Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Goliath! Brooklyn! Broadway! Hudson! Elisa!)

Post by Ares »

I'm so grateful Elisa came out when she did on the show she did. I cringe at the thought of what many modern writers would have done with her. She's a female cop, half-American Indian, half-African mixed heritage, the only regular human companion to the gargoyles, and she was obviously much beloved by the fanbase. Today the fact that she's a female cop would come up constantly to showcase how white, male cops are evil, both sides of her heritage would have been used to talk about the evils of white men, of cultural appropriation, and she would have been some unstoppable Mary Sue constantly calling the all-male gargoyles out for their "problematic" behavior.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:27 am Also, WOOOOOO- 500 pages! In only a year! My GOD this topic is gonna be insanely-huge after a couple of years. Providing Ares and I don't go to war over him going insane with Mod-Power or something :).
If it ever gets to that point, or if I can't do my (admittedly very easy) job here, I'll turn the keys of this place over to someone else.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I think Salli Richardson was really the heart behind how sexy Elisa was. Sallis voice work just emphasized the feminine in her, she was tough but beautiful all at the same time and you could HEAR it in the way she voiced Elisa. You BELIEVED this woman was beautiful because even if you closed your eyes the voice work came through.
]
And I was a scarlet fan always maybe because I was a Snake Eyes fan first but also because I have a thing for red heads with ponytails ;)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:30 am I'm so grateful Elisa came out when she did on the show she did. I cringe at the thought of what many modern writers would have done with her. She's a female cop, half-American Indian, half-African mixed heritage, the only regular human companion to the gargoyles, and she was obviously much beloved by the fanbase. Today the fact that she's a female cop would come up constantly to showcase how white, male cops are evil, both sides of her heritage would have been used to talk about the evils of white men, of cultural appropriation, and she would have been some unstoppable Mary Sue constantly calling the all-male gargoyles out for their "problematic" behavior.
As far as I'm concerned, I think that a lot of it was thanks to Greg Weismann's team. While they have their faults as writers, they seemed to be able to do one thing consistently: putting the emphasis on the character part of their creations.

[potential rant incoming]

A big problem I often notice with writing is that when in doubt many writers tend to highlight one aspect of a character over all the others, creating something that might be effective for a brief moment or one episode, but crumbles in the long run. This is especially noticeable with female characters, because a lot of people feel the need to focus on the female element, resulting in something that feel more like a joke. I'm saying that these elements should be ignored, but they don't need to the be the only focus of the character either. Like any other part of the story they should be addressed when they're relevant to the plot.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

More episode review stuff:
The Tryptich: These are a trio of episodes featuring the younger Gargoyles, showcasing their personalities. Lexington is more childlike and inquisitive, Broadway is nerdy and brash, while Brooklyn is exciteable and show-offy. The Gun Safety episode has a TON of stuff you'd never seen in cartoons, including the main female lying on the floor, bleeding out in her own kitchen due to a gunshot wound. How Tony Dracon managed to NOT crap his pants while a furious Goliath barreled after him up a flight of metal stairs is beyond me. The episode also features both a use of the Tail as an Extra Limb (it can grasp and wrap around a guy's wrists and then throw him, and Goliath uses his to disarm Dracon), and Low-Light Vision, as Goliath trumps the villains' new Particle Beam Weapons by shutting down the lights. Also one of our standard early showings that Goliath's temper WILL allow him to murder others.

Lex trusting the Pack brings us a good moral (Lex is technically proven wrong by trusting The Pack, but Goliath corrects him that he was right that trust is a good thing), as well as some depictions of the Clan fighting high-level human adversaries- their weapons can bridge the gap, but they are WAY out-powered once the Gargoyles get into melee range. Goliath & Lex beat all five Pack members once they get going. Brooklyn has an early bit where he hates and distrusts Demona more than the others, because she conned him into nearly enslaving Goliath.
DominusExMachina

Re: Lori Lemaris (among other things...)

