Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sasquatch! Felicia! Talbain! Rikuo! Morrigan!)

Post by drkrash »

danelsan wrote:
drkrash wrote:Hey, hey, now! I never said Morrigan wasn't hot.
Really? I know. Felicia is the "is it the first time someone with Attractive has been called out on maybe not needing to have it instead of all the times people ask why such and such don't have it?" I am talking about. You know, the one both you and I were talking about being "cute" instead of "hot"? The one you just said wouldn't have it "by Jab's very specific rules" but clearly has it?

Argh, Never mind. I give up.

*goes to make a Lunar with a cat totem for his next Exalted game*
I dunno; I'm confused now. I don't know what the hell's going on.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I don't know how I'm supposed to keep track of anything with Morrigan and a zombie rock demon and Morrigan around.
And Morrigan.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (F.A.N.G.! Demitri! Victor! Sasquatch! Felicia! Talbain!)

Post by Jabroniville »

danelsan wrote:Huh. Is this the first time that, instead of people asking why such and such hotties don't have the Attractive advantage, there is a character who has the advantage but some people (well, just me and drkrash) saying she is not really hot? I mean, sure, Jab will give Cyclone Attractive 50 as (sort of) a joke, but nobody then put contrary opinions XD.
Danelsan said this after I posted Morrigan, making everyone think he was talking about Morrigan. But he was actually referring to Felicia, who some had argued didn't need the "Attractive" Advantage (me, I got nothin'- I don't know much about the "fluff" for this series). That's the source of everyone's confusion. He just didn't mention the NAME of the character in question.
As for online play, I don't like it. If I have to play against someone I don't even know, might as well play against the computer so Idon't have to deal with lag. That said, on the few occasions I did so, yeah, destroyed. This is partly on purpose: for and most of my friends, actually studying frame data, learning massive combos that eat away most of the opponent's life bar, becoming an expert in small percent of characters and only play those, and other stuff that could make us better players would make the games less enjoyable.

Still, it is a notable thing that even if you can beat the computer at the highest difficulty, that doesn't mean much when dealing with another human. The behaviors are very different. And humans don't get to rely on input-reading ;)
Reminds me of playing SNK (vs) Capcom at my University arcade (it no longer has one, of course). I was pretty good with timing and skill... but I couldn't input Special Moves for shit, and I certainly didn't know my "Tiers". So I was good... but "could almost beat the Asian kids" good.

The only surprising things here is that style with those moves! Yeah, using what works for you is pretty core to the philosophy of Jeet Kune Do*, but every practitioner I've seen tries to emulate Bruce to some extent.
Heh- yeah, I came up with her fighting style after coming up with the character and most of her moves. To be fair, Street Fighter has about as much to do with legitimate martial arts styles as THIS does, especially when it comes to the Special Moves (I don't recall most karate students being taunt how to throw their Chi out as a giant energy blast, nor spin in place while in mid-air with their foot sticking out). The style is mostly reflected through their basic moves; not Specials (the real Bruce didn't use a Flaming Dragon Kick, naturally). Though I'm not sure how effective a Frankensteiner would be from a 6'8" person.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

L-Space wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:LOL- speaking of, I used to do that all the time as a kid, too! All of my heroes were named "Grant _____", and were of course SUPER-huge and muscular. My World Wide Warriors (obviously an SF riff) hero was a mini-Zangief, doing awesome and athletic super-moves. And his girlfriend was in the game, and a curious mix of all the things I thought were awesome back then (a short-ish, athletic, busty woman with a sweet attitude and platinum blonde hair like Melody from Josie and the Pussycats... and her name was Melody).
Wow your tastes really got flipped on their heads while growing up :D.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who did that, used to do it with all the superheroes I dreamt up too.
Hey, I'm still into Nice Girls. Heck, Horsenhero & I once got into a debate about something like that, because I was going on and on about how good girls like Mary Marvel & Cyclone are rad, and he preferred Bad Girls. My love for big mean broads like Thundra, nasty girls like Vidia, and angry MILFs like Debra Barone are... okay, I think that's my new normal.

