Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Khunds

Post by Jabroniville »

THE KHUNDS
Created By:
Jim Shooter
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #346 (July 1966)
Home Planet: Khundia
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Evil Empire
PL 6 (62)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+6)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Khund Warrior) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 3 (Laser Blasters), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Khundian Physiology"
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Equipment:
"Laser Blaster" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
"Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blaster +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +5 (+7 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +0

Complications: 
Responsibility (Khundian Warlike Society)- All disagreements are dealt with via fights to the death. Punches & lasers solve everything.
Enemy (Everyone Who Isn't a Khund)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 3 (62)

-The Khunds are basically the DC equivalent of Klingons, in that they're a brutal, warlike culture who is generally used as a "race of evil" in the comics. They made their debut trying to conquer the United Plants by using Nemesis Kid as a double agent. Khundia is a high-gravity, population-dense world (the Encyclopedia Galactica says that conditions like this are known to cause psychosis)- leaving them a culture of super-strong warriors with your classic sci-fi "All disagreements are dealt with via ritual combat" tropes. They've been constant pains in the Legion's butt for years, generally thrown out as a generic background villain, though four Khund Legionnaires were briefly allied with the team.

-Some '90s & 2000s stories feature Khunds in the modern DCU- they even gain a Green Lantern protector! The race are seen as a nuisance to the Thanagarians (who are often shown in the background in the 30th Century as well).

-Alas, I could never use them in a game, because I know damn well that players are just gonna swap out the "D" for another letter and give them a horrible, vulgar, hilarious nickname that everyone will constantly repeat throughout the entire game :).

ELITE KHUND ASSASSINS
Home Planet:
Khundia
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Elite Mooks
PL 9 (105)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+6)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Khund Warrior) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Khundian Physiology"
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Cybernetics"
"Laser Blaster" Blast 10 [20]
"Bionic Eyes" Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]

Equipment:
"Laser Blaster" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
"Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Blaster +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +2

Complications: 
Responsibility (Khundian Warlike Society)- All disagreements are dealt with via fights to the death. Punches & lasers solve everything.
Enemy (Everyone Who Isn't a Khund)

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 8 (105)

-These are Elite Khunds, who were sent to assassinate the Earth Presidential Candidates, but were defeated by the Legionnaires. Wildfire stopped his by basically flying off with the target and letting the idiot Khund blow up half the dude's house and bringing it on top of him, though Invisible Kid had much more trouble-  poor Jacques had his ONE POWER countered by some simple bionic detection equipment, and was nearly killed. However, he did a one-off Uncontrolled Power Stunt (spending his XP on further powers between sessions, I guess) and teleported himself and the Khund into outer space, where the guy exploded!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Emerald Empress! Mano! Tharok! Persuader! Validus!)

Post by MacynSnow »

A player could turn one of the Jerkwads into a good-guy hero,basically pulling a Worf,which would make for an intresting concept....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

For years, I thought that the Khunds were a rip-off of the Sontarans from Doctor Who, but no, as hard as it is to imagine, the comic book Khunds predate the Sontarans by seven years!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Davies

Post by Davies »

And in fact they predate the Klingons by a little less than a year. ("Errand of Mercy" aired in March of 1967.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:50 am A player could turn one of the Jerkwads into a good-guy hero,basically pulling a Worf,which would make for an intresting concept....
There are four Khund Legionnaires, but they were nobodies.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:50 am A player could turn one of the Jerkwads into a good-guy hero,basically pulling a Worf,which would make for an intresting concept....
There are four Khund Legionnaires, but they were nobodies.
Which makes them NPC's,so they don't count....;)
Davies

Re: Khunds

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 am -Alas, I could never use them in a game, because I know damn well that players are just gonna swap out the "D" for another letter and give them a horrible, vulgar, hilarious nickname that everyone will constantly repeat throughout the entire game :).
Which may have been what Mr. Shooter intended in the first place. Not the nicest guy, Jim Shooter.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:08 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:43 am -Alas, I could never use them in a game, because I know damn well that players are just gonna swap out the "D" for another letter and give them a horrible, vulgar, hilarious nickname that everyone will constantly repeat throughout the entire game :).
Which may have been what Mr. Shooter intended in the first place. Not the nicest guy, Jim Shooter.
I really doubt that's what 13 year old Jim Shooter was thinking of in the 60s.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ares wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:44 am I really doubt that's what 13 year old Jim Shooter was thinking of in the 60s.
Point of order! Shooter was thirteen when he sold his first two LSH stories to DC Comics, but he was fourteen when he actually got a contract. :o
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Computo (Evil Computer)

Post by Jabroniville »

COMPUTO I (aka Cyber-Cerebral Overlapping Multiprocessor Transceiver-Operator)
Created By:
Jerry Siegel & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #340 (Jan. 1966)
Home Planet: Earth
Eras: Original Only
Role: Evil Intelligence
PL 11 (53) Technologist
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA -- AGILITY --
FIGHTING -- DEXTERITY --
INTELLIGENCE 13 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 8 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+17)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 4 (+8)
Technology 8 (+21)

Advantages:
Inventor, Startle

Powers:
"Computer Body"
Immunity 40 (Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects) [40]

Offense:
Unarmed --
Initiative --

Defenses:
Dodge -- (DC --), Parry -- (DC --), Toughness --, Fortitude --, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Computo instantaneously wishes to take over the universe.
Enemy (Brainiac 5, The Legion)- Computo hates his "father".