Post by DominusExMachina »

Sorry it's taken so long, but...
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:19 am
DominusExMachina wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 amHere's hoping the generic Poseidonian and Tritonian templates show up in a later post...beyond that, Jab, I'd say you've clearly done Lori justice.
Thanks! It was interesting to look into the history of a once-recurring character who's been around so much, yet I've never read about beforehand! I have no idea how the Atlantean stuff works in DC, however - their Wiki page didn't provide much help as to who was different from whom - for all I know they're identical, except one has a mermaid's tail...and possibly telepathy.
Glad you enjoyed your little "dumpster dive" through the more obscure regions of DC Comics history. It's just too bad that characters like Lori have been so utterly sidelined in the comics as of late.

And as for other Atlanteans, outside of Aquaman and his "family" of heroes (Queen Mera, Tempest, Dolphin, etc.), there's very little differentiation between them other than the fact that those born of the city-state of Poseidonis, like Aquaman himself, can easily pass for humans on the surface (the issue of weakening from dehydration aside), while those born of Tritonis have fish-like tails instead of legs.

Speaking of fish-tailed Atlanteans in DC comics, Lori's not the only one. There are others throughout pre-Flashpoint DC Comics history, including:
  • Ulla Paske a.k.a. the Little Mermaid (from the Global Guardians)
  • From the Aquaman comics:
    • Sheeva (of the Landlovers)
    • Letifos (unique because she has a shark-like tail)
    • King Iqula (and Queen S'Ona) of Tritonis
  • Suli Stellamaris (from Seven Soldiers: Bulleteer #3, unique because she has a unusually long and highly flexible tail)
As far as telepathy goes, according to the DC Comics wiki, Atlanteans developed a low-level form as their primary means of communication, with the much stronger version fielded by Aquaman being a rare occurrence. All that being said, there's no mention whatsoever of Mera, Vulko, or any other member of the "Aquaman family" (or any other Atlanteans besides Lori, for that matter) being telepathic in the actual comics. (If anything, Atlanteans are depicted in the comics as being able to speak normally underwater.)
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:19 am
DominusExMachina wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 amAs for the pre-Crisis-era Lori, might I suggest the following Complication:
Disability (Strange Appearance): Like all who are native to the Atlantean city-state of Tritonis, Lori has a fish-like tail instead of legs, the result of a curse levied by the sorcerer and prophet Shalako against the people of Tritonis over 10,000 years ago. As such, while on land, Lori requires a wheelchair to move around.
Hm, maybe!
Oh...definitely.
Ares wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:32 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:27 amAlso, WOOOOOO- 500 pages! In only a year! My GOD this topic is gonna be insanely-huge after a couple of years. Providing Ares and I don't go to war over him going insane with Mod-Power or something :).
If it ever gets to that point, or if I can't do my (admittedly very easy) job here, I'll turn the keys of this place over to someone else.
Let's hope it never gets to that point, you two. Still, 500 pages (and counting) in a year...

"Holy sh*t."
Campaign Manager Morty, from The Ricklantis Mixup

Here's to the next 500...

Anyhoo, loving the Gargoyles builds so far (my only complaint being that you didn't do stats for Elisa's Gargoyle form from The Mirror}...

...and speaking of builds, in addition to the Super Sons, here's a few more DC Comics teams I'd love to see builds for:

The League of Ancients
  • Anointed One
  • Gamemnae
  • Manitou Raven
  • Rama Khan
  • Sela
  • Tezumak
  • Whaler
The Elite
  • Manchester Black
  • Sister Superior
  • Coldcast
  • Hat
  • Menagerie I
  • Menagerie II
The Landlovers
  • Blubber
  • Lagoon Boy
  • Sheeva
The Teen Titans (comics version)
  • Argent (Antonia Louise "Toni" Monetti)
  • Fringe
  • Hot Spot (Isaiah Crockett)
  • Prysm (Audrey Spears)
  • Risk (Cody Driscoll)
And maybe when all that's done, I think it'd be cool to do some Rick and Morty builds...

