Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Nemesis Kid! Lightning Lord! Tyr! Saturn Queen!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:40 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 pm
Goldar wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:51 pm Marvel also had a Silver Slasher, a male character, a few years before DC's SS. He did not spin, but was spiky all over.

What happened to Titania in that last pic? Was her hair all singed off by Lightning Lass?
You're thinking of Slasher, who is just named "Slasher", and is silver, but is not a SILVER Slasher.

Easy mistake to make. I couldn't even remember his full name :).
But, but, but...he wore a suit of silver, slashy spikes all over him....I can even tell you what book he was in....(walks away, head hung low)...
Hah- just looked at my build more closely. Gerry Conway created BOTH CHARACTERS. That's not a coincidence- that's just design :).
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:27 pm Them’s Fightin’ Herds might be a fun change of pace when it comes to fighting game characters all feeling “same-y.” I mean, the heroes are a unicorn, a dragon, deer, a cow, a llama, and a sheep.
Nice! After several years of development purgatory, the Fighting is Magic game finally got released.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Spectrum wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:08 am
Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:27 pm Them’s Fightin’ Herds might be a fun change of pace when it comes to fighting game characters all feeling “same-y.” I mean, the heroes are a unicorn, a dragon, deer, a cow, a llama, and a sheep.
Nice! After several years of development purgatory, the Fighting is Magic game finally got released.
With Lauren Faust herself as one of the contributors!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Speaking of non-standard character designs, though, a couple days back I re-found a really strange and super-obscure parody fighting game for DOS (called Fight 'N' Jokes) that seems to be inspired by Clayfighter a lot, but with traditional sprites instead of claymation. You know a game is weird when the final boss is a Darth Vader parody that's also a pig. There's also a guy with a rocket in his chest, a parody of Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins, what seems to be a mix of Darkwing Duck and a Native American, and other assorted weirdos.

Here is a sample video: Youtube link
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So here's the plan for this month with my builds, as well as a bit of June:

* The Legion of Super-Villains (just about done- I'm gonna just spam out the last, recently-created batch, as they're forgettable and just re-posts)
* LOSH Allies (just the Heroes of Lallor & Wanderers)
* The Fatal Five (FINALLY!!)
* LOSH Villains (about five days' worth of their baddies)
* Sailor Moon S (literally just have to watch the final episode, lol. This set will contain notes about all the prior characters who show up here, plus have stats for all the new Sailors)
* Wolverine Builds (seriously, it's been seven years for some of these guys)
* Godzilla Builds (I did a poll like a month ago, and it won somewhat handily)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jab- you mentioned the Disney builds earlier (so much fun!) are you comfortable enough with the Bluth movies to do something similar?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I've only seen a couple. I statted up Anastasia, though - it got almost no comments, I recall :).
Jabroniville

Neutrax

Post by Jabroniville »

NEUTRAX (Wi Kan Muur)
Created By:
Gerry Conway & Joe Staton
First Appearance: Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes #253 (July 1979)
Home Planet: Dryad (Earth origin)
Origin of Powers: Given by The Dark Man
Eras: Original only
Role: Power-Nullifier
PL 13 (115)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Villain) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Power Nullification) 4 (+9)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Hover Chair), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Power Nullification"
Affliction 16 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) [48]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Power Nullification +9 (+16 Ranged Affliction, DC 26)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications: 
Enemy (The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Disabled (Crippled)- Neutrax lost the use of his legs during the destruction of Dryad, and requires his Flying Chair to get around.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 13 (115)

-Neutrax is a pretty nifty little idea for a villain- though weak in physical abilities (he was crippled- like his basis, Professor Xavier), he had the one-shot villainous ability to de-power people with little beams that came from his head. This made him a REALLY nasty threat in team situations (particularly because he had a tendency to zap people from behind, leaving them vulnerable to the physically-powerful villain in front of them), though he certainly never got a personality to match. He just kind of... floats there, and does nothing. Blok once beat him up off-panel during the wrap-up to An Eye For An Eye, but I'm not sure how- theoretically only one shot would take him down, so he could have just gotten lucky.

