Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! Composite Superman! Computo! Mordru!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:54 am
-The original Roxxas is a "Space Pirate" with any kind of gear imaginable- the kind of variable threat who is a dangerous planner, but has no chance in a pitched battle with any number of Legionnaires. Without "Prep Time", he's done. The Reboot version is a PL 12-13-ish Daxamite with the "Kryptonian Power-Set".
So much more interesting as a "Space Pirate Mastermind" than as yet another "Evil Flying Brick," I mean, I like a super-powered slug fest as much as the next comics nerd, but....
I agree with you,BG.He was MUCH more intresting (even moreso if he actually was haunted,there was no proof shown either way...) as theGenacidal "Space Pirate Admiral" than as a Xenophobic Terrorist Cell-leader.Diging his Second outfit,though.....:)
Davies

Re: Roxxas

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am-Volume Four of the Legion book sees the return of Roxxas, who is sprung from prison by the Dominators that rule Earth, and given advanced weaponry and sent after the Legion. He starts by murdering ex-member Blok as a "message" to the other Legionnaires, intending to blow them all up with a bomb when they came for the funeral... that's actually a pretty ingenious plan. He attacked, but was beaten up and arrested.
He shows up again towards the end of this continuity having been subjected to the same psychological reconditioning as Lightning Lord, now a "good" person who is portrayed as desperate to help Jan in some way. This was disturbing on a few levels.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Does anyone know the issue number of the book where he traveled back to the 20th Century on Earth-616 and founded an oil company? I’ve tried looking on both ComicVine and Wikipedia...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:19 pm Does anyone know the issue number of the book where he traveled back to the 20th Century on Earth-616 and founded an oil company? I’ve tried looking on both ComicVine and Wikipedia...
Try looking for What Now?! Issue number 2B ,Volume Badd..... :D
Ken

Re: Grimbor

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:50 am Image
Curiously, fetish clothing for the S&M crowd has't changed in 1000 years.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:29 pm
Curiously, fetish clothing for the S&M crowd has't changed in 1000 years.
I'm not sure of that,as the buckle-boot straps look new. :D
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

‘Fifty Shades of Fantastic’ the story of Sue Storm’s journey into the erotic world of the mysterious Reed Richards...
Jabroniville

White Triangle

Post by Jabroniville »

THE WHITE TRIANGLE
Created By:
Mark Waid & Tom McCraw
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #66 (March 1995)
Home Planet: Daxam
Eras: Reboot Only
Role: Racist Space Nazis

-The White Triangle are a racist organization that form up a lot of the backstory in the "Reboot" era Legion. Total strawmen, they are Daxamites that believe that all other races are "unclean", and raise their own children to be ignorant of the baiscs of biology and other sciences. They despise the United Planets, and seek its destruction- this leads to an assassination attempt on R.J. Brande (a developer of Stargates), which leads directly to the creation of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the "Reboot" timeline. The White Triangle made repeated attempts on both the Legion and the UP, and even sent their own member, Andromeda, to destroy them from within and spy on them. She eventually betrayed them after realizing that her Legion teammates were not her inferiors after all, and helped them defeat Roxxas (the White Triangle leader) and four other Daxamites, who were wreaking havoc on Earth. Roxxas & Andromeda were thought-killed, but she returned. Roxxas did not.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Why must quasi-Nazi's always wear black?Why not a bright color to show how happy they are to genocidely Eradicate you....

Also,it's nice to see the Kingdom of Koopa Keep survived 1000 years.(quickly hides behind Bladewind)
Jabroniville

Universo

Post by Jabroniville »

That is an unreasonably cock-focused look.

UNIVERSO (Vidar)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #349 (Oct. 1966)
Home Planet: Unknown
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Recurring Foe, Monocled Bad Guy, Hypnotist
PL 13 (200)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 9 (+14)
Expertise (Politics) 9 (+13)
Expertise (Space Hero) 1 (+5)
Insight 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Technology 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Daze (Deception), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Hypnotism" Affliction 13 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Progressive +2, Sustained +2) (76) -- [78]
  • AE: "Alter Memories" Affliction 12 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed) (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2, Progressive +2) (Flaws: Limited to Memories) (48)
Morph 4 (Any Form) (Flaws: Will Save) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hypnotism +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Alter Memories -- (+12 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Universo is constantly trying to take over... well, just Earth. Not the universe.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 94 / Defenses: 13 (200)

-Dear Christ, do the Legion have ANY villains with cool names? UNIVERSO?? And the whole "pointy-eared alien with monocle & Van Dyke goatee" look just isn't impressing anybody, either. He debuted as a powerful hypnotist who lures the Legion into a series of traps, but is defeated by a Time Cube invented by his son, Rond Vidar. Subsequently, he's beaten when he impersonates the new President.