That's all...for now...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I know I statted up those Teen Titans, at least. There should be links on the front page. The League of Ancients look to be one-off-story characters with no information about them. Honestly, almost all obscure DC characters are like this- no bio, no descriptions or anything. Maybe only suggest guys that have real information about them online? It's discouraging when I check bios and find absolutely NOTHING about these characters.
Jabroniville

Tony Dracon

Post by Jabroniville »

TONY DRACON
Played By:
Richard Grieco
Role: Generic Crimeboss
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 1 (+4)
Perception 2 (+5)
Persuasion 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit 3 (Wealth, Status- Crime Boss), Connected, Equipment 2 (Gun), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Uber-Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [25]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 5) (11)
Flight 5 (60 mph) (10)
-- (31 points)

Equipment:
"Guns" Blast 5 (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Guns +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (Elisa Maza)- Dracon holds personal enmity for Maza, as she's taken a hand in several takedowns of Dracon's operations.
Enemy (The Gargoyles)- The white streak in Dracon's hair is a result of a scare he got when an enraged Goliath beared down on him.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (79)

-Tony Dracon was probably the lowest end of the totem pole as far as Gargoyles Rogues went, but he was perfectly serviceable. The main crimeboss in Manhattan, he was the descendant of Dominic Dracon, and followed the family tradition- probably The Mafia, but he seemed more a generic crook- his #2 agent is the black "Glasses". He debuted selling particle-beam accelerators (from Xanatos of all people), but ran into Broadway and Elisa, who ended up shot- most everybody assumed it was Dracon's doing, sending Goliath into a murderous rage.

-Dracon would be a recurring menace, but proved to be a bit of a dunce at times, failing to recognize immediately that Elisa was undercover as a "Lady Cop with a protection racket", and openly threatening a shop owner for protection money. He was imprisoned frequently, but could run his empire from jail, and seemed to get out fairly often. A turf war with a rival boss (Tomas Brod), ended up with Dracon losing much of his power base, and Greg Weisman has hinted that Tony's return wouldn't be as a crimeboss.

-Dracon is a perfectly serviceable Crime Boss, but has nothing that would really put fear into a Gargoyle- he's not that kind of a bad guy. Typically he'll hide behind an army of Mooks and smirk at the heroes, but freak the hell out once they get to him.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know,it's rare i make a request of anyone to do a set build(i should have a couple of my Exiles up&posted by this time next week,btw),but i have to ask jab that you do,if you have time&want to, The Bionic Six .In my mind,it was one of the better 'toons out there during a rather spotty decade for animation.............
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 pm You know,it's rare i make a request of anyone to do a set build(i should have a couple of my Exiles up&posted by this time next week,btw),but i have to ask jab that you do,if you have time&want to, The Bionic Six .In my mind,it was one of the better 'toons out there during a rather spotty decade for animation.............
Never once saw that show, unfortunately. I can't remember if someone from Ronin Army ever did. Good to see you're still doing those Exiles!
MacynSnow

Re: Tony Dracon

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:25 pm Image

TONY DRACON
Played By:
Richard Grieco
Role: Generic Crimeboss
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 1 (+4)
Perception 2 (+5)
Persuasion 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit 3 (Wealth, Status- Crime Boss), Connected, Equipment 2 (Gun), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Uber-Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [25]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 5) (11)
Flight 5 (60 mph) (10)
-- (31 points)

Equipment:
"Guns" Blast 5 (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Guns +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (Elisa Maza)- Dracon holds personal enmity for Maza, as she's taken a hand in several takedowns of Dracon's operations.
Enemy (The Gargoyles)- The white streak in Dracon's hair is a result of a scare he got when an enraged Goliath beared down on him.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (79)

-Tony Dracon was probably the lowest end of the totem pole as far as Gargoyles Rogues went, but he was perfectly serviceable. The main crimeboss in Manhattan, he was the descendant of Dominic Dracon, and followed the family tradition- probably The Mafia, but he seemed more a generic crook- his #2 agent is the black "Glasses". He debuted selling particle-beam accelerators (from Xanatos of all people), but ran into Broadway and Elisa, who ended up shot- most everybody assumed it was Dracon's doing, sending Goliath into a murderous rage.

