Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Undergrads! The Acolytes! Howard the Duck!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:48 am !!!! The hell did you find THAT? I went LOOKING and I couldn't find it! Just tiny lists of a couple names here or there!

Edit: Oh damn, you checked EBAY, didn't you? That's the one thing I didn't consider!

He's an even more complete list: http://www.nslists.com/mrvann93.htm

I think I was checking via the Annuals, forgetting the Trading Cards that came with them, which are MORE collectible!
Before i awnser you,let me blow your mind with this list....
DC COMICS 1993 ANNUALS (BLOODLINES STORY):
Loose Cannon = Sparx= Ballistic=Samaritan =Cardinal Sin=Joe Public =Gunfire =Hitman =Giest =Prism =Argus =The Hook =Nightblade =Mongrel Terrorsmith=Slingshot = Shadowstryke =Krag =Lionheart =Pax =Jamm =Layla =Anima =Razorsharp =Channel =Myriad =Edge =Chimera

As for how i got this stuff,just check with CBR.com for all you listing needs...... :D
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

I didn't realise Hitmaker first appeared just one month after Wildstreak, 'great minds' etc.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

M4C8 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:43 pm I didn't realise Hitmaker first appeared just one month after Wildstreak, 'great minds' etc.
I know,right? To my mind,it all spoke of "monkey see,monkey do" but DC decided to have a storyarch throughout instead of individual stories.....
Jabroniville

Humbug

Post by Jabroniville »

HUMBUG (Buck Mitty)
Created By:
David Michelinie & Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: Web of Spider-Man #19 (Oct. 1986)
Role: Joke Villain, Animal-Obsessed Weirdo
Group Affiliations: The Heroes For Hire
PL 8 (73)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Deception 4 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+15) -- Flaws: Limited to Etymology
Perception 6 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Insects Assume He is One of Their Own), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Friend to the Insects" Comprehend 2 (Speak to & Understand Animals) (Flaws: Limited to Insects) [2]

"Exo-Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [15]
"Amplifiers" Dazzle Hearing 8 (Extras: Area- Audio Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (16) -- (18 points)
  • AE: "Directed Noise" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (16)
  • AE: "Laser Helmet" Blast 8 (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Amplifiers +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Directed Noise +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Helmet +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Obsession (Insects)- Humbug believes that insects are inherently superior to humans, and only ever committed thefts to fund his research. Eventually, he went full-blown crazy, speaking to insects and doing things only to serve them. He once gave up a fight because Spider-Man threatened to kill some Cockroaches.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Humbug has transformed into an insectoid form. Before his transformation, he had pretty weak human stats: ST 1, STA 2, AGI 2.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 6 (73)

ImageImage

HUMBUG (Buck Mitty)- POWERED-UP
Created By:
David Michelinie & Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: Web of Spider-Man #19 (Oct. 1986)
Role: Joke Villain, Animal-Obsessed Weirdo
Group Affiliations: The Heroes For Hire
PL 8 (106)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Deception 4 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+15) -- Flaws: Limited to Etymology
Perception 6 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Insects Assume He is One of Their Own), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Friend to the Insects" Comprehend 2 (Speak to & Understand Animals) (Flaws: Limited to Insects) [2]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Exo-Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [15]
"Amplifiers" Dazzle Hearing 8 (Extras: Area- Audio Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (16) -- (18 points)
  • AE: "Directed Noise" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (16)
  • AE: "Laser Helmet" Blast 8 (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Amplifiers +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Directed Noise +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Helmet +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Obsession (Insects)- Humbug believes that insects are inherently superior to humans, and only ever committed thefts to fund his research. Eventually, he went full-blown crazy, speaking to insects and doing things only to serve them. He once gave up a fight because Spider-Man threatened to kill some Cockroaches.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Humbug has transformed into an insectoid form. Before his transformation, he had pretty weak human stats: ST 1, STA 2, AGI 2.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 6 (106)

-An entymologist out to "Show Them All!" about the power of insects, Humbug was a classic Joke Villain, not even taken seriously in his debut or subsequent appearances- once, he was befuddled when he stole a bunch of cash... but realized he had no way to CARRY IT HOME. Then there was the time where Spider-Man once stopped his hostage-taking attempt by threatening to KILL SOME ROACHES (actual dialogue: "Let the girl go, Humbug! Or these roaches die screaming!"). He even jobbed out in a one-off Spider-Man: The Bug Stops Here! comic!

