Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rikuo! Morrigan! BB Hood! Lilith! Donovan!)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Twenty-ish.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

KorokoMystia wrote:So the Japan-only Darkstalkers Collection for PS2 introduced a "new character", Dee, who had previously appeared in one of Donovan's endings in one of the games. They are supposed to be Donovan with his vampire side having taken over, but on the in-game sprite, it's..just Donovan's head on Demitri's body with Donovan's sword. Talk about lazy, eh? I mean, I can't expect much when Capcom kept reusing Morrigan's sprite all those years, but still..
Ouch, that looks awful!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote:Funny story about that, I never visited a Disney park until I was seventeen (but about a month shy of eighteen) and the family took a day out of our vacation-slash-mom's-business-trip to drive up from San Diego to Disneyland.

Long story made short, the cute girl who I struck up a conversation with over lunch (my parents were off on some ride that didn't interest me) and then ended up snogging on the tea cup ride? She was nineteen and an off-duty Snow White.

Happiest place on Earth indeed.
"Snogging"

WATCHING BUFFY DOESN'T MAKE YOU ENGLISH, BATGIRL!

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote:WATCHING BUFFY DOESN'T MAKE YOU ENGLISH, BATGIRL!

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!
But you see, I identify as British, so it's not cultural appropriation. I'm Trans-Atlantic. Stop erasing my identity, Jab!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Pyron

Post by Jabroniville »

PYRON
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All but Darkstalkers 3
Home Country: Offworld
Role: Satanalogue, Final Boss
PL 12 (195)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+15)
Expertise (Galactic Conqueror) 10 (+14)
Intimidation 12 (+14)
Perception 9 (+13)
Ranged Combat (Sol Smasher) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Evasion, Fascination (Intimidation), Improved Critical (Sol Smasher) 2, Improved Critical (Zodiac Fire), Improved Critical (Planet Burning), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown (total 2)

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Alien Physiology"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) [6]

"Special Moves"
"Sol Smasher" Blast 10 (Reduced Defenses 2) (16) -- [19]
  • AE: "Galaxy Trip" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Zodiac Fire- Fire Wheel/Orbital Blaze- Fire Spin" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Planet Burning" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Zodiac Fire/Orbital Blaze +13 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Sol Smasher +12 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +10 (+11 D.Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +12

Complications: 
Motivation (Destroying Everything)- Pyron wishes to consume the universe in flames.
Responsibility (Likes a Challenge)- Pyron will gladly fight it out with interesting adversairies.
Weakness (Predictability)- Pyron, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 96 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 11 + 13 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 16 (195)

-Pyron is the strange boss of Darkstalkers, and is a Satanic-looking creature from a Hellish planet. His mission? To consume everything in the universe by dousing them in flames. He rules an army of Robots in his mission to destroy the universe, but is easily goaded into fighting the Darkstalkers in single combat.

Monster Basis: Pyron begs an obvious comparison to the devil of Christian mythology, what with the fire symbolism and the big horns (though a lot of that comes from other sources, and Satan himself isn't described with a lot of detail in the Bible). He also brings to mind some images of alien life, given that he's actually from an entirely different planet. His motivation is basically "Galactus Lite", though instead of using worlds for just food, Pyron seems to have malicious intent... which actually kinda makes him LESS interesting.

-Pyron's powers are apparently Cosmic-Tier, but of course he's a FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER, so a catgirl and a Zombie Rock Star can kick his ass, which is a weird contrast. In the "fluff" (supporting materials), he can grow to the point where he can wear entire planets on rings, and dwarf the entire Milky Way Galaxy. He's basically GALACTUS if you believe the fluff, which is why it's odd that he downgrades so far on Earth, and is in fact KILLED in the canonical ending of the second game! Gentlemen's Agreement, maybe? Despite being MADE OF FIRE, he doesn't fight like he's got an Energy Aura, but he probably should have one.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:
Batgirl III wrote:Funny story about that, I never visited a Disney park until I was seventeen (but about a month shy of eighteen) and the family took a day out of our vacation-slash-mom's-business-trip to drive up from San Diego to Disneyland.

Long story made short, the cute girl who I struck up a conversation with over lunch (my parents were off on some ride that didn't interest me) and then ended up snogging on the tea cup ride? She was nineteen and an off-duty Snow White.

