Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Daken! X-23! Viper! Mister X! Fighter's History!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm Holy Crap....I remember Fighter's History!

Way back in 7th grade (1994ish or early 95), on a Friday night when I'd probably be watching Mantis and the X-Files, two of my friends invited me out to go to the mall with their church's youth group. What had sealed the deal was them mentioning the fighting game Darkstalkers that they had read about in one of the zillions of video game magazines. A fighting game where you were monsters? shut up and take my money!

Anyway, we had a pretty awesome evening. We played Darkstalkers alot that night, but also hit a few more of the games. I remember we played that Alien vs Predator beat em up, as well as the Simpsons arcade game

Then we played some fighting game who's name I forgot in the long long ago, but as you can guess it was Fighter's History.

I chose Clown.

We played it, then got a slurpee or something.
Scintillating story, HJ. Though it makes me wistful for the days of Arcades being readily-accessible and well-stocked with games. Nowadays, it's impossible to find a reasonably good one anywhere in my hometown (a city of 1 million!), even though "play carnival games while drunk" is now apparently a trendy hobby.

As I've mentioned before, they closed down the arcade in my local mall before I was ever old enough to stay there by myself, and the others were a bit too far away to manage easily until I was old enough... and they closed. RIP Wizard's Castle.

I hear that. Arcades are next to impossible to find. You have to go to a Dave and Busters or Gattiland or something like that....but they just don't make games like we had when we were kids you know? it's just not on the menu given how the times have changed.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

on another note, Samurai Showdown builds wouldn't be too bad. I enjoyed that series pretty well.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sabretooth! Cyber! Romulus! Daken! X-23!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:27 pm
1) Mortal Kombat
2) Ballz
3) Brutal: Paws of Fury
Haha, wow- wasn't expecting any votes for Ballz :).
I think that last round of posts justifies my desire for a Ballz run. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 pm I think that last round of posts justifies my desire for a Ballz run. 8-)
I didn’t need to hear about your desire for Ballz.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:23 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 pm I think that last round of posts justifies my desire for a Ballz run. 8-)
I didn’t need to hear about your desire for Ballz.
Ive got big ballz
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

points for AC/DC
Jabroniville

Clown

Post by Jabroniville »

CLOWN
First Appearance:
Fighter's History (1993)
Home Country: Unknown
Role: Freaky Villain, Sub-Boss, Effeminate Gay
Vague Martial Art Basis: Circus Fighting
PL 8 (107)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12)
Expertise (Circus Clown) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Cards) 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Jumping Slap), Improved Critical (Multi-Slap), Improved Critical (Pick a Card), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Multi-Slap" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5) -- [7]
  • AE: "Jumping Slap" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Pick a Card!" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Thrown Cards +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Finding an Attractive Male Fighter)- Yes, really.
Weakness (Mask)- Two successful called-shots to the mask will instantly leave Clown Stunned & Defenseless for one round.
Weakness (Predictability)- The Clown cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 8 + 9 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 12 (107)

-You'd think a "Fighting Game Clown" would be an ideal way to just go crazy with the design, but aside from the scary Fright Mask, "Clown" is pretty weak overall. The Sub-Boss of the first game, and playable in all of them, he's just kind of wearing brightly-colored, puffy clothes, making him look more like the Kingly Court's "fool" than the stuff of nightmares. He forms a circus called "Clown's Circus" and fights to... find a handsome male fighter. Naturally, the localized Western versions removed references to this, but the Neo*Geo manual includes it.

-Clown is one of the better fighters, owing to his Sub-Boss status- I boosted his AGI & FIGHTING scores by 1 each, combining accuracy and the "Agile Fighter" style with the ST 3 guys' stats. He's also got a Blast, a Multiattack and a Blanka-style "Cross the Screen" attack, making him fairly versatile.
Jabroniville

Lee Diendou

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

LEE DIENDOU
First Appearance:
Fighter's History (1993)
Home Country: China
Role: Most Generic Fighter Ever
Vague Martial Art Basis: Kung Fu (Bajiquan)
PL 7 (82)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+11)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Lung Punch), Improved Critical (Leap Kick), Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Leap Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Lung Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Finding His Father's Killer)- Lee's father Gentoku was killed by a mystery man- he joins the Great Grapple to find this individual, who turns out to be Karnov.
Relationship (His Old Master)- Lee's instructor appears in Lee's finale to prevent him from killing Karnov, reminding him of his father's teachings.
Weakness (Knees)- Two successful called-shots to the knees will instantly leave Lee Stunned & Defenseless for one round.
Weakness (Predictability)- Lee cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 + 9 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 12 (82)

-Holy crap- LOOK AT THIS! This has to be the most generic Fighting Game design of all time. This guy is so plain that he'd be an embarrassment to the MOOKS of most other games! There's just nothing TO him! Just some Kung Fu guy with a ponytail, a shirt and some pants. He's even got the most common name in all of Asia. Why on Earth would you phone it in THIS bad? I can't even imagine the time constraints an artist would have to be under to look at THIS guy and go "... yeah, that's good enough". Lee is named for the Bajiquan teacher Li Shuwen.

