Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bulletproof! Tether Tyrant! Brit! Viltrumites!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Thank God it's not just me. I've been trying to design a BBW heroine, but as glorious as they are, they tend not too look as great in tights.
Jabroniville

D.A. Sinclair

Post by Jabroniville »

D.A. SINCLAIR
Role:
Mad Scientist

-Sinclair was an early "gets a lot of backstory; dealt with in one issue" villain, working on slain homeless people be transforming them into "Reanimen"- monsters whose trademark was actually COMMITTING SUICIDE in mid-battle because they hated what they'd become so much. Sinclair finally realized an alternative- working on LIVING people. Thus, he kidnapped Mark & William's college buddy Rick Sheridan, turning him into a living Reaniman. After many months of Mark not really helping out, William finally convinced him to lure Sinclair out in the open, and when Mark discovered Rick's mutilated form, he snapped, nearly killing Sinclair by detonating his jaw with a punch. His hand was stayed by Cecil, and Mark was grateful. 

-Which only added to his betrayal later when he saw that Sinclair was never even PUNISHED- Cecil, impressed with Sinclair's work, had decided to put him to work for the government instead- building Reanimen under Cecil's own control. This led to Mark assaulting Cecil and quitting, despite Sinclair's apparent reformation. Many issues later, Sinclair apologized to Mark and announced his impending fatherhood and nuptuals, with an uncomfortable Mark semi-congratulating him- Sinclair would later join the rebellion against Robot.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:35 pm So, I hearing correctly that this is a guilty pleasure series? Utter poo, but fun poo?
It's one of the best superhero runs ever, which is why the flaws can be so irksome. Some of the finest world-building ever.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:00 am Thank God it's not just me. I've been trying to design a BBW heroine, but as glorious as they are, they tend not too look as great in tights.
I was always partial to Eve before her "self improvement" after her first near death experience.
Though I did laugh when she decided to modify herself because... who wouldn't?

As for clothing, some stuff is more flattering than others depending on your body-shape.
The fitness model is going to look good in the skin tight clothing, but she's probably not going to look as good in a slinky dress that's designed to show off curves.
However the BBW might not look good in the tights, but would probably rock that slinky dress.

To take a potshot at myself, I'm going going to look impressive in skintight shirt, or tank top.
But I can make a well cut suit look pretty darn good.

Sometimes it's just better to acknowledge your strengths and emphasis those.
Jabroniville

Reanimen

Post by Jabroniville »

THE REANIMEN
Role:
Elite Mooks
PL 8 (57)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Perception 4 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Teamwork

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]
Leaping 4 (120 feet) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will --

Complications: 
None

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 41 / Defenses: 7 (57)

-The Reanimen are a recurring subplot in Invincible, being a large number of high-powered Cyber-Zombies created by an evil college scientist, D.A. Sinclair. Mark & his friend William's buddy Rick Sheridan (no relation to Sleepwalker... and seriously, that is one OBSCURE reference for a gag name) ends up being the first LIVING Reaniman, much to everyone's horror, though this being Kirkman writing, it takes like TWELVE ISSUES or something for them to finally realize what happened to their vanished friend (in the high octane world of Invincible, new threats and fights arise daily), and he gets turned back... kinda. Rick ends up stuck with mechanical parts in a human-like body, which brings him additional stress. The Reanimen project ends up being renewed by Cecil Stedman and his Dark Government Faction, and were used to assault Mark en-masse when he turns on Cecil once and for all. They show up a few more times in background scenes as well, but largely don't matter to the plot again, even when Sinclair is creating some out of the Evil INVINCIBLES!

-Reanimen are quite potent, but no match for Mark. The PL 10-ish Mark can only barely hold his own against a trio of them, however, and PL 12-ish Mark is still endangered by the huge group of them in Cecil's employ- it's implied that if he doesn't escape, he will lose in the end.

-Reanimen are among the most powerful Minions around, being PL 8 monsters who are powerful and immune to all but high-strength attacks. Invincible and similarly-powered guys can make mincemeat out of them in groups, but there are often twenty or THIRTY of the guys around, which can dogpile quickly. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:39 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:00 am Thank God it's not just me. I've been trying to design a BBW heroine, but as glorious as they are, they tend not too look as great in tights.
I was always partial to Eve before her "self improvement" after her first near death experience.
Though I did laugh when she decided to modify herself because... who wouldn't?

As for clothing, some stuff is more flattering than others depending on your body-shape.
The fitness model is going to look good in the skin tight clothing, but she's probably not going to look as good in a slinky dress that's designed to show off curves.
However the BBW might not look good in the tights, but would probably rock that slinky dress.

