Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Angela! David Xanatos! Owen! Coldstone! Demona!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

one thing I liked about the Weird Sisters is how humans perceived them as human and gargoyles as gargoyles....at least in that MacBeth/Demona thing. I never saw all the episodes to know if they kept up with that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:05 pm one thing I liked about the Weird Sisters is how humans perceived them as human and gargoyles as gargoyles....at least in that MacBeth/Demona thing. I never saw all the episodes to know if they kept up with that.
They took a lot of different forms- in one episode, they appear as children. I'm not sure if they actually did the "Galactus Trick" where everyone perceives them differently or not.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Seemed that way at least in the episode I saw....granted it was 13 years ago (damn) and Mel was sorta distracting me :D
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:05 pm one thing I liked about the Weird Sisters is how humans perceived them as human and gargoyles as gargoyles....at least in that MacBeth/Demona thing. I never saw all the episodes to know if they kept up with that.
They took a lot of different forms- in one episode, they appear as children. I'm not sure if they actually did the "Galactus Trick" where everyone perceives them differently or not.
I'm not sure, but from the aforementioned episode it surely seem so.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Thailog

Post by Jabroniville »

THAILOG
Played By:
Keith David
Role: Dark Mirror Image Villain, The Manipulator
PL 10 (200)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Aerobatics 5 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Deception 10 (+14)
Expertise (History) 3 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 3 (+5)
Expertise (Business) 10 (+18)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+14)
Insight 6 (+10)
Intimidation 10 (+14)
Investigation 3 (+7)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 9 (+13)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+12)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Wealth), Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages (Probably a Couple), Luck 2, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown, Taunt, Teamwork, Ultimate Skills 2 (Business, Deception), Well-Informed

Powers:
"Gargoyle Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (Quirks: Gliders) [3]
"Hitting Power" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Defenders of the Night" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Strong Legs" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]
"Long Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]

"Piercing Claws"
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) [3]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +9

Complications:
Motivation (Money & Power)- Unlike other Gargoyles, Thailog is as greedy as Xanatos himself.
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Enemy (Goliath, Xanatos)- Thailog has decided to hate all of his fathers, and seeks to kill and replace them. Only Anton Sevarius got out of it, by virtue of being a scientific genius who could clone Thailog a new Clan.
Enemy (Demona)- Thailog thought it prudent to get himself a floozy, but made the mistake of cheesing her off and betraying her for a more loyal, stable bride. Making an enemy of DEMONA could prove to be a very bad move.
Prejudice (Monster)- Gargoyles are very frightening to human beings.

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 84--42 / Advantages: 37 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (200)

-"Cloned" heroes are an age-old trick of the trade in stories like this, and when combined with the range of Keith David's voice (ideal for villainous characters in many ways), the writers decided to forge Thailog. Created by Xanatos to combine the best traits of Goliath (physical might) and himself (smarts & amorality), he of course created a monster that betrayed all his "fathers", tried to murder pretty much everybody else in the show, created his OWN Clone Army, etc. By the end of the series, Thailog had basically replaced Xanatos as the main villain (especially once Xanatos did a face turn).

-I REALLY liked the concept of 'clones that had different colours', as I was always a fan of colour templates & costume switching back in the day (stuff like Spider-Man's black costume, U.S. Agent, Wolverine's varied outfits, etc.), especially once the whole Clan got into the act. A wickedly evil Keith David-played monster was a cool idea, though in the end, he almost was TOO powerful- Xanatos was limited by his humanity and character flaws; Thailog was virtually unstoppable and his only character flaw was his nature of betraying everybody.

-Thailog is a nasty piece of work, basically matching up the best parts of Goliath & Xanatos, which means he is a VERY expensive fellow. His Armour pushes him up to PL 10 on the defense, and he's an even match for Goliath in a fist-fight. While he's as smart as Xanatos, he isn't quite his equal in Skills or Feats- he lacks the experience and hands-on knowledge (versus being raised in a tube), plus has only really been shown helping out with the Cloning of his own Clan as far as technological know-how is concerned (I've noticed that Gargoyles has a lot of "smart" guys who never actually do anything aside from creating Master Plans against other characters- Xanatos & Sevarius are the only two inventors around). But he's STILL very high in most of those skills (80 ranks is alot for ANY Skillmonkey- the fact that he has a dozen OTHER tricks is REALLY scary).
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

One fun thing from the comic expansion Greg did a while back was that he had Thailog join the Illuminati, and he either had equal or higher ranking than Xanatos.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Clones

Post by Jabroniville »

BURBANK
Played By:
Ed Asner
Role: The Dark Mirror Image
PL 8 (88)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+5)
Athletics 2 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+9)
Expertise (Sewer Dweller) 4 (+2)
Intimidation 9 (+7)
Perception 2 (+0)
Stealth 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Equipment (Mace), Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle

Powers:
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]

"Piercing Claws"

Equipment:
"Mace" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Penetrating 4) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Mace +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Responsibility (Last of Their Kind)- The Clones are some of the last Gargoyles left.
Responsibility (The Labyrinth Clan)

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 13 (88)

-Burbank is a Hudson clone, but changes some fundamental flaws to the design, being aged into his physical prime instead of his twilight years the way Hudson was.

