Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (F.A.N.G.! Demitri! Victor! Sasquatch! Felicia! Talbain!)

Post by Batgirl III »

This seems relevant.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Batgirl III wrote:This seems relevant.

That's amazing. I'd play this game.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Morrigan

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

MORRIGAN AENSLAND
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games, Marvel (vs) Capcom 3, SNK (vs) Capcom 2, Tatsunoki (vs) Capcom
Home Country: Scotland
Role: The Main Character, Miss Fanservice
PL 10 (166)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+16)
Deception 5 (+10, +15 Attractive)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 1 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+7, +12 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Soul Fist) 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Benefit 4 (Queen of All Demons), Daze (Deception), Evasion, Fascination (Deception), Improved Critical (Soul Fist), Improved Critical (Shadow Blade), Improved Critical (Vector Drain), Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Startle, Uncanny Dodge

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Succubus Physiology"
Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Special Moves"
"Soul Fist" Blast 5 (Reduced Defenses 1) (8) -- [10]
  • AE: "Shadow Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Vector Drain- Grab, Drain & Slam" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Soul Fist +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications: 
Motivation (Having Fun)- Morrigan just likes to mess around and have a good time. Succubi will literally die without mental or physical stimulation.
Responsibility (The Makai Throne)- Despite her fun-loving nature, Morrigan is the heir to the Makai, and thus has a tremendous responsibility.
Weakness (Predictability)- Morrigan, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 21 + 13 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 21 (166)

-Holy HELLLLLLLLLL did they knock one out of the park with that design! A slinky, seductive Succubus in a black & purple outfit with mint-green hair? YUP. Morrigan pretty much instantly became the most popular character of the series, especially after the shock value of Felicia's insane design wore off. She's the daughter of Belial Aensland, who split off three aspects of his power. Despite her great power and important role (she's apparently the heir to the Makai throne), she's a fun-loving sort who frequently abandons her throne to go into the human world. It's implied she just goes out and bones people. Which, as you might imagine, does not hurt the character's popularity with fans. Chances are, if you see any Darkstalkers fan-art, 90% of it features Morrigan.

-Morrigan also became famous for the dated-ness of her character sprite. While amazing and lusty in 1994, the years were VERY unkind to this pixely creation, and so when Capcom recycled it not only for all of the Darkstalkers sequels, but for a couple of the VS. games of the early 2000s, people were QUITE unimpressed. I mean, she was a 6-8 year old sprite sitting next to state-of-the-art Ryu, Ken & Chun-Li sprites, in addition to a completely revamped set of SNK characters! It was like throwing 8-bit Mario into Super Mario World!

Monster Basis: Succubi are female demons said to drain the souls of lustful men. The male version is the much-rarer Incubus. They are very similar to earlier myths of Sirens that lead men to their dooms. Some folklore states that Succubi used to, uh, utilize the seed of the men they seduced in order to impregnate human females, thus allowing demons to "breed". Morrigan was supposed to originally be a vampire like Demitri, hence all the "bat"-related stuff on her, such as wings. And she just of just acts like a witch with Ryu's moveset.

-Like Demitri, Morrigan is an obvious Shotoclone, with a couple of moves that act as "short-jumps" (Leaping). Not a terribly exciting fighter, really. Just way more "Accuracy-Focused" than the other characters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Huh. Is this the first time that, instead of people asking why such and such hotties don't have the Attractive advantage, there is a character who has the advantage but some people (well, just me and drkrash) saying she is not really hot? I mean, sure, Jab will give Cyclone Attractive 50 as (sort of) a joke, but nobody then put contrary opinions XD.

As for online play, I don't like it. If I have to play against someone I don't even know, might as well play against the computer so Idon't have to deal with lag. That said, on the few occasions I did so, yeah, destroyed. This is partly on purpose: for and most of my friends, actually studying frame data, learning massive combos that eat away most of the opponent's life bar, becoming an expert in small percent of characters and only play those, and other stuff that could make us better players would make the games less enjoyable.