-Humbug was comically killed off by Deadpool, who slathered him in honey and threw fire ants at him, but it turned out that they'd only eaten the outer layer of his skin, and he'd made a deal with the leader of the ants, Rodney, to get them "younger and tastier" victims if they spared his life. He joined the "Heroes For Hire" team after this point, attempting to redeem himself, and he popped up with new powers after apparently being eaten by giant insects in Antarctica. Now bug-like and crazier than ever, he disappears for years, reappearing in the modern era, where he confronts the Warbound, but is chosen by No-Name of the Brood to become the sire of her eggs. Well, actually, she lays her eggs IN HIS BODY, and they gestate there. He was poisoned during a double-cross (Earth's "hive" wanted to defend the planet against Brood's offspring, and so poisoned both him and the eggs), and Shang-Chi mercy-killed him to save him from a painful death. The character has not reappeared.

-Humbug started out as a Joke-y Joke, as despite his PL 8 Area Effects, he was a sissy who would go down in a few hits, and he was noticeably clumsy and foolish, getting into bad situations that required Spider-Man to save him. With a power-boost (possibly a Device- it was never exactly clear, as a suit full of bugs could have been the reason he was stronger), he was slightly LESS crappy, being PL 7 on offense outside of his Exo-Suit abilities.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:13 am Last time I posted Hellcow, I got the following reactions:
Spectrum wrote:Wow, when i saw that one I wasn't expecting you to go for it.

Even more humorous than the picture I was expecting:Image
Goldar wrote:Aw, come on, guys. I love Hell-Cow! Ever since her debut!

But I didn't know Howard killed her!! Bad, bad Howard. No more quakers for you! Deadpool, you good. Here's a Scooby snack for you.
You can always count on Goldar remembering a comic from the 1970s or early '80s with great detail :).
Ahahaha, true, true! (Just so many good comics and characters from that period!)

Thanks for the kind words, Jab!

And for re-posting good old HellCow! You know I am a big fan of your work ( and I love when you do my favorite characters).
Jabroniville

Hit-Monkey

Post by Jabroniville »

HIT-MONKEY
Created By:
Daniel Way & Dalibor Talajic
First Appearance: Hit-Monkey #1 (Feb. 2010)
Role: Monkey Assassin
PL 9 (146)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+14)
Athletics 14 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14)
Expertise (Assassin) 8 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+12)
Treatment 4 (+2)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Guns), Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Guns), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Tracking, Ultimate Aim, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Simian Physiology"
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
Speed 2 (2 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 [1]
"Monkey Strength" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Equipment:
"Twin Firearms" Blast 4 (Extras: Multiattack) (12 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Firearms +14 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +15

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Assassins)- When his fellow Macaques were slaughtered by assassins, Hit-Monkey swore revenge on all their kind. He now hunts down assassins across the world.
Prejudice (Monkey)- Hit-Monkey may run into problems while trying to interact with people.
Disabled (Animal)- Macaques cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 38 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 20 (146)

-With comics and its obsession with monkeys & apes, I suppose it was inevitable that we'd get a gun-toting Monkey Assassin. Hit-Monkey learned by observation, having watched an assassin practice while he hid out amongst a tribe of Japanese Macaques. When the assassin's old clan followed him there, Hit-Monkey's entire band was slaughtered, and he wreaked bloody vengeance. He really only showed up for a single story, hunting down Deadpool, and possibly being killed when Wade blew himself up. He has since reappeared as part of Domino's "Mercs For Money" group, and in the backgrounds of other books.

-Hit-Monkey is a good enough fighter to hang with Bullseye, Deadpool and Spider-Man in his first series, and hasn't been seen since then, so PL 9 and some New Character Stink can add up to that. He adds some Simian Capabilities to an Assassin's build, and is WAY stronger than you'd think for a monkey species that barely weighs 30 pounds.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Aggressors of Dark Kombat! Undergrads! The Acolytes!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:34 am And that's all the Acolytes! Well, except Cargill & Magneto. But I figured they were important enough characters, and posted semi-recently, that they deserved to be a bit more focused than "thirty builds in three days" spam-posting.

Next up... Marvel- The Letter "H"! And then we finally get some more DC builds, with the Legion of Super-Heroes!
Man, I picked the wrong time for a spring break trip! My favorite group of jobbers all statted up in all their losery glory and I missed the process!

Oh, well. That type of suck is timeless. I'll pop a cold one, cuddle up with my Hank Pym voodoo doll out and take a leisurely stroll down X-Jobber Lane one night this week to catch up. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:13 pm ......

