Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: Jab's Builds! (Allen! Anissa! Kregg! Best Tiger! Chupacabra! Thragg!)

Post by Bladewind »

And doesn't really change up his voice for different roles. Which is both cool and irritating. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Half-Viltrumites

Post by Jabroniville »

HALF-THRAXAN VILTRUMITES- ELITES
Role:
Expendable Army
PL 8 (81)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Viltrumite Physiology"
"Flying Brick"
Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]
"That Super-Speed Stuff They Eventually Started Ignoring" Quickness 2 [2]

"Flies In Space"
Immunity 3 (Heat, Cold, Pressure) [3]
Movement 1 (Space Travel) [2]

"Hard To Kill"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Suffocation, Radiation, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +0

Complications: 
Responsibility (Father- Grand Regent Thragg)- Thragg has birthed all of these children, and demands their utter loyalty.
Responsibility (Viltrumite Rage)- All Viltrumites get angry very quickly, and restraining themselves in times of anger is extremely difficult.
Weakness (High-Level Sonics)- Viltrumites require inner-ear stability in order to fly, and can be incapacitated by certain degrees of sonic pulses.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 6 (81)

-When Nolan foolishly allows Grand Regent Thragg to go free, Thragg promptly finds the homeworld of the Thraxans- Oliver's people. Since they breed weaker versions of Viltrumites, he humps thousands of Mantis-people, popping out hundreds of super-powered Flying Brick soldiers. Two in particular draw some attention- a girl and a boy. When they realize that Thragg cares nothing for them, and is perfectly willing to sacrifice them by the hundreds, they turn on him, adding another set of powerhouses to the new Viltrumite Empire upon realizing that Mark and Nolan are protective of their people.

-The exact Power Levels of these things vary- most are so weak that they can only bruise Mark by SUICIDE ATTACKS, literally throwing themselves into him at super-speed (Slam Attacks, basically). A few can cause some real damage. Ursaal and her brother are probably PL 9, though Ursaal is the kinder of the two (the other's a straight-up psychopathic killer). Most others are PL 5-7- even Atom Eve can throw down with droves of them, only being worn down by sheer numbers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Only two builds left- including the one everyone's probably been waiting for (I saved him till last for a reason :)). Finally done the Flying Bricks, too. Man, they're a bore to stat, but at least fun to talk about. Though I understand 20-ish days is a long time to spend on a comic series that most think peaked years ago, so sorry to anyone who's not a fan!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 am And doesn't really change up his voice for different roles. Which is both cool and irritating. :lol:
It's funny to hear Lex Luthor, dumb thugs, and Rapunzel's father all have the exact same tone and cadence :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:56 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:03 am Image

CLARE VOYANT (Real Name Unknown)
Are her eyes supposed to be wonky and not not line-up? Or did the artist forget to angle them?
Image That's better.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 amOnly two builds left- including the one everyone's probably been waiting for (I saved him till last for a reason :)).
No, you posted Allen last Friday. He was the one I was waiting for.

Unless you're going to show us more of the build for Telia....

And by "her build" I don't mean her game stats. ;)
Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Redeye

Post by Jabroniville »

REDEYE (Real Name Unknown)
Role:
Arch-Criminal
PL 12 (132)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Logger) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 8 (+12)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth), Connected, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Red Eyes" Blast 12 (Extras Perception-Ranged) [36]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Red Eyes -- (+12 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications: 
Reputation (Criminal)- Redeye is infamous in Brazil, and greatly feared. But he's executed enough people that he also has numerous enemies, should he ever become vulnerable.
Motivation (Greed)
Power Loss (Blasts)- Redeye's powers come from a being that's trapped within the Earth itself. If cut off from its power, he will lose his super-abilities.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 10 (132)

-Redeye started off as just one of Set's goons, and sported Darkseid-like red eye beams that moved around in straight lines until they hit his opponents. It turned out that he was a master criminal, ruling the drug trade of Rio de Janeiro with his powers- even while under arrest, he had a prison complex set up like a personal pleasure palace, and left freely (with politicians so in bed with him they could do nothing). Cecil, enraged over this turn of events, set up a "covert team" of Guardians to execute or extradite him. Redeye slaughtered a man who stole from him, then used his son as an errand boy (refusing to kill him- "We are not MONSTERS", he said), then managed to take out the team sent after him- Wolf-Man and Ms. Popper were badly injured.

-Slaying Mantis (a villain under a plea deal) escaped, teaming up with Best Tiger & Clare Voyant, at which point they discovered the source of Redeye's powers (an alien being, who gained power with each life Redeye cut short). Cutting him off from them, they inadvertently left him vulnerable to a horde of rioting people. No longer afraid of him now that he was powerfless, the mob grabbed on to him, eager for vengeance over their lost loved ones- Redeye was thus "dealt with" in a permanent fashion, likely torn apart by the mob.

