Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Power Pack! The Russian! The Ravens! The Red Skull!)

Post by Ken »

Isn't red skull what Black Widow used to give Hawkeye before she switched sides?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:37 pm What I never understood is if the Red Skull has Xavier's brain, why doesn't he act like Xavier instead of the Red Skull?
Presumably it was just some specific bits he had installed that were the bits related to his powers and not his consciousness. Which would Totally Work, because... freaking comics.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

BriarThrone wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:42 pm
Shock wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:37 pm What I never understood is if the Red Skull has Xavier's brain, why doesn't he act like Xavier instead of the Red Skull?
Presumably it was just some specific bits he had installed that were the bits related to his powers and not his consciousness. Which would Totally Work, because... freaking comics.
Oh, yeah, that's totally how it works. I can't believe you didn't get that Shock. It's not brain surgery or anything. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'm really looking forward to the Rom & Spaceknights builds! I believe the only other 3e build that exists for Rom is Prodigyduck's, and there's no builds for a standard/generic Spaceknight as far as I know.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:37 pm
BriarThrone wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:42 pm
Oh, yeah, that's totally how it works. I can't believe you didn't get that Shock. It's not brain surgery or anything. ;)
Brain bits. Of course! How could I be so stupid? :oops:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, this came up last time, so I made sure to include some notes about "brain-bits" and the like, rather than just "he put Xavier's brain on his own".
Jabroniville

Replica

Post by Jabroniville »

REPLICA
Created By:
Jim Valentino
First Appearance: Guardians of the Galaxy #9 (Feb. 1991)
Role: Another Heroic Skrull
Group Affiliations: The Skrull Empire
PL 8 (127)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Space Soldier) 4 (+6)
Insight 1 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 6 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Blasters +6 Multiattack, Rebreathers, Space Armour), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Skrull Physiology"
Morph 4 (Any Form) [20]
Concealment 1 (Detect True Shape) [2]
Shapeshift 1 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Body Weaponry +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Blasters +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Body Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Universal Church of Truth)
Relationship (Protege)- Replica is a worshipper of the Church's powerful leader.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 11 (127)

-Replica is from the future-set Guardians of the Galaxy comic, and is a Skrull member of the Universal Church of Truth, ruled by Rancor on the planet of "New Haven". When the Guardians arrive, she joins them in the resistance against Rancor, and stows away on their ship- this leads to her assisting the team from time to time. Eventually, she joins up with Protege- a power-mimicking Cosmic Being (who copies the powers of the Living Tribunal!) who leads the Church in the future. Protege is eventually absorbed into the Living Tribunal. Far as I can tell, she's just a standard-issue Skrull, with the full Shapeshifting capabilities, such as the wings that Skrulls started using in the 1990s comics (as writers went "well, why couldn't they?").
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

How many good Skrulls have you built at this point? It's gotta be a lot.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm Isn't red skull what Black Widow used to give Hawkeye before she switched sides?
When she switched sides, Black Widow gave Hawkeye the Blue Bullet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm How many good Skrulls have you built at this point? It's gotta be a lot.
I wish I'd been counting from the beginning, but it's at least six or seven. All unrelated, independent characters. More named, important characters than there are evil ones.
Jabroniville

Razorback

Post by Jabroniville »

RAZORBACK (Buford T. Hollis)
Created By:
Archie Goodwin, Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #12 (Nov. 1977)
Role: Southern Stereotype, Space Trucker, Fad-Based Superhero
Country of Origin: The United States (Southern U.S.)
Group Affiliations: The Battalion (Initiative Team of Arkansas)
PL 8 (123), PL 10 (123) Driver
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Trucks & Vehicles) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+5)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 8 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 4 (Big Pig- Super-Loaded Semi Truck), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Ability to Drive Anything"
Enhanced Skills 16: Technology 8 (Flaws: Limited to Vehicles) (+12), Vehicles 12 (+20) [8]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Combat Driver, Beginner's Luck & Jack-of-All-Trades (Flaws: Limited to Vehicles) [2]
Features 1: May Automatically Drive or Pilot ANY Vehicle [1]

"Electrified Mane" (Flaws: Removable) [15]
Electrical Aura 6 (Flaws: Distracting) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Electrified Mane +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications: 
Responsibility (The Big Pig)
Honour (The Rules of the Road)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 15 (123)

-Razorback's a pretty standard "What the hell were they thinking?" type of super-hero. Okay, with that costume, it's OBVIOUS they weren't being serious, but he's almost too silly for Spider-Man books, and Spidey's the guy who fought The Walrus! He's kind of based around the C/B Radio/Trucker fad that was huge in the 1970s- Smokey and The Bandit and The Dukes of Hazzard hit on the fad in a big way, and the thing exploded- soon, teenagers all over America were playing with their radios, using callsigns and chatting with each other over the airwaves. Archie Comics, naturally, had a huge lecture-story about the proper use of such things (ie. use it for emergencies, not just to gab to each other in the time before cellphones). The craze died out, as crazes do.

