Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Mizoguchi

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:33 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm Image

MAKOTO MIZOGUCHI

-Mizoguchi was not INTENDED to become the main character of the series, but being "The Ryu", and among the more obvious Ryu knock-offs in history (he even wears white- okay, light grey with white lighting- though at least skips the top part of his gi), it was inevitable. Christ, he even uses a HURRICANE KICK! The ONE MOVE Art of Fighting didn't copy for Ryo! Rather that Ryu's "Stoic Japanese Dude" act, Mizoguchi is your stereotypical "Hot-Blooded Idiot From Osaka" (a city that Tokyo denizens parody as being fully of drunks and hillbillies; humorously, I found it very similar to my own Edmonton- full of jeans-wearing "regular joes" who walked at a normal pace, compared to the insanely-speedy Tokyoites). In short, it's the "Big City" making fun of the more "Working Class" folk, though in a more good-natured "aren't they funny?" kind of way that allows them to be seen as heroes.

-The character is considered to be quite similar to the bad-ass Momotaro from Sakigake Otokojuku, a parody "Fighting Manga" from the late '80s, and was popular enough to show up in a few other games (as well as his name being included in the title of the third FH game). When SNK bought out Data East's library up on their bankruptcy, they even included him in King of Fighters Maximum Impact: Regulation A.

-His moves are all named after Tigers, but the Tiger Bazooka is just Ryu's Fireball, but crappier. In effect, the entire character is just an Off-Brand Ryu, though he fits PL 8, owing to appearances in not just three Fighter's History games, but a King of Fighters game as well!
I like the fact that he looks really powerful. This is the kind of design I expected on bruiser kind of character, not on an all-rounder.
In a Fighting Game, that's about mid-tier in terms of muscle mass :). Christ, in WeaponLord, that would be the smallest character of all the men. And all but one of the WOMEN!!!
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sabretooth! Cyber! Romulus! Daken! X-23!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 am And that does it for the Wolverine builds! Glad they drew some attention and did away with so much of my backlog :)

Next up: Fighter's History, followed by Godzilla/Toho!

After that, I might do the Black Order finally. Plus re-do the Starjammers.

I've got such bad Build ADD right now, though! I keep statting up random guys from random games! so here's another survey to test which ones people wanna see next:

1) Mortal Kombat
2) Samurai Shodown
3) Killer Instinct
4) Way of the Warrior
5) Brutal: Paws of Fury
6) Ballz
7) Kasumi Ninja

Yes, really.
1) Mortal Kombat
2) Ballz
3) Brutal: Paws of Fury
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:27 pm
1) Mortal Kombat
2) Ballz
Haha, wow- wasn't expecting any votes for Ballz :).
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Daken! X-23! Viper! Mister X! Fighter's History!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Killer Instinct should be next imo,as i want to see if you use my Boxing reccomendations from my Gym thread(found Here) to make T.J.Combo.....:D
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:27 pm
1) Mortal Kombat
2) Ballz
Haha, wow- wasn't expecting any votes for Ballz :).
I've actually played Ballz, myself! I do want to see it statted, too (since it'd be a pretty easy Template affair), though my votes went elsewhere.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Can we refrain from talking about playing with Ballz?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm Can we refrain from talking about playing with Ballz?
What,you don't like the thought of people playing with Ballz ken? :D :lol: :lol: :P
Ken

Post by Ken »

No. The thought of it doesn't bother me. I just don't need to know the details.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:53 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm Can we refrain from talking about playing with Ballz?
What,you don't like the thought of people playing with Ballz ken? :D :lol: :lol: :P
I used to play Ballz a bit when I was a teenager, but I haven't done so for years. But recently I've been watching a lot of videos of guys playing with Ballz, which was very informative!
Jabroniville

Marstorius

Post by Jabroniville »

MARSTORIUS
First Appearance:
Fighter's History (1993)
Home Country: Italy
Role: Off-Brand Zangief, The Big Guy, Pro Wrestler
Vague Martial Art Basis: Pro Wrestling
PL 7 (73)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Athletics 3 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Double German), Improved Critical (Dash Lariat)

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Double German" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Dash Lariat/Moonsault Press" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Wife)- Marstorius's wife is just as big and strong as he is.
Weakness (Boots)- Two successful called-shots to the boots will instantly leave Marstorius Stunned & Defenseless for one round.
Weakness (Predictability)- Marstorius cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 + 9 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 8 (73)