-Redeye is exceptionally dangerous on offense (taking out most heroes in a single hit), but rather vulnerable physically. A big threat, but easy to take care of for large groups (so long as they don't mind taking some casualties).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

One thing I notice... Kirkman ain't so good at coming up with names. Most characters only ever go by their first name, and many of his superhero characters don't even have real names given! Outrun, Kaboomerang, Best Tiger and others are never given anything, Brit never has his full name given in Invincible, and most of the Viltrumites are given totally forgettable names- Lucan & Thula survive the full length of the series but have maybe 2-3 mentions of their names given (Lucan is not mentioned by name ONCE since the Thraxan invasion). Thragg has such a mediocre name that I actually forgot what it was and had to go look it up while planning these builds. And he's THE MAIN VILLAIN.

The "Mantis People" were also only named on-panel years after their introduction, and their homeworld was named once.
Jabroniville

The Walking Dread

Post by Jabroniville »

THE WALKING DREAD
Role:
Background Villain
-Just a gun whose name is a pun on Kirkman's more financially-successful property. He can talk, and looks very tough.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Battle Beast

Post by Jabroniville »

BATTLE BEAST (Thokk)
Role:
Battle-Seeker, Death-Seeker
PL 15 (201)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+7)
Expertise (Space Ruler) 8 (+12)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 9 (+13)
Perception 4 (+7)
Technology 3 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Last Stand (Ignores All Damage For 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Cat-Like Physiology"
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [5]
"Natural Weapons- Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 5) [7]
Leaping 4 (120 feet) [4]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

"Hard To Kill"
Regeneration 7 [7]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]

"Battle Beast's Weapons" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 6) (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Claws & Teeth +13 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Weapons +13 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +15, Fortitude +15, Will +9

Complications:
Obsession (Fighting)
Motivation (Ending His Life In Battle)- So addicted to battle is Battle Beast that he seeks his end through combat, finding worthier and worthier foes until he is finally slain.
Relationship (Thresha)- When she can make him bleed during sex, he declares that he is in love.

Total: Abilities: 112 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 17 (201)

-Haha- oh, Battle Beast. He appeared as a random super-villain in a randomly thrown-together minion army Machinehead used against Invincible & Titan. While Mark handed the four other guys (Furnace, Tether Tyrant, Magmaniac & Kursk) their asses, Battle Beast MESSED HIM UP, and followed it up by pretty much eating Black Samson and Bulletproof alive as well. With THAT kind of epic introduction, he casually spouted off that everyone on Earth was a giant pussy, and teleported away in disgust. Greatest debut EVER. A subsequent issue has showcased him helping out (as I predicted beforehand- I mean, you set up a guy who calls out everyone on Earth for sucking, and you ALSO have a planet of uber-gods in the same universe?) Allen the Alien & Omni-Man against the Viltrumites, and the guy who craves battle above all else is EXTREMELY excited to be fighting the legendary flying powerhouses. Naturally, his personality and bad-assitude make him overwhelmingly one of the most popular characters in the series almost immediately, and fans loved him. Wisely, the creators used him sparingly, keeping him looking impressive and making each appearance special.

-Battle Beast is formally recruited to the Viltrumite War, as we learn a bit more about him- the members of his race venerate him as a mighty warrior, but confess that he grew ADDICTED to battle- obsessed with it. He now searches the spaceways for worthy opponents, desperate for someone to not only fight him... but to KILL HIM. Battle Beast, above all, desires a glorious, honorable death. Despite the hype, he actually doesn't do much in the dramatic battle- too much else is going on, and he ends up tangling with Thula (the knife-haired one) and disappears. Unable to fly in space, his options are limited.

-However, in one of the great "awwwwwwwwwwww SHIT!" exciting moments of the series, Allen, the new leader of the Coalition of Planets, gives Battle Beast another mission- to hunt down and kill THRAGG, exiled Grand Regent of the Viltrumite Empire. Battle Beast, who'd just got done slaughtering some other aliens, grins a mighty grin. When he finally touches down to the Thraxan homeworld and faces Thragg, he establishes his character further when he's enraged that his mate, a shark-woman alien (whom he fell for because she was able to make him bleed... god this guy was so cool), unleashes some Ragnars to guarantee victory.

-Battle Beast, furious over this lack of honor, immediately wades into melee, slaughtering Ragnar left and right in order to ensure a fair conflict between himself and Thragg. When Thragg is nearly disemboweled by the creatures, a shamed Battle Beast says "I will accept NO advantage!" and then SLASHES HIS OWN GUTS OUT, thus equaling the damage between the two men. Thragg, to his credit, sends away his own soldiers, and the two engage in a knock-down, drag-out battle that rages over several issues while other stuff is going on. Sadly, we mostly only see snippets of the fighting- Thragg loses an eye, Battle Beast is thrown all over the place, etc., but things finally end with Thragg slaying his foe, who can only mutter "Thank... you..." as he finally gets the honorable, glorious death he'd always sought. Thragg wears his fallen enemy as a GODAMNED PELT, arriving on his homeworld to a heroes' reception, as even Battle Beast's own people respect Thragg for what he's done. This is pretty much the end-game that sets Thragg up as the ultimate foe.

