Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Razzputin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sleepwalker! Stalker! Snowblind! Spider-Ham!)

Post by Razzputin »

What no picture for Peter Porker. Also yes nobody cares about Sleepwalker but thank you for bringing him to the boards.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Razzputin wrote:What no picture for Peter Porker. Also yes nobody cares about Sleepwalker but thank you for bringing him to the boards.
Hey, I hit "Submit" too soon- cut me some slack :P. And yeah, poor Sleepwalker- no wonder his comic sold so poorly back in the day.

It's actually rather bizarre- we've seen a half-dozen new New Warriors books since the '90s, and Darkhawk had an attempted shot here or there. Sleepwalker? NUTHIN'. Maybe Marvel should beg Robert Kirkman to use his original idea for a book :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I posted this the last time I statted up Sleepwalker (which was... wow, four years and two months ago!): he was part of a set for the great Marvel Cards of the early '90s.

---

Strong Guy is not an X-Man! What the hell, Card!?!

MARVEL CARDS:

-For my next set, I basically got an idea while scoping out my old Marvel Cards from the binder I had when I was a kid. After remembering all of these forgotten nobodies (most of whom were new or relevant at the time, but no more), I figured I'd post a few of them... after realizing just HOW MANY of these guys I hadn't built before, and decided to complete a set, as it were.

-These cards were pretty great- trading cards with bios of the various Marvel characters. Funnily enough, when Series I came out, I was barely even a comic fan, and my friends would actually joke about it because I had no idea how to play along when they all talked comics (nowadays it's all newfangled things like Pokemon and Dragon Whatsits or Zip-Zops or something. Damned kids). They'd actually make up stuff to win arguments, because I didn't know better- one friend told me that all of the X-Men had claws, and that Wolverine (their favourite) and Captain America (my favourite) had fought, and Logan beat Cap so bad with his claws that he nearly died and The Avengers had to come save him. Because kids are DICKS.

-It is actually these very cards that led to me learning the majority of what I initially knew about comics- these were the first instances I had ever read of Jean Grey, Shadowcat, Sub-Mariner, Captain Britain, Silver Sable, The New Warriors and dozens of others.

SERIES I:
* Series I came out in 1990, when I was eleven years old. It was pretty basic stuff, featuring mini-bios, a "Did You Know?" section, a ton of statistics (debut, height, weight, and Arch-Enemies), and a Win-Loss Record (the Win-Loss records were odd- I wonder if they actually calculated those out or just made them up. I doubt Baron Zemo really had 184 battles in the comics by 1990, so I think the latter). The cards were a bit bland by later standards (from the standard "single colour pictureframe around the image" to the standard "box" design of everything to the pedestrian art chosen), but some had some decent drawings. I have the fewest of these of most of the sets as I never actually COLLECTED these so much as got some from friends and X-Men toys (the original "then: cool; now: hilariously plain" X-Men toys came with cards from this series), having only 23 in total. A few things that were never repeated include the "Most Valuable Comics" cards (I had the Avengers #1 and Wolverine #1 cards) and "Spider-Man Presents", featuring Spidey giving tongue-in-cheek interviews with assorted Marvel characters ("So are you a real Doctor?" Doctor Doom: "Of COURSE not! Would YOU go to a Doctor named DOOM?"), and the "Team Pictures" cards were more like posted photographs that mostly only showed heads.

-Of particular note here is the specific era of comics- the current X-Men sometimes wore the generic team outfits and had SUNDER as a member of the team (but the picture is clearly of Strong Guy before he got the name), and had Gambit in his original, skeevy-looking regular-eyed design instead of the heterosexuality-threatening red-eyed Frenchman you see nowadays. What REALLY bugged me was that Alpha Flight had a team picture, but didn't say who was whom- without Wikipedia, I had NO IDEA which ones Windshear and Persuasion were. Wolverine was then known as "Patch", and Spider-Man got a card featuring the Black Costume (which I thought was the GREATEST CARD AND COSTUME EVER... sadly, I never had it.

