Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Eradikator 6

Post by HalloweenJack »

Davies wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:13 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:09 am Image
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the horns on the sides of its head make it look like the original Death's Head?
I can see it, yes.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Witches 5! Kaolinite! Sailor Saturn! Pharaoh 90!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so Google Image Search failed me and that's actually a picture of LAZARUS, which is why Eradikator 6 looked different in each pic. Thanks, MC48!
Jabroniville

Assassin (Mimeyoshi)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ASSASSIN II (aka Mimeyoshi)
Created By:
Ron Marz & Chris Hunter
First Appearance: Namor The Sub-Mariner Annual #3 (1993)
Role: Robotic Killer
PL 10 (122)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 3 (+7, +9 Attractive)

Advantages:
Attractive, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Android Body"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 10 [10]
"Self-Destruct" Damage 10 (Flaws: Side-Effect +2) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Apocalypse's Will)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 6 (121)

1993 saw the production of a series of Annuals in the Marvel Universe, each of which featured a brand-new character, and was packaged with a trading card featuring that character. In almost every case, these characters were horrible one-offs and almost none of them ever reappeared. Most are extremely dated to their early-1990s point of creation.

-Creatively called "The Assassin", this is the creation of Apocalypse, who wanted to have an agent for espionage work. And then, of course, Apocalypse targetted Namor. She seduced and murdered a Japanese friend of Namor's, then kissed Namor- injecting him with a drug. Thus hampered, he lost a fight, and was about to be turned into an agent of Apocalypse, but he freed himself. During the subsequent fight, the Assassin activated a self-destruct mechanism, but not only did Namor survive, but so did she- she was seen walking along the ocean floor. She, of course, has never reappeared, despite being a potentially useful agent for Apocalypse in any number of the stories he's appeared in since then.

-She's... vaguely-powerful, I guess? A one-off robot strong enough to fight Namor twice and survive. It's a bit weird, and annoying since Namor's incredibly powerful and could thus wipe out most PL 8 one-offs in a single round. So she's gotta be PL 10, just by that small track record alone.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Oh, I found the back of the Eradikator 6's card:
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ahhhh yeah the Assassin. I got that comic for Christmas with a buncha others ordered from a catalogue (remember when people did that?) and I always liked the Assassin. I spent many a time mas....tering the art of reading that comic.

also....Apocalypse fears tables
Jabroniville

The X-Cutioner

Post by Jabroniville »

THE X-CUTIONER (Carl Denti)
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & John Romita, Jr.
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men Annual #17 (1993)
Role: Failed Assassin, '90s Villain
PL 9 (141)
STRENGTH
2/7 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Deception 5 (+6)
Expertise (Assassin) 4 (+6)
Expertise (FBI Agent) 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Investigation 6 (+8)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+10)
Technology 5 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Contacts, Equipment 4 (Assorted Weapons), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"X-Cutioner Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [39]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
"Shi'ar Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Force Field" Force Field 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Sentinel Flight Boosters" Flight 5 (120 mph) (10)
Senses 1 (Infravision) (1)
Teleport 6 (Extras: Accurate, Extended) (18)
-- (48 points)

Equipment:
"Alien Weapons"
"Blasters" Blast 6 (12) -- (13)
AE: "Spear Thingie" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach, Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Armour +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Spear +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Blasters +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armour, +8 Force Field, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Killers)- Denti believes that he must kill people (especially mutants) who have killed others. This leads him against a dying Mastermind (a victim of the Legacy Virus), and a comatose Emma Frost. He also went after Skin of Generation-X, assuming he had murdered Angelo Espinosa (who was actually Skin after all). 

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 9 (141)

1993 saw the production of a series of Annuals in the Marvel Universe, each of which featured a brand-new character, and was packaged with a trading card featuring that character. In almost every case, these characters were horrible one-offs and almost none of them ever reappeared. Most are extremely dated to their early-1990s point of creation.

-The X-Cutioner's a pretty terrible character, coming out in the same X-Annuals as "Adam-X, The X-Treme" (their advertising point was that they featured brand-new characters sold with hologram trading cards), sharing the same name as the crossover the X-books had a few months back by that point. He was a silly-looking green guy with an FBI background who went crazy and started hunting mutants who'd killed people, coming into problems with various super-heroes. His time wasn't long, and he entered X-Limbo after appearing in a handful of side X-books.

-Carl Denti's FBI partner was a contact of Charles Xavier's- he discovered this guy's stockade of mutant-related weaponry, and used them on his own personal mission. This being a '90s comic, he was of course an ultra-violent, murderous vigilante prepared to kill anyone who got in his way- he first murdered X-side character Tower (late of the Alliance of Evil), and then went for Mastermind, who'd only recently recovered from the coma he'd entered when the Dark Phoenix unleashed itself on his fragile mortal mind. He next targeted a comatose White Queen, but was foiled by Cyclops & Cable (this was their first team-up upon realizing their familial bond). Later, he'd attempted to murder Generation-X's Skin for the killing of Angelo Espinosa- he didn't know that the "murder victim" and Skin were one and the same person. In his most-recent appearance, he was messed up with X-Man, Punisher, Gambit & Rogue, and encountered ANOTHER X-Cutioner wielding similar gear. He hasn't been seen in more than sixteen years by this point.