-Naturally, if your'e gonna rip off Street Fighter, you should take a shot at their original "Big Guy" fighter. Oddly, most SF knockoffs leave Zangief well enough alone, but then, most weren't as flagrant as Fighter's History, who even makes him a bear-wrestler with a beard and some scarring. Like Zangief, he's based visually off of a real person- famous wrestler Bruiser Brody, who had major success in Japan after running roughshot over promotions in North America. Known to be vicious, wildly unpredictable, and prone to selfish behavior and refusals to lose to others, Brody met a very legendary end, being stabbed to death by Jose Gonzalez, another wrestler in Puerto Rico. Gonzalez got away scot free, thanks to some (probably) corrupt officials, and incompetent lawmen (some witnesses did not get their summons to the trial under AFTER it had concluded), and the fact that some, such as Tony Atlas, were afraid for their lives if they talked to police.

-Marstorius is tall, hairy and has furry boots, just like Brody (who was billed as 6'8" and 282 lbs.). He also has a wife who's as big and strong as HE is (!!! Alas, she pretty much just looks like him with lipstick on, though there's a great scene in his ending where she hits a German Suplex when he comes home late). To counter his dreaded Double German (a double German Suplex), the developers gave him a very low jump, which has the negative effect of making him MUCH more vulnerable to projectiles than the other characters.

-Marstorius is a pretty typical "Powerhouse" Fighting Game character, but his accuracy is very low for a martial artist, thanks to PL 7 requirements. +7/+7 isn't very common in any of these kinds of builds.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm Holy Crap....I remember Fighter's History!

Way back in 7th grade (1994ish or early 95), on a Friday night when I'd probably be watching Mantis and the X-Files, two of my friends invited me out to go to the mall with their church's youth group. What had sealed the deal was them mentioning the fighting game Darkstalkers that they had read about in one of the zillions of video game magazines. A fighting game where you were monsters? shut up and take my money!

Anyway, we had a pretty awesome evening. We played Darkstalkers alot that night, but also hit a few more of the games. I remember we played that Alien vs Predator beat em up, as well as the Simpsons arcade game

Then we played some fighting game who's name I forgot in the long long ago, but as you can guess it was Fighter's History.

I chose Clown.

We played it, then got a slurpee or something.
Scintillating story, HJ. Though it makes me wistful for the days of Arcades being readily-accessible and well-stocked with games. Nowadays, it's impossible to find a reasonably good one anywhere in my hometown (a city of 1 million!), even though "play carnival games while drunk" is now apparently a trendy hobby.

As I've mentioned before, they closed down the arcade in my local mall before I was ever old enough to stay there by myself, and the others were a bit too far away to manage easily until I was old enough... and they closed. RIP Wizard's Castle.
Surprisingly enough, there's still a couple arcades in my city. A fun center that also has laser tag, mini golf, etc. and then a Beercade which is just a bar with a lot of old school arcade and pin-ball machines.
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 pm
I used to play Ballz a bit when I was a teenager, but I haven't done so for years. But recently I've been watching a lot of videos of guys playing with Ballz, which was very informative!
And the other 10% lie.

Jabroniville

Liu Feilin

Post by Jabroniville »

LIU FEILIN
First Appearance:
Fighter's History (1993)
Home Country: China
Role: Off-Brand Chun-Li (Chinese Girl)
Vague Martial Art Basis: Wu-Shu
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+13)
Expertise (Chinese Opera) 6 (+10)
Perception 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Mantis Claw) 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Critical (Mantis Claw), Improved Critical (White Crane), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Mantis Claw" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3) -- [4]
AE: "White Crane!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Special Moves +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Mantis Claw +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Glory)- Feilin thinks very highly of herself, and wants to prove herself on the world stage.
Weakness (Breastplate)- Two successful called-shots to her breastplate will instantly leave Feilin Stunned & Defenseless for one round. Yes, HER ARMOR is her weak point.
Weakness (Predictability)- Feilin cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 7 + 9 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 11 (99)

-Among the early Chun-Li Knock-Offs is Feilin, though she doesn't really LOOK much like Chun-Li- she's just a Chinese fighter who clearly emulates the overall "Chinese Girl" style. She notably has the same "Flip" jump that Chun-Li does, though. Her attacks are more Ryu-esque, however, featuring an Anti-Air and a blast that looks like a flying bird (though it's called the "Mantis Claw").
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 pm
I have a Christmas Ballz.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Everyone who looks, wants to play with my special Christmas Ballz!