SERIES II:
* Series II was extremely cool, and a big improvement. The art took a step up, and it added.... *GASP* POWER RATINGS!!!! It is this feature that basically is solely responsible for my current dorky obsession with statting stuff up- the results of which you read in more than a thousand pages of stuff between the Atomic Think Tank, Ronin Army and here. The Ratings featured Strength, Speed, Agility, Stamina, Durability and Intelligence rated from 1 through 7... which provided some odd bits of info. See, at this point, Strength 1 was someone who couldn't lift more than their own body weight over their head, leaving a LOT of female characters with the lowest possible score- even Gambit & Quasar were only Strength 1! Which, given that lifting 180-ish pounds over your head is actually kind of tough, makes sense for people with regular builds. Agility was usually pretty low throughout (not everyone is Spider-Man), and Stamina was often as well... it's actually the weirdest stat they ever used. When the hell did comic book characters typically show ENDURANCE enough to be worthy of its own stat? It also had the curious side effect of making some characters look REALLY weak on the chart- Marvel Girl didn't have a single stat over "3", because there was no stat for her Telekinetic or Telepathic powers. Similarly, The Punisher was weak, Daredevil had low stats (a "4" in Agility?), and more.

-"Class 100 Strength" rears its infamous head here as well- you will STILL see fans online quote that as a break between the Elite Class and the Strong Class of characters- The Thing, Sasquatch and others were all stuck here (despite lifting hundreds to thousands of tons in the comics sometimes)- Mark Gruenwald (my Muse of Nerdy Statting), who preferred lower and more established power levels, was still alive and in power, after all. Rogue was also somewhat under-represented, with a "4" for Strength (putting her in the same class as Beast & Spider-Man, not just below Colossus, who had a "6"). Invisible Woman didn't have a single stat over "3", Scarlet Witch never broke a "2", etc.! I loved the stats, but some were often way out of whack (Punisher has Stamina & Agility "4" only? The Juggernaut was the same strength as Warpath & Colossus?), and failed to establish how powerful some guys could be. Deathlok could also apparently lift 50 tons! As you'd expect, the powerhouse stats went to Silver Surfer, Thor & Galactus (who had a "1" in Stamina to reflect his hunger, I guess).

-The main thing aside from Power Ratings was that these cards looked GREAT. Every single card was at LEAST "Average" (and Hawkeye was wearing shades for some reason), and many were stunning. Deathlok, Dr. Strange, Annihilus & Thanos were BITCHING. Marvel Girl looked STUNNING (I was in love instantly. I was only 12 and she was startlingly-attractive in form), Shadowcat was cute as hell, etc. There's a section on "Weapons", showing The Infinity Gauntlet, Daredevil's Billy Club, Web-Shooters, Iron Man Armor, etc.

-More era-specific stuff: Thor is and was always Eric Masterson to me, by virtue of every Thor Card I had for two straight years (my formative comic years) featuring the bearded newbie. Shadowcat & Nightcrawler were always Excalibur members, Ulik & Saracen were notable villains, Sleepwalker, Rage & Darkhawk were notable heroes (I mean, they had ROOKIE CARDS!), etc. I was OBSESSED with my brother's Arch-Enemies: Avengers vs. Ultron card and got in trouble when I wouldn't stop begging & pleading with him to trade for it ("I NEED that card, mom!"- pretty sure I cried. Hey, I was twelve :)), I'm pretty sure because it had a cat-girl in a bikini on it (ah, Tigra). The coolest cards were the "Power Ratings" ones, which actually showed what all the powers represented (nobody got a "7" in Agility)- Aunt May was frequently used for the "1" ratings, and poor Absorbing Man got stuck with "Intelligence 1- Mentally Deficient".

SERIES III:
* Series III was next, and another step up, though the art took more of a nosedive. While Series II had some great panels of art, with full backgrounds, Series III did a kind of weird thing where it was a shot of the guy's full body on a starfield background (which linked up between cards), and a tiny shaped-pictureframe behind them (some guys had squares, others had rectangles or circles. A few even had triangles!). The Power Ratings got an upgrade, dropping the usually-low Agility & Stamina scores for Energy Projection, Mental Powers and Fighting Ability, suddenly leaving guys with REALLY high stats in some categories. It made a lot of people suck less, too.