-Battle Beast is one of the TRUE heavy hitters of the Invincible U, and so gets a PL 15 set-up (my 2nd Edition version was PL 12, but since then, Battle Beast has proven nearly the equal of THRAGG, who's the biggest and baddest guy in Invincible). He's also the only character to be seen soloing Ragnars in melee combat- creatures that can slice through both Conquest and Thragg, they're thought to be nigh-invincible, but Battle Beast is able to somehow SLICE THROUGH THEM using his giant blades!

-Battle Beast is big, strong, mean, has tons of Combat Advantages, etc.- just about the worst nightmare for most PCs. He's one of the only non-mustached beings in the Invincible U to EASILY beat Mark Grayson (in his PL 10 form, but still...), and he looks cool as hell. He's a demolisher, plain and simple.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Kregg! Best Tiger! Chupacabra! Thragg! Battle Beast!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that's in for the Invincible builds!! Probably the most work I've ever actually put into a single set, as far as reading goes- I've never read 140+ issues of a book in succession before. Though that was also done because I wanted to read the whole series again, I also felt the need to look up once-important characters, as online bios are always REALLY short on info for guys that never left a single book. It proved rather interesting and illuminating on some things (such as which plotlines got dropped- like the entities that had Mark go back in time to "fix" things), as well as making it more clear what the book's peak was (okay, it was always the Invincible/Viltrumite War Era, but this makes it REALLY obvious).

It's funny how one single book (and a 36-issue spin-off) can contain enough characters for me to spend THREE WEEKS posting builds. A difficult thing to replicate, outside of Astro City. It has drawbacks, though- anyone who's never read or cared about Invincible was probably bored :).

Next up: Two days of random piles of stuff, largely to get builds off of the "ATT-only" exclusive list, and posted on here. I mean, who knows how long that old forum will be kept in operation by Green Ronin? They could axe it at any time! There'll also be a single original build, too. Then it's on to the next big set.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm And that's in for the Invincible builds!! Probably the most work I've ever actually put into a single set, as far as reading goes- I've never read 140+ issues of a book in succession before. Though that was also done because I wanted to read the whole series again, I also felt the need to look up once-important characters, as online bios are always REALLY short on info for guys that never left a single book. It proved rather interesting and illuminating on some things (such as which plotlines got dropped- like the entities that had Mark go back in time to "fix" things), as well as making it more clear what the book's peak was (okay, it was always the Invincible/Viltrumite War Era, but this makes it REALLY obvious).

It's funny how one single book (and a 36-issue spin-off) can contain enough characters for me to spend THREE WEEKS posting builds. A difficult thing to replicate, outside of Astro City. It has drawbacks, though- anyone who's never read or cared about Invincible was probably bored :).

Next up: Two days of random piles of stuff, largely to get builds off of the "ATT-only" exclusive list, and posted on here. I mean, who knows how long that old forum will be kept in operation by Green Ronin? They could axe it at any time! There'll also be a single original build, too. Then it's on to the next big set.
Even though I've never read Invincible, I still enjoyed the builds. I'd also still like to see the Power Rangers template build converted to from 2e to 3e at some point, but if not, that's fine! I don't want to be a bother, and will be looking forward to whatever the next big set is!
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Yeah, really enjoyed this series. Been something I've waited years for, and I am not disappointed. =D
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Invincible was a lot of fun! I also liked getting the confirmation that I stopped reading around the right time - it sounds like I can skip the last 50 issues.

So what's next? :)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'm hoping he posts some builds that will help us leave our woes behind
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm And that's in for the Invincible builds!! Probably the most work I've ever actually put into a single set, as far as reading goes- I've never read 140+ issues of a book in succession before. Though that was also done because I wanted to read the whole series again, I also felt the need to look up once-important characters, as online bios are always REALLY short on info for guys that never left a single book. It proved rather interesting and illuminating on some things (such as which plotlines got dropped- like the entities that had Mark go back in time to "fix" things), as well as making it more clear what the book's peak was (okay, it was always the Invincible/Viltrumite War Era, but this makes it REALLY obvious).

I have a very conflicted interest in Invincible. the first tpb was great, but the series never really hooked me and I stopped being interested around the time they introduced Oliver.
As a set of builds they are fine, but kind of limited, in the sense that most character fall into one of three categories:
  • flying bricks
  • characters introduced in the first three TPB
  • others
I so wish that either Kirkman or someone else would give this universe another run focusing on the Guardians of the Globe or another group outside of the main Mark-based shennanigas.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)