Still, it is a notable thing that even if you can beat the computer at the highest difficulty, that doesn't mean much when dealing with another human. The behaviors are very different. And humans don't get to rely on input-reading ;)

Also:
A 6'8" female (oh shut up, you can't be surprised) bodyguard using Jeet Kune Do as part of her job. Fights in order to gain fame and a high-paying client (a lot of bragging rights in hiring a Champion martial artist). Cocky, snide and prone to humiliating male opponents (shut up). Moves: Chokeslam, Face Grab & Slam, Suplexes, High Kick, Frankensteiner
The only surprising things here is that style with those moves! Yeah, using what works for you is pretty core to the philosophy of Jeet Kune Do*, but every practitioner I've seen tries to emulate Bruce to some extent.

*And the SF RPG did allow it to learn moves from outside the style at a higher cost (let it never be said that the game, for all that it was fun, didn't have some balance issues).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote:This seems relevant.

I'd play it.

Thank God there's no fan service in the designs.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sasquatch! Felicia! Talbain! Rikuo! Morrigan!)

Post by Spectrum »

I'm still getting a broken link to that game.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

danelsan wrote:Huh. Is this the first time that, instead of people asking why such and such hotties don't have the Attractive advantage, there is a character who has the advantage but some people (well, just me and drkrash) saying she is not really hot?
The nature of the character is that she goes around seducing men, and personal reactions to the character design not withstanding, she's suppossed to be really attractive in universe. At least the universe that isn't the Saturday morning cartoon. As such, for representing what the character is and does, yeah, she should have it.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Ken wrote:
danelsan wrote:Huh. Is this the first time that, instead of people asking why such and such hotties don't have the Attractive advantage, there is a character who has the advantage but some people (well, just me and drkrash) saying she is not really hot?
The nature of the character is that she goes around seducing men, and personal reactions to the character design not withstanding, she's suppossed to be really attractive in universe. At least the universe that isn't the Saturday morning cartoon. As such, for representing what the character is and does, yeah, she should have it.
Okay, since when Felicia goes around seducing men?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The comments were posted right after Morrigan's build, and didn't name names. The mistake was an easy one to make :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

What Jab said. Without names, I assumed it was a reference to Morigan.

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

danelsan wrote:Okay, since when Felicia goes around seducing men?
When they have fish? ;~)
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

danelsan wrote:Huh. Is this the first time that, instead of people asking why such and such hotties don't have the Attractive advantage, there is a character who has the advantage but some people (well, just me and drkrash) saying she is not really hot? I mean, sure, Jab will give Cyclone Attractive 50 as (sort of) a joke, but nobody then put contrary opinions XD.
Hey, hey, now! I never said Morrigan wasn't hot. She's just slutty-hot, not cute-hot. :)

And when load screens with Morrigan art come up with my boys watching, I'm mentally trying to make the PS load faster...

In defense of Jab, given his very specific rules for the Attractive Advantage, it is appropriate that she has it and Felicia doesn't.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Ken

Post by Ken »

drkrash wrote:
danelsan wrote:Huh. Is this the first time that, instead of people asking why such and such hotties don't have the Attractive advantage, there is a character who has the advantage but some people (well, just me and drkrash) saying she is not really hot? I mean, sure, Jab will give Cyclone Attractive 50 as (sort of) a joke, but nobody then put contrary opinions XD.
Hey, hey, now! I never said Morrigan wasn't hot. She's just slutty-hot, not cute-hot. :)

And when load screens with Morrigan art come up with my boys watching, I'm mentally trying to make the PS load faster...