-Not that the Power Ratings couldn't be inaccurate- many guys undergoing a current big "Push" as a character got HUGE Fighting Ability scores (Bishop & Shiva got a "6"- two points higher than Black Panther! Cable & Omega Red got the full "7"!). The Invisible Woman was stuck with Energy Projection "4", almost every single strong character was stuck with a "3-4" range Fighting, etc. One odd effect was that every single character got boosted to at least a "2" in Strength (lifting anywhere from their own weight to the human maximum), meaning that everyone from Polaris to Captain America had the same Strength. Sabretooth was human-level strength, despite being WAY strong in many apperances, though the X-Books could be iffy on keeping that straight.

Of all the heroes, Weapon Omega was by far the most obscure. This series also gave me my lifelong disgust of The Guardians of the Galaxy- I took one look at Charlie-27 and hated 'em. Starhawk was rad, though.

-"Famous Battles/Arch-Enemies" gave way towards "Team-Ups" (which, like the Battles series, showed only one instance in which the characters met) and "Origins", "Milestones" (Death of Gwen Stacy, The Dark Phoenix Saga and other famous events) and "Wars" (usually Crossovers like The X-Tinction Agenda and Inferno). "Rookies" include The Pantheon (again, era-specific. They were The Hulk's team for a couple years of Peter David's run), Kylun & Cerise from Excalibur, Slapstick, Strong Guy, The Darkhold Redeemers (the worst name imaginable), Bishop, Silhouette and Talon. "Cosmic Beings" featured the huge Cosmic dudes I'd NEVER seen before- I'd never seen Eternity, The Living Tribunal or Ego before this point (I was only reading X-Books and Captain America). Other weirdness- nobodies like Zarrko the Tomorrow Man and Zodiak have cards. Carnage is miscoloured to have dark blue/black as his majority colour, with the rest of him red. Maelstrom is drawn so skinny that he looks ridiculous. THE SLUG of all people gets a card!

* There's some Marvel Masterpieces and X-Men Cards and stuff in my binder as well- The first series of X-Men cards had some GREAT Jim Lee art for every single character (I wonder if they paid him well for that... given he left for Image right after, I'd imagine not), and the Masterpieces had some very cool stuff mixed alongside some rather pedestrian bits (Mandarin & Loki bad; Hulk, Bullseye & Iceman good). I liked that they included an image of the character's debut issue as well. I should point out that heights and weights listed on all the bios can be funny- I am QUITE certain that The Juggernaut is taller than 6'10"- I've seen him tower twice as high as some people. This is generally a weakness in all bios for fictional characters.

So out of character for Sue... so hard for me to care...

Here's a collection of all the panels: http://www.mikekloc.com/nonsport/Marvel ... /index.php

SERIES IV:
* Series IV featured a cool new thing- the 9-panel pictures, where a full page of your card-slipcover things would make one giant super-image. This series was the weakest for actual info on the back, though- while it's boring read the paragraph-long origin stories on each card-back, these ones only featured a modicum of information, a "Did You Know?" on the bottom, and only had FOUR Power Ratings per guy (with any of the prior categories seen on earlier cards being used), often choosing powers at random to show (why even HAVE Stamina on there?). Series IV is also the weirdest for sheer random assortment of goofy one-shot characters that don't matter. The Thing is wearing his metal mask from when Wolverine slashed his face, Occulus and Proctor have cards, and then there's losers like Deadzone, Siege, Shock, Hardcore, Terror Inc. and Heart Attack. And now, I'm a pretty big comic book fan. I've made a name for myself just off the knowledge of hordes of pointless jobbers... and I have NEVER, IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, read a comic featuring ANY of those characters! I've never even seen them outside of these Cards, they're so minor! A handful of them were just guys from that year's Marvel releases (and thus had no longevity, since this was 1994 and comics were going through the Bust), but seriously- it was at least a nice switch from the "Same Old" major characters we'd been getting before that. It's a very interesting "snapshot" at comics in that particular moment, almost like getting a Digest Anthology of every comic released that year rather than a "best of" collection of every good character ever.