-In any case, Buford T. Hollis was a big hillbilly with the mutant power to drive anything, searching New York for his sister Bobby Sue (of course), who had joined a cult. The cult was organized by the Man-Beast, and eventually Razorback & Spider-Man team up to defeat him. Later, he and U.S. Archer's lover Taryn team up to rescue Archer (another CB Radio/Trucker-fad-inspired character), and he becomes a background character in She-Hulk's book, being the ideal kind of "Silly Super" for that run. Archer having left Taryn for another woman, she soon hooks up with Razorback, who gains a spaceship from NASA, after he proves to be the only person capable of flying it. He's only showed up a handful of times, and got depowered after M-Day, but he's still a big galoot, and is presumably still a great driver and builder. His modern appearances include joining The Battalion- the Initiative team of his native Arkansas. However, this turned out to be a Skrull in Secret Invasion, and he's really just a silly backgrounder.

-Razorback is a weird guy to stat up, as he's actually rather effective for a PL 8, being EXTREMELY strong (a muscular 6'8", which I think is good enough for Cap-stats physically), packing an Aura (Distracting), and being really tough as well. His Powers activate themselves as Enhanced Skills & Advantages (with some Limited to Vehicles to allow him to operate or build complex high-tech engines despite being relatively unlearned, but not do the same for any piece of tech), and technically break his PL caps, but I usually just ignore that anyways.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay...I'll admit it...I like Razorback. I liked him better before John Byrne made him a mutant, but I understand why that was done (there really isn't any skill sharing between driving trucks and piloting space shuttles or I'd be working with NASA by now).

I liked in the original story that Buford was a big, redneck guy and kind of a tech genius (counter-intuitive for comics), after all he constructed both his electrified mane AND made his Peterbilt remote controlled, which is pretty cool. Sure, he's not anywhere close to Iron Man's league, but that's still impressive bits of engineering.

I'm a fan of oddball (but not joke) heroes, so Buford is my kinda guy.
MacynSnow

Re: Razorback

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:48 pm Image

RAZORBACK (Buford T. Hollis)
Created By:
Archie Goodwin, Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #12 (Nov. 1977)
Role: Southern Stereotype, Space Trucker, Fad-Based Superhero
Country of Origin: The United States (Southern U.S.)
Group Affiliations: The Battalion (Initiative Team of Arkansas)
PL 8 (123), PL 10 (123) Driver
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Trucks & Vehicles) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+5)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 8 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 4 (Big Pig- Super-Loaded Semi Truck), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Ability to Drive Anything"
Enhanced Skills 16: Technology 8 (Flaws: Limited to Vehicles) (+12), Vehicles 12 (+20) [8]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Combat Driver, Beginner's Luck & Jack-of-All-Trades (Flaws: Limited to Vehicles) [2]
Features 1: May Automatically Drive or Pilot ANY Vehicle [1]

"Electrified Mane" (Flaws: Removable) [15]
Electrical Aura 6 (Flaws: Distracting) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Electrified Mane +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications: 
Responsibility (The Big Pig)
Honour (The Rules of the Road)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 15 (123)

-Razorback's a pretty standard "What the hell were they thinking?" type of super-hero. Okay, with that costume, it's OBVIOUS they weren't being serious, but he's almost too silly for Spider-Man books, and Spidey's the guy who fought The Walrus! He's kind of based around the C/B Radio/Trucker fad that was huge in the 1970s- Smokey and The Bandit and The Dukes of Hazzard hit on the fad in a big way, and the thing exploded- soon, teenagers all over America were playing with their radios, using callsigns and chatting with each other over the airwaves. Archie Comics, naturally, had a huge lecture-story about the proper use of such things (ie. use it for emergencies, not just to gab to each other in the time before cellphones). The craze died out, as crazes do.

