Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lady Deathstrike! The Reavers! Omega Red! Bloodscream!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:42 pm huh- never heard that bit. I didn't think Shooter was around for long enough for that to have been a "Shooter-Era" edict.

And no Dragon Age builds, Macyn. I don't play ANY modern games.
You'd be suprised what Shooter ok'd & axed during his run(he ok'd Operation:Galactic Storm Avengers/West Coast mega-story,brought the Shiar into prominence as a Galactic Power,gave us the "Leather Jacket" Avengers,etc.,etc.).

wwwaaahhh,you gonna make me work you big meanie! :cry:
Jabroniville

Birdy

Post by Jabroniville »

BIRDY
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Jim Lee
First Appearance: X-Men #6 (March 1992)
Role: Background Character
Group Affiliations: Sabretooth's Employ
PL 8 (85)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages: 
Equipment 4 (BFG- Blast 7- Multiattack), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Telepathy"
"Calming Influence" Affliction 8 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Perception-Range +2, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Creating Passiveness & Calm) [24]
Mind-Reading 8 (Flaws: Limited to Emotions) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Calming -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
BFG +8 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)- I guess... it's not really established why she hung with Creed.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 7 (85)

-A forgettable, forgotten do-nothing character, Birdy was just some sexy chick who hung around with Sabretooth, and I would bet you anything that she was created solely as a Sketchpad Character for Jim Lee to add to the PILE of characters in the Omega Red arc of his run on X-Men. She acts as Creed's sidekick for a while (it turns out she's using her powers to stem his psychopathic tendencies, which is what allows him to be the kind of cigarette-smoking, well-dressed villain Lee liked to draw), but eventually tried to leave, fearing him. Sabretooth killed the hit squad, and uncovered the person behind them- his own son, Graydon Creed. Just to spite his father, Graydon shot and killed Birdy. Just WHY you would kill the only person keeping your murderous father from exploding with rage, particularly against the person who JUST KILLED HIS SIDEKICK, is beyond me.

-This leads to a small arc for Sabretooth, as he had grown dependent on Birdy's giving him "The Glow" to restrain his violent impulses, and required other telepathic sustenance. This lead him to the X-Mansion, of course.

-To most people, though, she's that "Who the f*ck is that?" character that pops up in one of Sabretooth's Victory Poses in X-Men vs. Street Fighter. Her time in comics was so ridiculously short, and the character so unimportant, that it's kind of bizarre she got a video game appearance at all.

-Birdy is a low-end Telepath, but very little else is known of her or her accomplishments.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Omega Red! Bloodscream & Roughouse! Sabretooth!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, I remember Birdy from the Capcom fighting games featuring Sabretooth. I think in one of the games he could summon her to shoot the opponent, too, but my memory of this is vague.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 am Yeah, I remember Birdy from the Capcom fighting games featuring Sabretooth. I think in one of the games he could summon her to shoot the opponent, too, but my memory of this is vague.
MvC2, I never knew who that woman was until Jab did the builds. :lol:
Formerly luketheduke86
Davies

Re: Birdy

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:35 amSabretooth killed the hit squad, and uncovered the person behind them- his own son, Graydon Creed. Just to spite his father, Graydon shot and killed Birdy. Just WHY you would kill the only person keeping your murderous father from exploding with rage, particularly against the person who JUST KILLED HIS SIDEKICK, is beyond me.
Because evil consumes itself.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ah, the Nineties... When absolutely everyone had the same superpower:

Moar Dakka! Enhanced Trait 2 (+2 Strength; Flaws: Limited to Lifting, Limited to Guns the Size of a V-12 Engine) [ 1 PP ]
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:27 am Image

Ah, the Nineties... When absolutely everyone had the same superpower:

Moar Dakka! Enhanced Trait 2 (+2 Strength; Flaws: Limited to Lifting, Limited to Guns the Size of a V-12 Engine) [ 1 PP ]
Hey,you forgot the equipment that went with it BG:

"Large Shoulder Pads!" Protection 2 ( +1 Presence; Flaws: limited to Skill checks, limited to looking totally ridiculous) [2 PP ]
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Pouches, Pouches, Pouches! Equipment 0 (They do nothing.) [ 0 EP ]
Jabroniville

Spore

Post by Jabroniville »

SPORE
Created By:
Archie Goodwin & John Byrne
First Appearance: Wolverine #21 (Feb. 1990)
Role: One-Off Villain
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH
4/12 STAMINA 4/12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+8)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Takedown 2

Powers:
Regeneration 2 [2]
Immunity 40 (Bludgeoning, Slashing & Piercing Damage) [40]
Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
Insubstantial 1 [5]
"Devour & Absorb People" Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Reaction +3) [32]
Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (30 feet) (Flaws: Source- Victims) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Full Size +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Absorption +8 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+4 Full Size, DC 18-14), Parry +8 (+4 Full Size, DC 18-14), Toughness +4 (+12 Full Size), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)
Vulnerable (Healing)- Healing-based powers are anathema to Spore, and will destroy him instantly.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 97 / Defenses: 10 (150)

-Spore seems a bit incongruous with much of Wolverine's history- a Deviant Super-Weapon showing up in the gritty world of Logan? Spore was a living bio-weapon that grew out of control, before being finally destroyed by the Celestials. Centuries later, he came back to life after his cells finally formed back together via the plants that grew from the soil where he died... plus cocaine. Yes, really- the place where he died was turned into a cocaine farm in modern times, and Spore reformed when someone injected the Spore-filled cocaine into his veins. He reformed, fighting Wolverine, La Bandera and Sister Salvation- being destroyed when the latter touched him. He has never reappeared.

-Spore is sort of like a slimy, impossible-to-injure blob-monster on legs. Only a character with a power specifically bent around blowing him up (specifically, Healing Touch) could really stop him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I liked the Idea behind Spore,not the entity itself...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:29 amPouches, Pouches, Pouches! Equipment 0 (They do nothing.) [ 0 EP ]
Now,wait a minute BG,they have to do something....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:09 am
Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:29 amPouches, Pouches, Pouches! Equipment 0 (They do nothing.) [ 0 EP ]
They hold more pouches.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:27 am
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:09 am
They hold more pouches.
Ok then.... :lol:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:27 am Ah, the Nineties... When absolutely everyone had the same superpower:

I think my favorite part is how casual her stance is. Like holding this GIGANTIC freaking gun ain't no thing. She's even firing it, with her other hand placed on her hip, and her feet in ultra-heels.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Even in the case of Ryan Reynolds’ iteration of the costume, which is far more realistic than the excesses of the Nineties, the utility of the pouches make little sense. Given Deadpool’s penchant for firearms (along with similar “My super-power is having lots of guns.” characters from the era) you’d expect them to be used for holding spare magazines... But they’re way too small.

Reynolds’ D-Piddy uses a pair of IWI Desert Eagle Mark XIX as his primary pistols; chambered in .50 Action Express, the cartridges are massive at 12.7×33mm (approximately 1/2 inch wide by 1 1/2 inch overall length). He’d be carrying two or three rounds in each pouch, sans magazine.