Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Jessica Jones! Chemistro! The Purple Man! Lionfang!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Lionfang has a really cool costume, I’m not sold on the colors (although that could just be the lighting of the scene and the cheap paper comics used back then).
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Impasse

Post by Jabroniville »

IMPASSE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Steven Grant & Geof Isherwood
First Appearance: Power Man & Iron Fist #101 (Jan. 1984)
Role: Jobber Villain, Germ Carrier, The Paris Hilton of Super-Villains
PL 9 (80)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+4)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Powers: 
"Deadly Touch" Weaken Stamina 10 (Extras: Progressive +2, Reaction +3) [60]

"Germ Gun" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [18]
Weaken Stamina 10 (Extras: Progressive +2) (30 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Deadly Touch +8 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Germ Gun +8 (+10 Ranged Weaken, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Prejudice (Bad Teeth)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 78 / Defenses: 8 (80)

-Impasse was a criminal busted for smuggling, and given a choice- imprisonment, or get germ warfare experiments put upon him. So naturally, he now becomes a super-powered germ carrier. Then escaped. He attacked and hospitalized both Power Man and Iron Fist under orders from a local mob boss. Misty Knight & Colleen Wing take charge, allying with a bounty hunter after the same man (he stole a germ gun from a foreign power). She eventually gives the antidote to the Daughters of the Dragon and their superhero friends, taking Impasse back to her home country. He has never reappeared.

-Impase is INSANELY dangerous, packing a lethal touch deadly enough to hospitalize both Iron Fist and Luke Cage for a full issue, requiring an antidote to improve their chances. Even Misty & Colleen nearly went down, despite having prep-time and trying to avoid his touch. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Misty Knight

Post by Jabroniville »

"Say that AGAIN, tough guy-- say 'Hail Hydra' one more mother--"

MISTY KNIGHT (Mercedes Knight)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Arvell Jones
First Appearance: Marvel Premiere #20 (Jan. 1975)
Role: Lady Detective, Sorta-Mercenary, 1970s Ethnic Stereotype
Group Affiliations: The Heroes For Hire, The Daughters of the Dragon, The NYPD, Nightwing Restorations Ltd., The Defenders
PL 8 (139)
STRENGTH
2/5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Police Officer) 5 (+8)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 10 (+14)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Contacts, Equipment 2 (Pistol +5), Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Firearms), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork, Tracking, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Bionic Arm"
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaws: Limited to One Arm) [3]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Chokehold, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack [4]

Equipment:
"Pistol" Blast 5 (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Bionic Arm +10 (+6 Damage, DC 20)
Pistol +11 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Danny Rand, The Iron Fist)- It's... complicated. They've been off-and-on for years, nearly got married, but now live apart. It doesn't help that they star in different series.
Responsibility (Bionic Arm)- Misty's arm cannot be mistaken for a normal one, and leaves her vulnerable to magnetic attacks, or just having the arm removed.
Relationship (Colleen Wing)- They are as gay for each other as Danny & Luke are gay for each other. Not as much as Sam & Frodo, or Ken & Ryu, but it's there.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 11 (139)

Misty Knight- Part of Why Marvel Replaced Their Heroes:
-Misty Knight has actually been around a really long time, but was generally always obscure- she was Danny Rand's Girlfriend for the largest chunk of time, but has ended up a supporting character in a bunch of other books, such as Shang-Chi's & Deathlok's (the '90s one). In recent years, she underwent a HUGE push, one far in excess of any real history or nostalgic potential she had, in a very big attempt to make her a bigger character- she got a Limited Series with hetero-lifemate Colleen Wing, a run in a new Heroes For Hire (a concept Marvel trots out every ten years or so to see if it will finally stick- it never has), and she's a co-lead in The Fearless Defenders, a sort of All-Girl Asskickers book which is actually pretty good (though the Big Heroic Sacrifice of the Indiana Jones Lesbian Girl fell REALLY flat because I felt that she was a nothing character who got almost no focus and no good lines).

-I'm a bit of a cynic, but I don't think it's just me who thinks that the REAL reason for her push is because she's a female minority character with some real history in an industry that's always searching for non-white male leads, but if she turns into a good character because of it, then what the hell? It reminds me of the freaking AGE OF ATLAS characters being given the Push of All Pushes only a few years ago, as if Marvel was literally trying to CRAM THE CHARACTERS DOWN OUR THROATS in a desperate attempt to make that book a top-seller ("Limited Series With X-Men!" "Crossover with the popular Hercules book!"), though most of those guys were white (well one was a formerly-white gorilla, plus there was an asian dude as the leader).