"Snogging"

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!
So, do you object when I spell 'colour' and 'neighbour' with that 'u' between the 'o' and the 'r'?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ah Tony Jay
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:

"Snogging"

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!
So, do you object when I spell 'colour' and 'neighbour' with that 'u' between the 'o' and the 'r'?
Americans mustn't use them. British must. Only Canadians like me are allowed to randoumly put the letter "u" whereveur we please.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

And sometimes Canadians can even spell the 'o' sound as 'eaux'.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Hoid

Re: Pyron

Post by Hoid »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

PYRON
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All but Darkstalkers 3
Home Country: Offworld
Role: Satanalogue, Final Boss
PL 12 (195)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+15)
Expertise (Galactic Conqueror) 10 (+14)
Intimidation 12 (+14)
Perception 9 (+13)
Ranged Combat (Sol Smasher) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Evasion, Fascination (Intimidation), Improved Critical (Sol Smasher) 2, Improved Critical (Zodiac Fire), Improved Critical (Planet Burning), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown (total 2)

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Alien Physiology"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) [6]

"Special Moves"
"Sol Smasher" Blast 10 (Reduced Defenses 2) (16) -- [19]
  • AE: "Galaxy Trip" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Zodiac Fire- Fire Wheel/Orbital Blaze- Fire Spin" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Planet Burning" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Zodiac Fire/Orbital Blaze +13 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Sol Smasher +12 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +10 (+11 D.Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +12

Complications: 
Motivation (Destroying Everything)- Pyron wishes to consume the universe in flames.
Responsibility (Likes a Challenge)- Pyron will gladly fight it out with interesting adversairies.
Weakness (Predictability)- Pyron, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 96 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 11 + 13 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 16 (195)

-Pyron is the strange boss of Darkstalkers, and is a Satanic-looking creature from a Hellish planet. His mission? To consume everything in the universe by dousing them in flames. He rules an army of Robots in his mission to destroy the universe, but is easily goaded into fighting the Darkstalkers in single combat.

Monster Basis: Pyron begs an obvious comparison to the devil of Christian mythology, what with the fire symbolism and the big horns (though a lot of that comes from other sources, and Satan himself isn't described with a lot of detail in the Bible). He also brings to mind some images of alien life, given that he's actually from an entirely different planet. His motivation is basically "Galactus Lite", though instead of using worlds for just food, Pyron seems to have malicious intent... which actually kinda makes him LESS interesting.

-Pyron's powers are apparently Cosmic-Tier, but of course he's a FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER, so a catgirl and a Zombie Rock Star can kick his ass, which is a weird contrast. In the "fluff" (supporting materials), he can grow to the point where he can wear entire planets on rings, and dwarf the entire Milky Way Galaxy. He's basically GALACTUS if you believe the fluff, which is why it's odd that he downgrades so far on Earth, and is in fact KILLED in the canonical ending of the second game! Gentlemen's Agreement, maybe? Despite being MADE OF FIRE, he doesn't fight like he's got an Energy Aura, but he probably should have one.
That image is awesome, and I'm totally stealing it for the Forever Tree!
Jabroniville

Bishamon

Post by Jabroniville »

BISHAMON
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games
Home Country: Japan
Role: Demon Warrior
PL 10 (142)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Expertise (Samurai) 9 (+10)
Intimidation 12 (+12)
Perception 9 (+11)
Ranged Combat (Sword) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Kirisute Gomen), Improved Critical (Sword Toss), Improved Critical (Iagiri), Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown (total 2)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Iagiri- Multislash" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Flaws: Distracting 7) Linked to Affliction 6 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (10) -- [14]
  • AE: "Sword Toss" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses 1, Diminished Range -1) (9)
  • AE: "Sword Slash" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
  • AE: "Kirisute Gomen- Upwards Slash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (4)
  • AE: "Togakubi Sarashi- Grab & Slash" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Sword Slash +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Special Moves +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Iagiri +13 (+7 Damage & Affliction, DC 22 & 16)
Sword Toss +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +7 (+8 D.Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Bloodlust)- Bishamon has been possessed by Hannya, the Armor of Hate and Kien, the Blood-Sucking Sword. As such, his only goal now is to kill until he runs out of things to kill.
Responsibility (Guilt)- Bishamon still has a human soul, and it is guilt-ridden over the murders committed by himself.
Weakness (Predictability)- Bishamon, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 8 + 13 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (142)

-Bishamon has one of the best designs in the series, and the easiest to go COMPLETELY balls to the wall with, in that he's a Demonic Samurai Warrior- he's apparently an innocent man who donned the Armor of Hate and the Blood-Sucking Sword, which is the sort of thing that usually only happens by accident, or by Mind Control. In his case, the Armor & Sword called to him. Apparently in the end of Darkstalkers, he was free from the curse, but the armor soon formed a body for itself, resulting in the Bishamon seen in later games.

