Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Hsien-Ko

Post by Jabroniville »

HSIEN-KO (aka "Rei-Rei")
First Appearance:
Vampire Savior (1995)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games But The First, Marvel (vs) Capcom 3
Home Country: China
Role: Blue Chick, Demon Hunter
PL 10 (165)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletics 10 (+13)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Demon Hunter) 8 (+10)
Expertise (History) 2 (+4)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 7 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Axes) 8 (+12)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Improved Critical (Houten Geki), Improved Critical (Ankh-Hou), Improved Critical (Senpuu Buu), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Jiang-Shi Physiology"
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"Double Jump" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Weapons In Sleeves" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]

"Henkyou-Ki- Reflecting Shield" Deflect 10 (Extras: Reflection) (Reduced Parry 2) (18) -- [21]
  • AE: "Ankh Hou- Axe Toss" Blast 5 (Reduced Defenses 1, Diminished Range -1) (7)
  • AE: "Houten Geki- Spinning Toss" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Senpuu Buu- Slicing Axe Jump" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Distracting 5) Linked to Affliction 5 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Weapons +15 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Axe Slice +15 (+5 Damage & Affliction, DC 20 & 15)
Axe Toss +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Stopping the Darkstalkers)- When they were children, two girls lost their mother and their entire village to an attack from Darkstalkers. Their mothers' sacrifice allowed them to tap tremendous power, and so they have learned to fight the monsters themselves.
Responsibility (Dark Side)- Becoming a Jiang-Shi is dangerous, and threatens to consume Hsien-Ko's soul.
Weakness (Predictability)- Hsien-Ko, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 9 + 13 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 19 (165)

-I never really "got" Hsien-Ko, just looking at her game sprites. I think if I'd seen the larger drawings that put IMMENSE focus on her tremendous "bloobs" and the keyhole opening in her outfit that showed 'em, maybe I've have seen it... but when your comrades are Felicia & Morrigan, let's just say that you gotta do better than that to stand out. Hsien-Ko was one of two new characters in the second Darkstalkers game (the other was Donovan), and was called a "Chinese Ghost" in the early descriptions. She turned into a "Jiang-Shi" in order to punish the Darkstalkers and protect her mother's spirit after their village was attacked- her beloved sister Mei-Ling acts as a living "ward" to prevent Hsien-Ko from giving in to her darker half.

-Her "idle animation" is TEXTBOOK "Uncanny Valley", as she arches forward wierdly while on her tip-toes, and keeps lolling her head back and forth in a deathlike, inhuman manner. I do like the overall concept of a girl with endless weaponry hidden in her sleeves, however- she basically fights using buzzsaws, giant claws, or larger objects with her Special Moves.

Monster Basis: Hsien-Ko is a monster type that's little-known in the West- the "Jiang-Shi", or "Jumping Vampire". It's a lifeforce-draining, hopping undead monster that doesn't really match up perfectly with any kind of Western thing, so people bounced between "vampire" and "ghost" in descriptions of her for a long time (similar to how people always mix up "Oni" and "Demon"- "Oni" are not "Japanese Demons"- they're ONI).

-Hsien-Ko is pretty fast, and uses a lot of weird, quicky attacks that make her hard to predict. And her name is supposed to be pronounced "Syen-koh", and Marvel (vs) Capcom 3 apparently had a LOT of errors from the English-speaking voice actors on this front.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rikuo! Morrigan! BB Hood! Lilith! Donovan!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So I'll be finished the Darkstalkers builds tomorrow night. After that, I'm gonna spend a day re-posting my Archer builds, with one new character. Primarily because she reflects a very, VERY common mistake people make when building female characters. And hell, remember her in Shanghai Moon?

And after that, I'll FINALLY get to posting Marvel: The Letter "S", part of my year-long effort to get all of my builds on one threa... goddammit. After that, I'll post a set of Hulk-centric builds.
Arkrite

Re: Jab's Builds! (Rikuo! Morrigan! BB Hood! Lilith! Donovan!)

Post by Arkrite »

Batgirl III wrote:Long story made short, the cute girl who I struck up a conversation with over lunch (my parents were off on some ride that didn't interest me) and then ended up snogging on the tea cup ride? She was nineteen and an off-duty Snow White.

Happiest place on Earth indeed.
... Well at least somebody got to live out my summer vacation fantasy.

And now to try to melt BGIII with pure envy ;~)
Tattooedman

Re: Jab's Builds! (Talbain! Rikuo! Morrigan! BB Hood! Lilith!)

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote:
Arkrite wrote:Not that America is much better.

*sighs*

Who in their right mind runs beauty pageants for kids?!
*shakes fist at reality*
Yeah... I got nothin'. That remains the creepiest shit I've ever seen be put on in a public setting. Every part of that makes my skin crawl. The pathetic human swine that is Honey Boo-Boo's mom just makes it worse.
Not that Honey Boo-Boo makes it any better.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ken

Re: Hsien-Ko!!!

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

HSIEN-KO (aka "Rei-Rei")

-I never really "got" Hsien-Ko, just looking at her game sprites. I think if I'd seen the larger drawings that put IMMENSE focus on her tremendous "bloobs" and the keyhole opening in her outfit that showed 'em, maybe I've have seen it... but when your comrades are Felicia & Morrigan, let's just say that you gotta do better than that to stand out. Hsien-Ko was one of two new characters in the second Darkstalkers game (the other was Donovan), and was called a "Chinese Ghost" in the early descriptions. She turned into a "Jiang-Shi" in order to punish the Darkstalkers and protect her mother's spirit after their village was attacked- her beloved sister Mei-Ling acts as a living "ward" to prevent Hsien-Ko from giving in to her darker half.
As I've indicated at other times, I never really got into fighting games. But in late 1998 early 1999, I got a crash course in Darkstalkers. You see, I fascillitated and bankrolled an award winning Hsien-Ko costume.

ImageImageImageImageImage

That's Prophecy and Charcoal's creator and player in the costume. It was her idea to do the Hsien-Ko costume. But it was daunting enough that she asked the big lug who was her best friend at the time (and she his) for help. And he in turn talked to a friend on the West Coast who does more costuming than he does, and she, in turn, put us in touch with a friend who actually works in the fashion industry (specifically somewhere in Los Angeles).

And that same idiot big lug is the one who actually payed for the wine that we bartered with. This was when I actually learned the term "keyhole opening", from this fashion professional. And the project took months and fittings that happened at my folks' house (as my mom had things like tape measures). This is also when the term "bloobs" got coined between Jim (jcjec) and myself. "Jenn-ko" actually applied the same make-up she used on her face and arms to her boobs. And with that keyhole opening we were all to aware of her fantastic breasts and where to find them.

My landlord (at the time), who was also a long-time family friend, actually made the claws. Landlord Bob enjoyed fun costuming projects.

So, anyway, I learned about "Night Warriors/Darkstalkers" because of this. And the sexiness of the character, and the sexiness of my friend are still conflated in my memory.

The picture with the date in digital letters; that one came off my camera too.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Donovan! Pyron! Bishamon! Huitzil! Hsien-Ko!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, that costume's pretty spectacular. Especially for 1999, which is before the huge, modern "Cosplay Boom" where it's probably a LOT easier to get the materials for that kind of thing.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alright, gotta say, blue lady is really cute.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Anakaris

Post by Jabroniville »

ANAKARIS
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, Capcom Fighting Evolution
Home Country: Egypt
Role: Evil Mummy
PL 10 (165)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise (Pharaoh) 12 (+14)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Special Moves) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Sarcophagus Drop), Improved Critical (Cobra Blow), Improved Critical (Super Moves), Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

"DarkStalker" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Undead Pharaoh"
"Float Jump" Flight 1 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [1]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 9 [9]

"Special Moves"
"Pharaoh Super Moves" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -1) (19) -- [24]
  • AE: "Hitsugi No Mai- Sarcophagus Drop" Blast 6 (Feats: Indirect- From Above) (Reduced Defenses 2) (9)
  • AE: "Cobra Blow- Arms Into Snake Head" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 4) (Inaccurate -1) (5)
  • AE: "Warp" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Ouke No Sabaki" Blast 3 Linked to Affliction 8 (Toughness; Transformed Into Weaker Version of Themselves) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to 2 Rounds Duration, Limited to Last Degree) (10)
  • AE: "Kotodama Gaeshi" Deflect 10 (Extras: Reflection) (Reduced Parry 2) (18)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Cobra Blow +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Bat Transformation +12 (+3 Ranged Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 18 & 18)
Super Moves +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +9 (+10 D.Roll), Fortitude --, Will +8

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)- Anakaris wishes to regain the power he had in life.
Weakness (Predictability)- Anakaris, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 7 + 13 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 11 (165)

-I was unimpressed with Anakaris when I first saw the game, focusing instead of the sexy ladies, Bishamon & Sasquatch as my faves, but in retrospect, I feel like he might just be the most well done character in the entire franchise. First off, he's HUGE and impressive-looking, in a game full of some pretty squat or svelte characters. Second, his attacks, from his basic "single-button" stuff to his Special Moves, are incredibly diverse and full of cool stuff, as he pulls his legs into his body to float, extends his limbs, turns them into a freaking GIANT SNAKE HEAD, transforms his opponents into bats, and summons Sarcophagi to land on their heads! This guy is just so full of crazy things that he stands out, even in a game where "transmogrify your limbs" is a common attack subheading.

Monster Basis: Mummies are classic "Horror Foes", though really the idea of a "living mummy" wasn't a common thing in olden times. Mummification was just a thing some cultures (most-famously the Egyptians) did as a ritual when someone important died, and the body just kind of laid there. But with the famous excavation of King Tutankhamun, and the mythical "curse" that followed after several of the archaeologists suffered ill fates (fun fact: the English Lord who financed and helped unveil the whole thing owned the home that is the setting of Downton Abbey, which is why all of the dogs on that show are named after Egyptian Gods), came the subsequent Monster Movies of the Golden Age of Hollywood came stuff like The Mummy, which pontificated upon what would happen if one of these morbid, arcane things actually came to life and started strangling people! And so the Mummy joined Frankenstein ('s Monster), the Wolf Man and others in the long line of famous movie villains. The more recent Mummy pictures were also a pretty big deal, resulting in a lot of attention, but for the most part, Mummies are a distant cousin to other Movie Monsters- even Zombies have since far eclipsed them (it's not for nothing that Marvel's least-famous monster was The Living Mummy, and that the cartoon Mummies Alive! was also not a big hit).

-Anakaris fights like a weird combination of Dhalsim, Zangief & an LSD Trip, doing all sorts of crazy stuff. He's also one of the BIGGEST Darkstalkers, matching Huitzil pound-for-pound.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Re: Anakaris

Post by Hoid »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

ANAKARIS
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers (1994)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers- All Games, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, Capcom Fighting Evolution
Home Country: Egypt
Role: Evil Mummy
PL 10 (165)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise (Pharaoh) 12 (+14)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Special Moves) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Sarcophagus Drop), Improved Critical (Cobra Blow), Improved Critical (Super Moves), Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Undead Pharaoh"
"Float Jump" Flight 1 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [1]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 9 [9]

"Special Moves"
"Pharaoh Super Moves" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -1) (19) -- [24]
  • AE: "Hitsugi No Mai- Sarcophagus Drop" Blast 6 (Feats: Indirect- From Above) (Reduced Defenses 2) (9)
  • AE: "Cobra Blow- Arms Into Snake Head" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 4) (Inaccurate -1) (5)
  • AE: "Warp" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Ouke No Sabaki" Blast 3 Linked to Affliction 8 (Toughness; Transformed Into Weaker Version of Themselves) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to 2 Rounds Duration, Limited to Last Degree) (10)
  • AE: "Kotodama Gaeshi" Deflect 10 (Extras: Reflection) (Reduced Parry 2) (18)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Cobra Blow +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Bat Transformation +12 (+3 Ranged Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 18 & 18)
Super Moves +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +9 (+10 D.Roll), Fortitude --, Will +8

Complications: 
Motivation (Power)- Anakaris wishes to regain the power he had in life.
Weakness (Predictability)- Anakaris, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 7 + 13 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 11 (165)

-I was unimpressed with Anakaris when I first saw the game, focusing instead of the sexy ladies, Bishamon & Sasquatch as my faves, but in retrospect, I feel like he might just be the most well done character in the entire franchise. First off, he's HUGE and impressive-looking, in a game full of some pretty squat or svelte characters. Second, his attacks, from his basic "single-button" stuff to his Special Moves, are incredibly diverse and full of cool stuff, as he pulls his legs into his body to float, extends his limbs, turns them into a freaking GIANT SNAKE HEAD, transforms his opponents into bats, and summons Sarcophagi to land on their heads! This guy is just so full of crazy things that he stands out, even in a game where "transmogrify your limbs" is a common attack subheading.

Monster Basis: Mummies are classic "Horror Foes", though really the idea of a "living mummy" wasn't a common thing in olden times. Mummification was just a thing some cultures (most-famously the Egyptians) did as a ritual when someone important died, and the body just kind of laid there. But with the famous excavation of King Tutankhamun, and the mythical "curse" that followed after several of the archaeologists suffered ill fates (fun fact: the English Lord who financed and helped unveil the whole thing owned the home that is the setting of Downton Abbey, which is why all of the dogs on that show are named after Egyptian Gods), came the subsequent Monster Movies of the Golden Age of Hollywood came stuff like The Mummy, which pontificated upon what would happen if one of these morbid, arcane things actually came to life and started strangling people! And so the Mummy joined Frankenstein ('s Monster), the Wolf Man and others in the long line of famous movie villains. The more recent Mummy pictures were also a pretty big deal, resulting in a lot of attention, but for the most part, Mummies are a distant cousin to other Movie Monsters- even Zombies have since far eclipsed them (it's not for nothing that Marvel's least-famous monster was The Living Mummy, and that the cartoon Mummies Alive! was also not a big hit).

-Anakaris fights like a weird combination of Dhalsim, Zangief & an LSD Trip, doing all sorts of crazy stuff. He's also one of the BIGGEST Darkstalkers, matching Huitzil pound-for-pound.
....image stolen for the Forever Tree.
Jabroniville

Q-Bee

Post by Jabroniville »

Q-BEE
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers 3 (1997)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers 3
Home Country: The Soul Bees' Home
Role: Bee Chick
PL 10 (178)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletics 10 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 12 (+12)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 11 (+11)
Ranged Combat (Bee Stuff) 8 (+12)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Benefit 3 (Queen of the Soul Bees), Improved Critical (S x P), Improved Critical (Triangle A), Improved Critical (Super Moves), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Soul Bee Physiology"
Morph 1 (Tiny Bee Form) (Feats: Metamorph) [6]
Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [2]
"Hive Mind" Communication 4 (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited to Insects, Limited to Soul Bees) [8]
Senses 6 (Life Detection- Ranged, Extended Scent 4) [6]

"Special Moves"
"Super Move: QJ- Honey Dump" Blast 6 (Feats: Indirect) (Flaws: Tiring) (Diminished Range -1) Linked to Snare 6 (Feats: Indirect) (Diminished Range -1) (24) -- [28]
  • AE: "Super Move: +B- Multiple Bees" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Tiring) (13)
  • AE: "S x P- Spinning Stinger" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting 3) Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (4.5)
  • AE: "C -> R- Grab & Slam" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Triangle A" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Spinning Stinger +16 (+3 Damage & Affliction, DC 18 & 13)
Honey Dump +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Multiple Bees +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Consuming Souls)- Q-Bee's race consumes souls to live.
Weakness (Predictability)- Q-Bee, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 11 + 13 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 25 (178)

-Q-Bee came out in the third Darkstalkers game, and is a weird Bee Chick- the queen of the "Soul Bees", who live on land controlled by Jedah, the game's Final Boss. Her race consumes souls to live. That's about it with her. I'm not a big fan of the overall design- it's just a few token elements here and there, with some bee eyes on top of her head (those are actually her REAL eyes- her "face" is just camouflage), black swirls on her boobs, and a giant "Bee Tail" on her butt. 

Monster Basis: There's not a lot of stuff out there on "Bee People"- it's not a myth on the level of even Cat Girls.

-Q-Bee is a standard Female Fighter in the game- quick and accurate. Her move names are all weird (said to be taken from a "Book on the Makai", and two of her Super Moves are so weird they have to be statted out separately- she can dump honey on her opponent (from a honeypot that appears above them), or summon a swarm of bees that repeatedly sting them (it's basically a Blast, in effect).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:Alright, gotta say, blue lady is really cute.
Yeah. She is. Sometimes I really miss her. Sometimes I'm glad she's gone from my life.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Jedah

Post by Jabroniville »

JEDAH (Jedah Dohma)
First Appearance:
Darkstalkers 3 (1997)
Game Appearances: Darkstalkers 3, Capcom Fighting Evolution
Home Country: The Makai Realm
Role: Satanalogue, Final Boss
PL 12 (207)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 5 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+17)
Deception 6 (+11)
Expertise (Demon Lord) 13 (+15)
Intimidation 7 (+12)
Perception 9 (+13)
Ranged Combat (Dio) 4 (+14)
Stealth 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Evasion, Fascination (Intimidation), Improved Critical (Dio) 2, Improved Critical (Nero) 2, Improved Critical (Ira), Improved Initiative 3, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown (total 2)

Powers:
"Makai Physiology"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Flight 2 (Flaws: Gliding) [2]
Features 1: Regrows Limbs [1]
Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel) [2]

"Special Moves"
"Dio" Blast 6 (12) -- [14]
  • AE: "Nero" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Ira- Grab & Spinning Drill" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Nero +15 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Dio +14 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +18

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +8 (+9 D.Roll), Fortitude +12, Will +12

Complications:
Motivation (Absorbing All Souls)- Jedah wishes to combine all life into one form.
Weakness (Daylight)- Jedah will only come out at night.
Weakness (Predictability)- Jedah, like all Darkstalkers, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 98 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 14 + 13 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 23 (207)

-Jedah is a more classically-Goth villain for Darkstalkers- another demonic looking fellow who wants to coalesce all the souls in existence into one. He believes that Belial & Morrigan were unfit to rule the Darkstalkers, and that he himself must take over. Unlike many other Fighting Game Bosses, he battles using a very quick style that focuses on speed over power.

Monster Basis: Jedah looks very demonic, and is a Shinigami, an Asian spirit that leads the souls of the newly dead to the afterlife. The once-popular manga & anime series Bleach translated the term to "Soul Reaper" and made a Fighting Anime out of it, but they're part of many Asian countries' mythology.

-Jedah fights be turning his very BLOOD into weapons- usually sharp-edged blades. Quick and spry, he is faster than any other Darkstalker, but still remarkably tough.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Pyron! Bishamon! Huitzil! Hsien-Ko! Anakaris!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that's it for the Darkstalkers! A fun little set, though actually rather more "Same-y" than I was guessing. I mean, who'd have thought that the game featuring an Egyptian Mummy, an Incan Robot, Fiery Satan, a Sex Witch, a Vampire and a Werewolf would have so many characters with similar moves and statlines when compared to Street Fighter, which is pretty much all "Standard Martial Artists"?

Funny that I'd finish this all on American Thanksgiving. I always forget when that is, and why the forums are so quiet during it :).
Jabroniville

Archer Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

Sterling Archer: Wow, what a pussy! I could barely even keep up, he was spilling the beans so fast.
Lana Kane: Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dick-hole. Which, again, ick!
Sterling Archer: Well, excuse me, Lana. It's a rampage.

---

Malory: You wanna play me hard?
Archer: Phrasing.
Malory: Well, then, you better nut up!
Archer: Phrasing!
Malory: Because I've swallowed just about all I'm going to take from you.
Archer: Hey! Phrasing!

ARCHER:

Archer is a great animated show on the FX Network, created by Adam Reed (Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo... of which I have watched none), featuring the stellar voice work of H. Jon Benjamin, who's got one of the most hilarious voices ever. It's all about Sterling Archer, your classic "Jerkass Main Character" who loves booze, broads & cars, and is a general hedonistic prick who treats everyone around him like garbage. Sounds like every OTHER show on TV these days, but they make it work, almost through sheers sociopathy, irreverence, Pop Culture references, and the fact that Archer gets humiliated pretty frequently.

Sterling Mallory Archer (usually just called "Archer" by everyone except his mom, who shares most of his personality traits, but to even WORSE excess) is an elite Secret Agent working for ISIS, a freelance spy agency run by his overbearing mother Mallory. With his ravishing but brutal ex-girlfriend Lana, her wiener of a new boyfriend Cyril (the accountant), easily-injured gay agent Ray, overweight dork HR rep Pam and ditzy secretary Cheryl, they actually manage to be a HILARIOUS cast, since most of them are complete insane, depraved maniacs.

The show took a little bit to grow on me, which is the case with a lot of Benjamin's shows (Home Movies became one of my favourite shows, but I actually disliked it the first couple times I saw it)- I think it's the whole "deep characterization" part, combined with the improvised-sounding naturalistic dialogue- until you KNOW the characters, it's not as funny. Plus the show took a season to hit its stride (Cheryl & Pam were just generic Office Drones at first, really, and other character traits popped up later). The show takes place in a somewhat-anachronistic version of our world, with the KGB and Soviet Russia being a major force, and the '60s seems to be very much in-style, but they have high-tech computers and all sorts of gadgetry (despite using ancient-looking Apple Lisa computers, reel-to-reel mainframes and other stuff I wouldn't recognize without Wikipedia), making it a bit like James Bond. But with an even MORE WHORISH cast (almost everyone in the office has slept with everyone else in the office. Both Pam & Ray and raped Cyril while he was unconscious. Cyril once almost choked Sheryl to death during sex. Archer was so addicted to the "ball-slappin'" good times with Pam that it was affecting the rest of his life). And there is an incredible amount of effort into using the word "Shit" in the most amazing combinations possible.

And one episode featured The Trailer Park Boys as Nova Scotian separatists on a train heading to Canada.

Since I last posted these builds, the show managed to have a few more seasons... but they weren't that great. The "Archer Vice" season was unpopular with a lot of people, doing some callbacks and some funny stuff, but people didn't care as much for it. I found Pam's gigantic addiction to cocaine pretty funny, at least. The cap-off to that one (the ISIS gang was selling the coke in an elaborate scheme by the CIA to spend their entire operating budget, so that they would be allowed to ask for more the next year- and yes that is totally a real thing people do) led to "ISIS as CIA Contractors", which led to the annoying inclusion of Agent Slater ("Just... SLATER."), who wasn't a funny character in the slightest, and a few more pedestrian seasons followed. The MOST recent season, however, featured an ongoing storyline involving an older Hollywood actress and a conspiracy, which was much more enjoyable.
Jabroniville

Duchess

Post by Jabroniville »

Sterling Archer: [shouting] Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin' face!

(Krenmensky is holding Malory- Archer's mother- hostage at gunpoint. Archer then grabs Lana- who is on HIS side- and holds HER hostage)
Sterling Archer: Looks like we've got a Mexican standoff, Kremensky.
Krenshaw: How is this a Mexican standoff?
Agent Lana Kane: Dumbass.
Krenshaw: I don't care if you shoot her.
Cyril Figgis: *I* do!
Krenshaw: But what if I shoot HER, mama's boy?
Malory Archer: Sterling.
Krenshaw: Yes, picture her dead in the gutter...
Malory Archer: Sterling!
Krenshaw: ...and what your pathetic life will be like without old mommy dearest.
Agent Lana Kane: Jesus CHRIST!
Malory Archer: What?
Cyril Figgis: What is it?
Agent Lana Kane: HE'S GOT an ERECTION!
Malory Archer: WHAT?
Krenshaw: What the hell is WRONG with you people?
[pushes Malory away, and gets shot]
Sterling Archer: Nothing. You on the other hand-
[Malory hits him with her purse]
Sterling Archer: ow! OW!
Malory Archer: An ERECTION?
Sterling Archer: HEY! What's in there - Buckles?
Malory Archer: The thought of me dead give you an ERECTION?
Sterling Archer: No, just half of one. The other half would have really missed you. I mean, not... ugh.
[Malory sighs]

ARCHER (Sterling Malory Archer, aka "Duchess")
Played by:
H. Jon Benjamin
Role: Secret Agent, Man-Whore, Hedonistic Asshole
Group Affiliations: ISIS
PL 8 (106)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Secret Agent) 10 (+10)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 5 (+5)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Persuasion 1 (+3)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Secret Agent Clearance), Chokehold, Equipment 3 (Spy Gear), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Guns), Improved Trip, Luck, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Equipment:
"Pistol" Blast 5 (10)
Assorted Gear (Varies By Mission) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Pistol +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Addiction (Poon)- Archer pretty much hits on every girl he sees, without fail. He chases after hookers (or "Call Girls" as he calls them. Unless they're dead, and then they're just "hookers" again), clients, co-workers, and more. He only draws the line at under-age girls ("but seriously- call me the MINUTE you turn eighteen").
Addiction (Alcohol)- Archer is almost constantly-drunk when he's at home, at any place with a bar, or when he's stressed-out- even when he's supposed to be on an important mission!
Addiction (Pam)- Archer bangs Pam while drunk one night, and proclaims it to be the "best sex I've EVER had!" without realising it's her. Because Pam is overweight and a loser, he tries to keep it on the "down-low", but can't withhold his desire for sweet, sweaty, ball-slapping intercourse.
---
Relationship (Mother)- Sterling chafes under the watchful eye of his vicious, distant, domineering mother (and boss) Malory. She was not present during most of his childhood, sending him to boarding schoosl and changing her address without telling him (and when she WAS there, it was to give him harsh life lessons that involved stealing his birthday presents). While he makes fun of her more than anyone else in the office, and openly disrespects her (and disobeys orders), he is disgusted at the thought of her having sex with anyone, and mentions of her whoring around will drive him to vomit and/or pass out (he was mortified both when he had to touch her giant vibrator to turn it off, and agin when he realized that THERE WAS NO SINK IN THAT ROOM). He once got an erection at the thought of her being killed, and his been known to shout her name during sex. There is only the MEREST glimmer here and there that he actually cares for his mother as a person.
Relationship (Lana Kane)- The two were lovers for years, but Archer's constant whoring drove a wedge between them. They are still attracted to each other, but disgust each other with various traits, and argue constantly. The sexual tension is ridiculously clear to everyone around them, though Archer exaggerates it, assuming that Lana is still "in the Danger Zone".
Relationship (Burt Reynolds)- Archer has a severe man-crush on Burt Reynolds. This is tested when he starts banging Archer's mother.
Relationship (Katya Kasanova)- The sexy Russian superspy & Archer fell in love quickly, and when Barry killed her, he went into a downward spiral (involving whores and becoming a Pirate King). When she returned as a cyborg and then hooked up with Barry, Archer was despondent.
Rivalry (Cyril Figgis)- Archer despises the wussy accountant who hooked up with Lana after he did. He frequently plays cruel pranks on Cyril, and physically abuses him frequently.
Enemy (Barry Dylan)- Barry has been injured many times as a result of Archer's dickishness, and it only got worse when Archer sodomized Barry's fiancee. As a result, Barry has grown into a sociopath obsessed with hurting Archer.
---
Responsibility (Animal Lover)- Despite caring VERY little for the injuries of anyone else around him (particularly crippled Ray), Archer is horrified whenever animals are hurt. He obsesses over Cheryl's pet Ocelot Baboo, and was so morfified at a villain killing a captive Tiger that he almost refused to have sex with Lana over it (she wasn't offering, but he THOUGHT she was).
Responsibility (Possible Sociopath)- Archer seems vaguely aware of how his attitude affects other people, but just doesn't seem to care. He expects everyone to do all of his work for him, and treats everyone like garbage (ESPECIALLY Woodhouse, his manservant, despite the man having raised Sterling).
Responsibility (Ego)- Archer is convinced of his own awesomeness, which often leads him into traps.
Responsibility (Father Figure)- Archer does not know who his father is (there are a few possible suspects thanks to his mom...), and often obsesses over it. When one of the possibilities was killed because of Archer's alcoholism & sex obsession, he felt horrible.
Responsibility (Voicemail Pranks)- Archer ALWAYS has a prank voicemail, often pretending to have a conversation with the caller, only to reveal (after a long pause) that this is just the request to leave a message. This annoys the crap out of everyone he knows, but he loves it.
---
Disabled (Tinnitus)- Archer has an ear disorder caused by numerous instances of being next to small arms fire and grenades going off. He nearly always hears a ringing (often mistaking it for his phone going off), and needs a special device to help him sleep.
Phobia (Crocodiles)- Archer fears them ever since a mysterious (possibly father) figure gave him a surprise birthday party with a stuffed crocodile.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (106)

-Archer (codenamed "Duchess" after his mother's beloved Afghan Hound- "She REALLY loved that dog.") is the hard-drinking, whoring main character of the show, pretty much a slave to his hedonistic desires and only the most basic attention to his job. Despite this (I mean, he's gotten countless Double Agents killed by calling them while they're undercover just to talk about how hard he partied), he's considered the most dangerous secret agent in the world. Series creator Adam Reed has stated that the goal with Archer was to "make him as dickish as possible, while also keeping him somewhat sympathetic."

-Truth be told, this kind of "Sociopathic Asshole" character archtype has gotten a bit tired over the years, as constant TV shows have ripped it off so they could be more like Peter Griffin. Oftentimes, it seems like they write this way so that the nerdy, picked-on writers can live vicariously through someone who can do whatever they want and not worry about the consequences (shows like South Park do this right, because Cartman almost ALWAYS suffers in the end). The worst case of this I can think of is American Dad, where I can't deal with the Roger character, who is not only constantly annoying with that horrible voice, but a giant monster who pretty much NEVER gets his comeuppance in the episodes I've seen. But in Archer's case, I can easily forgive it. Not only does everyone in his life actively despise and insult him, but he's constantly being injured due to his own stupidity, and every OTHER character is also a terrible person.

-H. Jon Benjamin is FANTASTIC in this role. I first discovered him on Home Movies, playing the similarly-deadpan/jerkassish Coach McGuirk, who spent most of his time giving horrible advice to young children. The scene where he screams at Melissa for offering him useless advice on curing his insomnia, or the time he got stuck in his car during Bye Bye Greasy is pants-pissingly hilarious stuff. He's also shown up in The Venture Brothers, Bob's Burgers and a few other shows. I LOVE this guy's voice- much like Mike Judge, he knows exactly how to say a line to get maximum hilarity out of it.

-Archer is a PL 7.5 on offense with firearms (if using an Automatic Weapon, a rare occurence, he can hit PL 8), but is only PL 6 defensively, and PL 5 when unarmed, as there are numerous instances of him having to duck behind cover (the series is often rather realistic with weapons-use, and even a few thugs with guns are very dangerous- however, like in real life, bullet wounds are rarely instantly fatal... unless you're a Mook), as well as the time some Yakuza gangsters effortlessly beat the crap out of him (he's STILL good at martial arts, having learned Krav Maga- not Karate, "the Dane Cook of martial arts"). He's STILL a bad-ass in combat, but wouldn't be a match for someone like the PL 10 Daredevil or Elektra- this series operates under slightly more realistic rules. Archer IS quite tough, though- often taking an unholy amount of damage and surviving (being shot by his mother, attacked by wild animals, etc.). He'd probably get Attractive (he IS supposed to be handsome, with black hair and beautiful blue eyes), but he's so obtuse that he can turn off any half-decent person.