But I still love Good Girls, dammit! I just have a weakness for ALL types of women :)!
RomanMetal

Re: Ibuki

Post by RomanMetal »

Psistrike wrote:
Batgirl III wrote:
Doctor Malsyn wrote:
...I'd say it was working. Love her look though, assless gi or no assless gi. Distinctly "ninja" without hitting the more stereotypical look.
My hakama brings all the boys to the dojo
And their like,
It's better than mojo
Damn right it's better than mojo
I could assassinate you,
But I'd have to charge.
Bwahahaha! :lol: Thanks, Batgirl III, I needed a laugh today.
Me too! :)
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Wait, Morrigan is a video game character?! I thought she escaped from hentai anime!
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

B.B. HOOD (Baby Bonnie Hood, aka Bulleta)
First Appearance:
Vampire Savior (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers 3, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2
Home Country: Unknown
Role: Insane Little Girl, Gun-Wielding Psychopath
PL 10 (160)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 10 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+16)
Deception 7 (+10)
Expertise (Demon Hunter) 12 (+14)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 8 (+11)

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Missiles), Improved Critical (Sentimental Typhoon), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 7, Uncanny Dodge, Ultimate Demon Hunter

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Double Jump" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Special Basket" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [8]
"Missile Attacks" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses 1, Diminished Range -1) (9) -- (13 points)
  • AE: "Cheer and Fire- Flaming Wine Glass" Damage 5 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (6)
  • AE: "Shyness and Strike- Spinning Basket Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
  • AE: "Sentimental Typhoon- Spinning Toss" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Automatic Weapons" Blast 4 (Diminished Range -2) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Automatic Weapons +14 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Missiles +14 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- B.B. Hood is a well-paid Demon Hunter, out to slay as many Darkstalkers as possible, and sell their body parts to high bidders.
Weakness (Predictability)- B.B. Hood, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 + 13 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 17 (160)

-B.B. Hood was an odd choice for the third Darkstalkers game- the other characters were monsters of myth & legend. But RED RIDING HOOD?? But Capcom went in an odd direction, turning the Wolf's victim into an insane "Demon Hunter", hired to kill Darkstalkers and sell their bodies & organs to high bidders with dark intentions. B.B. Hood is a high-level hunter- so dangerous that she rivals the Darkstalkers themselves, and impresses even Jedah himself.

Monster Basis: B.B. is of course based off of Red Riding Hood, a tale of a young girl who is easily tricked by a talking wolf in drag. Despite being a pretty simple story, it's been retold COUNTLESS times, partially thanks to the enduring legacy of the Big Bad Wolf as a villain.

-B.B. is a bit tricky, as she's a Gadget-Based fighter, as opposed to most of the others. This gives her a points discount in M&M... but of course you can't actually REMOVE her gear in the video game! This is a recurring issue when dealing with Video Game-to-RPG Transfers, considering all of her gear is in that little basket. B.B. is around PL 9.5 as a fighter, and a bit on the weak side (the lowest in the game, at only +3 Unarmed Damage), but makes up for it by being the only Darkstalker with a PL 10 Ranged Attack in her regular arsenal. Her elite skillset actually makes her pricier than numerous inhuman Darkstalkers too, humorously enough.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote:
L-Space wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:LOL- speaking of, I used to do that all the time as a kid, too! All of my heroes were named "Grant _____", and were of course SUPER-huge and muscular. My World Wide Warriors (obviously an SF riff) hero was a mini-Zangief, doing awesome and athletic super-moves. And his girlfriend was in the game, and a curious mix of all the things I thought were awesome back then (a short-ish, athletic, busty woman with a sweet attitude and platinum blonde hair like Melody from Josie and the Pussycats... and her name was Melody).
Wow your tastes really got flipped on their heads while growing up :D.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who did that, used to do it with all the superheroes I dreamt up too.
Hey, I'm still into Nice Girls. Heck, Horsenhero & I once got into a debate about something like that, because I was going on and on about how good girls like Mary Marvel & Cyclone are rad, and he preferred Bad Girls. My love for big mean broads like Thundra, nasty girls like Vidia, and angry MILFs like Debra Barone are... okay, I think that's my new normal.

