Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

White Avenger

Post by Jabroniville »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- a WHITE SUPREMACIST Superman?? Now THAT is how you make fun of the competition!

WHITE AVENGER (Dieter Steinhauer)
Created By:
Peter B. Gillis & Denys Cowan
First Appearance: The Black Panther #2 (Aug. 1988)
Role: Racist Super-Villain, Flying Brick Lite
Group Affiliations: The Supremacists
PL 7 (78)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 1 (+1)
Expertise (Soldier) 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Startle

Powers:
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
"Hyper-Vision" Senses 2 (Extended & Infravision) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Azanian Agent)
Prejudice (Black People)- South African stand-ins like The Supremacists typically don't prefer those of darker hue.
Responsibility (Headstrong)- White Avenger tends to over-estimate his abilities, and fly in without a battle plan.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 7 (78)

-A hilariously-goofy concept, White Avenger is basically a racist Superman with a "WA" chest logo. He's a Flying Brick of indeterminate power who flew at The Black Panther while he was holding a Power-Thief, and ended up getting de-powered because of it. I can't imagine he was much good in a fight, and he was never seen after this one battle (both he & Barricade were seen on the cover of their Night Thrasher appearance, but weren't IN the issue, implying they were no longer on the team).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 09, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Hungyr

Post by Jabroniville »

There's plain-ass costumes, and then there's THIS.

HUNGYR (Frank Baer)
Created By:
Peter B. Gillis & Denys Cowan
First Appearance: The Black Panther #2 (Aug. 1988)
Role: Racist Super-Villain, Power Thief
Group Affiliations: The Supremacists
PL 8 (141)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 1 (+2)
Expertise (Soldier) 1 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab

Powers:
"Power Copying"
Variable 10 (Mimicked Powers) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Continuous is Uncontrolled & Has Side-Effect: Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated Afflictions) [75]
Affliction 10 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Continuous +3) (Flaws: Continuous is Uncontrolled) [25]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Power Thief +6 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Azanian Agent)
Prejudice (Black People)- South African stand-ins like The Supremacists typically don't prefer those of darker hue.
Responsibility (Headstrong)- White Avenger tends to over-estimate his abilities, and fly in without a battle plan.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 100 / Defenses: 7 (141)

-Hungyr is a Power-Thief, which would come in handier if one of his opponents wasn't Night Thrasher. When he fought Black Panther, he was pretty much just tied up and then tossed into his buddies, inadvertently stealing their powers (it's believed this was a permanent effect, since neither reappeared). When next seen, he was STILL struggling with the excess energies inside of him, as they threatened to tear him apart- he was in agony and constantly shifting in size (part of his Flaws up there includes this). When he tried to copy Thrash's powers... Thrash just stood there, then punched him out.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 09, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Man-Ape

Post by Jabroniville »

When you have a GREAT ARTIST and the character STILL looks like a huge piece of crap, it's time to update his look.

THE MAN-APE (M'Baku)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & John Buscema
First Appearance: The Avengers #62 (March 1969)
Role: Crappy Arch-Nemesis (For T'Challa)
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil, The Lethal Legion, The White Gorilla Cult
PL 9 (134)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Wakandan Leader) 7 (+9)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+7)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Tracking

Powers:
"Powers of the White Gorilla"
"Ape Arms" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Reach) [1]
Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Spear +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- M'Baku desires the Throne of Wakanda.
Hatred (Technology)- As ruler, M'Baku would take away all of Wakanda's high technology, and return them to a more primitive culture.
Enemy (The Black Panther)

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 9 (134)

-HahahahahaWHAT? They took King T'Challa of Wakanda, the super-awesome Black Panther, and gave him THIS GUY as a recurring nemesis? LOOK AT THIS IDIOT! I don't care if he has the greatest backstory, the awesomest powers, the gnarliest concept ever- HE LOOKS LIKE A MORON. A huge black guy in a cheap, dime store fuzzy gorilla suit? How ridiculous. Even when GOOD artists handle him, he still looks like a big children's birthday party host. Never mind that calling a black man "The Man-Ape" would never fly if he was created today.

-M'Baku is a fellow Wakandan, but part of a different tribe, the White Gorilla Cult, than T'Challa's Panther tribe. He sacrificed and ate the meat of a white gorilla to gain his Spidey-level powers, but is thought-dead after a Panther Totem falls on him during a brawl with the Panther. He's recruited into the original Lethal Legion by the Grim Reaper, as T'Challa is now on The Avengers and this is the easiest way to target him. He captures the Panther and his girlfriend Monica Lynne, but is beaten by Captain America in the final battle. He joins a new Lethal Legion, but quits when the Reaper's racism goes too far.