-That said... the repeated failure of Misty to gain traction with readers seems, to me anyways, to be a BIG part of the reason why Marvel's more-recent "Diversity Surge" led to the creation of a crapload of Replacement Heroes of female or minority status. When fans insist they want OLD or NEW Diversity Hires instead of mere copies that replace the old and trash them...  THIS is kind of what they meant! And the fact that it didn't WORK... well, you can thank The Fearless Defenders for JaneThor, SamCap, RiriIron Man, and more. I mean, it's not a direct line, but the repeated failures of Marvel's attempts to push Misty and other females/minorities would definitely explain why they took a different tactic the next time around.

Misty's Actual Bio:
-Misty was a Police Officer who lost an arm while disarming a bomb, and was given a bionic arm by Tony Stark as a result (an odd case of a superhero actually having a major effect on the civilian world)- she used this super-strong appendage for her detective work, helping out Colleen Wing and having some adventures, since she could no longer serve with the police. She hooked up with Danny Rand (subverting the cliched "each characater meets a mate of their own race" that Archie Comics and other companies often used when characters hooked up), becoming a side character of his for a long time. Since Chris Claremont was highly-involved with that book, he translated her to the X-Men series for a bit as Jean Grey's roommate while she was de-powered. She's very emblematic of the 1970s, having a giant 'fro and looking a bit like Pam Grier- this kind of makes her look a bit odd in modern books since she keeps the look, but not as bad as say, Dazzler's old outfit.

-She went the route of many "Hero's Girlfriend" characters during the '80s- breaking up with Danny more than once, briefly dating Luke Cage and a guy named Tyrone King (oh my god- blackest name ever). She and Colleen formed "Nightwing Restorations", but were supporting characters. She disappeared for the majority of the 1990s (she was in Deathlok for a few issues), only returning to semi-prominence in 2006 for Civil War- she & Colleen were hired by Reed Richards and the other heroes to re-form Heroes For Hire, this time as a band of superhuman-hunters that captured unregistered heroes and villains. Their team includes Shang-Chi, Humbug, Orka, Black Cat, Paladin, and a new Tarantula.

The Misty Push:
-This leads to the Immortal Iron Fist series, where she & Danny, who were on opposite sides of the Civil War, continue their relationship anyway- she talked like a Blaxploitation character, but got some good lines. She was just not utilized very much in their maxi-story, however. Heroes For Hire split up following a disastrous run against the Hulk's Warbound during World War Hulk (Humbug is mind-controlled into attacking them and Colleen quits after being tortured), and then she has a false pregnancy after a tease in Iron Fist. The strain causes the couple to live separately for a time.

-This era is part of the big "Misty Push" I indicated before, as she also acts as part of the ensemble cast of The Fearless Defenders, and is the manipulator behind the Villains For Hire mini-series (I found some of the art unpleasant, as the constant close-ups of her lips got a bit weird since SO MUCH detail was put into them) as well. Misty, after appearing in this handful of books, gets more and more prominent, leading a new Heroes For Hire group while under the Puppet Master's control, but breaking free and continuing it anyways. However, none of these books ever resulted in a concrete SUCCESS for Misty, which might have been the spark that indicated to Marvel that maybe they needed a different route to "Diversity In Comics". Eventually, she turns out to be dating Sam Wilson (now Captain America), too.

-It's kind of unfortunate that things never really work out for Misty, but really, "strong in one arm" is not much of a gimmick, and her appearance often looks rather dated, though afros go in and out of style frequently (currently, that look on a woman works more and more for me with each passing year. I dunno why). Ultimately, being the girlfriend of a C-Tier hero (at best) isn't much of a gig, which is why she went un-used or messed around with for so long (shockingly, she never died or was tortured; she just split with Danny. Hell, HE had worse things happen to him than she did!). Marvel putting her in series after series around 2006-2012 or so failed to make her much of a star. Being Sam Wilson's girlfriend is probably just going to end up as another one of those "Temporary Modern Relationships" that writers oddly seem to be fans of these days (where heroes randomly hook up with each other every time a new writer takes over), and they'll probably try another shot or two with her since she's in the Netflix stuff, but who knows?

