Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Sanda

Post by Jabroniville »

SANDA
Role:
Gentle Giant, Misunderstood Monster
First Appearance: "War of the Gargantuas" (1966)
PL 13 (115)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+9)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 11 (+14 Size)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 12 (+3 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Dino-Sized" Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +14 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -14 Stealth) -- (90 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [29]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Speed 3 (30 mph) [4]
Regeneration 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +16 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +5

Complications: 
Disabled (Simple)- Sanda cannot speak, but can understand human speech.
Responsibility (Innocent)- Sanda is an innocent creature, treated poorly in a world he does not understand. He refuses to take lives.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 47 / Defenses: 24 (115)

-Sanda (named for San- "mountain" in Japanese) is a light-brown offshoot of Frankenstein, and is protective of humanity, having been raised by a kindly scientist and his daughter. He attempts to help his "brother", Gaira, against the humans attacking him, but fights Gaira when it becomes clear that Gaira is a killer. Sanda himself is more pacifistic and refuses to take lives. In the end, both were pulled into a volcano, and never reappeared. The suits were re-used for many Kaiju-themed shows over the years, but were rapidly degenerating.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (GODZILLAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Ebirah! Rodan!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Ah, the Gargantuas! I remember watching somebody's review of that movie many years ago. It was pretty neat, having two kaiju that, despite being brothers, ended up fighting each other. (Also, in Fighting Game news, Dead or Alive 6 was announced, with the the trailer somehow being focused on the MALE characters, for once! I imagine most of the cast would stat up similarly to Virtua Fighter, but then there's the boss from DoA3, Omega, that has fireballs and a dual-bladed laser sword...So there's more varied bosses than just Dural. And also cyborgs, clones, tengus, ect.)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ah War of the Gargantuas.....easily my favorite Kaiju movie of all time.

I remember seeing a commercial for it going to air on TBS's Super Scary Saturday (hosted by Al 'Grandpa' Lewis from the Munsters). The first time I saw that commercial I thought "is this a King Kong movie I haven't seen?".

I was hyped for it all week, but ultimately forgot it was on. Luckily my mom managed to catch it on TV that morning and reminded me. And Gaira the Green Gargantua kinda freaked me out being one of the few monsters to make killing humans personal as he ate him. That poor old guy that sees him under the water off his boat stuck with me. But I loved that movie, still do. It's one of my favorite movies. The next time I saw it was going to be on I made sure my dad taped the thing for me, which years later I'd transfer to DVD (oddly enough, the same tape that had WOTG on it also had Godzilla vs Megalon on it....and even as a little kid I noticed the same use of military stock footage).

Dad was good for taping things like that for me, even getting up at 2 am one time when I was in 7th grade to tape Frankenstein Conquers The World for me. I was hooked on that one too, though I realized it wasn't that super. Some of the effects like the horse or boars in the forest were pretty substandard even by 60s Toho standards. I still enjoy it though and as a kid thought Frankenstein looked a little like the Gargantuas. It wouldn't be until I was a senior in high school and we got the internet that I found out that the two movies were related.

then there's this alternate ending to FCTW. sorry for the low quality but......damn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G8l8VRIMYE
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

kindly scientists...no daughter
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

We didn't get TBS in my part of Canada until WAY later- probably the mid-1990s, so I missed out on that stuff entirely. The only Toho stuff I ever got to see was stuff I rented from the Showa Era, and the 1984 one. The only modern stuff I've seen was Final Wars and the one with Kiryu and the cute lady fighter pilot (nffff... women in uniform). 90% of these characters are ones I've never seen, in fact.
Jabroniville

Gaira

Post by Jabroniville »

GAIRA
Role:
Weird Ultra-Giant Japanese Frankenstein
First Appearance: "War of the Gargantuas" (1966)
PL 13 (122)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+9)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 11 (+14 Size)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 12 (+3 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Dino-Sized" Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +14 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -14 Stealth) -- (90 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [29]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Speed 3 (30 mph) [4]
Regeneration 5 [5]
Swimming 4 [4]
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +16 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Simple)- Gaira cannot speak, but can understand human speech.
Motivation (Killing)- Gaira is a vicious killer who enjoys slaughtering anything that crosses his path.
Weakness (Sunlight)- Gaira strongly dislikes sunlight, and typically flees during hte day.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 24 (122)

-Gaira is the evil offshoot of Frankenstein, doing battle with Sanda. He was unusual in that he was a malicious killer, attacking anything he came across- this so disgusted Sanda that he fought his own brother, the two eventually dying in a volcano. Gaira would show up in some Ultraman-style shows, apparently getting to keep the name (and rapidly decaying suit).
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

that scene where Sanda comes across Gaira having just eaten people and lying back basking in the afterglow is great.