To take a potshot at myself, I'm going going to look impressive in skintight shirt, or tank top.
But I can make a well cut suit look pretty darn good.

Sometimes it's just better to acknowledge your strengths and emphasis those.
Yeah, it just produces issues when you try to draw a super-heroine, because the slinky dresses a BBW would look good in don't really feel "super-hero"-y enough. A good medium is what the character Faith wears in her book (she's a good example of the weirdness of drawing that body type, however, as her proportions and weight level seems to fluctuate from image to image. Consistency is HARD).
Jabroniville

Shapesmith

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImageImage

SHAPESMITH (aka Rus Livingston)
Role:
Shapeshifter, Odd Alien
PL 9 (138)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Vehicles 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Morph 4 (Any Form) [20]
Shapeshift 5 [40]
Regeneration 2 (Flaws: Disabled- If "Central Area" is Destroyed) [1]

(Common Powers: Elongation, Protection +3)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Reputation (Flaky)- Shapesmith doesn't really "get" people. He can't figure out why Outrun was mad at him for sleeping with her while she was under mind-control.
Enemy (Martian People, The Sequids)- Shapesmith is an arch-nemesis of his fellow Martians, since his freeing the Sequids allowed them to take over Mars.
Relationship (The Immortal)- Shapesmith is said to "Hero-Worship" the Immortal.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 12 (138)

-Shapesmith's a minor Invincible character, being a member of the same race as the Expy for Martian Manhunter from the Global Guardians team. He showed up impersonating an American astronaut on Mars, using one of them to "free" the Sequids the Martians had enslaved- this turned out to be a huge mistake, as this host allowed the evil Sequids to take over Mars, and threaten the Earth. "We should have left these beings as slaves" is an odd lesson for a comic book to teach, I must say.

-In any case, once on Earth, Shapesmith quickly joined the Guardians after showing his abilities to The Immortal and the others. Since then, he's basically been portrayed as a goofy-ass, quirky character who doesn't get humans at all, and usually gets to survive all the bloody battles. It's a bit odd that the Martians are rarely ever brought up, given how much focus is placed on OTHER aliens- especially since the Martians have some EXTREMELY powerful weaponry on their planet. I mean, Cecil spends all this time worried about Viltrumites, when THESE GUYS are right next door? They literally never matter again!

-Shapesmith didn't get much play after his origin- there's just some bits here and there about how odd he is (he doesn't pay Art the Tailor for designing his costume, because he can just TAKE that form himself). Cecil doesn't even punish him for leaving a "Goddamn AMERICAN CITIZEN on MARS??" like it's implied he will- he just joins the Guardians and that's it. Once the Martian conflict is over, he's never used for anything other than a gag again. Shapesmith is one of the superheroes murdered in Robot's takeover of the Earth- we don't even see how the fight went! He's just seen in a bloody green pile, weeping "but... but... I thought we were FRIENDS." A Robot Drone grabs the special green spot that needs to be intact for a Martian to survive... and just SQUISHES it ("We were... it's nothing personal. I'm sorry.") Another side character slaughtered.

-Shapesmith is a pretty powerful shapeshifter, able to take damage, boost his strength, attain various forms, and has been shown as very quick and always at the forefront of many battles. The upper limits of his powers are mostly unknown, but since his Martian predecessor had his brains blown out by Omni-Man in about two seconds, they're likely not THAT tough. It's said that if a certain central spot on their bodies is unharmed, they can come back from almost anything- Kirkman had to write himself out of a whole when a fan asked WHY his Martian predecessor had died from a single shot when Shapesmith survived near-dismemberment ("Oh! That Evil Invincible didn't hit that area, while Omni-Man DID!").
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Space Racer

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

THE SPACE RACER
Role:
Forgettable "Important" Character

-Talk about a guy who never really hit as big as he seemed like he should have. The Space Racer was teased VERY early on- Nolan urges Mark to "Read my BOOKS!", as they contained many secret elements that could turn the tide should war come against the Viltrumites. Various things that were lethal to Viltrumites, such as certain chemicals, the Ragnar monsters, and the gun of the Space Racer. One of the Invincible TPBs contains sketches of the panel that introduces him, with Kirkman saying that he made Ottley redraw it several times, because Space Racer was "supposed to be very important" and needed to look very good in his debut.

