Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mechagodzilla! Jet Jaguar! KING GHIDORAH!!!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:13 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:00 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:48 am Most daikaijū roar, some screech, a couple yell, a few of the insectoid ones chitter... This evil bastard giggles.
And that's what's the Scariest part about Ghidorah....He's the Sir Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lecter of Kaiju.... :shock:
Right down to the part where he's only on screen for 12 minutes in a 118 minute long movie!
But remember this great line from the Movie Megamind....
"The Difference between Villians and SUPER Villians is....PRESENTATION!"
:D
HalloweenJack

Re: Ookondoru

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:36 pm [

-Appearing with no origin story or reason, the Giant Condor simply appeared in Ebirah- Horror of the Deep, attacking Godzilla out of nowhere.

like Ebirah, it was apparently a mutation created by the Red Bamboo
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gigan! Manda! Mechagodzilla! Titanosaurus!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 am
Ares wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 am I kind of liked Jet Jaguar as an unambiguously good guy (at least when not under alien control), and while he could use a little re-design, I actually kind of dig the guy.

Funny enough, in a recent IDW Godzilla series, Jet was treated as basically the Superman of the setting and primary hero of humanity, being the all around badass on the side of good. How badass?

He knocked Godzilla the fuck out with ONE PUNCH. And this was after taking a combo of atomic breath to the face and getting tail-smashed for good measure. Jet just gets back up, KTFO's Godzilla, flies his unconscious body into the middle of the ocean, and drops him off. :shock:
That strikes me as ridiculous Power-Geeking, especially as it's a bottom-tier character doing it. That's worse than Quick Kick wiping out Snake-Eyes. Did Aubrey Sitterson write this?

Bottom tier?

Jet Jaguar broke Gigan's arm then pressed him over head and chucked him into the air.

A good solid shot and I could totally see him doing that to Godzilla, between his strength and dexterity, and besides....comics Jet Jaguar was hinted at not being an earthly creation but an alien robot.

when the aliens controlling the monsters spot him, he's all "oh no....THAT thing....here?!"
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I always thought Jet Jaguar was awesome, but that's probably because he reminds me of Ultraman, and I really like Ultraman too.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Most of my friends didn't believe me when I tried to explain to them that Jet Jaguar was referenced in Neon Genesis Evangelion... But there he is. Goofy grin, Seventies Chevrolet color scheme, and all.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:10 am Image

Most of my friends didn't believe me when I tried to explain to them that Jet Jaguar was referenced in Neon Genesis Evangelion... But there he is. Goofy grin, Seventies Chevrolet color scheme, and all.
I was gonna bring that up at some point, too. After, all, it's called "Jet Alone", referencing both Jet Jaguar's original name, Red Alone, and his final name.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

He's also technically the only humanoid mech in the series... ;)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:57 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 am
Ares wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 am I kind of liked Jet Jaguar as an unambiguously good guy (at least when not under alien control), and while he could use a little re-design, I actually kind of dig the guy.

Funny enough, in a recent IDW Godzilla series, Jet was treated as basically the Superman of the setting and primary hero of humanity, being the all around badass on the side of good. How badass?

He knocked Godzilla the fuck out with ONE PUNCH. And this was after taking a combo of atomic breath to the face and getting tail-smashed for good measure. Jet just gets back up, KTFO's Godzilla, flies his unconscious body into the middle of the ocean, and drops him off. :shock:
That strikes me as ridiculous Power-Geeking, especially as it's a bottom-tier character doing it. That's worse than Quick Kick wiping out Snake-Eyes. Did Aubrey Sitterson write this?

Bottom tier?

Jet Jaguar broke Gigan's arm then pressed him over head and chucked him into the air.

A good solid shot and I could totally see him doing that to Godzilla, between his strength and dexterity, and besides....comics Jet Jaguar was hinted at not being an earthly creation but an alien robot.

when the aliens controlling the monsters spot him, he's all "oh no....THAT thing....here?!"
I mean "bottom tier" because he's stupid, unpopular, and he never even reappeared :P.

Jet Jaguar is the Dino Bravo of Godzilla characters.

Jet Jaguar sucks.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:46 amI mean "bottom tier" because he's stupid, unpopular, and he never even reappeared :P.
Ah, but how much more glorious than boring reality are the imaginary movies in which he might have reappeared.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

King Ghidorah (Heisei)

Post by Jabroniville »

KING GHIDORAH (aka Kingu Gidora, Ghidrah- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Eiji Tsuburaya
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah" (1991)
Role: The Big Bad, Evil Monster, Super-Dragon
Size: 150 meters (492 feet)
PL 16 (300)
STRENGTH
22 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 16 (+14, +25 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidextrous), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Intimidation), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Gravity Beam) 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Fast Grab, Last Stand, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 22 (Str & Sta +22, +22 Mass, +11 Intimidation, -11 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -22 Stealth) -- (380 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [45]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 31) [36]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]

"Space Creature"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Multiple Heads"
"No Hands, But Three Heads" Extra Limbs 1 [1]
Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]