Misty's Might:
-Misty is an extremely skilled Detective (one of the go-to characters for that in Marvel, actually), and is a very skilled martial artist, but generally isn't in the super-hero class for it. She hits like a ton of bricks in melee with her Bionic Arm, though, often choking people to near-death or breaking holes in concrete when she goes all-out. At PL 8, she's tough, but she's nowhere near the Goonsweeper Danny or Colleen Wing are, and has to hang back in super-fights or else she's going to get torn up.

Misty apparently has a newer arm, that I didn't see in The Immortal Iron Fist or The Fearless Defenders, which is a bit different. It adds:
"Disintegrate Metals" Damage 8 Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaws: Affects Objects Only +0, Limited to Metals) (18) -- [20]
  • AE: "Anti-Gravity Repulsor" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (12)
  • AE: "Cryonic Energy" Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Affects Objects Only +0, Ranged) (12)
It could also apparently control robots (never saw that), and might have a Concussive Blast & Magnetism as well. It looks like later writers just went Back To Basics on her and ignored it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Colleen Wing

Post by Jabroniville »

Misty: "Kill that first one for ME, baby."
(Colleen backflips down an elevator shaft with her katana, after some HYDRA goons)
Colleen: "10th Floor-- Accounting, Lingerie and DEATH BY SWORD."
Misty: "I love that crazy white girl so much I could holler."
Luke: "Y'all should get gay-married."

COLLEEN WING
Created By:
Doug Moench & Larry Hama
First Appearance: Marvel Premiere #19 (Nov. 1974)
Role: Lady Detective, White Samurai, Side Character
Group Affiliations: The Heroes For Hire, The Daughters of the Dragon, Knightwing Restorations Ltd., The Nail
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Samurai) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 8 (+11)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Equipment 2 (Katana), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork, Takedown 2, Trance

Equipment:
"1,000-Year Old Samurai Katana" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Katana +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Misty Knight)- They are as gay for each other as Danny & Luke are gay for each other. Not as much as Sam & Frodo, or Ken & Ryu, but it's there.
Relationship (Mother)- Colleen's mother was apparently the leader of an all-female assassination wing of The Hand known as "The Nail". She joined a new incarnation, but soon had to fight them.
Relationship (Bob Diamond)- Colleen was hooked up with one of the Sons of the Tiger for a number of years.
Relationship (Luke Cage)- The two were together briefly back in the day, but it doesn't get talked about much.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (126)

-Colleen Wing was introduced just before Misty was (by a different creative team- Marvel Premiere was a try-out book, with a lot of random stuff), and is a White/Japanese mix who learned the way of the samurai from her grandfather while in Japan. She teams up with Iron Fist at first, then makes acquaintances with Misty Knight, becoming her partner in "Nightwing Restorations". When the Fist/Power Man stuff wasn't selling so hot, she went all over the place, briefly flirting with Cyclops in X-Men (Jean was dead by then), romancing Bob Diamond of the Sons of the Tiger (fitting for a Daughter of the Dragon), and more.

-As a Sidekick to a Side Character already, and not prone to Misty's current semi-big character push in recent years, she's REALLY far down the totem pole of super-heroes (hell, first reading Immortal Iron Fist the first time, I was like "who the hell is that girl with the sword?" And remember, I can name every member of The Acolytes). She recently split up from Misty after their Heroes For Hire teammate Paladin offered Moon Boy to some bad people, and she's sort of in Marvel Limbo, helping out briefly as the most no-name character in that Fearless Defenders issue where they gather new Valkyries from the various super-women of the Marvel Universe, and finding out that her mother was killed because she had links to The Hand.

-Colleen is a bit tougher in combat than Misty Knight is, but hangs on a level below most of the elite fighters at Marvel- I imagine her being a strong fight for Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye or somebody like that, but ultimately she would probably lose- she just doesn't have the credibility, time spent in super-fights, or feats to her name to be put any higher than PL 8.5.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Misty Knight

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:15 am Image
I'm surprised Jab doesn't have that picture framed and mounted over his, I mean, on his wall.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Purple Man! Lionfang! Misty Knight & Colleen Wing!))