-This becomes hilarious when you realize that he has all of thirty panels of appearances combined, I bet. Dude was rescued by Allen & Nolan (who assumed the Racer was dead, having buried him under rubble for centuries), threatened them, but ultimately went to their side. Then he appears for The Viltrumite War, toting Ragnar and his gun, one-shotting a few rank & file Viltrumite Mooks. That's all he does in the fight, until Thaedus orders him to fire his gun at Viltrum itself- his blast weakens the planet's surface enough that three Viltrumites are able to fly through it, blowing the planet to pieces. Space Racer does not reappear in a significant role- he's seen spying on Thragg, and fighting for the Coalition in the Final Issue.

-Honestly, he looks kind of silly, and not at all like a bad-ass. A three-eyed dude with a bubble helmet and hands for feet? THAT was supposed to be this wicked-awesome character we were all supposed to like? You could practically feel that Kirkman just didn't care after that point, and wrote him as a backgrounder.

-Space Racer can apparently live endlessly in outer space- for decades, I guess. Maybe because of his helmet or something, but he was buried there for YEARS. His Blaster is so powerful that it can one-shot the rank & file Viltrumites, and punch a hole in a planetary surface- I would guess it's at LEAST Blast 18, with a ton of "Extended Range" on it, to justify an interstellar shot managing to reach through to a planet's atmosphere and mantle. Probably Penetrating damage as well. Sadly, we never saw it hit a character of any importance- it's basically the Silver Samurai of guns.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:13 am Yeah, it just produces issues when you try to draw a super-heroine, because the slinky dresses a BBW would look good in don't really feel "super-hero"-y enough. A good medium is what the character Faith wears in her book (she's a good example of the weirdness of drawing that body type, however, as her proportions and weight level seems to fluctuate from image to image. Consistency is HARD).
I'll have to take your word for it. I have no idea who Faith is, and my ability to draw is non-existent ;~)
I mostly get to look at art with a large amount of envy.

As for the cloathing... well, the slinky dress really only works for one kind of theme for a superhero type. Throw in some opera gloves and a fancy domino mask like you'd see in a "rich person masquerade ball" in a movie and you've got an okay getup. Kind of requires that the user is focused on some kind of ranged powers that don't need a lot of moving around.

For a more heroic approach I'd suggest looking at Wonder Woman and Black Canary. The one piece bustier thing works pretty good. It allows you to showcase the chest and the hips while covering up the torso and giving a little definition. The fun part is that if you're uncomfortable showing off too much skin it's easy to have the costume come up higher and to have them wearing tights.

Actually even that newer outfit that they tried to push for Wonder Woman would be a good fit. The one with the pants and jacket.
It didn't work for Wonder Woman because they're messing with a classic look, but it could work for a new character.

But it's just my take on it. As I know nothing about fashion it might be best to ignore me ;~)
Jabroniville

Thaedus

Post by Jabroniville »

GREAT THAEDUS
Role:
Leader of The Resistance
PL 12 (171)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Intergalactic Politics) 8 (+13)
Insight 3 (+8)
Perception 3 (+8)
Persuasion 5 (+9)
Technology 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Viltrumite Physiology"
"Flying Brick"
Flight 10 (2,000 mph) [20]
"That Super-Speed Stuff They Eventually Started Ignoring" Quickness 2 [2]

"Flies In Space"
Immunity 3 (Heat, Cold, Pressure) [3]
Movement 1 (Space Travel) [2]

"Hard To Kill"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Suffocation, Radiation, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Regeneration 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +13, Fortitude +13, Will +8

Complications: 
Responsibility (Leader of the Coalition of Planets)- The Coalition are the only force in the galaxy that can stand up to the Viltrumites.
Secret (Viltrumite)- Thaedus appears to simply be a bearded old man, but his beard hides the mustache of a Viltrumite. Most members of the Coalition of Planets would be terrified to know one of them was in their midst.
Enemy (The Viltrumite Empire)- Thaedus believes that his people are evil, and must be destroyed. He has committed mass genocide against the Viltrumites, forging a Scourge Virus that has killed billions. He instructs Allen to finish the job if he is able, no matter the cost.
Responsibility (Viltrumite Rage)- All Viltrumites get angry very quickly, and restraining themselves in times of anger is extremely difficult.
Weakness (High-Level Sonics)- Viltrumites require inner-ear stability in order to fly, and can be incapacitated by certain degrees of sonic pulses.
Quirk (Must Wear a Mustache)- All adult male Viltrumites wear mustaches. This is so common that Thaedus TEARS OFF HIS BEARD to reveal himself as a Viltrumite.

