Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Noob Saibot

Post by Jabroniville »

NOOB SAIBOT (Bi-Han)
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat
Total Appearances: MK I (as Sub-Zero I), MK II (as Noob Saibot- Unplayable Secret Kharacter), MK 3-4, MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011, MK 11 (every game MK X)
Role: Secret Kharacter, Mystery Man
PL 10 (170)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 6 (+9)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Assassin) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 7 (+9)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 4 (+16)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Kombat (Shadow Attacks) 2 (+13)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 8 (+14)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"Disabler" Affliktion 6 (Fort; Impaired Moves & Vulnerable/Disabled Moves & Defenseless/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Kondition) (18) -- [24]
  • AE: "Confusing Teleport" Teleport 4 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (13)
  • AE: "Shadow Charge/Blue Fireball" Blast 4 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Unarmed or Fire Damage) (Diminished Range -1) (8)
  • AE: "Shadow Slide" Affliktion 4 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Prone) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Kondition) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
  • AE: "Dark Assassin- Shuriken Strike" Blast 3 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1) (9)
  • AE: "Black Hole" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction, Indirect) (Extras: Attack +0, Ranged) (Diminished Range -1) Linked to Blast 6 (Feats: Indirect) (Flaws: Damage Limited to Distance Fallen) (Dim. Range -1) (13)
  • AE: "Throw" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (5)
"Invisibility" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Flaws: Limited to Darkness) [2]
"Shadowy Ink Form" Insubstantial 1 [5]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Goes Bowling- Gets a Split)
"Animality: Anteater Swallows Enemy Whole"
"Slams Opponent to Death on the Ground"
"Spins in a Tornado Until Bones Come Flying Out"
"Rips Their Torso Off"
"Throws Dozens of Shurikens"
"Make a Wish, aka Goriest ****ing Fatality Ever- He & His Shadow-Clone Grab The Enemy and Pull Them Apart By The Legs"
"Teleports Enemy's Lower Half Off"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Throw +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Disabler +13 (+6 Ranged Affliktion, DC 16)
Shuriken +15 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Blasts +13 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Shadow Slide +13 (+4 Ranged Affliktion, DC 14)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Komplications:
Motivation (Ruling Netherrealm)- Noob Saibot's only goal is the konquering of Netherrealm.
Enemy (Smoke, Sub-Zero)- Noob is controlling the Cyborg Smoke to go after Sub-Zero. Curiously, he never seems to go after his murderer, Scorpion.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 14 (170)

-Noob Saibot is the FIFTH Lin Kuei-dressing character shown, and appeared in Mortal Kombat II as a totally-black silhouette of the typical assassin (in MK 3, they used a Kano sprite because there were no ninjas in the first edition of that game). He shared Smoke's traits in terms of sheer speed (seriously, these guys could clear the screen in less than a second and throw you the other way- they were TOUGH to beat) and copying Scorpion's offense, so I didn't find him terribly original, but he certainly had a cool and unique look. It was later revealed that he was the dead Sub-Zero I, Bi-Han, who was sent through the Netherrealm after being killed by Scorpion, and twisted into a totally-evil Wraith as a result, having lost all of his humanity.

-Of course, the funniest thing about Noob Saibot is his name- Ed Boon & John Tobias basically took their own names and spelled 'em backwards, creating an odd but memorable name. Of course, years later, "Noob" would come to be a common dirty word for "newbie" in gaming communities, making this guy's name even MORE silly. He's also in the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation movie, popping out of Ermac's chest to help him fight Sonya Blade- this was as "WTF?" a moment as Reptile's introduction in the first movie was, but didn't really get explained since he quickly jobbed to Jax while Sonya killed Ermac. -Of course, the funniest thing about Noob Saibot is his name- Ed Boon & John Tobias basically took their own names and spelled 'em backwards, creating an odd but memorable name. Of course, years later, "Noob" would come to be a common dirty word for "newbie" in gaming communities, making this guy's name even MORE silly. He's also in the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation movie, popping out of Ermac's chest to help him fight Sonya Blade- this was as "WTF?" a moment as Reptile's introduction in the first movie was, but didn't really get explained since he quickly jobbed to Jax while Sonya killed Ermac. Noob skips MK X but returns in MK 11, attacking Scorpion & Sub-Zero in the Lin Kuei base at the behest of Kronika, who promises him a whole clan of living shadows like himself. He's just a mook, however, being beaten by the ninjas and then just being a generic guy later on, jobbing to Jax & Jacqui Briggs, then Fujin.

-And let's not forget his "Make a Wish" Fatality- possibly one of the most disgusting things EVER put into a video game. This is gloriously, horrifyingly violent- tearing an enemy in half crotch-first with his Shadow Clone. This is the clip aired on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart that had Jon AND the studio audience screaming in horror at how violent games had gotten. It is BEAUTIFUL.