Post by Jabroniville »

... you can't prove anything.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Danny, Luke, Colleen, and Misty just need to all get married to each other. (Stupid anti-bigamy laws.)
Jabroniville

Cockroach Hamilton

Post by Jabroniville »

COCKROACH HAMILTON (Dontrell Hamilton)
Created By:
Don McGregor & George Tuska
First Appearance: Luke Cage, Power Man #28 (Dec. 1975)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The Flashmob, The New Pride
PL 7 (71)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 1 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Shotgun), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"SIX-BARRELLED Shotgun" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [11]
Blast 8 (16) -- (17 points)
  • AE: "Gas" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Shotgun +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Gas +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 4 (71)

-Cockroach Hamilton is a former fraidy-cat who grew into a hitman-for-hire who built his own fancy SIX-BARRELLED SHOTGUN (named "Josh"), while teaming with his boss, Piranha Jones. He dislocated Luke Cage's shoulder with his shotgun and killed someone Cage was hired to protect, but manages to avoid jail, sealing Cage and his boss in a vat of actual piranhas. A one-off kinda guy, he later shows up in Terror Inc. almost TWENTY YEARS LATER, and Terror manages to kill Jones. Cockroach is later defeated, and seen in a group of guys sent against The Black Panther, who adds Cage, Falcon, Iron Fist & Black Goliath to his own side against them. He also appears briefly in Avengers: EMH, then becomes one of those "Recurring Cage Foes", showing up as part of the "Flashmob" sent to kill Power Man II. Here, his beloved gun was crushed by Luke Cage, and he was sent to jail. He later got beaten by the Heroes For Hire (along with the Flashmob), then Cage & Iron Fist, then joins Alex Wilder's New Pride.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this...” –Demolition Ranch

Behold the ludicrously awesome Triple Double!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I've always loved Colleen Wing, even with her remarkably over-simple costume. For better or worse, however, she is never drawn as looking half-Japanese.

I like the TV version of Colleen a lot too, though she seems like a much different character.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Piranha Jones

Post by Jabroniville »

PIRANHA JONES (Raymond Jones)
Created By:
Don McGregor & George Tuska
First Appearance: Luke Cage, Power Man #28 (Dec. 1975)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 6 (78)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Wealth), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bite), Startle

Powers:
"Sharp Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 4) (Inaccurate -1) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sharp Teeth +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Prejudice (Bad Teeth)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 6 (78)

-Raymond Jones came from a poor family, and was only fifteen when his teeth decayed and finally rotted away. He received some special new sharp teeth that were stitched into his gums without anesthetic (JESUS CHRIST), and eventaully became Piranha Jones- the terror of the East Side, and a minor Crime Boss. He teamed with Cockroach against Luke Cage, but was defeated, and wasn't seen again until he faced Terror Inc. in the 1990s. Terror was hired by some Mob Princesses to kill Jones, who, eager to free himself from his vile reputation, revealed that he'd set the Princesses up with a frame-job. Terror killed him anyways.

-His gimmick is that he has really, really sharp teeth (much like the later Cybertooth of The Pacific Overlords... and also Cottonmouth, another Cage foe), as well as a pit full of actual Piranhas in his East Side penthouse.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:09 pm I've always loved Colleen Wing, even with her remarkably over-simple costume. For better or worse, however, she is never drawn as looking half-Japanese.

I like the TV version of Colleen a lot too, though she seems like a much different character.
Asian people are notoriously hard to draw in a realistic art style (ESPECIALLY back before coloring improved, and colorists were willing to paint them in "jaundice yellow"), and her being half-Asian (and light-haired) probably makes it even worse.
Jabroniville

Lone Shark

Post by Jabroniville »

LONE SHARK (Lenny Sirkes)
Created By:
Wyatt Cenac & Todd Nauck
First Appearance: Marvel's Assistant-Sized Spectacular #2 (June 2009)
Role: D-League Villain, Animalistic Villain
Group Affiliations: None

-Created by Daily Show staffer/correspondant Wyatt Cenac (who departed the show after a heated argument over Stewart's "black accent" for Herman Cain, which Cenac found Amos & Andy-like, and was told to "fuck off!" before things cooled down), Lone Shark has an AMAZING Punny Name, but is a total one-off. He's a thug hired by a real estate broker to scare people out of Brooklyn so the land there can be bought cheaply. Wearing an armored suit, he fights Luke Cage & Jessica Jones, and is easily defeated. Probably a PL 6 Powersuit Guy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