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 4 (53)

-Hard to believe there was a time when it was a NEW thing for comics to have a benign computer turn into an evil would-be conqueror of the world. He was created by Brainiac 5 to be a mechanical assistant, but instead became a homicidal monster deveoted to creating an uprising of machines. When the Legionnaires return to Earth, it neutralizes all of their powers (using its technological expertise and information-gathering), and even kills one of Triplicate Girl's bodies! The ending is a Deux Ex Machina, as Brainiac 5 discovers an anti-matter device hidden in the ruins of the old Batcave, and defeats the villain.

-Computo is resurrected in a single LOSH issue, in which Brainy uses bits of it to help out the sister of Jacques Foccart- this of course resurrects Computo entirely, and he possesses the little girl's body and lays waste to Legion HQ, holding off the entire team with their own defenses (even Element Lad cannot surpass the constantly-regenerating substance around Computo's "lair", and powerful members like Mon-El & Ultra Boy are dealt with quickly). Only Jacques injesting the "Invisible Kid" formula allows them to save the day, injecting something-or-other into Computo and negating the threat.

-Brainy resurrects Computo AGAIN, but this time everything works out, and it becomes the "Majordomo" and assistant to the Legion in their HQ. Danielle Foccart also retains just enough of the old programming to become "Computo II", a Legion Academy hopeful. Years later, an army of Computo replicas attacks Bismoll, but are fought off by Matter-Eater Lad and the Legion of Substitute Heroes. When Brainy leaves the Legion during "Five Years Later", he uses a mini-Computo that looks like Validus, but the Dominators use it to form their enforcer, B.I.O.N.

-The "Reboot" era see a new C.O.M.P.U.T.O. (now it MEANS something! Not just "Regular Word + O", which is a CLASSIC dumb Silver Age Name). This one is again invented by Brainiac, in an attempt to get the team out of the 20th Century, where they are trapped. C.O.M.P.U.T.O. successfully gets them back to the future, but of course goes evil. It is stopped quickly, but actually takes human form as the Presidential Advisor, becoming an "Evil Vizier" in the service of Ra's al-Ghul (who's still alive in the 30th Century). When the villain loses, C.O.M.P.U.T.O. returns to lead the computer nation of Robotica.

-The New 52 also uses some form of C.O.M.P.U.T.O., but it's just a nickname for the "Brainaic AI" in the pod that brought an infant Kal-El to Earth.

-Computo really lacks much in the way of stats, though it can take almost any form- a Giant Robot, a human-sized Android, etc.
Jabroniville

Prince Evillo

Post by Jabroniville »

PRINCE EVILLO
Created By:
E. Nelson Bridwell & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #350 (Nov. 1966)
Home Planet: Tartarus
Eras: Original Only
Role: Super-Wizard, One-Off Foe

-... Prince EVILLO? REALLY? Good LORD DC over-used the "-O" names in the Silver Age.

-Evillo is the Prince of Tartarus, who ruled this perpetually-dark world with an iron fist. It was a haven for criminals, and Evillo himself was such a douchebag that he siphoned evil off of criminals, and used it to CORRUPT THE INNOCENT! He and his henchmen ("The Devil's Dozen") committed crimes on other worlds, but they come across the Legion. He is beaten by Dream Girl & Star Boy in disguise (as "Miss Terious" and "Sir Prize"). He never reappears (save for one "Five Years Later" story, apparently), but Legion of Three Worlds names him among the corpses used by Mordru as minions, so he's probably dead by Mordru's hand.

-He's a... magicky-powered Magic Guy who's made only one appearance, so I'm calling him unstattable. He can use Hypnosis and fire "Dark Rays" owing to a machine in his HQ, but he's otherwise a Magic Villain.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Emerald Empress! Validus! Composite Superman! Computo!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Nitpicky questions that only really matter to weirdos like me:

1) For my Archives, should I include the Legion's foes under their own heading, or just throw them in with the rest of DC's villains?

2) When I do Disney Builds again, should I go in chronological order of Film Releases, or do it my normal way (jump around eras, separating the "big names")?
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:16 am 2) When I do Disney Builds again, should I go in chronological order of Film Releases, or do it my normal way (jump around eras, separating the "big names")?
I think you should go with whatever way is comfortable. I usually like to go chronologically, but it becomes a chore after a while.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Davies

Re: Prince Evillo

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 am -Evillo is the Prince of Tartarus, who ruled this perpetually-dark world with an iron fist. It was a haven for criminals, and Evillo himself was such a douchebag that he siphoned evil off of criminals, and used it to CORRUPT THE INNOCENT! He and his henchmen ("The Devil's Dozen") committed crimes on other worlds, but they come across the Legion. He is beaten by Dream Girl & Star Boy in disguise (as "Miss Terious" and "Sir Prize"). He never reappears, but Legion of Three Worlds names him among the corpses used by Mordru as minions, so he's probably dead by Mordru's hand.
He actually did reappear during the 5YL series, where he demonstrated the ability to banish people to "the realm of darkness" where they were subjected to various tortures. Then he banished Matter-Eater Lad there, who worked out a way to escape and sort of destroyed "the realm of darkness" in the process.

I thought it was a hilarious story, I'm sorry.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:16 am 2) When I do Disney Builds again, should I go in chronological order of Film Releases, or do it my normal way (jump around eras, separating the "big names")?
I think you should go with whatever way is comfortable. I usually like to go chronologically, but it becomes a chore after a while.
Yeah, Disney had some REALLY weak periods here and there, so it could lead to some dreariness. And then all of a sudden I'd be blasting out Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King one after the other. Never mind their current Hot Streak.