-Noob was initially just Sub-Zero, and acted more like Scorpion in MK II (but faster, like Smoke- likely pulling off PL 11 status), but by the 3-D games and MK 2011, he'd turned into a weird kind of Blaster-type who could shoot energy; Disable guys' Special Moves & Blocking; send out a Shadow Clone to hit, trip or throw the other guy (oddly-defined attacks rather than a full Summon since it's only for a second- think of it more of a Blast shaped like a guy); Teleport someone into a Black Hole that drops them to the ground; throw Shurikens; Teleport himself; or have his Clone pummel the guy off-screen (Multiattack). That's a REALLY varied, weird moveset.

-Noob's shadow (said by Boon to be the "Saibot" part of his name) could also be portrayed as a Summon 10 (Extras: Active) (Flaws: Instant Duration -2) [10], since it will end on the same turn, getting one attack out. Using him like the game does, it's just a fancy descriptor for Blasts & Affliktions and junk, but in a comic book or RPG, it could conceivably be a full-blown Summon as well (even getting rid of the Action Flaws).

SUB-ZERO I (Bi-Han)
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat
Total Appearances: MK I only (technically)
Role: Starter Hero, Ice Guy
PL 9 (140)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletiks 6 (+9)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Perception 3 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 6 (+8)
Stealth 7 (+12)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (Freeze), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"Half-Outworld Cryomancer Physiology"
"Freeze" Affliktion 6 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile/Paralyzed) (Feats: Can Freeze In Mid-Air, Indirect- From Above) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Kondition) (Flaws: Limited to 1-3 Rounds) (Diminished Range -1) (13) -- [16]
  • AE: "Ice Sculpture" Create 3 (6)
  • AE: "Kori Ice Blade" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
  • AE: "Slide" Speed 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Short Bursts) (1)
Immunity 1 (Cold Environments) [1]

Features 1: Uses New Moves as Finishing Attacks [1]
"Spine Rip- Tears The Head Off, Complete With Spinal Cord Still Attached"

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Freeze +10 (+6 Ranged Affliktion, DC 16)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Komplications:
Enemy (Scorpion)- Scorpion believes that Sub-Zero killed his family, and now hunts him.
Responsibility (Soulless)- Sub-Zero has become increasingly remorseless as the years of constant killing catch up to him.
Involuntary Transformation (Frozen)- If Sub-Zero attempts to Freeze an already-frozen opponent, he will instead suffer it's effects himself.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 11 (142)

-Sub-Zero from the first Mortal Kombat game was tough, but not as tough as his brother- he's also a bit weaker because it was the first MK game, and I figured some guys got tougher as they went through the games.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds (Kung Jin! Raiden! Stryker! Scorpion! Sub-Zero!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:59 pm I just really hope when Jab gets to Quan Chi, he throws out how for his most evil act was that 70+ page 'The Bride vs Michael Myers' topic over at HC.
I was never a part of BattleBoarding, so all I know of that sub-forum was the infamous "Cassandra Cain (vs) 3,000 Orcs" topic.
It was probably worse than that. Here's how the thread went

HJ: Well, I'd have to say the Bride wins. She's so much quicker and would probably cut his head off.

Quan: Nuh uh.

HJ: Yeah, she probably would.

Quan: Myers is an anomaly, he's never had his head cut off.

HJ: He's never fought the Bride

Quan: Concession accepted.

Ares: I'd have to say that looking at it, the Bride would take it more often than not.

Quan: See? Ares agrees with me.

HJ: No he doesn't.

Ares: No I don't.

Quan: Ares agrees with me, it's just his math is off.

HJ: Okay. Whatever.

Quan: Concession accepted.

Ares: You know I'm not agreeing with you right?

Quan: Yes you were.

Ares: ...

HJ: He doesn't agree with you. The Bride would cut his head off.

Quan: Show me in the movies where anyone has cut Myers' head off. I'll even show you footage of Michael being shot at and none of his limbs are blown off!

Xerxes: Hey guys just checking out the thre...WHOA!

Quan: He's speechless at Myers' inability to have his limbs cut or blown off.

Xerxes: They're not being blown off because they're not being hit.

Quan: Much as the Bride won't cut his head off!

HJ: :roll:

Ares: :|

Xerxes: :?

KK: May I?

Everybody but Quan: Have at it.

*KK pops knuckles*
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Scorpion! Sub-Zero! Reptile! Smoke! Noob Saibot!)