HOLLYWOOD
Played By:
Bill "Patrick Star' Fagerbakke
Role: Dark Mirror Image
PL 8 (78)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Aerobatics 3 (+5)
Athletics 2 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Intimidation 9 (+7)
Perception 2 (+0)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle

Powers:

"Piercing Claws"

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Last of Their Kind)- The Clones are some of the last Gargoyles left.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 13 (78)

MALIBU
Played By:
Jeff Bennett
PL 8 (78)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Aerobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 2 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Intimidation 9 (+7)
Perception 2 (+0)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:

"Piercing Claws"

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +2

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 12 (78)

BRENTWOOD
Played By:
Thom Adcox
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 2 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Sewer Dweller) 4 (+3)
Intimidation 7 (+5)
Perception 3 (+2)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Evasion, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Seize Initiative

Powers:

"Piercing Claws"

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +2

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 13 (102)

-Brentwood is a cooler-looking version of Lexington, and might be a bit smarter than the other Clones. He even betrays the Labyrinth Clan and goes back with the smarter Thailog, respecting his strength.
Jabroniville

Delilah

Post by Jabroniville »

DELILAH
Played By:
Salli Richardson
Role: The Cloned Bride
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 4 (+10)
Deception 3 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Evasion, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:

"Piercing Claws"

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Prejudice (Monster)
Relationship (Thailog)- Delilah was meant to be Thailog's mate, but successfully rejected him alongside most of the other clones. Later, she may hook up with Brooklyn's clone, Malibu.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 11 (112)

-So Thailog, upon realizing that Demona was fricking nuts and shouldn't be trusted for too long, had another babe cloned for him, taking bits of the TWO hottest women he'd ever met- Demona & Elisa Maza. Well, he gets zero points for un-creepiness, but ten points for ingeniousness. Delilah was MOSTLY a Gargoyle, but kinda looked like a Garg-Elisa (even moreso than the ACTUAL Garg-Elisa that showed up earlier in the series), and she was smarter and more normal than the other Clones. I figure her for an even-PL 8 like Angela and other "Elite" Gargoyles, but she's not on Demona's level.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Elisa! The Pack! The Labyrinth Clan! Bluestone!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 am
brothersale wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 am Question for when I do the Dinosaur Builds:

Any particular species you'd like to see. I of course stat out all the "famous ones", but do you have obscure ones you've enjoyed from some source or another? Even if they're pretty same-y compared to the other, more famous ones.

Real dinos only, please. No fictional ones.
Therizinosaurus cheloniformis and Liopleurodon ferox
Yup, they're on the list :).

Doing the Gargoyles builds reminds me of why I don't do builds for cartoons I've never seen- it's basically impossible to do the research unless you've actually seen every single episode. And even THEN there are mistakes- I needed help for Hyena & Jackal's gear years ago because I hadn't seen those episodes in a while (it was before the show was released on DVD), and just recently I found out that the Labyrinth Clan lost their tails and could Fly normally. And this is for a show where I have seen EVERY SINGLE EPISODE multiple times.

So yeah, there's no way in hell I could ever do Bionic Six (I haven't just never seen it; I don't even know what it IS), Exo-Squad (watched one episode a thousand years ago) or Rick & Morty (no interest in watching "Another Asshole Protagonist" show #9587, especially now that it's one of those "nerd things" that is just EVERYWHERE, no matter where you go).
I'll do Bionic Six then(it was actually one of my favorite shows growing up),since you can't jab....though i do recommend you watch them on youbitube.....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool! I'll lead everyone to your thread, then, since a fan would do a way better job than I would :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Give me a little time first,i'm like an old bear and like to hibernate a little..... :lol:
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Bionic Six would be an interesting set of builds.

I never knew of it until seventh grade, when I saw it on Sci-Fi in the mornings (reading the tv guide in the newspaper I figured it to be anime just based on the name) and when I finally saw it....well it was an acquired taste for me, but I grew to enjoy it pretty well.
Jabroniville

Macbeth

Post by Jabroniville »

MACBETH (Mac Bethad mac Findlaec)
Played By:
Johnathan Rhys-Davies
Role: The Tired Old Man, Honorable Bad Guy, Tragic Figure
PL 10 (217)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+15)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (History) 10 (+15)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+13)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 7 (+12)
Vehicles 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Wealth), Diehard, Equipment 20 (Castle Base, Defense Systems, Lightning Gun, Swords, etc.), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 3 (Unarmed, Sword, Lightning Gun), Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Inspire, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Probably a Few), Last Stand, Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Pact With Demona"
Immortality 14 (4 minutes) [28]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Equipment:
"Body Armour" Protection +2 (2)
"Lightning Gun" Blast 8 (16) -- (18)
  • AE: "Stun Setting" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (16)
  • AE: "Sword" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 5) (9)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sword +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Lightning Gun +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Stun Setting +12 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5 (+7 Armour), Fortitude +6, Will +9

