Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Red Skull! Razorback! Razor-Fist! Rogue! Red Sonja!)

Post by Ken »

The best take on the Red Sonja "must be defeated in battle before she can lie with a man" I ever saw was in an issue of Phil Foglio's Xxxenophile (#4 I think), with a parody of Red Sonja called "Blue Opal".

It can be found online, but it is seriously NSFW.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Woodclaw wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm
Hoid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm ....how has she not been killed by run-of-the-mill archers? Maybe it’s because I’m into guys and not girls, but that armor is seemingly designed for her to die a horrible death.
How Stjepan Sejic explained it.

Damn you Woodclaw! Beat me to it. :lol:
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, that's the most comments anyone's drawn in this set so far! Red Sonja even easily outpaces Rogue :)!
Jabroniville

Roadkill

Post by Jabroniville »

ROADKILL
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Andre Coates
First Appearance: The Secret Defenders #4 (June 1993)
Role: Evil Ghost
PL 10 (169)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+12)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Startle

Powers:
"Ghost" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 12 [12]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [11]

"Flaming Big-Rig"
Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]
Flame Aura 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (50) -- [51]
  • AE: "Flaming Chainsaw" Damage 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Chainsaw +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Flaming Big Rig +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Killing)- Roadkill now haunts Route 66, murdering random motorists.
Weakness (Creation of Television)- Having been created by a TV producer, and given life through a TV set, Roadkill is vulnerable to electrical cables, especially if they're involved in ass-pulled magic spells.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 116 / Defenses: 9 (169)

-Roadkill, debuting in The Secret Defenders, is a ghost- a spectre created from a man who was killed in a hit & run and left to rot. His ghost manifested to gain revenge upon the woman who did it- a TV producer who didn't stop after committing the crime, and callously used the experience as a backdrop to some horror show she'd created. Roadkill began murdering people on the same route on which he'd been killed (Route 66, naturally, leading to the running gag of it being called "Route 666" in the story), requiring Dr. Strange to form a group of Defenders (Punisher, Namorita & Sleepwalker) to stop him. He and his hellfire-covered Big Rig nearly killed Namorita, but Sleepwalker saved the day when he came back into the fold, and helped Dr. Strange cast a spell to put Roadkill back into the producer's mind, because their efforts to physically stop him were worthless.

-I actually HAVE the second part of this, oddly enough- it starts with 'Nita being in the hospital, and soon all the heroes are trying to fight Roadkill for naught, only for one of those "Doctor Strange Ass-Pull Magic Spells" to save the day, but only when 'Nita throws a television cable into the equation. He's a powerful physical combatant, but is mainly dangerous because he can't really be stopped (Punisher blows off his leg with an Automatic Weapon, but he's recovered in a few panels). Well, that and the fact that he can form a giant Flaming Big-Rig around himself (basically a Burst Area Reaction Damage effect) and go racing around Route 66. And has a Chainsaw once for some reason.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I actually have the first part. Was underwhelmed when I read the second part.

I actually liked how the Punisher was touched and really concerned when 'Nita took the shot from Roadkill meant for him, and stated how if that had hit him it would have torn him apart
Jabroniville

The Rising Sons

Post by Jabroniville »

THE RISING SONS
Created By:
Jay Faerber & Terry Dodson
First Appearance: Generation X #53 (July 1999)
Role: Rival Team

-The Rising Sons are a team of mercenaries hailing from Madripoor (Marvel's crime-ridden Singapore-knockoff). Jay Faerber had announced them in Wizard Magazine, suggesting they were a Boston street gang made up of Mutants who figured that if the world was going to hate them, they'd give them a REASON. Obviously, he changed course by the time they arrived in the Generation X book, which used them as one-off Jobbers. They fought and defeated Paladin when he came to get a sword for Adrienne Frost- he later returned with Generation X in tow, and the mutant teens beat the teenage Rising Sons. Some of the members were de-powered on M-Day, but others probably still have their powers. They haven't reappeared since.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Sign

Post by Jabroniville »

"I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign
No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong?"

SIGN (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Variable Guy
PL 7 (100)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers- Tattoo-Based Powers"
Variable 4 [28]
(Sample Powers: Lightning Blast 8, Boxing Gloves +3)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Boxing Gloves +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Lightning Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Rising Sons are Mercenaries.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 7 (100)

-Sign was a mutant with tattoos all over his body that allowed him to use a variety of effects- basically Magic Spells. The one effects seen were lightning bolts and big green boxing gloves around his fists that let him do some damage to Husk. He was de-powered on M-Day.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Jet-Black

Post by Jabroniville »

JET-BLACK (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Cyborg
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Cyborg"
Protection 4 [4]
"Motorcycle Legs" Speed 6 (120 mph) [6]
"Missiles" Blast 8 [16]

