Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spam

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rogue! Rising Sons! Rom & The Spaceknights! Cardiaxe!)

Post by Spam »

Coincidence that the next post after I mentioned Bill Paxton is also named Paxton? I think not.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Cardiaxe baffles me that he even exists. A EXTREEEME version of a minor Spider-Man enemy? It's so odd. That's why I had to bring him to your attention when I found out about him. Also, I'd like to see the Star Wars builds reposted at some point, maybe Rogue One along with them. It'd be quite fitting, since Episode 8 is coming out soon. I'd also interested in seeing builds of the Star Wars Expanded Universe video game characters Kyle Katarn and The Apprentice (Galen Marek), but Kyle Katarn has a LOT of history, and The Apprentice is..well..He's Darth Vader's secret apprentice. That's just ripe for Mary Sue-ness.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I think it's 75% likely Cardiaxe exists solely as an excuse to use the name.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 pm Cardiaxe baffles me that he even exists. A EXTREEEME version of a minor Spider-Man enemy? It's so odd. That's why I had to bring him to your attention when I found out about him. Also, I'd like to see the Star Wars builds reposted at some point, maybe Rogue One along with them. It'd be quite fitting, since Episode 8 is coming out soon. I'd also interested in seeing builds of the Star Wars Expanded Universe video game characters Kyle Katarn and The Apprentice (Galen Marek), but Kyle Katarn has a LOT of history, and The Apprentice is..well..He's Darth Vader's secret apprentice. That's just ripe for Mary Sue-ness.
I don't think I can properly express how much the entire concept of Galen "Starkiller" Marek irked me when I heard of it. Pretty much everything from that storyline felt completely pulled out of a rabid fanboy ass, except one thing: a semi-decent explanation of the famous Stormtroopers' aim (i.e. Rebellion-era clones soldier were mass-produced from lower grade donors than Jango Fett, they had zero field training - only mnemonic implants - and the entire process took them just a couple of months or so).
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Face Thief

Post by Jabroniville »

THE FACE THIEF (Kao-Goto-Suru)
Created By:
Len Kaminski & Tom Morgan
First Appearance: Iron Man Annual #14 (1993)
Role: Demon
PL 10 (162)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Athletics 5 (+13)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (History) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fascination (Deception), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
Morph 2 (Any Humanoid) (Flaws: Limited to After Pressing Their Face Against His) [8]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Teleport 8 (Extras: Easy) [24]
"Tentacles" Extra Limbs 6 [6]
Regeneration 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Killing Others)

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 9 (162)

-The Face Thief is a devil from a dimension of evil and darkness called "The Shinma". He spends time leading people on hopeless quests and then watching them die- three survivors of one attempt form The Masters of Silence in order to gain vengeance against him. They trapped him in a painting, but he escaped and possessed a man known to Tony Stark. The Masters, plus Iron Man, assaulted him while he was threatening the man's daughter and chased him off- the daughter, Meredith McCall, volunteered to join the Masters, as one, who had be fatally-injured, transfered his "warrior spirit" to her.

-Huh, well I'll be damned- this guy is ANOTHER one of those "1993 Annual" Debut Guys, joining Adam-X (the X-TREME) and many other completely forgotten characters.

-His powers are pretty vague, as all he does is scrap with a quartet of guys, killing one before being driven off. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:13 am
KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 pm Cardiaxe baffles me that he even exists. A EXTREEEME version of a minor Spider-Man enemy? It's so odd. That's why I had to bring him to your attention when I found out about him. Also, I'd like to see the Star Wars builds reposted at some point, maybe Rogue One along with them. It'd be quite fitting, since Episode 8 is coming out soon. I'd also interested in seeing builds of the Star Wars Expanded Universe video game characters Kyle Katarn and The Apprentice (Galen Marek), but Kyle Katarn has a LOT of history, and The Apprentice is..well..He's Darth Vader's secret apprentice. That's just ripe for Mary Sue-ness.
I don't think I can properly express how much the entire concept of Galen "Starkiller" Marek irked me when I heard of it. Pretty much everything from that storyline felt completely pulled out of a rabid fanboy ass, except one thing: a semi-decent explanation of the famous Stormtroopers' aim (i.e. Rebellion-era clones soldier were mass-produced from lower grade donors than Jango Fett, they had zero field training - only mnemonic implants - and the entire process took them just a couple of months or so).
Yeah..He reeks of being somebody's fanboy OC. It's just..really obvious. Also he was a real pain to fight against in Soul Calibur 4..
MacynSnow