Complications:
Responsibility ("Tired")- Macbeth has been alive for centuries, and has grown tired and miserable from the boredom, strain and effort. He hunts Demona in part to end his own existence.
Responsibility (Honor)- Macbeth knows how far he has fallen in life, and dislikes it in a way. He has more honor than most villains, choosing to not attack the Gargoyles in their Stone Sleep, letting them leave his castle freely after discovering that Merlin's Scrolls are useless to him, and more. It is this good quality that leads him to find love once again (though next time, he'll get a good look at her at night), then turn to the side of the angels after helping out King Arthur.
Power Loss (Pact)- If One Lives... Both Shall Live. However, if Demona is the one who slays Macbeth, he will stay dead (and he will have his revenge). Due to their pact, Macbeth will be afflicted with whichever conditions Demona is (it is unknown as to how far this reaches, though Weisman has suggested that distance weakens the effect, as he was irked when the writers had it happen when they were in separate rooms).
Enemy (Demona)- Demona betrayed him centuries ago after assuming the worst about his plans- this led to the destruction of Macbeth's kingdom, and the death of his son. He is now Demona's most implacable enemy, and he has hunted her for a dozen lifetimes. He even wears the mask of the man who murdered his own father in order to gain a psychological edge.

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 54 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 15 (217)

-Macbeth is part of the Triad of Awesome that Gargoyles had for its villains. In his debut, he's basically just some weirdo who kidnaps the Gargoyles and puts them through some Deathtraps, but we get hints of something more- "You KNOW Demona?" "KNOW her? I NAMED her!" He'd go on to become a recurring menace, using high-tech gear, electro-blasters (the most common weapon in the GargVerse aside from "laser blasters hidden in the forearm") and flying platforms to fight the team, rather than trickery (Xanatos) or magic... and trickery (Demona).

-A smart, savvy older gentleman, Macbeth later revealed the patented "Secret, long backstory" of other Gargoyles villains, but kind of took it to a different level. And by "kind of" I mean "more backstory than any other character in fiction, ever". Well maybe not LITERALLY, but hell, an entire ARC just focused on him growing up in ancient Scotland (as the fabled... but also quite real... Scottish King known as "Macbeth" in Shakespeare's work), allied with Demona (who had only now begun to trust humans again), and their eventual break and fall, when she thinks he's about to betray her (he probably wasn't). Now, consumed by a mix of vengeance and desire to end his long, immortal life, the poor guy ends up being the most sympathetic of the Triad of Awesome. He gets extra points for being too honorable to smash up the Gargoyles when they're in their stone sleep- he's practically disgusted at the idea of being so un-sporting.

-Macbeth is a PL 10 in a world of PL 8s & 9s, in that he shows a FREAKISH amoung of combat skill. The dude straight-up battles GOLIATH on a frequent basis, and has been shown to beat the hell out of the entire Manhattan Clan at once with his elite gadgets. It seems to pack quite a wallop, as I recall it taking down Goliath himself more than a couple times. He has all kinds of tech at his fingertips (though I don't think he's quite the inventor of most of it), and his sheer longevity means he has a great amount of Mental Stats as well- boosting his minor Skills to quite high levels. He's not QUITE a God of combat, but he can hold his own against any of the Gargoyles with just his sword if he needs to, and with his weapons (and potential Minions from his Wealth) he can threaten the entire group simultaneously. He's also big enough that experienced cops know better than to cuff him with the hands in FRONT of him.

-For his Powers, I kind of had to do a standard Resurrection on him, with the necessary "choose something that stops it" being Demona doing the damage. If Macbeth dies in combat, he basically gets right back up in a minute or two with zero damage. But, as a side effect, he has a Drawback that means he feels whatever pain Demona feels, up to and including if he himself does it.
bsdigitalq

Re: Jab's Builds! (Xanatos! Owen! Coldstone! Demona! Thailog! Macbeth!)

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:32 pmelectro-blasters (the most common weapon in the GargVerse aside from "laser blasters hidden in the forearm")
Don't forget the dart guns. While watching the series, it became increasingly hilarious to me just how ubiquitous dart guns were as a weapon for the Gargoyles' opponents.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Xanatos! Owen! Coldstone! Demona! Thailog! Macbeth!)

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:10 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:32 pmelectro-blasters (the most common weapon in the GargVerse aside from "laser blasters hidden in the forearm")
Don't forget the dart guns. While watching the series, it became increasingly hilarious to me just how ubiquitous dart guns were as a weapon for the Gargoyles' opponents.
I remember one from the opening Five-Parter, but not many after that.

It is a funny illustration at how anything involving "Affliction" actually works BETTER than anything involving damage in fictional media- M&M always struggles with that. I guess the best way to pull it off is endless "You fail- take a hero point" stuff from the GM. Because Darts, Gas, etc. ALWAYS WORKS.