Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab's Builds! (Boris & Ninotchka! Iron Fist! Lei Kung! The Ninja!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ken wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pmThey're probably capable of going faster, but if they go above 30 knots, they'll likely get a speeding cetacean.
That joke was done in the post I linked. :mrgreen: And with an additional home about it being a "school zone".
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Lei Kung! The Ninja! Master Khan! Montenegro!)

Post by Batgirl III »

One knot is equal to 1.151 statute mile per hour, which is exactly one nautical mile per hour. Because sailors like to use old timey talk that confuses landlubbers and because the nautical mile being one minute of arc of latitude along any meridian is a much more useful form of measurement when you’re out of sight of anything but water and sky.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah and when you combine that sudden burst with the fact that its still a near 8-10 ton animal or in the whales case 25-50 tons worth its an insane amount of mass being moved.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Ain't Nobody... Does It Better Than You...

Post by Jabroniville »

CHAKA KHAN I (Robert Hao)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & John Byrne
First Appearance: Iron Fist #8 (Oct. 1976)
Role: One-Shot Rival
Group Affiliations: The Golden Tigers
PL 7 (84)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+9)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications: 
Enemy (William Hao- Brother)- William is a lawyer trying to bring down his brother's criminal cartel.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (84)

-Chaka Khan (haha, really?) was the leader of the Golden Tiger Gang, and sought to grab control of the crime rackets in New York when the local Maggia boss was arrested. He managed to capture and poison Iron Fist, offering him the antidote if the hero could defeat all of the Golden Tiger Gang. Then, he secretly switched places with his mind-controlled brother sot hat he & Fist would eliminate each other. Then Chaka killed his brother and blamed Iron Fist for the death. However, he lost to Iron Fist in their next encounter, and Chaka's brother revealed he'd survived the blow, and was in protective custody so that Chaka would be driven out into the open. This ends Chaka's days as a crime lord.

-His name is the most notable thing about him- at the time this issue came out, the singer Chaka Khan was still just a member of the band "Rufus" (no idea who they are), but presumably could have been the inspiration for the name, with Claremont just being cheeky. It could be a coincidence, however- Khan was nowhere near as well-known as she would become when her solo career started, two years after this.

-Chaka is... just my Shang-Chi Villain template, minus a bit. WHAT? HE'S A ONE-OFF MARTIAL ARTIST! HE'S LUCKY HE'S GETTING A BUILD AT ALL!!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

quote=FuzzyBoots post_id=57741 time=1532551503 user_id=57]
Ken wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pmThey're probably capable of going faster, but if they go above 30 knots, they'll likely get a speeding cetacean.
That joke was done in the post I linked. :mrgreen: And with an additional home about it being a "school zone".
[/quote]

I don't know whether to boo, applaud or all out cheer those two puns. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Chaos Beast

Post by Jabroniville »

Dangit, hold on.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Either that got posted in the wrong thread, or Iron Fist has had some really weird crossovers.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Chaka II

Post by Jabroniville »

CHAKA KHAN II (Thomas Arn)
Created By:
Mary Jo Duffy & Kerry Gammill
First Appearance: Power Man & Iron Fist #72 (Aug. 1981)
Role: One-Shot Rival
Group Affiliations: The Golden Tigers
PL 8 (95)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+9)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Electrical Nunchucks" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [11]
Blast 8 (16) -- (17 points)
AE: "Nunchuck Strike" Strength-Damage +2 Linked to Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative) (13)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Nunchucks +11 (+5 Damage & Affliction, DC 20 & 15)
Nunchuck Blast +5 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 8 (95)

-A second Chaka (dropping the "Khan", probably because the singer was now pretty well-known... I think. I wasn't born yet), named Thomas Arn, showed up in Mary Jo Duffy's run in Power Man & Iron Fist, also leading the Golden Tiger Gang. He had nunchucks charged with elecricity and stunned Luke Cage with them. He was, however, swiftly defeated by Iron Fist, and has never reappeared, though a "Chaka" was seen in Avengers Forever as one of hundreds of villains summoned by the Time-Keepers to fight the assembled Avengers squad.