-In any case, Buford T. Hollis was a big hillbilly with the mutant power to drive anything, searching New York for his sister Bobby Sue (of course), who had joined a cult. The cult was organized by the Man-Beast, and eventually Razorback & Spider-Man team up to defeat him. Later, he and U.S. Archer's lover Taryn team up to rescue Archer (another CB Radio/Trucker-fad-inspired character), and he becomes a background character in She-Hulk's book, being the ideal kind of "Silly Super" for that run. Archer having left Taryn for another woman, she soon hooks up with Razorback, who gains a spaceship from NASA, after he proves to be the only person capable of flying it. He's only showed up a handful of times, and got depowered after M-Day, but he's still a big galoot, and is presumably still a great driver and builder. His modern appearances include joining The Battalion- the Initiative team of his native Arkansas. However, this turned out to be a Skrull in Secret Invasion, and he's really just a silly backgrounder.

-Razorback is a weird guy to stat up, as he's actually rather effective for a PL 8, being EXTREMELY strong (a muscular 6'8", which I think is good enough for Cap-stats physically), packing an Aura (Distracting), and being really tough as well. His Powers activate themselves as Enhanced Skills & Advantages (with some Limited to Vehicles to allow him to operate or build complex high-tech engines despite being relatively unlearned, but not do the same for any piece of tech), and technically break his PL caps, but I usually just ignore that anyways.
Good ol' Buford here is one of my top 3 "good idea/bad look" heroes(the other 2 being The Osprey and Frog-Man).All it would take to make him either a legit Hero or a great support character is a slight outfit apperance change......
Davies

Post by Davies »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:27 am
I'm a fan of oddball (but not joke) heroes, so Buford is my kinda guy.
If you haven't already, you should read Adam Troy-Castro's Sinister Six trilogy of novels; Buford plays a fairly major role in the first one.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Random

Post by Jabroniville »

RANDOM (Marshall Evan Stone III)
Created By:
Peter David & Joe Quesada
First Appearance: X-Factor #88 (March 1993)
Role: '90s Anti-Hero
Group Affiliations: The Acolytes, X-Factor, The Brotherhood of Mutants, Strikeforce, The Dark Descendants
Fate: Still alive and on The Acolytes
PL 10 (145)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Acrobatics 1 (+5)
Athletics 2 (+6)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Mercenary) 7 (+8)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 10

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Protoplasmic Body"
"Shapeshifting" Variable (Offensive Powers) 5 (Extras: Move Action) [40]

(Typical Powers: Gun Blast 8 (Multiattack) (24), Protection 3 & Strength 5 (16))

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Bolster Strength +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Gun Arms +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+9 Shapeshift), Fortitude +9, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Kind of a Good Guy)- Random's a merc, but has standards.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 14 (145)

-Poor Random. Unlike every Acolyte but Frenzy/Cargill, Random wasn't created for the team. He was a Peter David-created X-Factor character who bounced around being an anti-hero mercenary who hunted mutants or something. He attacked X-Factor once, but Havok ended the fight quickly by buying out Random's contract. The next time he met the team, however, he was hired to go after Polaris- Polaris survives, suspecting that Random deliberately threw the fight. Later, he actually JOINS X-Factor, as the government agency that hired him was now after him, as well. He allied with them briefly, showing a good side, and later teams with Havok when he tries to undermine the Brotherhood from within.

-But with the X-Factor series dying out, the dreaded late-'90s period of comics came calling, and nearly everyone who wasn't SUPER-important to the X-canon basically fell into Marvel Limbo. This being the worst of ALL Limbos (at least in DC, you get a tribute issue here or there like the Marvel Family does, in MARVEL's Limbo you're doomed to being jobbed to Wolverine along with fifty other guys in a single issue). And so, Random casually popped up during Messiah Complex, as an Acolyte, the writers suddenly ignoring that he was kind of a good guy (he teamed with the Brotherhood once, but soon helped Havok free several people). Being somewhat visually unique (grey-skinned and dressed like a grunge rocker), he's in a lot of background shots otherwise.

-In actuality, Random was created by The Dark Beast from a mass of protoplasm, and was made his helper. He escaped and became a bounty hunter, which led to him fighting X-Factor over some Genoshan expatriots (creatively called The X-Patriots). But he hasn't really interacted with the Dark Beast much since.

-Random has a vague kind of Shapeshifting, allowing him to change his body to counter-act certain threats. Usually he just turns his hands into guns (could he BE any more Iron Age?), but he can also bolster his physical capabilities, and he's generally a PL 9.5 kind of guy. Powerful, but not too powerful.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.