But I still love Good Girls, dammit! I just have a weakness for ALL types of women :)!

nothing wrong with good girls at all....especially when they can be corrupted into bad girls.

.....what?
Jabroniville

Lilith

Post by Jabroniville »

LILITH
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers 3 (1997)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers 3
Home Country: Scotland
Role: Proof That Capcom is SICK- SICK I TELL YOU
PL 10 (137)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+16)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+6)
Insight 2 (+2)
Perception 5 (+5)
Persuasion 5 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Soul Flash) 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Evasion, Improved Critical (Soul Flash), Improved Critical (Shining Blade), Improved Critical (Mystic Arrow), Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Uncanny Dodge

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Succubus Physiology"
Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Special Moves"
"Soul Flash" Blast 4 (Reduced Defenses 1) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: "Shining Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Merry Turn" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Mystic Arrow- Fires Enemy Like Arrow From Bow-like Wings" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Special Moves +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Soul Fist +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Having Fun)- Lilith just likes to mess around and have a good time. Succubi will literally die without mental or physical stimulation.
Relationship (Morrigan)- Lilith is the other half of Morrigan's soul; the two act like sisters.
Weakness (Predictability)- Lilith, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 12 + 13 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 22 (137)

-EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW.

-SERIOUSLY. What in the HOLY HELL was Capcom thinking with this one? The character of Lilith has absolutely made my skin crawl since her debut in 1997. I mean, really- a sexualized CHILD? Not just a teenager with an adult's body type, but a scrawny, flat-chested KID? A tiny girl with a squeaky "little girl voice" who still stands like FRIGGIN' MORRIGAN? And don't tell me they ain't sexualizing her- several of her in-game poses and Super Moves consist of her losing clothing (with "Splendor Love", she actually gets NAKED) or standing in coquettish "oh SEMPAI" poses (one Super involves her dressing up as a Playboy Bunny). She's like if Krieger's techno-girlfriend in Archer was afflicted with TEN THOUSAND MORE KINDS OF "WRONG"!!! Lilith is, in short, a symbol of everything that people stereotype about Japanese culture, and the weird focus on underage girls. In short, whoever designed this character should be in jail. I feel like I need a scalding shower just for having to type her name into Google Image Search.

-So Lilith (UGH) is the spawn of Belial, who split his daughter Morrigan's soul in two so that she would not be overwhelmed by her tremendous power levels. Lilith was the split-off, and so acts as Morrigan's "sister", who wants to find her "way home" after the evil Jedah created her to lure Morrigan to him.

-Lilith stats up like a slightly worse Morrigan, having less in the way of Mental Abilities, Strength or Toughness.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: Lilith

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: -SERIOUSLY. What in the HOLY HELL was Capcom thinking with this one? The character of Lilith has absolutely made my skin crawl since her debut in 1997. I mean, really- a sexualized CHILD? Not just a teenager with an adult's body type, but a scrawny, flat-chested KID? A tiny girl with a squeaky "little girl voice" who still stands like FRIGGIN' MORRIGAN? And don't tell me they ain't sexualizing her- several of her in-game poses and Super Moves consist of her losing clothing (with "Splendor Love", she actually gets NAKED) or standing in coquettish "oh SEMPAI" poses (one Super involves her dressing up as a Playboy Bunny). She's like if Krieger's techno-girlfriend in Archer was afflicted with TEN THOUSAND MORE KINDS OF "WRONG"!!! Lilith is, in short, a symbol of everything that people stereotype about Japanese culture, and the weird focus on underage girls. In short, whoever designed this character should be in jail. I feel like I need a scalding shower just for having to type her name into Google Image Search.
Adding a bit more to this, the writer/planner of Darkstalkers 3 originally planned on Lilith being a hermaphrodite, Lilith's gender was even originally listed as "unknown."
Formerly luketheduke86
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Talbain! Rikuo! Morrigan! BB Hood! Lilith!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Oh, Japan. You beautiful bastards, I hope you never change. :D
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Lilith