-A pretty decent PL 9 actually, with good accuracy & defense and reasonable power. He's a minor-league skill-monkey, but his major problem is a lack of focus; he's a good fighter in melee or at range, but he doesn't really have a whole lot ELSE to him. No major energy blast or massive skill-set, or anything like that. He's pretty much easy pickin's for a team of even PL 8 guys because of that.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Driz- I mean, Khaos

Post by Jabroniville »

Original Character- DO NOT STEAL

KHAOS
Created By:
Evan Skolnik
First Appearance: Excalibur Annual #1 (July 1993)
Role: EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEME Fantasy Character
Group Affiliations: Unnamed Adventuring Party
PL 8 (134)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Mercenary) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown

Powers:
"Dark Elf Physiology"
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Regeneration 2 [2]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

"Twin Technomagic Swords" (Feats: Restricted to Magical Beings) (Extras: Summonable From Anywhere) (Flaws: Easily Removable) [15]
Energy Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17) -- (18 points)
  • AE: "Sword Slash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Affects Insubstantial, Improved Critical, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 6) (12)
"IBIC" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [10]
Magiacl Blast 6 (12)
"Analyze Magic" Senses 4 (Magical Sense- Acute, Analytical) (4)
-- (16 points)

"Winged Technomagical Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [7]
Protection 2 (2)
Flight 6 (Flaws: Winged) (6)
-- (8 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Energy Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Ghath)
Responsibility (Irth)- Khaos is destined to bring peace to his embattled homeworld.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 11 (134)

-A Dark Elf child of royal birth named Khaos was stolen away by "Fair Elven" royalty on the world of "Irth" (a "technomagical" Alternate Universe Earth), but eventually became a mercenary wielding a pair of energy swords. A pretty decent origin story, he nonetheless looks like a pretty bad example of the Iron Age of comics, as he's all covered in armor and has cyborg-lookin' junk on him. Khaos ended up being sent to regular Earth, where he allied with Excalibur (after the requisite brawl), defeating his enemy, a sorcerer named Ghath. His creator, Evan Skolnik, created him based off of a Dungeons & Dragons character he's created as a teen- excuse me while i go seek medical attention for the sheer amount of shock I am feeling after discovering this fact.

-Khaos is actually from that series of 1993 Annuals that each saw a new character introduced- most of whom never really mattered. Along with him were guys like the X-Cutioner and Adam-X, the X-Treme. Every single one of these guys packed a horde of '90s cliches onto him, and are probably better at defining that era of comics than anyone outside of Image Comics.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scots Dragon

Re: Driz- I mean, Khaos

Post by Scots Dragon »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 am His creator, Evan Skolnik, created him based off of a Dungeons & Dragons character he's created as a teen- excuse me while i go seek medical attention for the sheer amount of shock I am feeling after discovering this fact.
I am actually kind of surprised, since Evan Skolnick was actually out of his teens when Drizzt was introduced.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Scots Dragon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:48 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 am His creator, Evan Skolnik, created him based off of a Dungeons & Dragons character he's created as a teen- excuse me while i go seek medical attention for the sheer amount of shock I am feeling after discovering this fact.
I am actually kind of surprised, since Evan Skolnick was actually out of his teens when Drizzt was introduced.
I don't think he was modeled EXACTLY off of Drizzt.OK,the look i'll give you that one,but his attitude in the story was completely different(i'll assume it was due to being raised in a different Elvish Culture)....He was a bit of a tool,honestly.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Elric of Melniboné was inspiring Drizzt Do‘Overs decades before Drizzt had been created. Drizzt, himself, is just a more action-oriented and (slightly) less morose copy of Elric.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 am
Elric of Melniboné was inspiring Drizzt Do‘Overs decades before Drizzt had been created. Drizzt, himself, is just a more action-oriented and (slightly) less morose copy of Elric.
I'm well aware of the Elric influence, enough to know that he himself isn't even the originator of his own tropes since he's inspired largely by Finnish mythology, but the two-swords wielding dark elf is kinda specific.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 am
I personally thought Elric had too much baggage to make an effective character imho....
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 am I personally thought Elric had too much baggage to make an effective character imho....
Well his enduring fandom and success as an iconic fantasy character would mean that some clearly disagree.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Scots Dragon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 am I personally thought Elric had too much baggage to make an effective character imho....
Well his enduring fandom and success as an iconic fantasy character would mean that some clearly disagree.
I think MacynSnow meant that he wouldn't make an effective Player Character in a role-playing game. Unless you had a really, really, really good Game Master.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Scots Dragon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 am
Bg's right on the money,and to put it into perspective, your talking to somebody who reads Stephen King on a regular basis so i'm fairly familiar with overloaded character baggage and he seemed a little to excessive to me,but to each their own tastes.....:D