Re: Rampage

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 am ImageImageImage

RAMPAGE (Stuart Clarke)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Don Heck
First Appearance: The Champions #5 (April 1976)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The Recession Raiders
PL 8 (113)
STRENGTH
2/7 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Expertise (Science) 2 (+8)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 5 (+11)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Gear), Inventor, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Rampage Powersuit" (Flaws: Removable) [39]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Power-Lifting 1 (
Protection 5 (5)
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
"Hypnotic Gas" Affliction 7 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Cumulative) (21)
-- (48 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Powersuit Strength +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Hypnotic Gas +7 Area (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +4 (+8 Suit), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)- The Skull desires power over anything else- be it via Nazism, criminal empires or the Cosmic Cube. Or Professor Xavier's brain.
Enemy (Captain America)- For decades, the Skull's key nemesis has been Captain America- the symbol of freedom itself.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 7 (113)

-I can't believe I've never seen this guy before- Rampage is as generic a "Jobber Villain" as you're ever going to get. Stuart Clarke was an idealistic inventor who refused to sell his designs to a larger company- this resulted in him going into debt. When he saw Stark Industries release armored exoskeletons similar to his own designs, he donned a suit of prototype armor and went attacking. His bank robbing drew the attention of the short-lived Champions, who defeated him easily- he attempted to take his own life, but was stopped by Iceman. He later betrayed the team to Russian agents after the Black Widow, and they convinced him to attempt a suicide-bombing of the Champions HQ- he barely survived. A crippled Rampage later mind-controlled Iceman into fighting The Angel and Spider-Man. He later showed up to fight Wonder Man and The Beast, leading a team of "Recession Raiders" with suits like his.

-The character disappeared for years afterwards, and only popped up in Iron Man's book, carrying out an old grudge. Breaking free from The Raft in Bendis's first Avengers issue, he moved on to The Punisher's book, acting as an ally to Frank Castle. He eventually grows truly close to Castle, considering him the only person to never let him down- he is eventually shot by the former Lady Punisher, a double agent working for S.H.I.E.L.D. Surviving, he nonetheless grows hateful when he sees a video of Castle killing his wife, and vows to hunt down the Punisher- he's eventually thrown to a window, resulting in permanent scarring- this causes him to ally with Jigsaw as "The Jigsaw Brothers". Eventually, Jigsaw turns on Clarke, killing him.

-Rampage is basically an awful villain, being only PL 7 with PL 7.5 defenses. Like a lot of smart guys, he can vary his gear between adventures, like having high-velocity rounds and stuff like that.
Alas,poor joe,we hardly knew you........I personally perfered him as a Wonder Man villian,as his background led to some intresting stories(Simon,himself being a failed buisnessman,felt a bit of kinship with him)
MacynSnow

Re: Face Thief

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 am Image

THE FACE THIEF (Kao-Goto-Suru)
Created By:
Len Kaminski & Tom Morgan
First Appearance: Iron Man Annual #14 (1993)
Role: Demon
PL 10 (162)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Athletics 5 (+13)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (History) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fascination (Deception), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
Morph 2 (Any Humanoid) (Flaws: Limited to After Pressing Their Face Against His) [8]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Teleport 8 (Extras: Easy) [24]
"Tentacles" Extra Limbs 6 [6]
Regeneration 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Killing Others)

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 9 (162)

-The Face Thief is a devil from a dimension of evil and darkness called "The Shinma". He spends time leading people on hopeless quests and then watching them die- three survivors of one attempt form The Masters of Silence in order to gain vengeance against him. They trapped him in a painting, but he escaped and possessed a man known to Tony Stark. The Masters, plus Iron Man, assaulted him while he was threatening the man's daughter and chased him off- the daughter, Meredith McCall, volunteered to join the Mastesr, as one, who had be fatally-injured, transfered his "warrior spirit" to her.

-Huh, well I'll be damned- this guy is ANOTHER one of those "1993 Annual" Debut Guys, joining Adam-X (the X-TREME) and many other completely forgotten characters.