The lighter costumes allowing the actors to move and the fact you can see the actor's eyes is great.

Sanda walks in, sees what Gaira has done and you can just see him get angry, uprooting a tree.

Gaira kinda glances over and shrugs as Sanda brandishes the tree and then goes to ignoring him.

Sanda wallops him, Gaira gets up and they fight for a moment before Gaira runs off. Sand starts to follow and you can see in his eyes that he's regrets attacking Gaira.

Hell, by the time they have their battle in Tokyo it looks like half the time Sanda is trying to 'talk' Gaira down and reason with him, only really fighting back in earnest when Gaira pushes him too far
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:56 pm that scene where Sanda comes across Gaira having just eaten people and lying back basking in the afterglow is great.

The lighter costumes allowing the actors to move and the fact you can see the actor's eyes is great.

Sanda walks in, sees what Gaira has done and you can just see him get angry, uprooting a tree.

Gaira kinda glances over and shrugs as Sanda brandishes the tree and then goes to ignoring him.

Sanda wallops him, Gaira gets up and they fight for a moment before Gaira runs off. Sand starts to follow and you can see in his eyes that he's regrets attacking Gaira.

Hell, by the time they have their battle in Tokyo it looks like half the time Sanda is trying to 'talk' Gaira down and reason with him, only really fighting back in earnest when Gaira pushes him too far
I think they took a lot of the story for this from Kain&Able and took an intresting take by making Kain the Good Guy,being forced to fight his little ,more evil Brother.It rather tragic when both die by Volcano....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The Toho "suit actors" are really the unsung heroes of the genre; Nakajima Haruo played the Big "G" in the original film and eleven consecutive sequels, not to mention also playing Rodan, Moguera, Varan, a Mothra larva, Baragon... and, yes, he was also Gaira.

Nakajima reported spent hours (if not days) studying the way various animals at the zoo moved, plus sumo wrestlers, athletes, and the like. Tsuburaya Eiji, the special effects wizard behind the original Godzilla film and most of Toho's output, has said that Nakajima was indispensable.

He managed to not just walk around in these 250+ lbs. foam-rubber and fiberglass costumes and do the complex fihgt choreography, the dude managed to emote whilst in those things! Okay, so he's no Lawrence Olivier, but Olivier never had to make an audience feel sympathy for a 180 meter long worm...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Mothra (Showa)

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "TWEE-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-!"

MOTHRA- LARVAL FORM (Mosura- Showa Era)
First Appearance:
"Mothra" (1961)
Role: The True Hero
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 13 (165)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 12 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+12 Size)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 15) [19]

"Insect Physiology"
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Connection to the Princesses"
Senses 5 (Communication Link, Detect Princesses- Ranged 3 & Acute) [5]

"Giant Silk Strands" Snare 22 (Feats: Ranged 2) (68) -- [70]
  • AE: "Silk Stream" Snare 13 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (Flaws: Touch Range) (54)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (39)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Silk Strands +4 (+22 Ranged Affliction, DC 32)
Silk Stream +13 Area (+13 Affliction, DC 23)
Smash +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +20 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Mothra cannot speak to humans, nor use it's limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -18 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 139 / Defenses: 32 (165)

MOTHRA- ADULT FORM (Mosura- Showa Era)
First Appearance:
"Mothra" (1961)
PL 15 (224)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+8)
Intimidation 10 (+16 Size)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 25) [29]

"Insect Physiology"
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Poison Dust" Weaken Stamina 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cloud +5) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (Quirks: Will Lose Flight) (74) -- [77]
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (60)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 250ft. Cone +3) (60)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Poison Dust +15 Area (+15 Weaken, DC 25)
Wind Storm +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20 (+13 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

Complications:
Motivation (Protector)- Mothra is devoted to the protection of the Earth, the Princesses, and the island from which it derives.
Disabled (Animal)- Mothra cannot speak to humans, nor use it's limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 164 / Defenses: 35 (224)

-Mothra is HUGE in Japan, starring in several films of its very own (not just the first- featuring an iconic image of the Larval Mothra cocooning itself around the Tokyo Tower), but he's not quite so big in America, being a big sissy-looking moth-thing. Of course, this sissy-looking moth-thing can tear a skyscraper in half, put Godzilla on his ass, and take on some of the meanest monsters in fiction, so appearances ain't everything.

-Mothra's probably the most good-natured of all Kaiju, being a global protector that will fight any evil creature (even Godzilla on one of his bad days), and will sacrifice its life if necessary. In Mothra, a larval creature stormed Tokyo when some evil bastards stole the Shobijin ("small beauties"), two Princesses worshipped on Mothra's native island. Wreaking havoc and then spinning a cocoon around Tokyo's most famous landmark, she re-emerged as a gigantic moth creature. It finally returned to live in peace.