I LIKE THE MOVIE! There....I said it.
It came out when I was a teenager and I didn't think it was that bad. Then I grew up...

...And OUT, Phat Masterson!

Thanks, Randal. Anyway, then I tried to watch it again once I got back into comics in the early 2000's and I must say, my opinion changed. Yes, it's awful, but it's fun awful.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Hybrid (Marks)

Post by Jabroniville »

HYBRID I (James "Jimmy" Marks)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: Rom- Spaceknight #17 (April 1981)
Role: Hybrid Species
Group Affiliations: The Dire Wraiths
PL 11 (168)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Alien) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Telekinesis & Telepathy"
Mind Control 11 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle) (46) -- [56]
  • Dynamic AE: "Power Control" Affliction 10 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle) (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2, Cumualtive) (Flaws: Limited to Mutant Powers) (32)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 8 (Feats: Dynamic) (17)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind-Reading 8 & Communication (Mental) 3 (Feats: Dynamic) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Baleful Polymorph" Affliction 8 (Fort; Transformed State) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Progressive +2) (Flaws: Limited to Final Degree -2) (9)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 8 (Feats: Dynamic) (17)
"Reforms Eternally" Immortality 1 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Mind & Power Control -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Taking Over The Human Race)- Hybrid particularly wants to use super-powered females as breeding stock.
Involuntary Transformation (Child Persona)- Jimmy's human self occasionally gains dominance.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 11 (168)

-Hybrid appeared in Rom, and is the result of an encounter between a male Dire Wraith and a human woman. Not knowing of his true nature, Jimmy had instinctively taken human form at birth. He was trained in the ways of evil by some Dire Wraiths, but lashed out when Rom sent them to Limbo, injuring his parents badly, and eventualkly killing his father when Rom investigated. Proving immune to Rom's Neutralizer, he was eventually stopped by the X-Men (after the mandatory fight between heroes). Eventually, a supercharged Neutralizer shot from Kitty "Sprite" Pryde ended his threat, though his human mother died of old age after he'd transformed her into an old woman. The story is apparently based off of an H.P. Lovecraft tale, The Dunwich Horror.

-Hybrid was able to reform himself later, and he teamed up with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Mystique, Destiny & Rogue) against Rom, but the latter two turned against him when they discovered his plan to use super-powered females as breeding stock. He reappeared fighting the New Mutants, but was defeated by Cannonball, vaporizing. He then turned up amnesiac in X-Man, and was accidentally given back his evil memories by Nate Grey, but the part of his mind that was still "innocent Jimmy" helped X-Man destroy him.

-Hybrid was eventually listed as one of the Mutants who'd lost their powers on M-Day, but showed up in Avengers Academy, still evil. He teams up with Reptil (who is being controlled by his future self, who wants to ensure that his dark future comes to pass), but the students & faculty ally and banish him. He was last seen imprisoned by The High Evolutionary to prevent the Celestials from negatively judging Earth.

-Hybrid is dangerous, but needs allies and secrecy to be truly effective- he can't win in a knock-down, drag-out fight with major super-heroes. He typically Mind Controls a few targets and sends them against their allies- he's a PL 11 Mind Controller.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Aggressors of Dark Kombat! Undergrads! The Acolytes!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:58 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:34 am And that's all the Acolytes! Well, except Cargill & Magneto. But I figured they were important enough characters, and posted semi-recently, that they deserved to be a bit more focused than "thirty builds in three days" spam-posting.

Next up... Marvel- The Letter "H"! And then we finally get some more DC builds, with the Legion of Super-Heroes!
Man, I picked the wrong time for a spring break trip! My favorite group of jobbers all statted up in all their losery glory and I missed the process!

Oh, well. That type of suck is timeless. I'll pop a cold one, cuddle up with my Hank Pym voodoo doll out and take a leisurely stroll down X-Jobber Lane one night this week to catch up. 8-)
haha, yeah, that's too bad! Fortunately, you didn't really miss anything new- this was more of an attempt to get all my builds in one place, and that meant dumping the Acolytes builds (which were updated only 2 years ago) onto Echoes over a few days :). I mean, I'd still appreciate you digging through builds of Orator, Projector, Vindaloo & Mellencamp, as always, just to deliver more quality snark.
Jabroniville

The Hellbent

Post by Jabroniville »

THE HELLBENT
Created By:
Terry Kavanagh & Jimmy Palmiotti
First Appearance: Mark Spector: Moon Knight #44 (Nov. 1992)
Role: Hidden Race
Group Affiliations: The Hellbent, The Knights Templar, The Omega
PL 6 (56)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (History) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
Various

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Monsters)- Most Hellbent cannot pass for human.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (56)

-Holy crap, did THIS group prove to be a bigger study session than I thought. I mean, who reads the name "Hellbent" and thinks it's gonna involve reading thirty bios?