Offense:
Missiles +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 7 (102)

-Jet-Black was an armored cyborg who can turn his lower half into a motorcycle, and shoot missiles. He was able to run down Generation X on rented motorcycles, but Chamber & Synch (who was copying Chamber's powers) easily KO'd him with a team blast.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

For a second there I was really confused.
I thought Jab was stating out characters from Cowboy Bebop ;~)
Jabroniville

Nightwind

Post by Jabroniville »

NIGHTWIND (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Ninja
PL 8 (100)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages: 
Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Darkforce Sword"
"Nervous System Damage" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative) (16) -- [17]
AE: Sword Slash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)

Offense:
Sword Slash +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Nervous System Attack +8 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 11 (100)

-Nightwind is a ninja who can create a Darkforce Sword that can effect the victim's nervous system. There's some evidence she may be a teleporter, as she seems to move very quickly, disappearing from the shadows of a building- this may just be Ninja Stuff, however. Synch copied her Darkforce Sword power and dueled against her, but she proved his superior- Skin had to suffocate her from behind with his floppy skin-hands. Nightwind lost her powers on M-Day.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Hoid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm
danelsan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm
Hoid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm ....how has she not been killed by run-of-the-mill archers? Maybe it’s because I’m into guys and not girls, but that armor is seemingly designed for her to die a horrible death.
She avoided this fate presumably the same way Conan's bare chest does? Though it should be noted that there have been occasions both of them have, when knowing ahead of time they'd be in a big battle, wore actual armor.
...in the RE Howard stories (and not the films), Conan is sensible and wears armor, rather than running around half-naked.
Over half of all of Howard's Conan stories involved Conan running around and kicking ass wearing next to nothing. It was practically a catchphrase of Conan's to be described as "naked but for a loin cloth" occasionally with shorts instead, and wearing sandals or boots. The image of Conan going around adventuring bare chested is well supported in the books.

Now, the other half of the time Conan is wearing simple clothing, and when he's part of a larger army or king he does wear the armor available (ranging from chainmail to full plate), but "wandering solo adventurer Conan" generally didn't wear armor, and often much less than that.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Ares wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am
Hoid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm ...in the RE Howard stories (and not the films), Conan is sensible and wears armor, rather than running around half-naked.
Over half of all of Howard's Conan stories involved Conan running around and kicking ass wearing next to nothing. It was practically a catchphrase of Conan's to be described as "naked but for a loin cloth" occasionally with shorts instead, and wearing sandals or boots. The image of Conan going around adventuring bare chested is well supported in the books.

Now, the other half of the time Conan is wearing simple clothing, and when he's part of a larger army or king he does wear the armor available (ranging from chainmail to full plate), but "wandering solo adventurer Conan" generally didn't wear armor, and often much less than that.
You're both right!

There are stories where Conan wears full plate, stories where he wears mail, and yes, lots of stories where he's half-naked. Usually in those he's also accompanied by a half-naked woman in what was surely a bald attempt by Howard to get the cover illustration.

The point is, it's Tarzan who is the pulp hero who routinely wears next to nothing while John Carter is the pulp hero who wears nothing. Conan wore armor when he could, when it made sense (he spends a lot of time in the desert, where metal armor can be painful), and when Howard thought it would be cool (leading the charge of Aquilonian knights, for example).
Jabroniville

Tough Love

Post by Jabroniville »

TOUGH LOVE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Powerhouse
PL 7 (86)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Mercenary) 2 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Tough Guy" Protection 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 4 (86)

-Tough Love is super-strong and bulletproof. Said to be an intellectual. He grabbed Jubilee, but was one-shotted by Paladin's "Paralysis Gun", meaning he's yet another example of how weird Toughness & Fortitude are in comics & RPGs- in comics, Fortitude seems to almost ALWAYS be lower than Toughness, because stuff like Paralysis Guns always works. A mutant, he was de-powered on M-Day.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

When To Template:

These guys- one-offs with short histories and simple powers, are normally ideal for just laying out a template, like I did for the Lilin. However, in this case, the characters are quite different in concept- Nightwind requires an entirely different statline than does Tough Love. It's actually easier to build them all separately. Makes it easier to do archives, too.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Jungle Adventure" and "Barbarian Adventure" stories are two of those genres where you'll find a pretty even-handed approach to nudist characters- the men AND women tend to run around wearing tiny strips of cloth, even when fighting dozens of dudes at once! I mean, it's hard to judge Red Sonja & Shanna the She-Devil for absurd T&A when Conan and Ka-Zar (and Tarzan before him) are shirtless macho men. We just tended not to associate male toplessness with sexuality... though the reaction to Jason Momoa in Justice League is showing that things have DEFINITELY changed around.