-The Man-Ape thus vanishes for years (Don McGregor completely ignores him for his Jungle Action stories), but reappears to join the Crimson Cowl's massive "Masters of Evil" army in Thunderbolts, where the character is treated as a pathetic loser, running off to rant about how awesome he is before the T-Bolts cold-cock him and take his costume to do the "Disguised Henchman" trick.

-His subsequent appearances are classic "We Don't Care About Villains" later-era Marvel stuff- he gets invited to T'Challa's wedding to Storm (!!), teams with Grim Reaper & Saboteur in Heroes For Hire, and is then slain by Morlun when the villain goes about trying to kill "Totem" characters. He is, of course, inexplicably seen alive in a later book, joining Purple Man's Villains For Hire.

-Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes actually does a pretty solid update of the dude's look, taking away the fuzzy suit and making him an impossibly-tall huge MFer with a Gorilla PELT, thus making him look like something out of Conan The Barbarian. A MUCH better look overall, and his sheer size made him a believable bad-ass. 

-The Man-Ape has fought and nearly-beaten T'Challa a few times, so he's APPARENTLY a good fighter and a bad-ass, but MAN what an unfortunate concept. I stuck him at PL 9, as his best days are behind him, and he's never really beaten any of the characters he fights- he's just kind of a "Filler Background Villain". Still, he's super-strong (Spidey-level), a great fighter, and a phenomenal grappler for his power level, so he won't go down easy to guys like T'Challa (especially since he's so much stronger).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 09, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yojimbo

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gogo! O-Ren Ishii! Elle Driver! Bill! Pai Mei! The Black Panther!)

Post by Yojimbo »

Ares wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 am Was Kilmonger the guy in Priests run who at some point was drawn like he was a Jack Kirby character? I remember seeing that and not knowing what the Hell was going on.
No, that was T'Challa, or "Happy Pants Panther" as he was affectionately known at the time, created somehow by Solomon's Frog.

And Jab, you keep saying "added later by Jack Kirby" in reference to the heart-shaped herb as if Kirby wasn't co-creator of the character.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bill! Pai Mei! The Black Panther! Killmonger! The Supremacists!)

Post by catsi563 »

I actually like that look it makes him look like an actual gorilla and combined with his natural size and muscle hes a beast.

his original look was mostly forgettable half gorilla top loin cloth with fuzzy leggings bottom.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gogo! O-Ren Ishii! Elle Driver! Bill! Pai Mei! The Black Panther!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yojimbo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 am
Ares wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:17 am Was Kilmonger the guy in Priests run who at some point was drawn like he was a Jack Kirby character? I remember seeing that and not knowing what the Hell was going on.
No, that was T'Challa, or "Happy Pants Panther" as he was affectionately known at the time, created somehow by Solomon's Frog.

And Jab, you keep saying "added later by Jack Kirby" in reference to the heart-shaped herb as if Kirby wasn't co-creator of the character.
Yeah, I just find it weird, because it was some time after the character debuted. Granted, Stan introduced a TON of stuff to Norrin Radd, but that character was more of a blank slate.
Jabroniville

enjoy this one, bsdigitalq

Post by Jabroniville »

... Perfection.

MADAME SLAY (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Don McGregor & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Jungle Action #18 (Nov. 1975)
Role: Miss Fanservice
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Athletics 7 (+8)
Deception 4 (+8, +10 Attractive)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+10)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 8 (+12)
Insight 4 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages: 
Attractive, Equipment 1 (Spiked Gauntlets +1- Split), Daze (Deception), Fascination (Deception)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Spiked Gauntlets +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (The Black Panther)- The Dora Milaje are devoted to protecting the King.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (99)

-0_0 ~~~!!! How did THIS character escape my notice for so long?

-Appearing to suit the "Sexy African Jungle Queen" fetish archetype, Madame Slay wears a leopard-print outfit, lives among leopards, and inexplicably has a unicorn-like horn on her metal tiara. She greatly resembles Queen La of the Tarzan mythos (I only know the character because of the Disney cartoon series). She is the lover of Erik Killmonger, but was absent for his death- she located his corpse, preserving it with special herbs (and spices?), then lured T'Challa, Killmonger's slayer, to her lair, at which point she... chained him to a pair of leopards, sending them running. This seemingly... sure-fire way to kill the Black Panther (I GUESS...) backfired when he broke the animals, riding them back to her lair. She stabbed him in the back while he faced a henchman of hers, but an ally of his dropped her.

-When Killmonger was resurrected by The Mandarin, she allied with him and captured James Rhodes (seducing and drugging him). The Panther won the day by faking his own death, and Killmonger soon died once more. She has not reappeared since this, apparently being broken by this death (though Killmonger has returned a few more times).