-The Hellbent are one of Marvel Earth's many hidden races- descendants of ancient humans with the old races that have long since left the Earth. They ended up allied with some Egyptian deities (many of them served Thoth), and the Knights Templar were formed among the Hellbent in order to protect them (in return for some dark secrets). The "Hellbent Prime" were powerful demons and fallen gods, while the "Omega" were genetically similar to humans, and could pass for them. The Templar eventually began abusing Hellbent and stealing their powers.

-A man named Seth the Immortal had taken several wives, diluting the bloodline greatly- both Marc Spector and his friend Jean-Paul DuChamp turn out to be distant descendants of his. He plays both sides of the Hellbent against each other, hoping for more power, before ultimately being stopped. This whole story arc takes place for around a year, and seems contained entirely to Terry Kavanagh's books, meaning it occurs in Moon Knight (after Doug Moench left it, I guess), Web of Spider-Man and... X-Man? Really? Oh look at that- 1992 saw all of these stories by Kavanagh, and then 1998's X-Man saw the Hellbent suddenly return thanks to the writing of... TERRY KAVANAGH!! Funny, that. Must've thought he had "one more shot" at making the Hellbent into "A Thing". But they are not "A Thing".

-Really, this whole team seems like a Jobber Army. Every appearance feels about the same- a small group attacks the heroes, but is quickly defeated, and many are killed by The Manx (cat-like monsters). Seth is eventually buried alive and never seen again, with Ness leading the later group against Nate Grey. They're basically rip-offs of The Lilin, but without any of the distinctive character bits or anything that could possibly be interesting.

The Roster:

AGONY- PL 7 (77): "Hair as a Weapon" Damage 8, Elongation 2 (Limited to Hair), Snare 6 (Accurate 2, Diminished Range -1) [21]

BASILISK II- PL 8 (80): "Death Vision" Weaken Stamina 8 (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) [24]
-Basilisk and Agony were agents of Seth the Immortal, who sent them after Moon Knight. Agony willingly gave up her life to allow her lover Seth to live, while Basilisk was killed by a Templar Knight when she put a mirror in front of her- even HE is not immune to his Gaze Attack.
ARC- PL 6 (68): "Bio-Electric Surge From Eyes" Blast 6 [12]

NESS- PL 6 (82): INT 4, AWA 4, PRE 3, Precognition [26]
-Ness led The Hellbent against Nate Grey after getting a vision of him destroying the world. He ended up dead after blowing up his base to kill some guys named The Gauntlet, with Madelyne Pryor stating that she could have saved him, but chose not to.

ImageImage

DAWN- PL 8 (73): Teleport 8, Dazzle Visuals 8 (Touch Range, Burst) [17]
DUSK I- PL 6 (92): Teleport 8, "Shadows" Concealment (Vision) (Attack, Shapeable Cloud +2) [36]
-Ugh, I seriously have to make the Slingers character Dusk II because of this nobody? Lame. Dusk & Dawn are sisters.

THE MANX- PL 7 (67): No INT, no PRE, ST 6, STA 6, AGI 4, Infravision, Claws +1 (Split), Concealment 1 (Scent), Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision [11]
-The Manx were trackers, and were all killed by Slaine.

ImageImage

SETH THE IMMORTAL (Seth Phalkon)- PL 7 (99): ST 5, STA 5, INT 3, AWA 4, PRE 4, Immunity (Aging), Weaken Stamina 10 [43]
-A high-ranking member of the Order of the Knight Templar, and the instigator of most of the bad stuff. He resembles Marc Spector almost exactly, and can drain people's strength. He ends up buried alive at the end of the story.

SLAINE- PL 7 (66): Flight 5 (Wings), "Spikes" Damage +4 (Reach) [10]
-Slaine killed the Manx, but died in the process.

SHARD I- PL 6 (83): Spiky Aura 2, Spike Blast 6 (Multiattack, Accurate) [27]

DEMENTIA- PL 8 (80): "Distortion Effect" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extra Condition, Burst Area) [24]

VORTEX- PL 6 (70): "Wind Powers" Deflect 8, Wind Blast 6 (Accurate) [14]
-Vortex, Shard & Dementia form "The Cadre", a band of Hellbent that live with humans. They were chosen as part of 1993's "New Character Annuals", getting their own trading card.