In defense of Jab, given his very specific rules for the Attractive Advantage, it is appropriate that she has it and Felicia doesn't.
Actually, Jab did give it to Felicia. Just at 1 rank instead of 2. But since in universe she's a would-be pop idol/music sensation, it again makes sense that yes, she knows how to use her looks to Persuade and Deceive people. The truly, truly gifted performers can get by on just musical talent. But the vast majority of music sensations are people who can, on some level, seduce the audience - make at least some of the audience believe they would have a chance with the performer.

danelsan

Post by danelsan »

drkrash wrote:Hey, hey, now! I never said Morrigan wasn't hot.
Really? I know. Felicia is the "is it the first time someone with Attractive has been called out on maybe not needing to have it instead of all the times people ask why such and such don't have it?" I am talking about. You know, the one both you and I were talking about being "cute" instead of "hot"? The one you just said wouldn't have it "by Jab's very specific rules" but clearly has it?

Argh, Never mind. I give up.

*goes to make a Lunar with a cat totem for his next Exalted game*
Jabroniville

Lord Raptor

Post by Jabroniville »

LORD RAPTOR (aka Zabel Zarock)
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games
Home Country: Australia
Role: Zombie Rock God
PL 10 (157)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+16)
Deception 5 (+10)
Expertise (Rock Star) 7 (+12)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Evil Scream), Improved Critical (Skull Punish), Improved Critical (Loudness Screw), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Uncanny Dodge, Ultimate Rock Star

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Ghoulish Physiology"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Death Voltage" Features: Adds Electrical Damage to Moves [1]

"Special Moves"
"Evil Scream" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) (Inaccurate -1) (3) -- [6]
  • AE: "Loudness Screw/Death Hurricane" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Hell's Gate" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Skull Punish- Grab & Slam" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)- Lord Raptor sacrifices his own life, and those of numerous fans, in order to gain more power. Now he wishes to take the power of all the Darkstalkers as well.
Weakness (Predictability)- Raptor, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 9 + 13 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 21 (157)

-Lord Raptor is another one of those terrific designs that is perfect right out of the gate- a zombie is a plain enough monster, but they turned this guy into a ROCK STAR, throwing in a guitar, British Punk gear, and a freakin' mouth in his belly! He's a rock star who got turned demonic, taking his own life and those of his fans for eternal power, but then decided to just take over the Demon World anyway, usually while snarking at or insulting all of his foes... well, he's not that well-rounded of a character, but WHO CARES: Zombie Rock God, everyone!

Monster Basis: Lord Raptor looks pretty much like a zombie or a ghoul. Zombies are part of Haitian "Voodoo" mythology, though it was often more about resurrecting or drugging people into being your slaves than the modern-day concept of "Hungry Undead" (witch doctors were believed to drug people so that they appeared dead, then corral their bodies from funeral homes or whatever, and put them to work... other times they'd just raise the dead for the same stuff). Ghouls ("ghuls") are part of Arabic folklore- they are savage, human-like Djinn creatures driven by a desire to eat flesh- they appear frequently in European stories after the publication of One Thousand and One Nights. Naturally, the two concepts kind of coalesced after a point, especially once the 1970s saw a huge surge in "Zombie" movies (George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead is the most popular "originator", but he took a lot from 1950s comics). Zombies are, of course, also INSANELY POPULAR RIGHT NOW, with basically everything needing a Zombies sub-heading, to the point where I'm so absolutely sick of the damn things that I never want to read another Zombie thing ever again.

-Lord Raptor himself also makes reference to the infamous "Satanic Panic" of the 1970s & '80s, where "Concerned Parents" began attacking heavy metal bands for Satanic imagery, and blamed them for the suicides of numerous children. It actually took a great deal of work, and some investigations by high-level government figures, to show that several of these rock groups were NOT, in fact, in league with the devil, and were NOT trying to get the people who buy their albums to kill themselves.

-Lord Raptor fights by transforming his body into various bladed instruments- usually pikes, chainsaws and buzzsaws. He does a lot of jumping around, and his "Death Voltage" attack gives him a great amount of coverage because the range seems so wide.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.