Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Fighter's History! Karnov! GODZILLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Mothra Leo should really be up there then, at least his Armored Form. That shit was ridiculous and not in a good way.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Eh, that was a limited duration power-up that the Good Guy got in the final act to defeat the Baddie for good. I’d say that doesn’t “count” for determining his overall power average... He’s not Light-Speed Mothra or Aqua Mothra or Armor Mothra for very long. He’s basically only Eternal Mothra as he flies off into the sunset.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Rodan

Post by Jabroniville »

RODAN (Radon- Showa Era)
Created By:
Tomoyuki Tamada
First Appearance: "Rodan" (1956)
Role: Flying Monster, Occasional Ally
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 15 (232)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Close Combat, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]

"Sonic Boom" Blast 14 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Burst +4) (Flaws: Limited to When Flying By) (84) -- [88]
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (60)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 250ft. Cone +3) (60)
  • AE: "Flying Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Requires a Flyby- No Successive Uses) (1)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Flying Smash +9 (+21 Damage, DC 36)
Sonic Boom +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Godzilla)- Despite being rather vitrolic with his buddies, Rodan will back up the G-Man when someone like King Ghidorah comes to town.
Disabled (Animal)- Rodan cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 178 / Defenses: 31 (232)

-A consummate Godzilla ally, Rodan actually debuted in his own movie- a rather different sort of Kaiju film. Rodan (called Radon in Japan- short for "Pteranodon" and possibly invoking "radiation") starts out as a horror movie with giant bugs killing people, but suddenly a GIGANTIC PTEROSAUR bursts out of the Earth and starts eating these killer grubs like they're tiny mealworms. And then ANOTHER "Rodan" shows up, revealing them as a mated pair! They blow the city to pieces with flyby attacks and sonic booms, but eventually the Japanese bomb their volcanic home, dooming one to a fiery death. And then, in a heart-wrenching scene, the other Rodan refuses to abandon its mate and flies back to it, committing suicide in the movie's final moments. 

-After Rodan's success, Toho revived the creature eight years later for the Godzilla set of films, effectively ignoring the backstory and just saying "Oh, look! It's Rodan!". Rodan pops up to join Godzilla and Mothra in battle against King Ghidorah, the most deadly monster ever seen. And after that, they become recurring allies, though not really friends. He wasn't as popular as Godzilla, and not as lionized by the writers as Mothra The Amazing, so he was a bit of a third-stringer. Still, being a giant pteranodon's gotta be good for something.

-Rodan's PL 15 on offense, PL 14 on defense, being faster and more accurate than Godzilla, but a bit weaker. He's lower in Toughness, but he's highly resistant to Energy Damage (he OFTEN shrugs off Godzilla's Atomic Breath, to a far greater extent than others). He's pricier than Godzilla though- packing resistance, Mach 2 Flight, a Flying Smash (doing more damage, but being less accurate), a Wind Storm that can send dozens of tanks flying at once, and a Sonic Boom. See, Rodan can do a "fly-by", and the resulting Mach 3 eruption will wipe out HUGE swaths of area, sending glass and concrete flying everywhere. It's one of the widest-range Burst attacks I can think of.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

There’s also very few daikaijū who can fly. Mostly because getting anything interesting out of a 200 lbs. man in a 250 lbs. rubber suit whilst swinging him from a crane is difficult... But when freed of such practicalities, such as in the context of a superhero roleplaying game, it’s got to be a major advantage.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

To reidorate my Earlier Statemant about my personal favorite Kaiju(which is strangely enough NOT Godzilla);
Mothura!, Mothura!....
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

And now, a brief Animaniacs interlude:

Would you eat them in Japan? With Godzilla, and Rodan?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I would not, could not, in Japan. With Godzilla and Rodan. I'm still boycotting them for the death of Bambi.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I just wonder when someone's going to bring up "Godzilla vs. The Little Drummer Boy".
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:38 am Eh, that was a limited duration power-up that the Good Guy got in the final act to defeat the Baddie for good. I’d say that doesn’t “count” for determining his overall power average... He’s not Light-Speed Mothra or Aqua Mothra or Armor Mothra for very long. He’s basically only Eternal Mothra as he flies off into the sunset.
agree to disagree on that one.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (GODZILLAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Ebirah! Rodan!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Nuff said.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

And let's not forget the time Godzilla faced the Earth's greatest hero:
(And yes, this is a comic where Godzilla plays basketball against Charles Barkley.)
Jabroniville

Fire Rodan

Post by Jabroniville »

FIRE RODAN (Radon- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Tomoyuki Tamada
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II" (1993)
Role: Flying Monster, Occasional Ally
Size: 66.7 meters (218 feet)
PL 16 (251)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Close Combat, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 19 (Str & Sta +19, +19 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -19 Stealth) -- (210 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [39]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]

"Sonic Boom" Blast 16 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Burst +4) (Flaws: Limited to When Flying By) (96) -- [102]
  • AE: "Uranium Heat Beam" Blast 25 (Feats: Extended Range 4- 1,600 feet) (Extras: Penetrating 18) (73)
  • AE: "Heat Line" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (64)
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 16 (Extras: Area- 900ft. Cone +5) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (64)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (75)
  • AE: "Flying Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Requires a Flyby- No Successive Uses) (1)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (48)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Flying Smash +7 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Area Attacks +16 Area (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Heat Beam +4 (+25 Ranged Damage, DC 40)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +22 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Baby Godzilla)- Rodan is kind of like a brother to Baby Godzilla, and joined the battle due to the danger the kid was in.
Disabled (Animal)- Rodan cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 195 / Defenses: 32 (251)

-Rodan showed up again in the '90s after a big break, and started right out being angry at Godzilla, but lost. He mutated into a final form when Baby Godzilla summoned him, and he sacrificed his life (after getting his ass kicked by Mechagodzilla) to re-power Godzilla against the robotic monster. He's PL 16 like Godzilla, and is proportionately about the same as regular Rodan, but also eventually packs his own Breath Weapon, becoming even MORE dangerous.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I would have thought Rodan would have a higher Intellect.
After all, among all the Kaiju...

Rodan's the Thinker.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 am To reidorate my Earlier Statemant about my personal favorite Kaiju(which is strangely enough NOT Godzilla);
Mothura!, Mothura!....
The Shobijin have just one more day to wait :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:38 pm Can't wait to see all of our favorite monsters stated out!

And, if any of them get out of hand, I will fight them into submission! That is why I was created. To help the people of Earth.
Maybe I should cap these off with your little family- I can just copy the info from Ken's builds for them :).