Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Destroyah! Zilla! Baragon! Orga! MUTOs!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

and they're based off a creature in the original King Kong
Jabroniville

Gamera

Post by Jabroniville »

GAMERA (Showa Era)
First Appearance:
"Gamera: The Giant Monster" (1965)
Role: Unstoppable Monster, Heroic Kaiju, Iconic Turtle-Beast
Size: 50 meters (164 feet)
PL 15 (260)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 17 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+11, +20 Size)
Ranged Combat (Atomic Breath) 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Fireball Ejection) 2, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 18 (Str & Sta +18, +18 Mass, +9 Intimidation, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) -- (170 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [37]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 27) [32]

"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Detect Radiation- Ranged) [5]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]
Immunity 2 (Heat, Radiation) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]

"Can Breathe In Space"
Immunity 4 (Vacuum, Cold, Drowning & Suffocation) [4]
Movement 1 (Space Travel) [2]

"Fireball Ejection" Blast 22 (Feats: Ranged 4) (Extras: Penetrating 16, Area- 60ft. Burst +2 on 15 Ranks) (94) -- [96]
  • AE: "Sharpened Shell" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extars: Penetrating 16) (Inaccurate -1) (18)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Sharpened Shell +8 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Atomic Breath +7 (+15 Damage/+22 Ranged Damage, DC 30-37)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +22 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +10

Complications:
Responsibility (Guardian of the Universe)- Gamera develops into an ally and defender of humanity.
Vulnerable (Freezing)- Though he can survive in space, Gamera is vulnerable to freezing-related attacks.
Enemy (The Gyaos, Others)
Disabled (Animal)- Gamera cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.

Abilities: 10 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 198 / Defenses: 31 (260)

-Gamera came out the decade following Godzilla, and is almost as popular as many of Godzilla's friends- he's not as well-known as Rodan or Mothra, but he's been iconic enough to have a parody show up in Justice League Unlimited and South Park, and have a real-live animal named after him (an extinct turtle who has pointy bits on its shell that resemble Gamera's). He is not a Toho creation, and has thus never encountered Godzilla, despite that probably being a big deal if it happened. There were eight moves in the Showa Era, lasting from 1965-1980, and more in modern times. I watched one of the modern ones (where he fights the Gyaos- Guardian of the Universe) a decade or so ago- I remember nothing about it.

-Initially, he was just your standard Terrorizing Kaiju, but showed some heroic attributes, saving a small boy at one point. Eventually, however, he shifts to a very heroic figure, called "Guardian of the Universe" after a point. His origin is little-explained in the Showa Era, as he's just kind of "there" and awakens in Antarctica as a result of human conflict. In the Heisei Era, he is more explicitly made heroic, as the Atlanteans created him to defeat the Gyaos (flying Pteranodon Monsters). 

-Gamera is around as powerful as Showa-Era Godzilla- in the modern films, he's even shown being knocked out of the sky by conventional human weaponry. His shell is extremely tough, but his underbelly is more vulnerable, so his overall durability matches Godzilla's, too. He's much pricier than Godzilla, owing to his Flight and a bit of greater intelligence.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I suspect that if they ever made Gojira versus Gamera, they really would have to film two different endings to keep riots from breaking out.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Davies wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:47 am I suspect that if they ever made Gojira versus Gamera, they really would have to film two different endings to keep riots from breaking out.
Nah, you go the classic Marvel Team-Up route and have the two of them get into two inconclusive fights: one that ends with Gamera having the upper hand, but unable to finish it; one where Godzilla has the upper hand at the end, but is also prevented from finishing it... Then the real villain of the piece is revealed in Act III and Gamera and Godzilla have to team-up to defeat him.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Zilla! Baragon! Orga! MUTOs! Gamera!)