-Dracon would be a recurring menace, but proved to be a bit of a dunce at times, failing to recognize immediately that Elisa was undercover as a "Lady Cop with a protection racket", and openly threatening a shop owner for protection money. He was imprisoned frequently, but could run his empire from jail, and seemed to get out fairly often. A turf war with a rival boss (Tomas Brod), ended up with Dracon losing much of his power base, and Greg Weisman has hinted that Tony's return wouldn't be as a crimeboss.

-Dracon is a perfectly serviceable Crime Boss, but has nothing that would really put fear into a Gargoyle- he's not that kind of a bad guy. Typically he'll hide behind an army of Mooks and smirk at the heroes, but freak the hell out once they get to him.
2 quick notes about Tony from me: 1)i personally thought the "skunk-look" looked rather good on him and gave him a nicely distinctive apperance...And 2)I actually use Tony(or a version of him,at least....)in my rl M&M2e game as as "mid-card" crimeboss for my street-level heroes.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 pm You know,it's rare i make a request of anyone to do a set build(i should have a couple of my Exiles up&posted by this time next week,btw),but i have to ask jab that you do,if you have time&want to, The Bionic Six .In my mind,it was one of the better 'toons out there during a rather spotty decade for animation.............
Also had a great intro in a time when the Intro music was as good or better then the shows sometimes :D

You know?? I swear someone DID do the six and I thought It was you Jab.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Fox

Post by Jabroniville »

FOX (Janine Renard)
Played By:
Laura San Giacomo
Role: Action Girl, Spy Girl
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+14)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 6 (+10, +12 Attractive)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Action Star) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Spy) 6 (+10)
Insight 3 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+9)
Perception 5 (+9)
Persuasion 4 (+8, +10 Attractive)
Stealth 7 (+12)
Technology 4 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 3 (Wealth), Benefit (Daughter of Titania), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 3 (Firearms +6, Other Weapons), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Guns +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Xanatos, Alexander)- Though Fox comes across as an amoral criminal most of the time, she is fiercely devoted to her family. When her son was about to be taken from her, she unleashed her full Mama Bear powers- whipping out a Magical Bolt that knocked OBERON on his ass.
Motivation (Kicks)- Fox does a lot of things just for fun. She could have been guaranteed her father's multi-billion-dollar business, but tried to bring it down alongside Xanatos because that way was more fun.
Responsibility/Secret- Her inner-personality is described as "predatory, self-hating and conflicted" according to Greg Weisman.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 17 (143)

-Fox has a bit of a weird history on Gargoyles. Not exactly a well-rounded character at first, she started out as a generic money-grubbing mercenary type under cover of being a TV action heroine, as the leader of The Pack. Her canine-themed group ran afoul of Lexington & the other Gargoyles, and then proceeded to become the Official Jobbers of the franchise, repeatedly fighting them in smaller and smaller groups because Demona, Macbeth & Xanatos were the Big Three. But Fox on her own willingly stayed in prison rather than escape, so she ended up with an early parole, where it was revealed she was boinking Xanatos this entire time. You see, his whole plot was to spring The Pack and then come across as a reformed nice-girl, so she could get out LEGALLY, and thus not be a fugitive.

-Fox ended up being "Xanatos' Girlfriend" for a while, not doing nearly as much as the other characters, but she ended up getting her own swack of backstory (this show was REALLY REALLY BIG on introducing generic characters and then giving them mini-novels worth of background information and secrets)- she was the daughter of Halcyon Renard (Reynard... Fox... another literary/folklore reference from Weisman's crew here), a Xanatos rival at Cyberbiotics (the generic rival corporation in the very first story arc- see what I mean about the backgrounds?). Her mother was secretly Titania, Queen of the Fair-Folk or what have you, and she & her original husband Oberon came calling to take Fox's baby for magical training (since Fox didn't learn any). The resulting battle gave Fox a Mama Bear attitude, and helped her character out significantly.