-Neutrax is pretty low-end defensively (PL 5.5 isn't scaring ANYBODY), but he usually avoids the battle for a while, de-powering people with sneak attacks and then floating away while another guy wraps the threat up. His power is very high-tier, and would work against almost any Legionnaire- 16 ranks is pretty tough to surpass.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Power Nullification seems pretty power in a super-team versus super-team battle... But, like we talked about with Matter-Eater Lad, an awful lot of Legionaries don’t actually have extraordinary powers.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Immortus

Post by Jabroniville »

IMMORTUS
Created By:
Paul Levitz & Francis Portella
First Appearance: The Legion of Super-Villains #1 (May 2011)
Home Planet: Unknown
Origin of Powers: Robot
Eras: Unboot Only
Role: Killer Robot, Regenerating Menace
PL 9 (125)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+5, +7 Size)
Perception 5 (+5)
Technology 5 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Killer Robot" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
"Inertron Body" Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 7) [12]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrowth) [11]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
Growth 5 (Str & Toughness +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will +3

Complications: 
Motivation (Breaking Stuff)- Immortus is programmed for combat.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 71 / Defenses: 9 (125)

-Immortus is a giant robot with a pretty cool look, but doesn't get up to much, since he was created about a year before Levitz' Legion run was cut short and undone.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:29 am I've only seen a couple. I statted up Anastasia, though - it got almost no comments, I recall :).
Amy Mebberson, an artist that does official Disney work, also has a fan webcomic called Pocket Princesses*. A recent strip had them holding a selection committee for the newest princess to be included. In the blackboard, among other amusing things is "Anastasia - who?"

http://amymebberson.tumblr.com/image/168582819334

(I'd post the strip directly, but Amy is very insistent that people should share/reblog her work instead of reposting it. I can understand why she feels that way so I'm doing as asked)

*I suspect Jab might already be familiar with this, but I find the webcomic pretty entertaining so I'm spreading the word about it for anyone else who might want to check it out.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, oh yeah, I love Pocket Princesses. Though it's funny she's so conscious about reblogging/reposting when she's playing with other people's IPs :).
Jabroniville

Golden Boy

Post by Jabroniville »

GOLDEN BOY (Klint Stewirt)
Created By:
Jerry Siegel & Jim Mooney
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #331 (April 1965)
Home Planet: Earth
Origin of Powers: Unknown
Eras: Original only
Role: One-Shot Villain
PL 9 (125)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Midas Touch"
Transform (Anything to Gold) 8 (Extras: Continuous) [32]
Affliction 7 (Fort; Hindered & Impaired Vision/Defenseless & Disabled Vision/Transformed to Gold & Unaware) (Extras: Continuous +3, Extra Condition) [35]

"Gold Body"
Protection 3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Midas Touch +7 (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Prejudice (Obvious Metahuman)- Golden Boy is always gold in appearance, and is misshapen after a battle with Fire Lad.
Vulnerable (Aqua Regia)- Gold can be dissolved by this chemical compound.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 70 / Defenses: 8 (125)

-Poor Klint got rejected from the Legion under the absurd grounds that his power would reduce the value of GOLD. I mean, WTF? Whether or not he was on the Legion would have very little effect upon how much he'd use his powers to turn stuff into gold! Rightly angry about being rejected, Klint joined up with some fellow rejects to form the Justice League of Earth, but was beaten by FIRE LAD of all people. Trouble is, as great as his power could be, being made of gold is actually pretty bad in a fight- gold is famously malleable.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Akka

Post by Jabroniville »

AKKA
Created By:
Home Planet: Sklar
Origin of Powers: No Powers- Trained Combatant
Eras: Original/Unboot
Role: Space Pirate, Super-Feminist, Super-Darwinist
PL 9 (116)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Space Pirate) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+7)
Technology 5 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (Knives +1- Split), Improved Critical (Knives), Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Equipment:
"Knives" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Knives +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Survival of the Fittest)- Sklar is a matriarchal world that believes in the survival of the fittest. Akka follows the strong Saturn Queen, and murdered the weak Micro Lad upon joining the new Legion of Super-Villains.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (116)

-Akka is a more-recent LOSV member, joining in 2011 under Paul Levitz's writing. From a matriarchal world of ass-kickers, she's a standard Funny-Skinned Space Pirate, which isn't horribly original, but whatevs- a perfectly acceptable background character.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Questor

Post by Jabroniville »

QUESTOR (Xart Prax)
Created By:
Home Planet: Colu
Origin of Powers: Natural Smarts
Eras: Unboot Only
Role: Smart Guy

-Questor has so little information about him I can't even do a build- he's just a smart guy, being a Coluan and all.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.