Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
squirrelly-sama

Re: Brigitte

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 pm Image

Holy Christ on a cracker.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Disney Done! G! Falke! Zeku! Hammond! *sigh*... BRIGITTE...)

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh good. I posted the build on the last post of the page accidentally (I HATE doing that), but you posted all the lovely pics again.

Brigitte, Zarya or Mei...? I can’t choose! Brigitte’s the happy medium between the other two! She’s so perf!
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds (Merida! Disney Builds Done! Leonidas! G! Falke!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am Hottest Disney Female: Fifi the maid, once she resumed her human form.
I concur
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Merida! Disney Builds Done! Leonidas! G! Falke!)

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am Hottest Disney Female: Fifi the maid, once she resumed her human form.
I concur
Easily the greatest two-second cameo of all time.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, Brigitte for the win. *sigh*
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Yeah, she hits the intersection of everything that works for me, too.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm Brigitte, Zarya or Mei...? I can’t choose! Brigitte’s the happy medium between the other two! She’s so perf!
I don't think she's a medium. Don't get me wrong, she's still hot. But there's no way 'medium' falls between Mei and Zarya.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Ken wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:25 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm Brigitte, Zarya or Mei...? I can’t choose! Brigitte’s the happy medium between the other two! She’s so perf!
I don't think she's a medium. Don't get me wrong, she's still hot. But there's no way 'medium' falls between Mei and Zarya.
She's an extremely happy size XL.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:38 am
In all the right places.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Children of the Vault

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CHILDREN OF THE VAULT
Created By:
Mike Carey & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: X-Men #188 (Sept. 2006)
Role: Forgotten Secret Society

-Jesus Criminy- this is EXACTLY the kind of thing you create when you really want everyone to think your new Precious Pet is special. The hilarious thing is, Chris Claremont did this EXACT SAME THING... in the EXACT SAME BOOK... only a few years earlier. The whole "This is a SUPER-AWESOME Secret Society, yo!" origin story is pathetically-overdone in comics (I think Marvel has AT LEAST three of them off the top of my head). A writer I've never heard of, either (he's done a lot of Hellblazer stuff, and usually worked for DC, I guess). This reminds me of when I posted Claremont's "The Neo" group, and Batgirl pointed out the old theory that "there should be a moratorium on creating new characters for at least five years", as the glut of these idiots gets overwhelming at times. I mean, a secret society of super-powered beings? THOUSANDS of them? And they never get mentioned again after the creator leaves? Who DOES that?

-So The Children of the Vault are a group of beings that developed super-powers in secrecy (via some ship that had "temporal acceleration technology" that enhanced powers), and bred only with each other, creating a "separate species", apart from both humans and mutants, genetically-speaking. They appeared with no real motivation aside from that they fought the X-Men, and they held particular hatred for Sabretooth for discovering them. They had a real "we are the rightful species to inherit the planet" kind of thing going on. Using Spanish codenames, they fought Sabretooth and killed a bunch of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents while making everyone think they were the X-Men. They were also responsible for giving Northstar & Aurora their "create a blast when touching each other" power, in their attempts to force the twins to kill on their behalf.

-The X-Men were nearly killed by the subsequent attack, but fought back after the X-Mansion was about to be blown up. In fact, several Children DIED (including their leader, Sangre) in the altercation, as the X-Men had by this point been joined by more bloodthirsty sorts like Mystique and Lady Mastermind. Most of the named Children died, but some escaped using a cover to make it look like they'd died (blowing up part of their ship). The X-Men would use their own ship for a while.

-A while later (ie. when Mike Carey got onto a different book), the Children would be reformed under a new leader when the X-Men and some students would arrive in India so that teammate Indra could get into an arranged marriage. It turned out that his intended was secretly one of the new crew of Children, and this led to a fight.

-This whole thing reads like a classic "Some Editor should have kiboshed this" situation. A) you shouldn't let someone just up and create a society of thousands of super-powered beings as some half-assed thing. B) Marvel had way too many of these groups already. Like, this is a whole 'nother Eternals/Inhumans/Deviants kind of thing. C) Obviously everyone else had no interest in playing with Carey's new toy, so OF COURSE the next chance he gets, his Precious Pets get re-used for another story. And so, with two uses after twelve friggin' years, the Children of the Vault now sit, un-used, in Marvel Limbo.

-Note: Some of the members of the Children of the Vault have bios indicating that their powers are dependent on suits they wear, and that they will lose power once the suits run out of juice. These notes are only occasionally seen on bios, and are not replicated from other sources, so I'm not quite sure which have this Flaw and which don't.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Ares wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:47 am
BriarThrone wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:38 am

In all the right places.
That's the happy bit!
Jabroniville

Sangre

Post by Jabroniville »

SANGRE ("Blood")
Created By:
Role: The Leader
PL 9 (162)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Deception 4 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Liquid Form"
Insubstantial 1 [5]
Immunity 20 (Slashing & Piercing Damage) [20]
Immunity 20 (Bludgeoning Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
Swimming 2 [2]

"Suffocating Bubble" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Suffocating Bubble +10 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Secret Society)
Motivation (Ruling the World)- The Children of the Vault wish to take over the world, after ridding it of humanity and mutantkind.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 53 / Defenses: 15 (162)

-Sangre led the first batch of Children of the Vault seen- his body was nearly impervious to harm, rendering him difficult to deal with, but Mystique had some thermite rounds in her gun, and the resulting heat evaporated his body, killing him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Rana

Post by Jabroniville »

RANA ("Frog")
Created By:
Role: Secret Society Member
PL 8 (116)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Possession" Mind Control 8 (Flaws: Possession) Linked to Damage 8 (Extras: Penetrating) (Flaws: Limited to Possessed Beings) [32]
Senses 3 (Ultravision, Extended Vision, Infravision) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Possession +8 (+8 Affliction & +8 Damage, DC 18 & 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Secret Society)
Motivation (Ruling the World)- The Children of the Vault wish to take over the world, after ridding it of humanity and mutantkind.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 9 (116)

-Rana had a "degree of superhuman strength" and defeated Indra using an ability that either involved normal Possession, or simply entering someone's body and attacking them internally. Pretty unique, but I figured it's best as a Linked Power, otherwise you have to do some weird thing that's that old mix of Insubstantial, Concealment and Internal Damage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Brave! Merida! Disney Builds Done! Leonidas! G!)

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:21 pm This is probably going to annoy you Jab along the lines of 'So Oni are Japanese Troll then?' but I saw Bedknobs and Broomsticks yesterday for the first time since I was a child and it's really worth watching if you can find it. Of course much of it will seem silly and dated to someone watching it for the first time but there are some really iconic sequences. It's tone reminded me of of a mixture of several movies most obviously Mary Poppins (There's even a section that crosses live action with animation)
This movie is now officially my least-favorite movie of all time, and I haven't even seen it yet :P.

These Children of the Vault builds, by the way, were the genesis of looking through the "C" names for my Marvel set, finding them, and realizing that the group couldn't be handled via Template or even a quick thing- it actually took a LOT of research and digging to find any reliable info on them. Naturally, a group that's so uninteresting and has such little effect on comics as a whole would require a whole buttload of effort to stat :).
Arkrite

Re: Brigitte

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 pm Image

Holy Christ on a cracker.
Hot Diggity-Damn!
Well, I have a new number one on my Overwatch list! :D