Monster Basis: The Darkstalkers Wikia site lists a fable of some "Soulless Samurai", said to be warriors who traded their souls with an evil man for some magically-powerful armor. It was said that these samurai were highly-skilled, but little-known compared to their peers, and their envy over this was exploited. The men went on to become feared monsters.

-Bishamon fights more or less on Demitri's level of power, wielding some pretty standard attacks, though his Sword Toss is iffy in-game- you throw the attack out and you have to wait until your sword returns to use another sword-based move. The giant maw in his belly apparently has no in-game effect.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Huitzil

Post by Jabroniville »

HUITZIL (aka Phobos)
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games
Home Country: Central/South American Area
Role: Killer Robot
PL 10 (115)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+10)
Perception 9 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Plasma Beam), Improved Critical (Might Launcher), Improved Critical (Circuit Scrapper), Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Float Jump" Flight 1 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [1]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 10 [10]
"Body Parts Into Weapons" Reach 1 [1]

"Plasma Beam" Blast 8 (Diminished Range -1, Reduced Defenses 2) Linked to Snare 6 (Flaws: Not Cumulative) (Diminished Range -1) (20) -- [23]
  • AE: "Might Launcher" Blast 10 (Reduced Defenses 1) (Inaccurate -1) (17)
  • AE: "Genocide Vulcan" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Distracting) (Inaccurate -1) (19)
  • AE: "Circuit Scrapper- Grab & Magnetize & Toss" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Circuit Scrapper +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Plasma Beam +12 (+8 Ranged Damage & +6 Affliction, DC 23 & 16)
Launcher/Vulcan +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10 (+11 D.Roll), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Motivation (Orders)- Huitzil simply does as he is programmed to do- wipe out all life.
Weakness (Predictability)- Huitzil, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 7 + 13 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 5 (115)

-Huitzil (called "Phobos" in Japan) was the Sub-Boss of the first game, and became playable in a later one- he's your average Kill-O-Bot, but I liked the design route they went with him. Instead of being a generic robot, he's got Mayan influences, so that he looks like a creature of another age, simply awakened in modern times. His moves are all pretty cool- he just converts his body like a Transformer, churning out stacked arsenals of weapons, missiles, a giant magnet, and more- dude can basically do ANYTHING, so long as it involves explosions or laser beams.

Monster Basis: Killer Robots are a more modern creation than most of the monsters who have inspired the Darkstalkers, but they're as powerful an image- unthinking, unyielding, dangerous creations who can not only kill us, but REPLACE us. The ultimate symbol of Fear Of The Future, and "Progress Gone Wrong". Add to that the bloody religions of the Central American Empires, and you've got a frightening icon.

-Huitzil is a major Powerhouse, PL 10 like the others, but packing some frightening hardware, and +10/+10 Blasts- a TRUE rarity for a Fighting Game character. He's a bit on the cheap side thanks to missing Abilities and Skills, but in terms of raw power, he's one of the top-tier Darkstalkers.
Jabroniville

Re: Pyron

Post by Jabroniville »

Hoid wrote: That image is awesome, and I'm totally stealing it for the Forever Tree!
Yeah, I'll give the series this- they really knocked it out of the park with character designs. Very, VERY few Fighting Games operate with that kind of success-rate with their characters- even the generic-looking guys (Demitri, Donovan) actually look a bit interesting. The only one I actively dislike is Lilith, for obvious reasons.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Talbain! Rikuo! Morrigan! BB Hood! Lilith!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote:Not that America is much better.

*sighs*

Who in their right mind runs beauty pageants for kids?!
*shakes fist at reality*
Yeah... I got nothin'. That remains the creepiest shit I've ever seen be put on in a public setting. Every part of that makes my skin crawl. The pathetic human swine that is Honey Boo-Boo's mom just makes it worse.
Ken

Re: Donovan

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

DONOVAN
Superman and Green Lantern ain't got nothing on him.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.