Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Legion of Substitute Heroes! Thunder! Brainiac 5!)

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 pm Hot damn it I have to examine some things too closely.

There's always things you can ignore and the like, but Revenge of the Nerds really gets my goat (despite me still liking the movie)

Lewis and Betty is just the icing on the cake. He totally raped her while posing as someone else and is really lucky she liked it.

Yeah, the Alpha Betas were asshats and had the run of the place, and yeah their sister sorority were bitches, but I'm not sure that means "Hey let's put cameras in their sorority house and watch them naked cause hijinks! Hey should Wormser be watching this? Ah hell DELINQUENCY! And hey....let's put Betty's nude body on the bottom of those pie plates we sell at the fair! I'm sure that she'll be totally cool with that once Lewis gives her a few Os"

Those, sure, they bug me....but you know what really bugs me?

Their rampant cheating at the Greek games. Kind of unfair to all the other frats and sororities that weren't assholes to them, but the greater good right?

THE GREATER GOOD!
Ok,jack,just take a deep breath.There you go....Just remember those meditation techniques you were shown by Mr.Miagi....Woosa,woosa.....

I'd like to think the other frats were just as tired of the Alpha Betas as the nerds were,so they ignored it in favor of petty revenge.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 pm Hot damn it I have to examine some things too closely.

There's always things you can ignore and the like, but Revenge of the Nerds really gets my goat (despite me still liking the movie)

Lewis and Betty is just the icing on the cake. He totally raped her while posing as someone else and is really lucky she liked it.

Yeah, the Alpha Betas were asshats and had the run of the place, and yeah their sister sorority were bitches, but I'm not sure that means "Hey let's put cameras in their sorority house and watch them naked cause hijinks! Hey should Wormser be watching this? Ah hell DELINQUENCY! And hey....let's put Betty's nude body on the bottom of those pie plates we sell at the fair! I'm sure that she'll be totally cool with that once Lewis gives her a few Os"

Those, sure, they bug me....but you know what really bugs me?

Their rampant cheating at the Greek games. Kind of unfair to all the other frats and sororities that weren't assholes to them, but the greater good right?

THE GREATER GOOD!
LOL!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the sequels as well! :lol:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The key word in the name of the “Revenge Fantasy” genre isn’t revenge, it’s fantasy. You aren’t supposed to want to emulate Michael Douglass in Falling Down, you’re supposed to empathize and say “Yeah, man, I wish I could bring a sawn-off shotgun with me during my rush hour commute!”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:19 pm Donald P. Bellisario, legendary producer of pretty much everything on television between 1970-1999, once said in response to a fan with very pedantic questions about the way things worked on Quantum Leap replied: “Don’t examine this too closely.”

I find this an acceptable explanation for why Reed Richard’s hasn’t cured cancer, why Lewis gets away with rape by deception, Luke and Leia’s incest subtext, or whether or not Dulcinea actually exists.
There was an alleged quote from one Gene Roddenberry about viewers asking him how his starship worked, while having no clue how their cars worked.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I want to say some Star Trek writer responded to a question about "How fast can the Enterprise fly?" with "At the speed of plot."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The TNG Technical Manual apparently got its start because Gates McFadden, who was a stickler for getting her medical jargon and medical tool use absolutely right, asked the producers for a guide to using her tricorder properly.

There’s also a footnote in the same about a time Patrick Stewart asked them how the warp drive worked... They were a few minutes into a detailed description of matter/antimatter reactions and dilithium matrices when he cut them off saying: “Nonsense. You just–” dramatic two-finger point forward “Engage.”

The gamer geek in me appreciates McFadden’s attention to detail and consistency in world building. I mean, I do own the TNG Technical Manual and could probably build a functional warp core if only certain fictional elements were physical fact. On the other hand, the theater geek in me admires Stewart’s commitment to the character’s loved reality and putting the needs of story above pedantic detail.

In short, contrary to Bellsario, I am happy to think about this stuff. But I’ve choose not to worry about it.