Total: Abilities: 106 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 9 (171)

-Thaedus appears as a Gandalf-like Wise Old Mentor figure, being the leader of the Coalition of Planets, and the boss of Allen the Alien. However, when he learns of the existence of a betrayer to the Viltrumite Empire, Thaedus lets Allen in on his secret- he IS a Viltrumite. This hilariously gets revealed by him pulling off his beard, revealing a mustached face- one of the funniest bits in the series. Thaedus doesn't interact much with the other characters (just bits here and there with Nolan, Mark and Tech-Jacket), but provides the leadership that the Coalition needs, and gives us some exposition, such as the origins of the Scourge Virus (it's based off of Thaedus's own DNA), and why Viltrumites are the way that they are- he contains his own fury, but acknowledges that it still exists within him, and compliments Nolan for keeping his temper.

-Thaedus leads the war against the Viltrumites from the front lines, driving forward with the other Flying Bricks, Battle Beast and Tech-Jacket- he holds his own during the fist-fighting, but doesn't make much of a personal dent. However, he realizes an opening has been made, and sets off his trap- he anticipated the Viltrumites returning to their homeworld to stage a counter-offensive, and set it up that the heroes could DESTROY VILTRUM ITSELF- Thaedus, Mark & Nolan flying through a hole created by the Space Racer's gun, setting off a volcanic eruption that annihilated the entire planet. This was the huge mental and morale blow to the Viltrumites that was necessary to send them into retreat- their very home and culture was thus destroyed.

-Thaedus, however, was not rewarded for his war-ending ideas. Enraged, Grand Regent Thragg simply flew up, grabbed Thaedus by the head, then ripped it off his body. Something not even a Viltrumite could return from- Thaedus had died with Viltrum, leaving Allen in charge of the Coalition of Planets. It's later revealed that Thaedus himself slew Argall- the Emperor of Viltrum, and Nolan's father. Curiously, we only see a living Argall once, in the final issue, and it's just a shot of him being stabbed in the head.

-Thaedus is effectively a PL 12 Viltrumite- able to draw even with most of them, but age and years behind a desk have left him no better than the rank and file. Though he's fairly hard to assess- he doesn't do any WORSE than most of his partners, and the man who executed him easily one-punched OMNI-MAN moments later.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Wolf-Man

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

WOLF-MAN (Gary Hampton)
Role:
Heroic Werewolf
PL 10 (131)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+11)
Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 2 (+12)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Business) 8 (+10)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 2 [2]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Claws +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +7

Complications: 
Involuntary Transformation (Human Form)- Gary's Human Form is ST 1, STA 2, AGI 2, FIGHTING 4. He requires his costume to absorb moonlight so that he does not automatically transform back into a human by day.
Responsibiltiy (Fugitive)- It is believed that Gary killed his own wife.
Relationship (Chloe- Daughter)
Rivalry (Nathan Singleton)- Nathan is Gary's rival in business, and is also in love with Gary's late wife, with whom he'd had a long affair.
Enemy (Zechariah)- A vampire who was Gary's first ally and mentor- he later killed Gary's wife Rebecca in a fit of rage.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 14 (131)

-Wolf-Man appears frequently in Invincible-related books, largely because The Astounding Wolf-Man was another Kirkman project- one that didn't do as well as his main ones. So of course, there was a Cross-Over once (which some fans were QUITE annoyed by, judging by the letter page), with a TON of really clumsy exposition (I mean, much worse than Kirkman's usual exposition-heavy dialogue) explaining the character's motivation, his backstory, his relationships, and more. He's a werewolf whose mentor slew his wife, leading to Gary himself being hunted by the law (they mistake him for the killer). Invincible was sent after him, but believed his side of the story and tried to get the charges dropped- it didn't work, and so Invincible had to run from Cecil and his group AGAIN.

-He pops up in Invincible Universe occasionally helping out, and leading a group of Good-Guy Werewolves (The Wolf Corps). Personally, I didn't care much for the character, though they did a solid job at making a werewolf look "super-heroic" by giving him some armor and pants.

-Wolf-Man is a solid PL 10 Regenerating Scrapper super-hero.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Giant

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GIANT (Real Name Unknown)
Role:
Super-Powered Child
PL 11 (78)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidatoin 8 (+7, +13 Size)

Advantages:
Startle

Powers:
"Huge Size" Growth 12 (Str & Sta +12, +12 Mass, +6 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (60 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +15, Fortitude +15, Will +2

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)- The Giant debuted wishing to be made President of the United States.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 21 (78)

-The Giant has shown up a few times so far, generally with the gimmick of an eight-year old boy who is now a monstrous super-heavyweight, demanding to be made President of the United States by virtue of his awesomeness. A funny little gag, in addition to being a pretty powerful guy for Mark to go against. Not that the fights ever last long- Giants are pretty easy to hit, and Earth has a handful of really strong defenders.