-And OH MY GOD IT'S THE BOMBER JACKET AVENGERS. WOW did that era suck for the team. Unsurprisingly, this card set takes place during the Comic Book Bust when Marvel and other companies started losing money left and right.

-Most of the panels are pretty good, but lack something because they try to link up the characters (which means that many big-name X-Men and others get left out). The pages basically go: Solo Heroes (Hulk, Moon Knight, Silver Sable & her Wild Pack), Cosmic Characters, New Warriors, X-Force, Alpha Flight/Excalibur, Magic Guys (Strange, Sleepwalker, Thor), Spider-Man, Avengers West Coast, Fantastic Four, Street Level (Cage, Punisher... She-Hulk?), Avengers, Ghost Rider (yeah, he was a big enough character back then that ALL the Midnight Sons got Cards), X-Men, Alien Races (a cool idea), Marvel U.K. (featuring those GOD-AWFUL over-the-top '90s guys), and Unsolved Mysteries (many of which were answered later... Nightcrawler, Wolverine & Cable's origins, the Sixth Infinity Watch member (Thanos), and the Fate of the X-Men (Onslaught), and a current mystery like The Face of Doctor Doom.

-All in all, these cards were great fun, though it kinda fell apart later. Later sets did come out, but I only collected a card or two. One series had REALLY ugly "shiny" art and holographic bits on every card, and I got out of comics right around 1994 anyways, so I have little knowledge of those sets. But overall, I can count a lot of my comic book obsession coming not from the actual comics (I didn't read most of the "Classic" stuff until 1999 or so when I got to Edmonton and found some major comic book stores and some money of my own).

(this led to a span of me statting up several largely-obscure guys who'd appeared on the Marvel Cards, who oddly I'd never before statted, despite having been statting guys for around six years by that point. Very odd)
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Apparently Snowblind survived and was last seen working for Blackheart (He also got a spiffy new suit)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Tattooedman

Re: Jab's Builds! (Archer Builds! The Imperial Guard! Sleepwalker!)

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote:New rule: Anyone making a horrible pun must also accompany it with a picture of a MILF.

Ken alone will soon drain the entire internet of MILF pics :).
First off, I totally support this new rule! And Ken will need at least 5 days, IMO that is.
Jabroniville wrote:Also, apparently nobody cares about poor Sleepwalker.
While I like the concept of the character, I just didn't read his book when it came out. Not that I wouldn't have liked it, but just because I had a limited budget at the time (what with my then-time addiction to Spider-Man & the X-Men [both of who had numerous books in the 90s]) and not too much spare funds to buy many random comics.

Later on I've read about Sleepwalker and it seems like I missed out, but it's a case of mea culpa more than anything at this point.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That brings to mind a funny thing... remember when Spider-Man had FOUR books coming out at once? Like, Amazing and Spider-Man (Adjectiveless) were the central books, but for some reason we also had Spectacular (Sal Buscema's rapdily-fading talents on art) and Web of Spider-Man at the same time? Various books have gone into some depth on how this kind of diluted the sales of each one- at least two were unnecessary- there was obviously nothing of importance going on in half of them. DC did this, too- There were four Superman books for a while, never mind what DC did with Batman (spinning him off into a line that surpassed the X-Men's in sheer size).

Oddly enough, now Marvel has altered this gameplan by simply putting the characters into TEAM BOOKS- Spidey now shows up in an Avengers thing, or a Team-Up book, or whatever. Back in the '70s, all you had was Amazing and Marvel Team-Up (which was just one-offs). Then we got the first side-book (Spectacular, which was at least themed to the more "artsy", gritty storytelling). But by the '90s, it was just TONS of stuff, all for one character.