-Years later, Levitz & Giffen would introduce a Retcon that Universo was once a Green Lantern, and had used Earth technology to attempt to view the beginning of time- an act outlawed millennia ago by the Guardians of the Universe. This got him stripped of his Ring (which was new to him anyways), and got the Green Lanterns barred from Earth (to explain away why there were no GLs in the Legion stories). My personal favorite part of that tale (at the tail end of The Great Darkness Saga, where it's told via Holodisk Recording) is how the GLs fight the early Legionnaires, and one of them uses her Ring to TRIPLICATE to defeat Triplicate Girl. I don't know what's funnier: that a Green Lantern Ring can allow someone to make COPIES of themselves (and let each version have their own GL Ring!)... or that a GREEN LANTERN would need to pull out a once-in-a-lifetime feat to defeat TRIPLICATE GIRL.

-He reappears later taking control of Earth again, posing as the President's right-hand man. He mentally controls all but the four Legionnaires most difficult to hypnotize- Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy & Dream Girl. He strands them far from Earth, but they return and beat him. In the "Five Years Later" era, he joins the resistance against the Dominators for selfish reasons, and allies with Leland McCauley.

-The "Reboot" era uses the character, now named Sarmon Ardeen, the cousin of Saturn Girl. He forms a new "Cult of Blood" in the 31st Century, and this draws in the Titans from the past. He later tries to leave Saturn Girl trapped in a hypnotic fantasy scenario, but she reverses it on him.

-Legion of Three Worlds features the renewed Silver Age character, who casually watches his son (now a GL himself) murdered, and joins Superboy-Prime's Legion of Super-Villains. Despite featuring a lot in the early part of the story, he barely appears by the end. The "New 52" shows him doing his "Disguised as the President" act again.

-Universo is a very powerful mentalist whose specialty is in controlling minds- he can usually do this to 95% of the Legion, since, as always, Mind Control Always Works In Comics.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Leland McCauley

Post by Jabroniville »

LELAND McCAULEY IV
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Mike Grell
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #214 (Jan. 1976)
Home Planet: Earth
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Evil Rich Guy
PL 3 (62)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 8 (+12)
Expertise (Business) 9 (+14)
Insight 5 (+8)
Perception 2 (+5)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+9)

Advantages:
Benefit 5 (Wealth), Connected

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications: 
Rivalry (The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Rivalry (R.J. Brande)- McCauley envies Brande tremendously, and has often sought to kill him.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (62)

-With R.J. Brande as that rarity in comics- the Good-Natured Wealthy Benefactor- it was perhaps inevitable that he'd gain an Evil Industrialist Rival in Leland McCauley. Leland III was a short-lived nuisance who carried a grudge against Brande (due to envy) and his beloved Legion, but his son, Leland IV, became the chief nuisance, hiring an assassin who tried to kill Brande. In the "Five Years Later" era, he invented an Omnicom device that many Legionnaires used to store & send messages, and his cousin Celeste joined the Legion as "Rockfish". He helps out Earth in the resistance against the Dominators, but still carries a grudge against the Legion, attempting to turn the Fatal Five into his own personal super-villains (they reject his rule).

-The "Reboot" era saw another Leland McCauley, resembling Leland IV, but not called that. He funded his own rival team to the Legion, called Workforce, which contained a few "Silver Age" Legionnaires like Karate Kid & Ultra Boy, as well as Lightning Lad (who was lured away from the Legion). After the "Legion Lost" thing ended, he showed up as President of the United Planets, but this turned out to be Ra's al-Ghul, still alive in the 30th Century, and having killed the real McCauley an indeterminate time ago.

-With the original continuity, Pre-"Five Years Later", reinstituted, McCauley showed up on Geoff Johns's writing, as he assassinates R.J. Brande, turning to dust afterwards- it's implied that the Time Trapper had something to do with this. A "Leland McCauley" showed up in a recent Battle For The Cowl Batman story (set in the 21st Century), being shot in the head after getting involved in some wealthy power game.

-Greedy, amoral and lusting for more power, McCauley is one of the most recurring character-types in comics- The Evil Businessman. Not an exciting statline, but someone who can cause WORLDS of trouble for super-heroes, owing to his tremendous reach.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by Hoid »

AH, comic book hypnotism. It may as well be a psychic ability, the way it’s depicted.
danelsan

Re: White Triangle

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:56 pm Total strawmen, they are Daxamites that believe that all other races are "unclean", and raise their own children to be ignorant of the baiscs of biology and other sciences.
I don't know, man. Maybe it was just edgy assholes trolling, but the internet has shown me that some people just might be that stupid...
Davies

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by Davies »

I think you are seriously lowballing Universo's Will defense.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 pm Why must quasi-Nazi's always wear black?Why not a bright color to show how happy they are to genocidely Eradicate you....
How else would we know that they’re the baddies?