"Combined Gravity Beam" Blast 23 (Feats: Extended Reach 4) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 16, Area- 60ft. +16 Burst +2) (120) -- [127]
  • AE: "Multiple Gravity Beams" Blast 24 (Feats: Extended Reach 4, Split 2) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 16) (94)
  • AE: "Gravity Wide Arc" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 480ft. Cone +4) (85)
  • AE: "Gravity Line" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 480ft. Line +5) (102)
  • AE: "Sonic Boom" Blast 14 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Burst +5) (Flaws: Limited to When Flying By) (84)
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Move Object 16 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (48)
  • AE: "Terrorizing Gale" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (51)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (51)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Gravity Beams +9 (+24 Ranged Damage, DC 39)
Combined Beam +9 (+23 Ranged Damage, DC 38)
Area Attacks +17 Area (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +23 (+16 Impervious), Fortitude +20, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- King Ghidorah cannot speak, nor use his heads to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy (Godzilla)
Reputation (Villain)- King Ghidorah is the most-feared monster in the entire galaxy, so much so that it took seven other Kaiju to kill him. Expect his mere appearance to mobilize the entire planet against him.
Motivation (KICKING ASS)- Ghidorah is a tremendous force for destruction, having wiped out the Venusian civilization centuries ago. He either does so of his own volition, or under the direction of various controlling alien masters.

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 30 / Powers: 239 / Defenses: 31 (300)

-Heisei Ghidorah is actually WEAKER than his original incarnation, being defeated by Godzilla fair and square- Godzilla even RIPPED HIS CENTRAL HEAD OFF. He's larger, but has the same durability, which actually pushes his defenses LOWER, so the PL 16 Godzilla can defeat him. The Ghidorah Mothra defeated in Rebirth of Mothra III is closer to this guy statistically, though possibly only PL 14, owing to a loss against a single form-changing Mothra Leo. He's also about half this size. Keizer Ghidorah from Final Wars is probably around this level, too, getting skooshed by Godzilla after a fight against every OTHER monster in the pantheon.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Gigan! Mechagodzilla! Titanosaurus! Jet Jaguar!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:45 pm
KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:38 pm It's like how "Oozaru" really just means "Giant Monkey/Ape" But people still insist on using the Japanese name for..reasons beyond me.
The Criterion Collection version of Godzilla (1954) has a commentary track that opens with a fantastic rant from film historian David Kalat that tears into American fans who insist that Gojira is "correct" and Godzilla is "incorrect," where he points out that ゴジラ can be read as either ゴ goshira; ゴ gojira; or, ゴ gozira. All depending on which romanization scheme you use and to 99.9% of native Japanese speakers there isn't any detectable difference between these pronunciations.
It was kinda funny how the American version made a big deal out of that ("It's GOJIRA, you morons!").
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken Watanabe was the only one that pronounced it correctly. English just doesn’t have the quite the same phoneme for the ジ character, which is why “shi” “ji” and “zi” are all both kinda right and kinda not right. We come a lot closer with the ラ character, but let’s be honest, the way Southeast Asian languages mashup the “la” and “ra” sounds has been a source of (somewhat racist) humor in the English world for decades... Really the the only part of ゴジラ we ever pronounce right is the “Go.”

At any rate, Toho’s official stance is that its “Godzilla” in the English-speaking markets and “ゴジラ” in Japan.
MacynSnow

Re: King Ghidorah (Heisei)

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:26 am Image
KING GHIDORAH (aka Kingu Gidora, Ghidrah- Heisei Era)
-Heisei Ghidorah is actually WEAKER than his original incarnation, being defeated by Godzilla fair and square- Godzilla even RIPPED HIS CENTRAL HEAD OFF. He's larger, but has the same durability, which actually pushes his defenses LOWER, so the PL 16 Godzilla can defeat him. The Ghidorah Mothra defeated in Rebirth of Mothra III is closer to this guy statistically, though possibly only PL 14, owing to a loss against a single form-changing Mothra Leo. He's also about half this size. Keizer Ghidorah from Final Wars is probably around this level, too, getting skooshed by Godzilla after a fight against every OTHER monster in the pantheon.

You know,as much as Ghidorah scares the ever lovin' Beejees out of me(even today,i get chills just hearing the Laughter....), a part of me feels kinda sorry for him.....finding out your to Old to run with the pack anymore is never fun. :P
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

English just doesn’t have the quite the same phoneme for the ジ character, which is why “shi” “ji” and “zi” are all both kinda right and kinda not right.
Reminds me of how I almost missed my stop on the train because I didn't recognize the next station's name: "Tokyo".

I was like "... wait. I thought MY stop was next! What's this Doh-KYOHHHHH station? I... oh shit, wait."

Similarly, anything with an "F" in it sounds a bit different. Names like "Mount Fuji" sound more like "hwoo-ji".

The R/L thing is the most famous thing (it's the constant bane of anyone teaching English in Japan, too), but there's more. Similarly, apparently our accents SUCK over there- one Japanese person told me that Westerners trying to use Japanese words often sound completely wrong.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

A compilation of all the Ghidorah roars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtAcLQRUCY

GOD the Showa ones... 1:25 on are just horrifying. It sounds SO weird, inhuman and freaky. Other monsters make such deep, booming roars that this high-pitched bell-ringing is extremely unsettling.