And of course the X-Men hasn't strayed from the "you like this series? F*** you, you're buying 8 books a month and you'll LIKE IT." mentality since the mid-1980s (even in the current "OMG Marvel is DE-PUSHING THE X-MEN SO BADLY- they only have FIFTEEN books coming out a month now!" scene). And they've been joined by the Avengers in the meantime. And the FF and even the friggin' INHUMANS had two books running at a time for a while there.

Plus a few Team Books with solo member spin-offs (Drax, Karnak).

But yeah... the "Fewer Books; More Focus" strategy... wouldn't be bad. It'd suck for the industry pros who need the work, of course, but there's just too much to ever keep up with. How many books were printed monthly in the '70s & '80s? I know the '60 had so few that ONE MAN could write almost all of them, but by the '80s we were getting stuff like Cloak & Dagger.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote:New rule: Anyone making a horrible pun must also accompany it with a picture of a MILF.

Also, apparently nobody cares about poor Sleepwalker.
Yes, play safe: Puns are fun!

I think Ken is probably already working on his homework....

Ah, poor ol' Sleepwalker. Yeah, he probably put most folks to sleep.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote:

Also, apparently nobody cares about poor Sleepwalker.
Yes, play safe: Puns are fun!

I think Ken is probably already working on his homework....
Ken has been dealing with his Mum going into the hospital on Sunday evening, and her coming home today.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote:Ken has been dealing with his Mum going into the hospital on Sunday evening, and her coming home today.
Sorry to hear that Ken, that's always rough. Hope everything is ok.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Shellshock

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

SHELLSHOCK (Gary Buser)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Fantastic Four Annual #5 (Nov. 1967)
Role: Jobber Villain, Gimmick User
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (73)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)
Technology 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Specialized Gimmick Handgun" (Flaws: Easily-Removable) [15]
"Expanding Yeast-Putty" Snare 7 (21) -- (25 points)
  • AE: "Shock Blasts/Microwave Energy" Blast 7 (Feats: Variable) (15)
  • AE: "Gas Grenades" Affliction 5 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Area- 30ft. Cloud) (Diminished Range -1) (19)
  • AE: "Mini-Missiles" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2 for 6 Ranks) (17)
  • AE: "Heat-Seeking Projectiles" Blast 7 (Feats: Homing 2) (Quirks: Requires Heat) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blasts +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Putty +7 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Gas Grenades +5 Area (+5 Affliction, DC 15)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 12 (73)

-Holy crap, so THAT's who that guy is! I swear I've seen that face in the backgrounds of comic panels or bio-sites before, and I've always gone "who in the hell is that loser in the canary-yellow jumpsuit with the funny lumpy mask?" Turns out it's Shellshock, a bargain-basement Stan 'n' Jack creation (who originally looked like a dead-ringer for The Mad Thinker- Kirby basically just had him recoloured) with a Gimmick Gun, who later got a costume redesign. He harassed The Thing a couple more times, but never really amounted to anything (just a few Marvel Two-In-One appearances), and was at the "Bar With No Name" with all of the other Forgotten Jobbers who ended up murdered by The Scourge of the Underworld.

-I bounced around Shellshock's PL, accuracy & power for a bit, because I assumed he'd have more powerful weapons at first (along with lower accuracy), but then I read he was really accurate so I switched them... but that would make him PL 8, which just FEELS wrong for guys of his caliber. Then I looked at the Handbook Appendix and found most of his appearances were super-embarrassing: The Black Panther basically outran his Homing Blasts and made them hit Shellshock himself, and Ben Grimm once basically sat there taking all of his best shots before KOing him with a pinky-finger. Thus, Shellshock is a semi-balanced PL 7 who sucks in melee.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote:. Ken has been dealing with his Mum going into the hospital on Sunday evening, and her coming home today.
Oh Ken, so sorry to hear about your Mum going into the hospital. I Hope and pray all is well. Glad she came home today!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ever plannin on hitting DC's letters there Jab? Could be interesting.