Post by MacynSnow »

I know this might get me beat-up by Gamera fans,but if your gonna build "The Protector Of All Children" you need to add his sidekick KENNY....*immediately dives into a nearby ditch for cover from Angry Gamera fans*...
Jabroniville

Bagan

Post by Jabroniville »

BAGAN
Created By:
Tomoyuki Tanaka
First Appearance: "Super Godzilla" (1993 Video Game)
Role: Repeatedly-Scrapped Monster
Size: 150 meters (492 feet)
PL 16 (257)
STRENGTH
22 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Intimidation 16 (+14, +25 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Plasma Beam) 2, Improved Hold, Fast Grab, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Startle, Takedown 2, Ultimate Toughness Check, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 22 (Str & Sta +22, +22 Mass, +11 Intimidation, -11 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -22 Stealth) -- (380 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [45]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 31) [36]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]

"Space Creature"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Plasma Beam" Blast 24 (Feats: Variable- Energy Types, Extended Range 4, Split 2) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 18) (97) -- [99]
  • AE: "Beam Line" Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 480ft. Line +5) (96)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (48)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Energy Beam +9 (+24 Ranged Damage, DC 39)
Area Attacks +16 Area (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +23 (+16 Impervious), Fortitude +20, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Bagan cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy (Godzilla)

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 196 / Defenses: 31 (257)

-Bagan is notable for being in the plans for a Toho movie SEVERAL TIMES, yet never actually making an appearance- his only shot was in a 1993 Super Famicom game, Super Godzilla. Plans for him go as far back as 1980, for a planned revival of the franchise! He was then planned to show up in a Mothra film, which was switched to Godzilla (vs) Bagan, then finally that became Godzilla (vs) King Ghidorah instead, because that's a more marketable villain. Most of the Bagans were supposed to be a creature with three forms, though they often got reduced to a singular form during the creation process.

-Bagan is spliced together from Godzilla & Ghidorah's cells, and is the Final Boss of Super Godzilla. He's just a standard Big Strong Kaiju, but packs some impressive stats. The movie versions generally included shapeshifting powers (basically two separate Metamorph Powers, allowing for a Flying and Aquatic form).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Giant Claw

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GIANT CLAW
Role:
Background Monster, Totally Not My Roc Build With The Growth Changed and a Force Field Added
First Appearance: "The Giant Claw" (1957)
Size: 45 meters (150 feet)
PL 12 (170)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+5)
Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 11 (+17 Size)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended, Ultra & Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Natural Weapons- Talons & Beak" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Penetrating 12) [15]

Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]

"Natural Size" Growth 17 (Str & Sta +17, +17 Mass, +8 Intimidation, -8 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -17 Stealth) -- (150 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [35]
Force Field 5 (Extras: Impervious 17) [22]

"Wing Sweep" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (48) -- [50]
  • AE: "Wing Storm" Move Object 12 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cone +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (36)
  • AE: "Wing Storm- Knockback" Affliction 12 (Strength; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cone +3) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Natural Weapons +6 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Wing Storm +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Wing Sweep +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +15 (+20 Force Field, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Birds cannot speak to humans, nor use their talons to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -12 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 131 / Defenses: 27 (170)

-The Giant Claw is a legendarily bad "Z Movie" from 1957, featuring the worst Monster Puppet design known to man. It's a giant bird that sports an anti-matter shield, which is taken down by an isotope, allowing the monster to be killed. Bill Warren of The New York Times commented, "This would have been an ordinarily bad movie of its type, with a good performance by Jeff Morrow, if the special effects had been industry standard for the time. That, however, is not what happened. The Claw is not just badly rendered, it is hilariously rendered, resembling nothing so much as Warner Bros. cartoon-character Beaky Buzzard. Once seen, you will never forget this awesomely silly creation". Wikipedia says that Morrow later confessed in an interview that no one in the film knew what the titular monster looked like until the film's premiere. Morrow himself first saw the film in his hometown, and hearing the audience laugh every time the monster appeared on screen, he left the theater early, embarrassed that anyone there might recognize him (he allegedly went home and began drinking).