CRACKDOWN- PL 8 (76): ST 8, STA 8 [20]
LAVA- PL 6 (71): Fire Blast 7 (Accurate) [15]
SPIKE- PL 7 (81): Blast 4 Linked to "Psycho-Active Drugs" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Ranged, Accurate) [25]
BASS & BELLE- PL 7 (73): "Vibratory Frequency Powers" Blast 8 (Accurate) [17]
MURMUR- PL 7 (64): AGI 5, Stealth 8 (+13) [8]
-Murmur was killed by Agony on Seth's orders for his failure.
BRAMBLE- PL 6 (67): Spiky Aura 2, Blast 4 (Multiattack, Accurate) [21]
NETWORK- PL 6 (72): Teleport 8 [16]
-Network was slaughtered by The Manx.

CUBIST- PL 7 (81): "Distort Visual Perceptions" Affliction 8 (Impaired/Disabled Vision) (Ranged, Limited Degree, Accurate) [25]
GLAZE- PL 7 (74): Snare 6 (Touch Range, Contagious) [18]
TKO- PL 7 (62): "Speed Punch" Damage +0 (Accurate 2, Multiattack 4) [6]
-Was killed by The Manx.
TRIPLEX- PL 6 (61): "Three Heads" Second Chance 4 (Twice Over: Perception Checks, Mind Control), Radius Sight [5]
-Triplex was accidentally pummeled by TKO.
LOWDOWN- PL 7 (68): "Short & Super-Strong" ST 6, STA 6 [12]
-Killed by The Manx.
FIZZURE- PL 7 (68): Snare 6 (Touch Range) [12]
-Killed by The Manx.
GNASH- PL 6 (59): "Mouths For Hands" Damage +2 (Split) [3]
-Killed by The Manx.
TAILSPIN- PL 6 (58): "Tail" Extra Limb 1, Reach 1 [2]
-Killed by The Manx.

-This weird group fought Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night & Gambit, and four were killed by The Manx.

FLARE- PL 6 (68): Heat Blast 6 (Accurate) [12]
-Tortured Jean-Paul DuChamp, temporarily transforming him into his psychotic grandfather, who beat Flare to death.
HOOK- PL 8 (77): ST 7, STA 7, Flight 5 (Winged) [21]
-Allied with the heroes, and survived in the end.
KRUNCH, RIPPER & VAULT- PL 7 (68): ST 6, STA 6 [12]
-Just a goon squad. One is a sexy lady, though.

NIGHTSHADOW- PL 9 (66): Weaken Strength 10 [10]
SLIME- PL 6 (56):
-Slime was Nightshadow's minion, and demonstrated no powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Acolytes! Howard the Duck! Hitmaker! Humbug!)

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, oh man. Guys like The Hellbent just make a MESS of my lists and indeces. So many throwaway guys not only add a huge pile (20+!) to my list of names and index, but since they're mostly forgotten guys, I never included them when archiving other characters! Who knew the second Basilisk was one of these douches, not Keith Gifford, the Ghost Rider foe? Now there's FOUR Basilisks! Similarly, this Shard means that Bishop's sister is now the SECOND character by that name. Agony pre-dates the Agony of the "Five Symbiotes" by like half a year (and Kavanagh was working on the Spider-books at this time, too). And now there's an ORIGINAL "Dusk", pre-dating the Slinger. Oh, and Seth the Immortal kinda shares a name with Marvel's Heliopolitan Death God.

Oh, and it looks like three members of the team form The Cadre, which is ANOTHER one of those "1993 Annual" sets of characters. That saves me the research of finding more about them! I didn't even notice it until I searched ComicVine for pics and found that Vortex was a "Cadre" member, recognizing the name from MacynSnow's list just yesterday.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Acolytes! Howard the Duck! Humbug! The Hellbent!)

Post by Woodclaw »

Considering Moon Knight background and quasi-mystical connection, there were a number of potential use for this guys. It doesn't help that (like a number of other characters who have a mystical backgroun, but no magical powers, like Wonder Woman) the link with Khonshu rarely plays a part in MK's stories. Simply reworking these as the "chosen" of other deities with a bone to pick (kind of like the Immortal Weapons) would have made them so much more useable.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Oh yeah, since we're on "H", I just remembered the Hydrators! I built them like a year or so ago when Jab pointed them out to me, and of course they're still goofy losers.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Was is ever confirmed whether Hit-Monkey was a mutant macaque?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'