Not as interesting as Terrordrome.......just saiyen brokarot
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote:ever plannin on hitting DC's letters there Jab? Could be interesting.
GOD no. DC builds are a pile of misery to do, especially if you haven't read stories featuring the characters. Multiple continuities, power levels that are complete mysteries, online bios that have ZERO accessible information regarding stats, characters that go generations between appearances, and more. For example, I couldn't even do the Legion of Super-Heroes foes The Fatal Five (actual characters that have appeared FREQUENTLY over the years) due to a lack of information being available, even on Wikipedia and ComicVine! I was all ready to start doing those builds one time, then found NOTHING available except for the DC Adventures official builds of the characters! And when I realized that the only way I could stat them was to essentially completely copy an official source, I was like "NOPE- not doing this".

And that's the FATAL FIVE. I couldn't even imagine statting characters I'd never seen before!
Not as interesting as Terrordrome.......just saiyen brokarot
I have no idea what that is. And you ran out of "Request Points" when you made me stat that damn WWE Immortals game :p.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I must've missed it somewhere, but what exactly is a "jobber"? Is that like a mercenary?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Shiva

Post by Jabroniville »

SHIVA
Created By:
Larry Hama & Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: Wolverine #50 (Jan. 1992)
Role: Forgotten '90s Villain, Unstoppable Robot
Group Affiliation: The Weapon X Program
PL 10 (168), PL 12 (168) to Weapon X Members
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+12)
Expertise (Hunter/Tracker) 4 (+6)
Perception 6 (+5)
Stealth 10 (+14)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Tracking

Powers:
"Unstoppable Robot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude) [30]
Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 9) [19]
"Self-Repair Systems" Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrowth) [5]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Distracting) [6]

Senses 3 (Analytical & Infravision) [3]
Energy Blast 9 (Feats: Split) (19) -- [22]
  • AE: "Activate Neuro-Synthetic Implants for Cataclysmic Memory Backlash" Affliction 14 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Flaws: Limited to Weapon X Members) (Inaccurate -2) (5)
  • AE: "Electro-Magnetic Force Field" Force Field 4 (Flaws: Immobile -2) (1)
  • AE: Teleport 7 (Extras: Extended) (21)
"Activate Duplicate Robot" Immortality 10 (Flaws: Limited to At Weapon X Facility) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Energy Blast +11 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Memory Backlash +8 (+14 Affliction, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Motivation (Capture & Destruction of the Weapon X Members)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 98 / Defenses: 6 (168)

-Shiva is a mindless automoton that frequently came after Wolverine and his Weapon X buddies in Larry Hama's "Wolverine" run- like Albert & Elsie-Dee, I have memories of reading these stories. ALL Shiva would say was "I am Shiva -- I am the destroyer!" and start coming after these guys. He almost had this "I can't be beaten the same way twice" thing, but rather than a Doomsday-esque Power, it was really just him learning from his past mistakes, and so you could say his PL was increased with each battle (ie. the reverse of every Spider-Man villain ever). He actually only showed up a few times (pretty much leaving when Silvestri did), so I think he was probably more related to his Image Era creator than anything else, though he was big enough to feature in the Wolverine Cards, as well as Marvel's Series III and the X-Men Series I sets like he was some kind of major entity. They cranked the HELL out of his stats to make him seem ultra-awesome (just like Bishop, Cable & Omega Red, other newbie characters in need Marvel wanted to push), getting a "6" in Strength & Fighting Ability, which is a bit ludicrous (he's not Colossus-strong, nor was he better than say, Black Widow or Iron Fist).

-My old Shiva build was a PL 11 fighter, but that honestly feels way out of tune nowadays- they haven't appeared in YEARS, and were generally minor menaces even then. There was a thing where they "learned" from past losses, so that you couldn't beat one the same way twice... but you could just use a different kind of attack next time and it didn't matter overly much to their stats. Shiva's high strength and varied powers make it exceptionally dangerous, even if it's a bit limited to Tracking & Killing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.