-I can't really build the thing- I have no idea how big it is, but it's apparently invincible thanks to a Force Field that required a special radioactive isotope to bring down.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:47 am I suspect that if they ever made Gojira versus Gamera, they really would have to film two different endings to keep riots from breaking out.
I wonder how big Gamera is REALLY- I saw way more Godzilla stuff when I was over there- stores featuring it, a giant statue outside a movie theatre in the busiest district in the city, ultra-expensive statues in Akihabara stores, etc.
KorokoMystia

Re: The Giant Claw

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 am Image

THE GIANT CLAW
Role:
Background Monster, Totally Not My Roc Build With The Growth Changed and a Force Field Added
First Appearance: "The Giant Claw" (1957)
Size: 45 meters (150 feet)
I love The Giant Claw, purely because of how goofy the thing looks. Also,one of the Godzilla wikis (which are now including non-Toho kaiju too, apparently) I was reading says that it's
183 meters (600 feet) (but I dunno how much that includes wingspan), and that it also has concealment from all radar.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 am
I wonder how big Gamera is REALLY- I saw way more Godzilla stuff when I was over there- stores featuring it, a giant statue outside a movie theatre in the busiest district in the city, ultra-expensive statues in Akihabara stores, etc.
And I don't see a lot of Star Trek merch compared to the Star Wars merch when I go to a mall here in Edmonton, but if they announced a Star Trek vs. Star Wars movie that had Star Trek losing, I'd still expect fighting in the streets.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Gamera as a whole seems to be popular with Japanese daikaijū fans, but not as broadly popular with the public as a whole as Godzilla. Just look at the box office take for the most recent Gamera films compared to Godzilla films:

* Godzilla vs. Destroyer (1995) earned ¥1,000,000,000;
* Gamera: Daikaijū Kūchū Kessen / Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995) earned ¥520,000,000;
* Gamera Tsū Region Shūrai / Gamera 2: Legion Ivasion (1996) earned ¥700,000,000;
* Gamera Surī Jyashin Irisu Kakusei / Gamera 3: Evil God Awakening (1999) earned ¥600,000,000; and,
* Gojira Nisen: Mireniamu / Godzilla 2000: Millennium earned ¥1,650,000,000.

The most recent Gamera film was Gamera: Chiisaki Yūsha-tachi / Gamera the Brave (2006), a semi-reboot that tried to get the franchise back to the kid-friendly Showa style. It brought in a mere ¥410,000,000 in its domestic release. It was considered a box office failure and critical response was, in a word, “meh.” Kadokawa has put the series on indefinite hiatus.

I still think a Godzilla v. Gamera crossover would be well received. But, well, I’m a confirmed daikaijū fangirl... So I might not be unbiased.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So this it the end of the Godzilla-themed builds! Though there's of course a few more Kaiju coming, just not from any Toho franchise.
Jabroniville

Cloverfield

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CLOVERFIELD MONSTER
First Appearance:
"Cloverfield" (2008)
Role: Mysterious Monster
Size: 70 meters (250 feet)
PL 15 (176)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+11, +21 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 20 (Str & Sta +20, +20 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) -- (250 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [41]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 29) [33]

"Aquatic Creature"
Swimming 7 [7]
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold) [3]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) [42]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Area Attacks +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +22 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- The monster cannot speak, nor use its claws to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Parasites)- The monster is covered in large parasites, most of which are capable of killing people, often by venom that later blows them up.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 128 / Defenses: 32 (176)

-The movie Cloverfield was a solid hit, and very interesting in a kind of unique, experimental "found footage" sort of way. The whole thing features some chubby guy running around with a camera, filming the rampage of some mysterious creature we just never get a solid view of. The guy's efforts to keep filming are silly enough to be parodied in South Park when Guinea Pigs invade the city and Randy won't put down the goddamn camear, leading to constant shrieking from his wife.

-It's almost identical in size to the MUTOs, so it basically has the same stats. It's even aquatic! This monster design was weird and unnatural enough that it's led to a lot of creatures similar to it, especially the MUTOs of Godzilla (2014).
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Zone Fighter's build could probably be tweaked to make Ultraman, too (he's around the same size), though Ultraman does have a bunch more tricks, plus the three minute time limit complication that's iconic to him, and his page on his wiki is..pretty large, so I dunno.

Cloverfield did have two follow-up movies of sorts, 10 Cloverfield Lane and The Cloverfield Paradox, but I have no idea how they tie in to the original movie, if at all.
Davies

Post by Davies »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:55 pm Cloverfield did have two follow-up movies of sorts, 10 Cloverfield Lane and The Cloverfield Paradox, but I have no idea how they tie in to the original movie, if at all.
10 Cloverfield Lane does not, but The Cloverfield Paradox ends on a parallel Earth which is being ravaged by a much larger version of the Cloverfield monster.