-The Giant's remarkably strong and tough, but has little else going for him. That'll happen when you're depicted as having the mind of a child.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Evil Invincibles

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

INVINCIBLE (Mark Grayson)- EVIL ALTERNATE VERSIONS
Role:
Evil Parallel Universe Versions, Flying Bricks
PL 12 (160)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+4)
Persuasion 6 (+9)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Viltrumite Physiology"
"Flying Brick"

"Flies In Space"

"Hard To Kill"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Suffocation, Radiation, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Regeneration 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +13, Fortitude +13, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Responsibility (Viltrumite Rage)- All Viltrumites get angry very quickly, and restraining themselves in times of anger is extremely difficult.
Weakness (High-Level Sonics)- Viltrumites require inner-ear stability in order to fly, and can be incapacitated by certain degrees of sonic pulses.

Total: Abilities: 88 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 13 (160)

-The Invincible War was a "One-Issue Story Arc", an experiment by Kirkman & Ottley to tell a "Full Crossover" in the span of one issue, just taking out all of the filler. It was a series of quick panels showing snippets of the overall battle, as Angstrom Levy gathered over a dozen Evil Marks from various universes, and sent them against Earth. They killed thousands, demolished entire cities, and brought the entire superheroic community to their knees, killing a couple of heroes before many were stopped. Generally, it took an entire super-team to defeat one Invincible (Rex Splode hit a suicide attack on one, charging his SKELETON with explosive energy), or a major super-hero (like The Pitt), but many were left alive in the end.

-When Angstrom Levy gave them one order too many, the arrogant Invincibles turned on him, but he teleported them away. Trapped in a parallel universe, they resorted to cannibalism, leaving only two alive. A maddened Invincible was killed by the mohawked one when OUR Mark was teleported to the same place by Levy. The two then went to their own universe, where the mohawked one grabbed Levy (who had apparenty reformed), and stole away with him- Mark was later trapped in that world by Robot, and had to take the place of the mohawked one (whom Robot executed with a Viltrumite-specific weapon).

-These Evil Invincibles are meant to show the dangers of Mark and other Viltrumites when they go bad- Angstrom Levy later taunts Eve that a HUGE number of Marks turn evil, often because something bad happens to Eve herself, and they just snap. Others are raised by "proper" Viltrumites and thus grew into savages. A few of them indicated that they even killed their own mothers.

-PL 12 Flying Bricks all, these Evil Marks are about equal to the Mark found in Invincible at the time, but they're better at killing large groups (Takedown 2). Worse fighters, however- Mark is able to beat one or two of them single-handedly, despite seemingly being equal to them.

REANIMAN-INVINCIBLE (Mark Grayson)- EVIL ALTERNATE VERSIONS TURNED REANIMEN
Role:
Evil Parallel Universe Versions, Flying Bricks, Undead Monsters
PL 11 (105)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Perception 4 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack

Powers:
"Viltrumite Physiology"
"Flying Brick"

"Flies In Space"

"Hard To Kill"
Regeneration 5 [5]

"Reanimated Corpse"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 11 [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11, Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 4 (105)

-Introduced and given a LOT of hype, the Reanimen-Invincibles (built from the corpses of the dead Invincibles from The Invincible War) never actually matter to the overall plot. Cecil orders their construction following that conflict, realizing the dangers of Mark if he's left unchecked, but they become an under-utilized let-down, in story and out, as Cecil shuts down the activation of the group. Later, when Mark finds out about them, he doesn't freak out and choke Cecil like everyone suspected- he actually accepts it and points out the wisdom in such an action!

-Reanimated Invincible is a weaker version of the evil versions of Mark- the process slows them down and renders them a little more docile- Reanimen were never anything more than jobbers. They're still mightier than any regular superhero, though.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bulletproof! Brit! Viltrumites! Atom Eve!)

Post by Ares »

Of the Evil Invincibles, I always liked the outfit of the one in black with the cape. Was a solid design in my book.

One thing that always seemed kind of stupid was that whenever the Invincibles were stranded on that Earth, they always seemed to hang around the same general area. They never flew around the planet, explored other ruins, or even just left the planet to try and find other worlds. At that point, most of them should be like their dad where they have interstellar flight and can hold their breath for weeks. Some of them had to have at least a rough idea of where a Coalition or Viltrumite world were at.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bulletproof! Brit! Viltrumites! Atom Eve!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'm enjoying the Invinci-Builds so far. (But man, so many Flying Bricks..) Also, somehow, there's a Transformers vs. Visionaries comic, of all things! Like the Transformers vs GI Joe comics, I have no idea how they deal with the huge power level gap.