-Lee is a simplistic fighter, possessing a "Lung Punch" with a short dash/hop forward, and a "Leap Kick" that hits diagonally upwards.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

L-Space wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:04 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm Holy Crap....I remember Fighter's History!

Way back in 7th grade (1994ish or early 95), on a Friday night when I'd probably be watching Mantis and the X-Files, two of my friends invited me out to go to the mall with their church's youth group. What had sealed the deal was them mentioning the fighting game Darkstalkers that they had read about in one of the zillions of video game magazines. A fighting game where you were monsters? shut up and take my money!

Anyway, we had a pretty awesome evening. We played Darkstalkers alot that night, but also hit a few more of the games. I remember we played that Alien vs Predator beat em up, as well as the Simpsons arcade game

Then we played some fighting game who's name I forgot in the long long ago, but as you can guess it was Fighter's History.

I chose Clown.

We played it, then got a slurpee or something.
Scintillating story, HJ. Though it makes me wistful for the days of Arcades being readily-accessible and well-stocked with games. Nowadays, it's impossible to find a reasonably good one anywhere in my hometown (a city of 1 million!), even though "play carnival games while drunk" is now apparently a trendy hobby.

As I've mentioned before, they closed down the arcade in my local mall before I was ever old enough to stay there by myself, and the others were a bit too far away to manage easily until I was old enough... and they closed. RIP Wizard's Castle.
Surprisingly enough, there's still a couple arcades in my city. A fun center that also has laser tag, mini golf, etc. and then a Beercade which is just a bar with a lot of old school arcade and pin-ball machines.
Oh right- Beercade! There's a bar by that name right near where I live! I've never been in, though- a friend celebrating his birthday there said he left early "because it's filled with YOUTHS". I think it's mostly pinball/touch & feel kinda games, but I'm not sure what else is in there. I might check it out one of these days, but I don't want to be "The old guy in the club" ("He ain't OLD... He's just too old to be in the CLUB.").
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So yeah, I didn't mention the PLs I was using for this set- I made the characters two points lower than Street Fighter II characters as a baseline- so regular joes are PL 7 on the dot, while the better characters (Bosses & "The Main Guy" characters) earn PL 8 status. This puts them about on the level of Dan Hibiki or a rookie World Warrior- great fighters, but not overly impressive on the world stage.
Jabroniville

Zazie Muhaba

Post by Jabroniville »

ZAZIE MUHABA
First Appearance:
Fighter's History Dynamite (1994)
Home Country: Kenya
Role: The Black Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Hokuto Shinkan Karate
PL 7 (102)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Environmentalist) 7 (+9)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Hell Fire), Improved Critical (Vulcan Hook), Improved Critical (Fire Breath), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Vulcan Hook!" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: "Hell FIRE!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Hell Driver!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Vulcan Hook +10 (+4 Damage & Affliction, DC 19 & 14)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Environmentalism)- Zazie joins the Great Grapple in order to fund his own environmentalist organization.
Weakness (Headband)- Two successful called-shots to the headband will instantly leave Zazie Stunned & Defenseless for one round.
Weakness (Predictability)- Zazie cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 5 + 9 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 12 (102)

-Zazie is a curiosity, and looks original, despite being fairly bland in design. A Kenyan, he's pretty light-skinned and REALLY muscular, and is said to be a nature lover. He takes an interesting look at the "Karate Guy" gimmick, staying a bit away from the "Shotoclone" fighting style of Ken, Ryu and various SNK guys, and instead being a "Lightning-Fist"-type guy who also has a Grapple move and a ground-based, non-jumping Uppercut. So he's more of a dashing, striking guy than someone who does a lot of jumping around.
Davies

Post by Davies »

So that's where that name came from. I wondered.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Of course the dude who has the "Hokuto Shinkan" fighting style uses a "lightning fist" type attack, though he otherwise doesn't resemble Kenshiro at all, which is better than a straight up copy.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

zazie looks more like Deejay honestly. Kicboxing reggae fellow
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:17 am
L-Space wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Surprisingly enough, there's still a couple arcades in my city. A fun center that also has laser tag, mini golf, etc. and then a Beercade which is just a bar with a lot of old school arcade and pin-ball machines.
Oh right- Beercade! There's a bar by that name right near where I live! I've never been in, though- a friend celebrating his birthday there said he left early "because it's filled with YOUTHS". I think it's mostly pinball/touch & feel kinda games, but I'm not sure what else is in there. I might check it out one of these days, but I don't want to be "The old guy in the club" ("He ain't OLD... He's just too old to be in the CLUB.").
At the Beercade here it's not youths you have to worry about it's the hipsters. The kind that look confused if you order a Jack and Coke instead of their weirdly named craft beer. It is worth it though since they have quite a few classic arcade games. Street Fighters, Mario, TMNT, and even the old Simpsons video game.
Formerly luketheduke86