-She was played pretty well by Laura San Giacomo, who probably hit her career peak with NBC's Just Shoot Me, though Wendy Malick & David Spade went on to much greater success following that show. And hell, the guy playing her dad is now the grandpa on The Goldbergs! Laura was definitely a hottie, but was SO overwhelmingly busty that she couldn't really show off on TV without looking borderline pornographic- given Hollywood's taste towards the bust has declined over the years (most major starlets these days are waifs in comparison to other eras), her career had a few things working against it already. San Giacomo was told by her agent to go uncredited on the series (for fear of hampering her career by being thought of as a "voiceover actress"), though the producers all insist she was a DELIGHT to work with, and never felt it was "beneath her" to voice a cartoon. She gave Fox a bit of a Femme Fatale edge, though she didn't really do any flirting or seducing (aside from a little chin-stroking of Lex).

-Fox is a PL 8-9 character, with a TON of points devoted to her wide Skill set and Advantages. She's a fantastic fighter, but lacks enough raw power to handle a Gargoyle on her own without firearms. She's pretty much like most of my other "Agent" type builds (Silver Sable, etc.), as she was among the few Pack members to not get pscyo-upgrades partway through the first season, so she stays as a Skill/Shooter type of character. She does have a unique Benefit, as her status as a Child of Oberon (the name for magical creatures in the show) gives her an occasional Hero Point-deducting super-magical Blast of power, but only for a big Complication (ie. her son). 

FOX (Janine Renard)- ANIMAL FORM
Played By:
Laura San Giacomo
Role: Jekyll & Hyde Monster
PL 10 (104)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+14)
Athletics 6 (+14)
Perception 8 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Power Attack

Powers:
"Werefox Physiology"
"Fox Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Legs of the Fox" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [1]
"Claws" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 8) (Flaws: Distracting) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +12

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 24), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Xanatos)- Part of Fox recognizes her love, even in this form.
Motivation (Food)- The dietary requirements of this form are intense- Fox must eat almost constantly to keep up her metabolic rate.
Disabled (Dying)- Fox will die within a month after transforming into this new body nightly.
Power Loss/Involuntary Transformation

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 15 (104)

-This is Fox in her one-episode Were-form. She was strong enough to fight off Goliath & Xanatos single-handedly for a good while, and was in danger of dying just from the energy requirements of her new body.
Jabroniville

Wolf

Post by Jabroniville »

WOLF
Played By:
Clancy Brown
Role: The Wolfman, Big Dumb Muscle
PL 9 (112)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 5 (+12)
Expertise (Action Star) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Wolf Physiology"
"Wolf Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Legs of the Wolf" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed, Power)- Though he's greedy like the others, Wolf has an unnatural desire to prove himself, to the point where he underwent genetic engineering just so that he could fight Goliath one-on-one.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Wolf was the Strong Guy of The Pack (and the Dumb Guy, though Greg Weisman admits that he had too much fun with that, and Wolf was actually pretty clever in their debut), which of course didn't mean alot back in the day because he was only a really strong normal human, and Goliath, Hudson & Broadway were all stronger than him, and even Brooklyn could match him. The poor guy thus was super-happy to be turned into a malformed freak by Xanatos & Sevarius, which allowed him to whup Hudson and even match Goliath in terms of sheer strength! After that, The Pack sorta split ways, and he was last seen with Hakon, the Gargoyles' old Viking nemesis, spiritually guiding him and lecturing him and stuff.

-Kind of funny to see a pretty generic side-character turn into yet ANOTHER animal hybrid guy, then get the famed "Gargoyles Backstory Effect", where even the most minor background people end up with pages and pages of history and links to the rest of the cast (he is the descendant of Hakon himself). Wolf's voice actor, Clancy Brown, later made a name for himself as Lex Luthor in Superman: The Animated Series, but generally plays dumb thugs throughout his career. His deep voice, ideal for brutes, kind of typecasts him, though he's usually at his best in other roles (Luthor; the King in Tangled: The Series).