-In Godzilla (vs) Mothra, she returns to save people from Godzilla, but is badly burned and dies atop her egg, in one of Godzilla's more malicious appearances. Her egg hatches, however, revealing two new larvae, which wraps Godzilla in silk and dumps him off a cliff, ending the film victorious. One dies by Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster, leaving only one to aid Godzilla and Rodan against a fearsome new foe- they refuse to fight King Ghidorah, leaving Mothra to fight alone. Her brave sacrifice shames the other two monsters, who are impressed with her fortitude and arrive to send off Ghidorah. Mothra returns as a "Godzilla Ally" in many other films.

-Mothra here is built in two forms- the weaker Larval form, and it's later Adult stage. As an adult, Mothra has Rodan-like Flight-powers, as well as a rarely-used Poison Dust. It's also one hell of a lot smarter than the other Kaiju- packing actual Awareness beyond the human norm, as well as a Communication Link with the tiny "Singing Princesses" that have also become iconic Toho-stuff. Note that later Mothra Larvae were much smaller than the first Showa one- which wasn't much smaller than the Adult version- they maintain the same states otherwise though, lifting a "mere" 3,200 tons.
Davies

Re: Sanda

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 pm Image
1966, so just before the Patterson-Gimlin film ... not as much information about sources for the Skunk-Ape, so it's not impossible that those stories were an influence ... hm.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Mothra (Heisei)

Post by Jabroniville »

MOTHRA- ADULT FORM (Mosura- Heisei Era)
First Appearance:
"Godzilla & Mothra: The Battle For The Earth" (1961)
Size: 66.7 meters (218 feet)
PL 16 (240)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+15 Size)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 10, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Growth 19 (Str & Sta +19, +19 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -19 Stealth) -- (210 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [39]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 27) [31]

"Insect Physiology"

"Poison Dust" Weaken Stamina 16 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cloud +5) (Flaws: Limited Uses) (Quirks: Will Lose Flight) (79) -- [85]
  • AE: "Antennae Beam" Blast 22 (Feats: Extended Range 4) (Extras: Penetrating 16) (64)
  • AE: "Reflecting Particles" Deflect 20 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud +2, Reflection +2) (Flaws: One Use Only -2) (60)
  • AE: "Antennae Line" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (60)
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 16 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cone +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (46)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (48)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (48)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Antennae Beam +10 (+22 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Poison Dust +16 Area (+16 Weaken, DC 26)
Area Attacks +15-16 Area (+15-16 Damage, DC 30-31)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

Complications:
Motivation (Protector)- Mothra is devoted to the protection of the Earth, the Princesses, and the island from which it derives.

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 177 / Defenses: 33 (240)

-Here's Heisei Mothra, who debuted in a Godzilla film, which also featured a Mirror Image Villain in Battra. However, the two ancient enemies (Mothra was a guardian of civilization, and Battra was created by the Earth to destroy this civilization and their "climate changing device") ended up allying against Godzilla, at the cost of Battra's life. A planned Mothra film was stalled by falling box office receipts for the Godzilla franchise, but a survey (the Japanese LOVE surveys) revealed the popularity of Mothra with women, leading to a TRILOGY of Mothra films.

-This Mothra a larger creature with upgrade strength and some new tricks like Blasts and a Reflection Field thingie. It's Rodan-sized and generally can hang with the Godzilla crowd, being especially good at dodging Ranged attacks compared to it's brethren. Later version of Mothra in his own series would have a series of Alternate Forms- an aquatic one, a Steel one (that was nigh-invincible) and more, plus a bunch of assorted Blasts.

-The Rebirth of Mothra trilogy sees the son of Mothra, called "Mothra Leo" by Western fans (it's usually called "Exceled Mothra", Rainbow Mothra, or something like it in Japan- the "Leo" name comes from a theme song), fighting a variety of foes. He takes multiple different forms, each with different powers, adding to Heisei Mothra's Template:

Larval Form- PL 16 (173): Snare 14 Linked to Blast 14 (70), AE: "Mega Breast Cannon" Blast 18 (36), Concealment 2 (Vision) (4) [8]
Mothra Leo- PL 16 (250): Variable to Energy Blast (1), Concealment (Visuals, Limited to Blending), "Turn to Thousands of Mothras" Morph 1 (Metamorph) (6), AE: "Sun Strike Buster" Damage 16 (250ft. Burst +4, Distracting) [10]
Rainbow Mothra- PL 16 (250): Variable to Energy Blast (1), "Turn to Thousands of Mothras" Morph 1 (Metamorph) (6), AE: "Reflective Rainbow Powder" Affliction 22 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Ranged, Cumulative) AE: Turn to Aqua Mothra, AE: "Pressure Field" Deflect 20 [10]
Aqua Mothra- PL 16 (243): Swimming 12 (AE of Flight), Variable to Energy Blast, AE: "Pressure Field" Deflect 20 [3]
Light Speed Mothra- PL 14 (263): Flight +11, AE: Movement 4 (Space Travel 2, Time Travel 2) [23]
Armor Mothra- PL 16 (245): Variable to Energy Blast (1), "Armor" Protection +2, AE: "Sharp Wings" Strength-Damage +2, AE: "Excel Dash Buster" Damage 20 Linked to Weaken Toughness 20 [5]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Mothra (Showa)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:26 am Image

Quote: "TWEE-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-Er-!"

MOTHRA- LARVAL FORM (Mosura- Showa Era)
First Appearance:
"Mothra" (1961)
PL 13 (165)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 12 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+12 Size)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 15) [19]

"Insect Physiology"
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Giant Silk Strands" Snare 22 (Feats: Ranged 2) (68) -- [70]
  • AE: "Silk Stream" Snare 13 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (Flaws: Touch Range) (54)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (39)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Silk Strands +4 (+22 Ranged Affliction, DC 32)
Silk Stream +13 Area (+13 Affliction, DC 23)
Smash +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +20 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +8

Complications:

Total: Abilities: -18 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 139 / Defenses: 32 (165)

MOTHRA- ADULT FORM (Mosura- Showa Era)
First Appearance:
"Mothra" (1961)
PL 15 (224)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 16 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+16 Size)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 25) [29]

"Insect Physiology"
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Poison Dust" Weaken Stamina 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cloud +5) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (Quirks: Will Lose Flight) (74) -- [77]
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 15 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (60)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 250ft. Cone +3) (60)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Poison Dust +15 Area (+15 Weaken, DC 25)
Wind Storm +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20 (+13 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 164 / Defenses: 35 (224)

-Mothra is HUGE in Japan, starring in several films of its very own (not just the first- featuring an iconic image of the Larval Mothra cocooning itself around the Tokyo Tower), but he's not quite so big in America, being a big sissy-looking moth-thing. Of course, this sissy-looking moth-thing can tear a skyscraper in half, put Godzilla on his ass, and take on some of the meanest monsters in fiction, so appearances ain't everything.

-Mothra's probably the most good-natured of all Kaiju, being a global protector that will fight any evil creature (even Godzilla on one of his bad days), and will sacrifice its life if necessary. In Mothra, a larval creature stormed Tokyo when some evil bastards stole the Shobijin ("small beauties"), two Princesses worshipped on Mothra's native island. Wreaking havoc and then spinning a cocoon around Tokyo's most famous landmark, she re-emerged as a gigantic moth creature. It finally returned to live in peace.

-In Godzilla (vs) Mothra, she returns to save people from Godzilla, but is badly burned and dies atop her egg, in one of Godzilla's more malicious appearances. Her egg hatches, however, revealing two new larvae, which wraps Godzilla in silk and dumps him off a cliff, ending the film victorious. One dies by Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster, leaving only one to aid Godzilla and Rodan against a fearsome new foe- they refuse to fight King Ghidorah, leaving Mothra to fight alone. Her brave sacrifice shames the other two monsters, who are impressed with her fortitude and arrive to send off Ghidorah. Mothra returns as a "Godzilla Ally" in many other films.

-Mothra here is built in two forms- the weaker Larval form, and it's later Adult stage. As an adult, Mothra has Rodan-like Flight-powers, as well as a rarely-used Poison Dust. It's also one hell of a lot smarter than the other Kaiju- packing actual Awareness beyond the human norm, as well as a Communication Link with the tiny "Singing Princesses" that have also become iconic Toho-stuff. Note that later Mothra Larvae were much smaller than the first Showa one- which wasn't much smaller than the Adult version- they maintain the same states otherwise though, lifting a "mere" 3,200 tons.
THAT'S MY GIRLS!! Mothraya,Mothraya!......
Mothra is my favorite Kaiju just because she different from the other's in the fact she wanted to Protect the world.It only ran over Tokyo when that Jack%#@$ developer guy kidnapped the Shobijins(who happen to be my first&second Wifeus....No It's not illegal,shut up!) and got what they deserved..Speaking of my Wifeus...
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Godzilla! Ebirah! Rodan! Gargantuas! Mothra!)

Post by MacynSnow »

I think the Mothra trilogy was a good idea that would've worked over here if they weren't afraid of a smaller box office return(Godzilla films always did small in America untill just recently,despite the Rabid fanbase we have for it here....).