MST3k said it best.
Jabroniville

Wave/Spider-Girl

Post by Jabroniville »

WAVE (Sussa Pakka, aka Spider-Girl)
Created By:
Jim Tillery, Jerry Siegel & John Forte
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #310 (July 1963)
Home Planet: Taltar
Origin of Powers: Genetic Experiment to be a super-powered representative of her matriarchal world.
Eras: First & Threeboot (random background villain)
Relationships: Hits on anything with a weiner
Role: Villain Turned Good, Prehensile-Haired Chick, Team Bimbo
PL 8 (125)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Space Criminal) 6 (+7)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Legion Gear), Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up

Powers:
"Prehensile Hair"
"Gimme a Head With Hair!" Extra Limbs 5 [5]
"Long, Beautiful Hair!" Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited to Hair) [1]

"Hair Strength"
Power-Lifting 4 (1,600 lbs.) (Flaws: Limited to Hair) [2]
Movement 2 (Sure-Footed, Wall-Crawling) [4]

"Multi-Snare" Snare 8 (Feats: Chokehold, Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited Degree, Non-Cumulative) (24) -- [26]
  • AE: "Single-Snare" Snare 8 (Feats: Chokehold, Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited Degree, Non-Cumulative) (24)
  • AE: "Hair-Catcher" Deflect 8 (8)
Equipment:
"Legion Gear"
"Telepathic Ear Plug" Comprehend 3 (Languages) (6)

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Immunity 7 (Hot, Cold, Vacuum, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (7)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)
Communication 5 (Flaws: Fifth Rank is only towards Legionnaires) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Hair-Snare +8 (+8 Afliction, DC 18)
Multi-Snare +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Ex-Villain)- Wave used to be known as Spider-Girl, a member of The Legion of Super-Villains.
Reputation (Flirt)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 13 (125)

-Wave is the definition of a minor Legionnaire, starting out as a token rejected applicant (based off of a fan recommendation for "Prehensile Hair"), who ended up getting so mad, she joined the Legion of Super-Villains. After years of doing little, and she all of a sudden decides to hook up with the Legion again, hitting on Ultra Boy and others, before proving her worth a bit. But this was RIGHT near the end of the book's Post-Crisis period, and she was written out by time fluctuations right away. By then, she'd lost the "Spider-Girl" name (given because of her "web" of hair), becoming "Wave", and getting the cool visual of giant blue hair flying around every panel she was in, but it was too little, too late.

-She appears in Reboot as a member of Workforce, and was in a relationship with Ultra Boy, making her very resentful of Apparition, his ex. Geoff Johns used her as part of his "Justice League of Earth" Legion story-arc, as a Legion Reject who now fights the team alongside Earth-Man.

-At PL 8, Wave isn't that great a combatant, having only one real trick, and depending on the Flight Ring for a chunk of her points anyways. She's basically like a low-end version of Marvel's Medusa.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Just once, I want to see a man with prehensile hair. He can beat people up with his hipster beard.
MacynSnow

Re: Wave/Spider-Girl

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:04 pm Image
WAVE (Sussa Pakka, aka Spider-Girl)

I can picture the conversation going on at the Palace of the Inhumans right now.....
Marvel Medusa:"Husband,we must speak about Sussa and these.....Rumors going around."
Black Bolt:"........."
Medusa:"i quite agree,her does lend itself to this kind of situation,but it's more than just 'going through a fase',as you so like to put it...."
Black Bolt:"......................."
Medusa:"No,i don't think sending her off to an alternate universe is the right idea,but since we're out of good ideas...."
:lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 pm Just once, I want to see a man with prehensile hair. He can beat people up with his hipster beard.
No hipster beard, but may I introduce you to my buddy Neil's character Samson?

Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 pm Just once, I want to see a man with prehensile hair. He can beat people up with his hipster beard.

Prehensile hair & Superstrength or just Superstrong prehensile hair?Believe me,there IS a difference(the hair would have to somehow be reinforced for one)..... ;)
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Oh God, now I'm picturing some 'Guido' mobster with prehensile chest hair.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:07 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Prehensile hair & Superstrength or just Superstrong prehensile hair?Believe me,there IS a difference(the hair would have to somehow be reinforced for one)..... ;)
Prehensile hair & Superstrength
Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I think in the Guardians of the Galaxy, there was a male inhuman with composite powers of the 20th Century Royal Family of Inhumans, and he had prehensile (head) hair.

My own, long, luxurious golden mane is alas, non-prehensile.
Last edited by Goldar on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

M4C8 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Oh God, now I'm picturing some 'Guido' mobster with prehensile chest hair.
I dub him "Steel Wool".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.