-Wolf is a powerhouse, plain and simple. He's a grappling machine who's also pretty damn fast and scary, and he's one of the few villains who can match the top Gargoyles in terms of sheer physical strength. He's kind of a moron otherwise, though. 

WOLF
Played By:
Clancy Brown
PL 7 (92)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 5 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Mercenary Gear), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Power-Hitter" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Equipment:
"Pack Gear"
"Knock-Out Gas" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2, Ranged) (Diminished Range -1) (14) -- (15)
  • AE: "Guns" Blast 6 (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Knock-Out Gas +6 Area (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Guns +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed, Power)- Though he's greedy like the others, Wolf has an unnatural desire to prove himself, to the point where he underwent genetic engineering just so that he could fight Goliath one-on-one.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 11 (92)

-Human Wolf is the strongest member of his group (to the point where he was pretty much equal in strength to low-end Gargoyles like Lexington), but also the dumbest. 

WOLF (With Hakon)
Played By:
Clancy Brown
PL 10 (129)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 5 (+12)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Advice From Hakon's Spirit), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Wolf Physiology"
"Wolf Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Sentient Axe" Move Object 2 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Axe -2) [2]

"Hakon's Axe" (Flaws: Removable) [14]
"Sentient Thrown Axe" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable 9, Selective 9) (20) -- (23 points)
  • AE: "Axe Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Penetrating 8) (12)
  • AE: "Shockwave" Affliction 10 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Both Must Be Grounded) (10.5)
  • AE: "Flying, Thor-Style" Flight 4 (30 mph) (8)
Offense:
Axe +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Thrown Axe +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Shockwave +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 12 (129)

-Hakon's Axe is something he was only shown with once, so it's not in his 'main' build, but here it is below. It's your standard Axe (the damage pushing him to a PL 10 in his offensive caps- he pretty handily took on both Goliath AND Hudson combined), Alternate Power'd off of a powerful Line Blast effect, with the Flaw that he can only do it sometimes. The complications of having Hakon in charge of his unconscious body or whatever while doing it are a bit too complicated rules-wise to put down easily, so I just threw on that Flaw to make up the whole thing.

WOLF (With Hakon)
Played By:
Clancy Brown
PL 10 (193)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 5 (+12)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Advice From Hakon's Spirit), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Wolf Physiology"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Sentient Axe" Move Object 2 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Axe -2) [2]
Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Reaction) [24]
"Possesses Hudson" Mind Control 10 [40]

"Hakon's Axe" (Flaws: Removable) [14]
"Sentient Thrown Axe" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable 9, Selective 9) (20) -- (23 points)
  • AE: "Axe Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Penetrating 8) (12)
  • AE: "Shockwave" Affliction 10 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Both Must Be Grounded) (10.5)
  • AE: "Flying, Thor-Style" Flight 4 (30 mph) (8)
Offense:
Axe +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Thrown Axe +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Shockwave +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 90 / Defenses: 12 (193)

-When Hakon empowers Wolf, he becomes FREAKISHLY powerful, easily handling both Goliath & Hudson at once, and using uber-cheeseball tactics to win, like becoming immaterial, then rematerializing for a big punch. He also possessed Hudson temporarily, making HIM fight Goliath.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brooklyn! Broadway! Hudson! Elisa! The Pack!)

Post by Arkrite »

Mmm. I love me some Fox.
And the big reveal about the entire plan, and entire episode, being just an excuse to get Xanatos' girlfriend out of jail? Well, it really set the tone for me that Xanatos was a villain of note. He always seemed to have a plan hidden under the main one, and while the good guys saved the day, Xanatos still got his prize.

I always got the idea that maybe Fox didn't blast Oberon. That maybe, just maybe it was Titania acting through Fox to keep her daughter from losing her child.
Mind you there's no evidence to support this, but it does seem strange that they're so confidant she has no magic, she suddenly gets some... and then nobody tries to train her as well. Seems odd.

Also got a good chuckle in regards to her meeting with her Dad where he notes that she doesn't have to keep stealing from him, he'd happily give her everything if she just asked him for it. And, of course, she wouldn't do that because it's not as much fun.