-I took the first character, and gave him Blasting Nunchucks which turned him into a PL 8.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:54 pm
Ares wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:59 pm . . . . he killed off Danny in a pointless fashion (and defended it as the point was to be pointless),
Eh. The book was canceled. Breaking up the team in a contrived manner would have been contrived. Killing off the sidekick seemed like a good way to go, especially given all the trouble Danny had been in for a while. The red suit stuff, the destruction of K'un L'un, etc. With Danny dead, there's a logical reason for Heroes for Hire to fold as a business and for Power Man & Iron Fist to shuffle off into the fifty cent bins.

Plus, this being comics, Priest had to know Danny wouldn't stay dead for very long. Even I was surprised he stayed dead as long as he did.
Killing off Danny was pointless. Priest himself admits as much. There was no guarantee Danny would be brought back, and as it was, it took 6 years before Byrne did so. Having Danny killed off in what Priest says was meant to be a stupid, pointless death (because its comics, so why get upset?) is no less contrived than breaking up the team would have been. Because killing off anyone and splitting up the team was unnecessary.

They could have easily ended it with them saving and depowering Captain Hero, Danny getting back together with Misty, and having Luke, Danny and company maybe just take a well deserved vacation? Have it end a high note and that it wasn't really the end, just a break to recharge themselves before their next big adventure? A nice "thank you for all the fun times" at the end instead of a middle finger to the fans?

The fact that the book was ending didn't mean the team needed to break up and couldn't be used in other character's books. Someone could have pitched an Power Man/Iron Fist mini-series to try and revitalize things. They could have been used in crossovers. Something.

So I stand by my statement that Priest, at best, only adequately plays well with others, and his comments about Danny's death and Triumph only reinforce that to me.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Ferocia

Post by Jabroniville »

FEROCIA (aka "Fera")
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Gil Kane
First Appearance: Marvel Premier #15 (May 1974)
Role: D-League Villain, Animalistic Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (119)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills: 
Acrobatics 3 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 7 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws) 2, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Infravision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Detect Emotions" Mind-Reading 4 (Flaws: Limited to Emotions) [4]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Natural Weapons- Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 11 (119)

-Fera, as she was originally called, is apparently one of the wolves that killed Danny Rand's mother in his origin story, but somehow turned into a humanoid. Back in 2011, when I first statted her for 3rd Edition (literally seven years ago now), it took me a while to find out how, since this character was one of the most well-hidden comic book characters in history- Wikipedia & the Unofficial Appendix had NOTHING on her- ComicVine merely had a blurb. All I recall is that she appeared in The Superia Stratagem in the "Power Pageant", now named "Ferocia", walking up to the platform and immediately pointing out Captain America & Paladin, saying "Wait a minute-- I smell MEN!". Super-Senses at its finest, folks. Oddly, she didn't appear significantly for the rest of the story, and she hasn't made many appearances AT ALL outside of her original run as an Iron Fist villain.

-Fera was the leader of the wolf pack that killed Heather Rand, and was given humanoid form by Master Khan (the God/Wizard-King of K'un-L'un) to act as his agent. She nearly beat Iron Fist the first time they fought, but later Khan's control faltered, and she tore the amulet that controlled her from her neck, and left the field. This was her only appearance until about fifteen years later in that Captain America story, and only because Mark Gruenwald remembered that she existed, and that she was female. She later popped up in the infamous "CapWolf" story, being one of many feral super-humans drawn to Dredmund Druid's hideout.

-This was her last appearance until Civil War, where she was a background character, working for Celia Ricadonna and fighting Misty Knight's Heroes For Hire. Lately, she's appeared twice in entirely background roles, largely window-dressing because she's at least somewhat distinctive (being a furry female character). It's a bit curious, though, that she's never faced Iron Fist again, from what I can tell. Her being a total one-off explains it, but it's still very odd. I mean, Danny can't really rationally hold a GRUDGE (animals just do what animals do), but you'd figure she'd show up in stories featuring him. Instead, you don't even get a hint of her origins these days- she's just "That Wolf Chick".

-I figure Ferocia for a PL 8- that's about equal to what Iron Fist & Luke Cage were in the 1970s, but unlike them, she never really "grew" beyond that starting point. She's your standard Animal-Type build, quite strong, and frequently makes use of either All-Out or Power Attack, making her a deadly foe for the more fragile '70s Danny Rand. In modern times, some Skrull organs transplanted into her by The Corporation allowed for some minor shapeshifting (because of course that's how that works).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Steel Serpent

Post by Jabroniville »

THE STEEL SERPENT (Davos, aka Steel Phoenix)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Frank McLaughlin
First Appearance: The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #10 (March 1975)
Role: Mirror Image Villain
Group Affiliations: K'un-Lun, K'un-Zi
PL 11 (162)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+17)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+10)
Intimidation 10 (+11)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Languages (Various Asian), Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown 2, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Supreme Physical Specimen"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

"Steals The Chi of Shou-Lao the Undying"
Affliction 10 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Continuous +3) (Flaws: Grab-Based, Limited to Iron Fist -2) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Obsession (Gaining the Iron Fist/Killing Danny Rand)- Davos hates Danny as a result of his father Wendell defeating Davos for the right to face Shou-Lao. He once hunted down Danny and stole his Chi, nearly killing him.
Relationship (Father, Lei-Kung)- Davos shamed his father by attempting to face Shou-Lao without first earning the right, and failing miserably. He still taunts his father, believing him to be part of the grand conspiracy against him.
Responsibility (Conspiracy Victim)- Davos believes that the universe has conspired against him. It brought an outsider named Wendell Rand who first befriended him and then defeated him in honourable combat, then turned his own father against him, then had him lose to Shou-Lao and fail in stealing the Iron Fist from Wendell's own son.
Motivation (Making Right)- Eventually, Davos realizes the nature of his problems, and attempts to regain his honor at his father's side. Now, Davos guards the egg of Shou-Lao as he prepares to be reborn.
Disabled (One-Handed)- Davos lost a hand to Tiger's Beautiful Daughter in the first round of the Tournament. He can use a new one with Crane Mother's Chi, but after the tournament, he had none left.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 20 (162)

Mirror Image Villain:
-Davos was first known as The Steel Serpent, and was your classic everyday "Mirror Image Villain", copying the hero's outfit in a new color scheme (purple, in this case). He was an unseen villain throughout the Iron Fist run, and had yet to appear when the book was cancelled. Claremont & Byrne, the creative team, cleverly just stuck the final act into their Marvel Team-Up run, capping off Danny's story arc there!

-Davos came from K'un-Lun, and was the son of Danny's own teacher, and tried to steal The Iron Fist from him. See, when Davos had attempted to subvert the law and defeat Shou-Lao himself, he was scarred like many Fists before him by Shou-Lao's Chi Symbol, but lost his grip and only got a partial tattoo/scar. This scar allowed him to "drain" Danny Rand's chi, bringing Spider-Man, Misty Knight & Colleen Wing down on him. Davos nearly killed Spidey, but when fighting a drained Danny, he over-used The Fist, and it disintegrated him. Davos eventually recovered using The Contemplator (one of The Elders of the Universe), and stole the "Iron Fist" power again, and this time went back to K'un-Lun and took power. Danny & Lei-Kung teamed up to stop him, where he died once again.

The Immortal Iron Fist/Davos Reborn:
Despite only being a two-shot villain, Davos was brought back in The Immortal Iron Fist for the new run as a minion of Crane Mother, ruler of the Heavenly City of K'un-Zi- his mission was to kill Orson Randall in revenge for killing Crane Mother's daughter eighty-eight years prior (why, if they could resurrect DAVOS, resurrecting that daughter was impossible, was never explained), and Crane Mother gave him dozens of Crane Daughters to help. These Daughters would either shoot arrows, turn into cranes, or commit suicide, bestowing upon Davos their Chi, allowing for MASSIVE displays of power. Davos EASILY killed Orson Randall just as Danny was getting to know him (Orson willingly gave up his life, however), and stalemated when Danny used Orson's own chi to boost himself.

-Davos, his mission sorta fulfilled, was kicking around for the Tournament as well, losing a hand to Tiger's Beautiful Daughter. This threw him into an incredible rage, and he nearly beat the Champion to death. Beaten in response by The Prince of Orphans, Davos was kind of left in an odd place- dramatic convenience said that he & Danny needed a final throwdown, but instead, Davos sort of looked inwards, after his father taunted him about his "poor me" attitude. He changed sides, aligning with The Immortal Weapons in defense of his birthplace, fending off HYDRA and the conspiracy set about by Crane Mother to destroy K'un-Lun. Afterwards, he was given a penance by Lei-Kung- he must care for the egg of Shou-Lao the Undying, allowing the new generation of Iron Fist to be born.

-Apparently, that aspect got dropped, because Davos returned as a villain in Iron Fist: The Living Weapon (which quickly died), getting a cyber-arm.

An Under-Utilized Villain:
-Davos is a pretty cool villain, despite being relatively short-lived in most of his appearances- like most Mirror Image Villains, he's a physical rival to his arch-nemesis, though he actually lacks Danny's power- he has to STEAL IT by locking him up in a manly hug and touching their Dragon-scars together. His "poor me" approach reminds me of Demona from "Gargoyles", and he has a SCARY amount of power by the time "Immortal Iron Fist" starts. It's almost too bad that he learned his lesson and got trounced by John Aman, because he & Danny would have had a hell of a fight. I do like that scene in his origin where he challenges Shou-Lao out of order, loses (and is scarred), yet the Dragon doesn't even bother to finish the job- it slithers away in contempt instead. It really puts you into the head of Davos, as this shame and anger drives him.

-I have an early appearance of his in that Marvel Team-Up story I mentioned, where he & Iron Fist have a pretty even fight (Davos had sneak attacked him a few times prior) until Spider-Man gets involved like a doofus, and Davos just grabs him and tosses him into Danny. Spidey was NOT the fighter that he is today, I tell you what- he was ALWAYS getting trounced by some new villain in his first appearance. This lets Davos steal the Iron Fist power, and then he ends up fighting Spidey & the Daughters of the Dragon, holding his own with raw power. Spidey is NOTICEABLY doing poorly in this fight, mainly because he's pulling his punches, knowing that Davos couldn't take his full force, and it's making him clumsy. The girls actually do better (if Colleen Wing hadn't needed him alive, she'd have actually landed a fatal blow at one point thanks to Misty's Sneak Attack)- once Davos unleashes The Iron Fist, Spidey's as good as done once he gets cornered and can't use his agility to his advantage, and it's the return of Iron Fist that ends things, as Davos burns out.

-The Davos/Spider-Man fight in the second issue is actually very interesting- despite Davos being a high-level Martial Artist, he can barely lay a hand on Spidey, who plays the usual "stick and move" strategy he does with powerhouses like The Rhino. He can nail Spidey with regular shots, but The Iron Fist always misses (another hint that it's an Inaccurate Power). Spidey is noticeably clumsy in team fights, too- he gets in Iron Fist's way in Part One, and accidentally webs up Colleen Wing's katana when she's ready for another shot on Davos- kind of a bad trait for a guy in a book called MARVEL TEAM-UP. Spidey & Steel Serpent fight all over the place (Davos is able to take Spidey's punches, which are NEVER Power Attacked for a normal human opponent, as I added for his Complications years ago) for a bit until the end, when he's clobbered and Iron Fist comes to the rescue, by which point Davos is throwing wild punches that miss by a mile because of his focus on power (ie. he's Power Attacking when Danny is too defense-heavy).

Davos's Power:
-This all makes Davos an interesting character in terms of PL. Ideally, he's basically Danny Rand minus the Presence and Iron Fist Powers (until, of course, he gains them with his own Affliction). He & Danny were probably PL 9s by the late 1970s, along with Spider-Man (who notably sucks against new opponents), but have upgraded with each other, hitting PL 10.5. With Crane Mother adding her daughters' Chi to Davos, he gained a ridiculous amount of power, including:

"Crane Chi" (All Have Flaws: Requires Crane Daughter's Death)
"Chi Release" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (22) -- [24]
  • AE: "Ground Strike" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (22)
  • AE: "Steel Phoenix Blow- First Execution" Strength-Damage +7 (Extras: Penetrating 8) (Inaccurate -3) (4)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha- GOD. Not sullying that write-up with '90s art:

Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Regarding the fight between Davos and Spider-Man, Danny points out that Davos had basically become drunk on the power of the Iron Fist, and was basically ignoring all of his training and swinging away like a brawler. Even a half-dead Danny was able to avoid Davos due to his swinging wildly and losing control of the IF.

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon, saw Davos return to being a villain and got some ugly cyber-arm, but my GOD that series sucked and I wish it would get retconned out of existence or just flat out ignored. It was kind of interesting having Davos genuinely learn his lesson and reform, something very few mirror image villains do.

Sadly, Davos is probably the best villain in Danny's rogue's gallery, and when that's a mirror image villain, that's not a good sign.

The latest Iron Fist run actually did a few new concepts, such as having an island populated entirely by people who had left K'un L'un and had divided the Island into several schools based on animals, each section having it's own master and fighting style. The idea was for them to become worthy of returning to K'un L'un at some point, and they brought Danny to the island to fight a Mortal Kombat style tournament against the island's champions as part of a plot. It's actually very cool and more of what I'd want to see from an Iron Fist style book. Not quite as good as Immortal Iron Fist, but much closer to it than most Iron Fist books.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, regarding the beating Davos gave Tiger's Beautiful Daughter and the beating he received from the Prince of Orphans, I believe the issue was that TBD tried to surrender, and Davos continued to beat on her until he was forced to stop. The maiming he received was also because he got cocky and was mouthing off to her. The Prince wanted to remind Davos that this was a tournament, and that you're expected to respect your opponent, which Davos did not.

While I love the idea of the other Immortal weapons, I'd have to say that the only one that was fine as is (aside from Danny and Davos) was Fat Cobra. He had a simple but solid name, he was basically a Kingpin-style powerhouse who ALSO had chi techniques (cripes, imagine if Spidey ever had to fight him), and he was basically the Immortal Weapon's version of Hercules.

Prince of Orphans was cool, but WAY overpowered. His mist ability made him legitimately too much for anyone to deal with, to the point where we never really got an idea of how good a fighter he was. Much like Judomaster, how good a fighter can you really be if your power is "no one can hit you"?

Dog Brother #1 and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter had somewhat overly elaborate names, and were basically weapon wielders who weren't that impressive. TBD also had the most stripperific outfit ever, being just a collection of belts and a mask. While I like the idea of a swordsman with chi techniques and a hidden weapon's expert, the whole point of the Immortal Weapons seemed to be the idea of being a LIVING Weapon, one whose mastery of unarmed combat made it so that they could face their dimension's Guardian Beast and gain a chi boost to become something more. Both of these two required a serious re-work from the ground up.

Bride of Nine Spiders was . . . weird. She didn't really come off as a martial artist since her "technique" seemed to be that she was a human-shaped container filled with insects. Though oddly enough, I find her title works better than Dog Brother #1 and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, despite the Bride's name technically being longer. I don't know why, the name just works for me. But again, her "fighting skill" is just shooting out bugs. Keep the name and the look, but rework her to be more ninja-ish. If anyone should have been the hidden weapons expert with some Poison Chi techniques, it should have been her.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:48 am Regarding the fight between Davos and Spider-Man, Danny points out that Davos had basically become drunk on the power of the Iron Fist, and was basically ignoring all of his training and swinging away like a brawler. Even a half-dead Danny was able to avoid Davos due to his swinging wildly and losing control of the IF.

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon, saw Davos return to being a villain and got some ugly cyber-arm, but my GOD that series sucked and I wish it would get retconned out of existence or just flat out ignored. It was kind of interesting having Davos genuinely learn his lesson and reform, something very few mirror image villains do.
LAME- Wikipedia hasn't been updated with that information yet (the guy who edits every moment of every comic for every X-Man must not be an Iron Fist fan), so I missed it. Also, the story sounds lame.

It occurs to me that the only time I've ever read Danny in anything before The Immortal Iron Fist was in Maximum Carnage (where he's arguably the most minor character of the heroes, being only a latecomer who does fairly little aside from an "Area Calming" one-off that's never shown up again) and Contest of Champions (where he and Daredevil manage to spar for a while, without either edging the other). So you can imagine how curious I was as to what was a retcon and what was "legit"- I'd obviously never seen Yu-Ti before, and was of course unfamiliar with Davos.

Weirder still was the fact that The Immortal Iron Fist never seemed to mention Master Khan, who was a HUGE part of Danny's backstory. Maybe they just thought it was dumb, and that Khan was too generic a threat?