-His powers are pretty vague, as all he does is scrap with a quartet of guys, killing one before being driven off. 
I personally liked the '93 Annual folks better than what Dc tried to do(that whole "Alien Spinal fluid" thing just doesn't float the boat)......Ok,so their first apperances' were horrible and some of them Shouldn't have had their own books so soon(i'm looking at both you& Terror on this Nightwatch!),but at least they were trying....
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

"Alien spinal fluid", huh. I know the Blood Pack came about from that arc.. All I know about them is from a panel of where one of the characters just up and cuts his own hand off after being told to make things more interesting.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I was under the impression that by the Rebellion era, stormtroopers weren't clones anymore. They ran out and were just "elite" recruits.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 pm The Apprentice is..well..He's Darth Vader's secret apprentice. That's just ripe for Mary Sue-ness.
The whole "Stormtrooper Aim" issue never really made much sense to me. Anytime the Stormtroopers aren't shooting at a main character, they're actually incredibly accurate. They've shown themselves to be as good or better than standard Rebel mooks. The most infamous example of their poor aim is how they failed to hit Luke, Leia and Han during their escape from the Death Star during "A New Hope". But as Leia points out "It was the only reason for the ease of our escape." The Empire LET the heroes escape in order to track them back to the Rebel base on Yavin. The Stormtroopers were therefore under orders to put up a convincing but ineffective capture effort in order to let the heroes think they'd just managed a narrow escape and could head home without any issues. Outside of a New Hope, Stormtroopers aren't really poor marksmen at all.

Now one explanation I do like about Stormtrooper armor not being as good as Clonetrooper armor is that the armor is designed for completely different purposes. Clonetrooper armor was designed for military troopers going up against cutting edge droid technology. Clonetroopers are soliders. Stormtroopers . . . aren't. Stormtroopers come about AFTER the galaxy has been put completely under Empire control. The Empire is not technically at war with anyone, not on a grand scale. As such, Stormtroopers are less soldiers and more police officers or security forces, designed to be highly visible reminders of the Empire's power. Their gear is good, but it's the difference between the kind of armor a Police or SWAT officer would have access to, versus the kind of armor a Navy SEAL or Marine would have access to. You expect a difference in performance. From that perspective, it makes sense that Stormtrooper armor is less effective than Clonetrooper armor.

As for Galen Marek . . . yeah, I never cared for the guy, and just as soon forget that his two games ever happened. It was bad enough he was a Force adept who could fight both Vader and the Emperor evenly, but he's also suppose to be the one who basically starts the Rebel Alliance. It comes off as total Fan-Wank-Fan-Fiction.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 am I was under the impression that by the Rebellion era, stormtroopers weren't clones anymore. They ran out and were just "elite" recruits.
That's indeed the case. Most clones were "retired" after the war and Stormtroopers are just soldiers loyal to the Empire.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, lotta comments considering I'm posting Limited interest guys right now :). The next 3-4 days will be assorted names from "The List" that have interested me over the years. Since I've been slow to finish that, I figured I'd Hammer out a handful.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:45 am "Alien spinal fluid", huh. I know the Blood Pack came about from that arc.. All I know about them is from a panel of where one of the characters just up and cuts his own hand off after being told to make things more interesting.
I'll give DC this: the Bloodlines crossover at least was an event, and some of the characters created actually had some potential. Most of them were just "EXTREME!" 90's characters, but a few of them at least had some interesting concepts. One character in particular that was kind of cool was Sparx, a girl from a family where everyone has a mete-gene and all they need is something to activate it. It was like this huge extended family of aunts and uncles, all of which had superpowers. Anyone whose powers didn't get triggered before puberty would go on a road trip with a more experienced family member, looking for something that might trigger it, and basically ANYTHING that could possibly trigger a meta-gene would work on them. That was actually a pretty cool concept that could have warranted further stories. Instead, all it got used in was the really awful "Superboy and the Ravers" series.

Ares
Site Admin

Re: Rampage

Post by Ares »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:33 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 am ImageImageImage

RAMPAGE (Stuart Clarke)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Don Heck
First Appearance: The Champions #5 (April 1976)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The Recession Raiders
Alas,poor joe,we hardly knew you........I personally perfered him as a Wonder Man villian,as his background led to some intresting stories(Simon,himself being a failed buisnessman,felt a bit of kinship with him)
Rampage actually seems like a brilliant idea for a guy who tried to be a supervillain and failed: Instead of being a villain himself, he outfits other people in his Rampage armor. It's an easy way to have a bunch of jobber villains show up, having the armor customized to their unique tastes.