Post by FuzzyBoots »

L-Space wrote:Adding a bit more to this, the writer/planner of Darkstalkers 3 originally planned on Lilith being a hermaphrodite, Lilith's gender was even originally listed as "unknown."
Which would admittedly fit with the original tales of incubi, who were male or female as the situation demanded. The whole "succubus" thing was a later graft onto the legend.
Jabroniville

Donovan

Post by Jabroniville »

DONOVAN BAINE
First Appearance:
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games But the First
Home Country: Unknkown
Role: Demon Hunter
PL 10 (145)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+16)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Demon Hunter) 9 (+12)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 5 (+9)
Ranged Combat (Summon Sword) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Ifrit Blade), Improved Critical (Summon), Improved Critical (Blizzard Sword), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Ultimate Demon Hunter

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Magic Sword" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Remote-Controlled) [14]
"Blizzard Sword" Blast 6 (Diminished Range -1, Reduced Defenses 1) Linked to Snare 5 (Flaws: Not Cumulative) (Diminished Range -1) (18) -- (22)
  • AE: "Killshred Surf/Ifrit Blade" Strength-Damage +5 (Inaccurate -1) (4)
  • AE: "Lightning Storm" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Reduced Defenses 2, Diminished Range -1) (13)
  • AE: "Summon" Blast 5 (Reduced Defenses 1, Diminished Range -1) (7)
  • AE: "Sword Slash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
-- (22 points)

Offense:
Sword Slash +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Special Moves +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Blizzard Sword +12 (+5 Ranged Damage & Affliction, DC 20 & 15)
Summon +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Protecting Anita)- An emotionless little girl always follows Donovan around. He is devoted to protecting her.
Motivation (Killing Demons)- Donovan has become a hunter of the Darkstalkers, in order to put his powers to good use.
Responsibility (Bloodlust)- Donovan killed his mother and his entire village when he was a child, and even now probably thirsts for blood.
Weakness (Predictability)- Donovan, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 9 + 13 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (145)

-Donovan Baine is one of two new characters to Darkstalkers' first sequel, and is by far the most "normal-looking" cast member in the series. Really, he's just a big, muscular guy with kinda-anime hair. Though his origin is that he's Half-Human/Half-Vampire, and once killed his entire village as a child. He became a devout Buddhist in order to control his dark side, but went travelling after failing to control his demons. Upon meeting a little girl named Anita (with whom he felt a kinship), he decided to go on a mission to kill all of the Darkstalkers in the world.

Monster Basis: Donovan is a Dhampir, or "Half-Vampire", which is actually part of the folklore of the Balkan region. They're the result of a male vampire getting his bone on with a human female. They were never terribly common in storytelling, however, until the modern day "Oh my God Vampires are SOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL" Goth movement took over, and suddenly everyone who thought Vampires weren't special enough became part of a never-ending horde of Special Snowflake Dhampirs.

-Donovan is a bit weird, in that he's a regular fighter who uses a weapon, meaning his Special Moves are all Device-based. He becomes PL 10 offensively only with his gear, which can use a lot of Variable Descriptors. His standard moves involve unarmed attacks and using his sword, while many Specials involve him surfing on his sword, which looks ridiculous but is rather effective, given that they result in downwards-swooping, quick motions.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Not that America is much better.

*sighs*

Who in their right mind runs beauty pageants for kids?!
*shakes fist at reality*
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Is it just me or does Anita look like a dwarf in Donovan's picture?
It's just something about the proportions...