-Madam Slay isn't much of a physical threat (getting by more on trickery and sneak attacks), but given that the commands an ARMY OF LEOPARDS, this isn't so much of a problem. Black Panther, especially back in the '70s, was not the type of hero who can just shrug off the threat of deadly Big Cats. She also frequently used a minion named Mute, a voiceless, ENORMOUS guy with a giant scimitar- I presume this guy to be AT LEAST PL 8. I can't imagine what stats he'd have other than Fighting-related ones, but he'd be ST 5, STA 5, FIGHTING 8, with a +3 Sword.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 09, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Re: enjoy this one, bsdigitalq

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am ImageImage
She also frequently used a minion named Mute, a voiceless, ENORMOUS guy with a giant scimitar
And by "giant scimitar" you mean... that sword he wields for her.

Hey, she says he's a suitable companion to keep her from feeling lonely after the death of her lover. And if he's "ENORMOUS"....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Already did. ;)

Hey, I like chocolate and I cannot lie.
Jabroniville

Junta

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

JUNTA (Manuel Diego Armand Vincente, aka Danny Vincent)
Created By:
Christopher Priest & Dan Fraga
First Appearance: Black Panther #9
Role: Mercenary, Secret Police
Group Affiliations: The Crew, The C.I.A., The Defenders
PL 9 (157)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise (Espionage/Secret Police) 6 (+9)
Expertise (Mercenary) 3 (+6)
Insight 2 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+6)
Perception 3 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Rifle, Spy Gear), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Living Gravity Well"
"Nausea-Inducing Touch" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Reaction +3) [32]

"Special Belt" (Flaws: Removable) [22]
"Synchronizes the World Around Him"
Enhanced Defenses 3 (6)
"Phasing" Insubstantial 4 (20) -- (21)
  • AE: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling, Slow Fall) (4)
-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Nausea Touch +10 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Rifle +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (+14 Belt, DC 21-24), Parry +10 (+14 Belt, DC 21-24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Junta is a mercenary and works for multiple agencies.
Involuntary Transformation (Black Hole)- Without his belt, Junta would form a black hole, killing him and dragging everything around him for at least a mile into it.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 9 (157)

-Junta was a Christopher Priest original for his Black Panther run- a nasty sort who was a combination of CIA Agent and Secret Police operator, working both in the U.S. and his native fictional Cuba-esque foreign country. He was hired to destabilize Wakanda and a neighboring country via setting off ethnic genocide in "Ghudaza". Things go south, and he ends up teaming with T'Challa to fight a dark shadowy group, using the President of the United States (whom he'd dragged along with him) as an excuse for the Panther to get involved. Now excommunicated by every spy agency of note, he became a freelance mercenary and fights with The Crew in New York, helping out Kasper Cole and even getting War Machine's assistance. He ultimately gives up a mission that could earn his "street cred" back, in order to do the right thing. Alas, The Crew was cancelled, and Junta disappeared without his creator (Priest) to guide him.

-Junta's powers are... odd. He's a living Gravity Well that can bend attacks around him and nauseate anyone who touches him... plus a Mercenary/Secret Police type.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 09, 2022 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bill! Pai Mei! The Black Panther! Killmonger! The Supremacists!)

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:05 am I actually like that look it makes him look like an actual gorilla and combined with his natural size and muscle hes a beast.

his original look was mostly forgettable half gorilla top loin cloth with fuzzy leggings bottom.
I dunno man, I've seen Mark Bagley, Mark Texiera and even some good artists NOT named Mark deal with the character, and the big fuzzy pelt always makes him look odd to me.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:55 am Already did. ;)

Oh man, I absolutely do, too. That's why it's such a shame that Marvel's so light on black villains- villains always wear the best costumes :). Imagine a black equivalent to Emma Frost or Selene! Or THUNDRA- aw crap, there goes another keyboard.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am ImageImage

now when did Mellifera become a comic character, Jab?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 am

Oh man, I absolutely do, too. That's why it's such a shame that Marvel's so light on black villains- villains always wear the best costumes :). Imagine a black equivalent to Emma Frost....

what would you say if I told you that once Emma Frost switched bodies with Storm....and then in Storm's body started prancing around in Emma's classic White Queen outfit?
Shock

Post by Shock »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:44 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 am

Oh man, I absolutely do, too. That's why it's such a shame that Marvel's so light on black villains- villains always wear the best costumes :). Imagine a black equivalent to Emma Frost....

what would you say if I told you that once Emma Frost switched bodies with Storm....and then in Storm's body started prancing around in Emma's classic White Queen outfit?
Pics or it didn't happen :lol: