Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Prince John! The Rescuers! Tod & Copper! Black Cauldron!)

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:55 pm What i can't wait to comment on is The Great Mouse Detective. As a RABID Holmesian(don't get me started on that Elementary b.s. that was on CBS for a while),i have a LONG comment prepared for this one...:)
I wait with baited breath :).
Jabroniville

Ratigan

Post by Jabroniville »

PADRAIC RATIGAN
Played By:
Vincent Price
Role: The Crimeboss, Effeminate Villain, Stylish Villain, Raving Madman
Most Villainous Moment: Drowned orphans and widows; uses it for a song.
PL 8 (138)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Crime) 12 (+15)
Expertise (Singing) 6 (+10)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 7 (+11, +13 Size)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8, +4 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 3 (Extremely Wealthy), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 comparative feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
"Natural Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (8 feet, comparatively) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)- Ratigan doesn't just want to be the wealthiest "mouse" in all the world- he wants ultimate power, and will scheme to unseat Queen Mousetoria to do it.
Motivation (For the Evulz)- Ratigan apparently just does things for the hell of it. The kind of things he sings about in his song defy all logic beyond him just being a sociopathic monster.
Temper ("What did you call me??")- If you call Ratigan a "rat", he will slowly begin to lose his cool- he'll act polite, but then coldly feed you to his pet cat. Even if you're a loyal henchman, and clearly too drunk to know any better.
Involuntary Transformation (Beast)- Ratigan plays it calm and cool, and refuses to completely lose his temper, even when called a rat. But if driven to his breaking point, he will become a savage, animalistic monster.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 10 (138)

-Remember what I said about villains hamming it up? Well here's VINCENT PRICE doing it, making the movie an instant one in the "Plus" column. He doesn't use his standard "Creepy Horror Guy" voice, though (the one from Thriller)- he's calm, cool and debonnaire, dressing the part and acting like nothing bothers him, while something clearly seethes just below the surface. Prancing about and cooing over Basil like an old lover, he nonetheless becomes a raging berserker by the end of the film, literally tearing Basil to shreds while in a complete rage. It's actually a really cool performance (both vocally and artistically), as he gives off this sense of sheer menace despite acting like a spurned sissy.

-Despite his protestations, Ratigan is indeed a rat (note the giant tail, and his hands having more fingers than the mice), and earns 4 ranks of Growth for his sheer size- he's easily twice the size of any other regular character (mice, frogs & bats make up his gang). He's a criminal mastermind and has very good mental stats, but his Complications make it quite clear that he is an out-and-out madman.

About the Performer: Well, he's VINCENT PRICE. Famous for his creepy, sinister voice, he played a variety of sly devils and large hams over the years. He started out as a character actor, but swiftly got recognized for horror film work. He played a superhero in The Saint, a radio broadcast, but mainly did a lot of "mad scientist"-type stuff. One of his favorite roles was as Egghead on the old Batman TV series, and by the '70s, was considered such an iconic "Horror Relic" that he became a regular on Hollywood Squares, and had mostly stopped getting "straight" work as a horror guy, as not only did the genre suffer a slump, but he was just TOO iconic- nobody could take him seriously as a real threat. A bit of a renaissance man, he was also a gourmet cook and an exceptional art critic who was in charge of a few galleries. He also became a noted supporter of LGBT causes as far back as the '70s, and was one of the first celebrities to comment about the AIDS crisis. His last big role was in Edward Scissorhands, because Tim Burton, both an auteur and a horror nerd, was a HUGE fan.
RUSCHE

Re: Ratigan

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:38 am Image

PADRAIC RATIGAN
Played By:
Vincent Price
Role: The Crimeboss, Effeminate Villain, Stylish Villain, Raving Madman
Most Villainous Moment: Drowned orphans and widows; uses it for a song.
PL 8 (138)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Crime) 12 (+15)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 7 (+11, +13 Size)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8, +4 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 3 (Extremely Wealthy), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 comparative feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
"Natural Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (8 feet, comparatively) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)- Ratigan doesn't just want to be the wealthiest "mouse" in all the world- he wants ultimate power, and will scheme to unseat Queen Mousetoria to do it.
Motivation (For the Evulz)- Ratigan apparently just does things for the hell of it. The kind of things he sings about in his song defy all logic beyond him just being a sociopathic monster.
Temper ("What did you call me??")- If you call Ratigan a "rat", he will slowly begin to lose his cool- he'll act polite, but then coldly feed you to his pet cat. Even if you're a loyal henchman, and clearly too drunk to know any better.
Involuntary Transformation (Beast)- Ratigan plays it calm and cool, and refuses to completely lose his temper, even when called a rat. But if driven to his breaking point, he will become a savage, animalistic monster.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 10 (138)

-Remember what I said about villains hamming it up? Well here's VINCENT PRICE doing it, making the movie an instant one in the "Plus" column. He doesn't use his standard "Creepy Horror Guy" voice, though (the one from Thriller)- he's calm, cool and debonnaire, dressing the part and acting like nothing bothers him, while something clearly seethes just below the surface. Prancing about and cooing over Basil like an old lover, he nonetheless becomes a raging berserker by the end of the film, literally tearing Basil to shreds while in a complete rage. It's actually a really cool performance (both vocally and artistically), as he gives off this sense of sheer menace despite acting like a spurned sissy.

-Despite his protestations, Ratigan is indeed a rat (note the giant tail, and his hands having more fingers than the mice), and earns 4 ranks of Growth for his sheer size- he's easily twice the size of any other regular character (mice, frogs & bats make up his gang). He's a criminal mastermind and has very good mental stats, but his Complications make it quite clear that he is an out-and-out madman.

About the Performer: Well, he's VINCENT PRICE. Famous for his creepy, sinister voice, he played a variety of sly devils and large hams over the years. He started out as a character actor, but swiftly got recognized for horror film work. He played a superhero in The Saint, a radio broadcast, but mainly did a lot of "mad scientist"-type stuff. One of his favorite roles was as Egghead on the old Batman TV series, and by the '70s, was considered such an iconic "Horror Relic" that he became a regular on Hollywood Squares, and had mostly stopped getting "straight" work as a horror guy, as not only did the genre suffer a slump, but he was just TOO iconic- nobody could take him seriously as a real threat. A bit of a renaissance man, he was also a gourmet cook and an exceptional art critic who was in charge of a few galleries. He also became a noted supporter of LGBT causes as far back as the '70s, and was one of the first celebrities to comment about the AIDS crisis. His last big role was in Edward Scissorhands, because Tim Burton, both an auteur and a horror nerd, was a HUGE fan.
I have always been a fan of Vincent Price, he as over the top and sinister in his delivery. Growing up Saturday was creature feature time and channel 50 out of Detroit was the way to go. My mom meet him on a plane ride and spoke so highly of how kind and understanding of his work and how it made him seem. This was 1980/81. She went on to tell him how her boys loved him and it was nice to talk with him. As she is telling me this I was in a trance of how my mom meet one of my idols. I ask her were it was..?? She asked what? My reply THE AUTOGRAPH! she went on to tell me he was so kind a sweet she did not want to bother him with that....I hide in my room for a week and might have shed a few tears...
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Prince John! The Rescuers! Tod & Copper! Black Cauldron!)

Post by Ares »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:07 am I've always wondered if the name Basil was a reference to Basil Rathbone who played Sherlock in film and on the radio in the 1940's.

I'm pretty confidant the "Watson is a bumbling idiot" idea in popular culture is due to the character's portrayal in that same series by Nigel Bruce... who looks surprisingly similar to Basil's companion...

I love old radio shows. Sue me ;~)
Hey, I'm a fan of pulps, film serials AND old radio shows. I'm right there with you. There was some modern group doing radio plays of old Lovecraft stories I need to dig up.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, you're spot on:
Based on the children's book series Basil of Baker Street by Eve Titus, it draws heavily on the tradition of Sherlock Holmes with a heroic mouse who consciously emulates the detective; Titus named the main character after actor Basil Rathbone, who is best remembered for playing Holmes in film (and whose voice, sampled from a 1966 reading of "The Red-Headed League"[2] was the voice of Holmes in this film, 19 years after his death). Sherlock Holmes also mentions "Basil" as one of his aliases in the Arthur Conan Doyle story "The Adventure of Black Peter".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Re: The Great Mouse Detective

Post by MacynSnow »

MACYN'S HOLMESIAN REVIEW OF DISNEY'S THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE (1986):
Now normally i don't do this type of stuff(i leave it to the expert's that know what their doing,Namely Jab&Ares :P),but as a RABID fan of Sherlock Holmes related stuff, i feel the need to put in own opinion of Technically the first Animated Sherlock ever made...

SOURCE OF THE STORY:
Now i'm not gonna re-tell you the Disney story here,jab's already dona terrific job on that already.Instead,i'm going to tell you where the original book writer(Eve Titus) might have got her inspiration and where Eisner and his buddies got the movie plot. More than likely, Titus gleamed the original book series idea from the Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce performances of Holmes&Watson from back in the late30's and early 40's (Basil of Baker Street is an almost straight rip-off of Rathbone's performance style,right down to his walk. Dawson is honestly more of a caricature of How Nigel acted).While i like Eve's idea(make a more kid-friendly version of the Doyle books as a stepping stone),i think her execution was a little off(IMO she dumbed it down TOO much,unintentionally insulting children's inrelligence...Ok,so i just so happen to believe Mr.Rogers had a valid point...).
As for Eisner and his buddies, they took 90% of the plot from the 1939 Holmes film The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.They specifically took Moriarty's plan to usurp the Crown of England,but changed up how he was going to go about it(it's intresting to note that if the film Moriarty actually managed to succeed,he legally would've been the King of England.Ratigan's plan was actually smarter.By having 'The Queen' make him her Consort,he would've had all the power without the responsibility inherent in wearing the Crown).

MAIN 'CAST' PORTRAITS:
here's where i break down how each character from this would fit as it's own 'Holmes Story'.Now these are just where I see them at,so take all this for the grain of salt it's worth....
Basil of Baker Street=Nicely voiced by Barry Ingham,Basil here unfortunately got a bad hit of Disney-itus(Where Disney turn's a perfectly good character into an overtly-rude Asshat for 80% of the film), as the original book version more closely resembled Rathbone's version of Holmes(While mildly condensating,he was never overtly rude.While he also lacked sympathy,the live-action Movie this is partly taken from has a good example of this,he is not without humanity)...

David Q.Dawson=voiced decently by Val Bettin(though i think he should've dropped his voice a little lower),ou Watson replacement was done remarkably well,considering they were modelling him off of Bruce's performance of him.While i heavily dislike the 'Drunk dancing' bit in it(imo,that completely undermined any credibility Dawson had as a Military soldier.), they showed Holmes assistant in a nicer light than they did every other Disney sidekick before OR after...

Olivia=our stand-in for both the 'Damsel in Distress' and us,I personally think they did a decent job using her character for what it was supposed to be,though the book version made her both much older(with a very slight romance sub-plot between her and Dawson,as Titus apparently wanted to show off the Watson/Mary story a little) and more capable(her and Ratigan's bat goon got into a major fight in the throne room in the book version).But i think they used her in the proper fashion,so i have no real complaint's on her....

Prof. Ratigan=Beautifully voiced by my personal Idol Vincent Price, Ratigan was originally supposed to be our Moriarty stand-in,but Disney turned him into this near raving madman...But for some unfathomable reason,be it Price's voice work or how the sript was written, it turned out to be a BRILLIANT move as it turned 'The Mirror Villian'(Moriarty was technically the first instance of this in Literature and his rivalry with Holmes is mirrored almost exactly by the Richards/Doom feud) into their own character.Price's performance of "Goodbye So Soon" is a beautifully done song that capture's Ratigan's personality down to the letter(it was even sang by Price himself!)....

FINAL THOUGHTS:
While i think Disney could've done a lot better with the material they had(see above for my complaint's), they also could've done a lot worse(The Black Cauldron is an unfortunate example of this).While it's not one of the most well known Holmes Cartoon Adaptation's(Sherlock Holmes in the 32nd Century unfortunately beat's it out),it's a very nice addition to the Holmesian lore and cannon...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Great Mouse Detective

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 am His best moment is when Basil calls him a "Sewer Rat" while Ratigan is smirking and holding a watch, and Ratigan just stops dead, holds the smile while his eyes narrow, and SNAPS the watch's lid shut without moving any other part of his body. Neat little character work there.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
sirjolt

Re: Jab's Builds! (Black Cauldron! Tron! Great Mouse Detective! Ratigan!)

Post by sirjolt »

I was never a big horror fan but I loved watching Mystery on PBS when Vincent Price was the host.
Jabroniville

Oliver & Company

Post by Jabroniville »

OLIVER AND COMPANY (1988):
Written by:
Charles Dickens (original story), Vance Gerry, Roger Allers, Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise, Dave Michener, Pete Young & Mike Gabriel

-This one is odd, comparing it to the rest of the franchise. I mean, "Take a famous story and make them animals" has been done, and "people in modern times" had been done, but the fact that this is so 1980s (with BILLY JOEL playing Dodger, a Tramp-esque character) makes it REALLY stand out- it's about the only era-specific movie from it's time period. It's not a bad movie (I saw it about ten years ago), and I liked it enough as a kid, because it's got a funny supporting cast of different breeds of dogs playing different roles. The prissy English Bulldog was funny, and Cheech Marin is always at least a LITTLE amusing, especially playing the runty, lusty Chihuahua. It's funny to see the notoriuous Fagin character done up as a down-on-his-luck guy forced into working for a criminal to pay the bills, but considering that the ORIGINAL Fagin from Oliver Twist is literally the most notoriously racist depiction of Jews in the history of fiction, I can imagine why Disney would do it- last thing they needed was MORE accusations of anti-semitism directed at the company.

In the overall scheme of Disney films, it's important because it and The Great Mouse Detective were a Proof of Concept to Disney Studios that Feature-Length Animation was worth keeping around in the glut of Don Bluth-animated movies that were kicking Disney's ass- it would be the last film made before The Disney Renaissance, which started with 1989's The Little Mermaid. It was initially going to be a sequel to The Rescuers, which is why the Jenny characters is basically identical to Penny from that film... but Disney then changed their minds and put a Rescuers sequel out TWO years later.
HalloweenJack

Re: Tron

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:25 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 am Image

TRON (1982):
Written by:
Steve Lisberger & Bonnie MacBird

-Tron is now famous for ahead-of-its-time graphics, but I never saw it until I was an adult, and I barely remember anything from it except for the concept (people going into a computer), and recognizing David Warner as the villain. Disney was actually a part of this project from very early on, as Steve Lisburger formulated the concept after watching Pong games in the late 1970s, and Disney execs were intrigued by the computer graphics. In it, a computer programmer attempts to hack his old company, but is prevented by the now-sentient Master Control Program, which soon digitizes him into the computer mainframe itself. His friend creates a "Tron" program to fight the MCP, and Tron soon forms in the computer and helps out our hero.

Reception & Cultural Impact: Like a lot of things that are now ubiquitous in pop culture... this one took a while to catch on. I mean, it was a SUCCESS, but hardly a hit- making $33 million at the box office. It was only with time that the movie became parodied constantly (the light cycle sequence in particular is both famous and easily-parodied by multiple sources), and the special effects got praised (John Lasseter: "Without Tron, there is no Toy Story"). Disney actually took YEARS to capitalize on the film's popularity, only releasing a sequel in 2010 (TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS LATER), and an animated series around then. Tron is, fittingly, much like Disney's Tomorrowland- a look into the future that is now adorably dated, what with the obvious "70s/80s Atmosphere" with all the neon lights and black backgrounds. Disney has made a few efforts to set off a Tron franchise, what with the sequel and TV series, as well as a rollercoaster at Disneyland Shanghai, but ultimately it's mostly stalled-out. Part of the issue is the CHARACTERS aren't really that memorable. I think Master Control is the only one people really recognize. Tron: Legacy was a box office success, but a critical failure, and Disney hasn't attempted to replicate it since (likely realizing that the $400 box office is unlikely to be duplicated)- Tron 3 has been in development hell for years.

-No builds, unfortunately. I remember way too little about this one, and the Wikis aren't useful.
What I remember most is that the two secondary leads, Brice Boxleitner (Alan/Tron) and Cindy Morgan (Lora/Yuri), would end up playing opposite each other again a few years later in "Bring 'Em Back Alive".
the thing I liked about Tron, was I remember it as a kid, and then watching it in 98 I was like "Hey...that's Jeff Bridges! That's David Warner! THAT'S COMMANDER SHERIDAN...and is that....IT IS....LONDO MOLLARI!"

and then there's this classic joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msKI1T9i710
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

also Vincent Price is the best in anything.

as for Oliver and Company...man when I was a little kid I SO wanted to see that movie....but never did, not even to this day.

I know I STILL have the toys from McDonalds boxed up somewhere. I had Oliver, Dodger, and whatever the poodle Bette Midler played was named
Jabroniville

Dodger

Post by Jabroniville »

DODGER
Played By:
Billy Joel
Role: Streetwise Character, Mentor Figure, Cad
PL 3 (61)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+5)
Expertise (Thief) 4 (+3)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+6, +2 Size)
Perception 2 (+4)
Sleight of Paw 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [5]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -4 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Bite +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dogs cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Relationship (Oliver & The Gang)- Dodger is close with his gang and owner, Fagin.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 4 (61)

-Dodger is very similar to The Tramp- last time I did Disney Builds, I made them literally the exact same build, with some notes on their differences. At PL 3, they're not exactly super-dominant because they're quite weak, but have some good accuracy. Does Billy Joel deserve a +10 Singing score? We Didn't Start The Fire says yes, but his other songs say "No". Uptown Girl can suck my ass.

About the Performer: UGH. Billy Joel is so notoriously schlock-y that Anthony Bourdain considered it an instant firing if someone played his music in one of his kitchens. He's a notorious '80s figure, not really respected, but Piano Bars have been playing Piano Man ever since it came out. It's really, REALLY cheesy stuff, though We Didn't Start the Fire is endearingly catchy. Joel was a HUGE star in the '80s, but is mostly a relic after that point- somewhat iconic to the whole "Dopey musician can marry anyone he likes", having married CHRISTINE BRINKLEY during her modeling prime in the decade, though the marriage wasn't especially long.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Hey now, it's pretty harsh to judge Joel's singing as if Uptown Girl were typical (which, ugh, now I need to get out of my head). Most of his singing is much better than that! And some I like significantly more than We Didn't Start The Fire. Although I admit, he's more talented as a piano player than as a singer. Try listening to a good recording of Miami 2017 if you're not familiar with it.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Also Downeaster Alexa, or River of Dreams, Honesty, Anthonys Song, Still Rock and Roll to me, Joels got a lot of classic anthems that have remained timeless over the decades.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

The most annoying thing about TRON was it convinced so many people to this day netspace/the cloud/whatever is somehow another freaking dimension. Which makes no more sense than people thinking there's another dimension associated with printers or cable TVs or arcade games (yeah, Wreck It Ralph, but adults don't take that one seriously).

Still, the patented David Warner villain makes up for a lot, even if he is just doing the ka-jillionth iteration of his EVIL! guy from Time Bandits.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Sykes

Post by Jabroniville »

BILL SYKES
Played by:
Robert (Salvatore) Loggia
Role: Loan Shark, Violent Criminal
PL 5 (74)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+4)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Mob Boss/Loan Shark) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (74)

-Sykes is a mostly-forgettable villain, I thought, though I still remember that scene where he chokes Fagin using the car window (it suddenly came back to me while scoping out Sykes' images- I was like "HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER THAT!"- keep in mind, it'd been probably close to twenty years since I'd seen the picture by that point). He's a dirty, rotten loan shark, and only drops Fagin's debt when Sykes figures to kidnap Jenny for ransom.
About the Performer: Known to young people today largely because of a Family Guy gag about him spelling out his name, he was in a TON of stuff, appearing in An Officer and a Gentleman, Scarface and Independence Day. A burly guy with a thick New York accent, he played a lot of toughs.

ROSCOE & DeSOTO
Played By:
Taurean Blacque & Carl Weintraub
Role: Bad-Ass Dogs
PL 4 (40)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Fast Grab, Improved Trip

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [5]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 1 [1]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Bite +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Relationship (Sykes)- The Dobermans are Sykes' minions.
Disabled (Animal)- Dogs cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 5 (40)

-Dobermans are pretty much always villains in movies, and this is no exception. They're scary, lean and athletic dogs designed for protection, after all. Of course, this movie makes them out to be EVIL MINIONS, threatening Dodger's gang while Sykes threatens Fagin.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.