How did Pirhana Jones or Cottonmouth keep from accidentally biting off their own tongues, I wonder?
Jabroniville

Boris & Ninotchka

Post by Jabroniville »

BORIS
Created By:
Mary Jo Duffy & Kerry Gammill
First Appearance: Power Man & Iron Fist #77 (Jan. 1982)
Role: Forgotten Villain, Powerhouse
Group Affiliations: Boris & Ninotchka, The KGB
PL 8 (87)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+7)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Boris & Ninotchka are mercenaries.
Relationship (Ninotchka)- Boris is so protective of his partner than he will risk the mission to guard her.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (87)

NINOTCHKA
Created By:
Mary Jo Duffy & Kerry Gammill
First Appearance: Power Man & Iron Fist #77 (Jan. 1982)
Role: Forgotten Villain, Evil Ballerina
Group Affiliations: Boris & Ninotchka, The KGB
PL 8 (87)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+14)
Deception 3 (+7)
Expertise (Mercenary) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Dancing) 8 (+12)
Insight 2 (+3)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Equipment (Knife +1), Evasion, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Pressure Point Strikes" Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Knife +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Pressure Point Strikes +11 (+5 Affliction, DC 15)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Boris & Ninotchka are mercenaries.
Relationship (Boris)- Ninotchka coos over Boris gently when he is injured, and is easily distracted if he is endangered.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 9 (87)

-Boris & Ninotchka were utterly adorable Russian stereotypes, dated even when they debuted in 1982. Their names are, of course, a riff on the famous Boris & Natasha of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Friends fame, and both are incredibly generic- a Russian ballerina and a simple strongman, complete with big mustache and funny Russian hat. They were simple mercenaries, working at this point for the Russian government to prevent a famous ballerina from defecting to the U.S. They assaulted her and her partner, an American whom she loved (and vice-versa), which brought the attention of Daredevil and the Heroes For Hire, who got involved. Boris was stunned by Iron Fist, but manipulations (and the American's attempts to murder Boris) caused the ballerina to return home to Russia, leaving the pair's mission a success.

-Boris & Ninotchka returned a few issues later on a different case, and fought the heroes again- Ninotchka was finally beaten by Iron Fist, and Boris saved by Power Man from a hail of bullets. In the meantime, Fist's pal Jeryn Hogarth finalized a trade agreement that prevented aggression between the U.S. & Russia, ending things on a positive note.

-The characters did not reappear AT ALL between 1982 and modern times, where they were drawn out of the mothballs for a Black Widow mini-series, which revealed that Ninotchka was a ballet classmate of Natasha Romanov! Now, this would be a solid twist and not really a bad Retcon at all... except that it's common Marvel History that Natasha is functionally IMMORTAL, having been recruited as a young girl in World War II times, and had her aging frozen since then. Marjorie Liu, who wrote that tale, clearly missed that, as did the Editor(s), because it's unlikely these two were contemporaries. But really, everything involving Russia in Marvel was completely buggered up around 1991 ANYWAYS, so it really doesn't matter- you just kind of have to accept that the U.S.S.R. only dissolved "a couple of years ago".

-There, Boris is quickly taken out with a pipe to the head, but Ninotchka handles herself well, and takes out Natasha with her pressure point strikes. Only the impending doom of Boris (the building was quickly going up in flames) stops her hand, and allows the Widow time to strike.

-Boris is a powerful mountain of a man, but pretty simple overall. Ninotchka is MUCH trickier- her entire schtick is "Pressure Point" strikes. While it was once fairly common in comics for a guy to "hit a pressure point" to disable someone temporarily, most of them do it so rarely that it's not really a separate power. Ninotchka, however, SPECIALIZES in it, so you have to really account for her precision strikes slowly wiping out a foe's defenses. In one battle, she actually managed to draw even with Iron Fist, holding him off by treating the fight as a "ballet" instead of a real scrap, leaving Danny unable to counter her fluid movements. Once he realized what was happening, however, he lured her into becoming overconfident, and took her out. Later, she's able to stun the Black Widow for a while, but is stomped when she gets distracted by Boris nearly going up in flames.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.