Post by Jabroniville »

You’re... you’re not treating KK as if he were some kind of hero, are you? ARE YOU?!?
Jabroniville

Sektor

Post by Jabroniville »

SEKTOR
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat 3
Total Appearances: MK 3, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011 (skipped DA, unlike Cyrax)
Role: Killer Cyborg Ninja
PL 9 (144)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Akrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletiks 5 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Tekhnology 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
"Chest Missile" Blast 5 (Feats: Homing 2, Ricochet 2, Accurate) (15) -- [18]
  • AE: "Flamethrower" Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Line +1/2) (7.5)
  • AE: "Blast Palm" Damage 1 Linked to Affliktion 4 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5)
  • AE: Teleport 4 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (13)
"Cyborg" Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]

"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Tests His Might With a Testing Pole)
"Animality: Bat Decapitates Opponent"
"Compactor Device Crushes Opponent"
"Flamethrower Burns Alive"
"Missiles Blows Them Up"
"One Big Missile Blows Enemy Apart, Four Smaller Ones Target And Explode Severed Pieces"
"Launched Device Tears Enemy Apart"

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Blast Palm +13 (+4 Damage & +5 Affliktion, DC 19 & 15)
Flamethrower +5 Area (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Chest Missile +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Komplications:
Responsibility (Unfeeling Cyborg)- Sektor has lost his humanity as a result of his Cyberization, and unlike Cyrax, never got the "Onccccce a Man" Komplication. He is completely ruthless, and quite arrogant- retaining some emotions- just negative ones.
Enemy (Cyrax)- The two feud when Cyrax rejects his programming.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 12 (144)

-Sektor is basically the Evil Cyborg, retaining his programming & kill-y nature, hunting down Sub-Zero, Smoke and Cyrax altogether. I thought he was much cooler than Cyrax, by virtue of being a gnarly red colour instead of plain ol' yellow. Plus he had a Fatality where he Skooshed a guy and fires Missiles instead of Nets- dude was rad. Sadly, this radness did not extent to the films, where he was absent, and Cyrax & Smoke were used instead- a fate he shares only with Kintaro from the MK I-3 series of games. His character in the games is pretty simple, too- unlike Cyrax, he gets no face-turn, and is really just some generic evil ninja that fights Smoke & Sub-Zero, and is apparently the last Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei before Sub-Zero takes it over. He literally skips EVERY GAME between his debut and MK: Armageddon (the final game in the original series), as the developers just ignored him in favor of Cyrax, too- MUCH disrespect.

-In an odd bit of xeroxing between the two kontinuities, Sektor occupies pretty much the same role in the 2011 series. He's the evil one, chasing after the good guys and finally breaking it off with Cyrax when he reveals free will and morality- Cyrax is eventually restrained and cyber-ized, with Sektor willfully getting the same treatment. He joins up with Shao Kahn's crew, assists in the invasion of Earthrealm, and is finally defeated by Cyber Sub-Zero. He then jobs to many of the other characters (like Nightwolf), disappearing by game's end. Ultimately, he is killed in the MK X comic book series, wiped out by Cyrax's suicide attack. His severed head is kept by a resurrected Sub-Zero, who uses the databanks within to convince Scorpion of his innocence in the deaths of Scorp and his family. Sektor reappears as an NPC in MK 11, via Kronika's time-disruption, and promises to revive the Lin Kuei as cyborgs. He is there for the "Lin Kuei" subplot, and turns out to be the guy who set the fire that destroyed Scorpion's clan. When beaten, he is rebuilt by Kano with a red & white outfit, but later, Kano turns on him that detonates him, destroying the Special Forces base.

-Sektor is more of a Blaster than Cyrax is, and has a neat Blast Palm Stun, too. Both Cyborgs are pretty dangerous fighters, but are mostly PL 8-8.5- I don't imagine either one beating Sub-Zero one-on-one, and they usually fought in teams.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:57 pm You’re... you’re not treating KK as if he were some kind of hero, are you? ARE YOU?!?
maybe not the hero we deserved, but the one needed.
Jabroniville

Cyrax

Post by Jabroniville »

CYRAX (LK-4D4)
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat 3
Total Appearances: MK: Deadly Alliance, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011
Role: Killer Cyborg Ninja
PL 9 (140)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Akrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletiks 5 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+8)
Tekhnology 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
Teleport 4 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (13) -- [18]
  • AE: "Energy Net" Affliktion 6 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile) (Extras: Extra Kondition, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
  • AE: "Detonator" Blast 6 (Feats: Triggered- Time) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Diminished Range -2) (12)
  • AE: "Elite Kicks" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
  • AE: "Buzzsaw" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting 4) (3)
  • AE: "Helicopter" Flight 4 (40 mph) (8)
"Cyborg" Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]

"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Does the Charleston- aka the Greatest Friendship Ever)
"Animality: Shark Eats Opponent"
"Self-Destructs & Also Kills Opponent"
"Puts Bomb Next to Enemy's Head & Blows It Up"
"Helicopters Over & Slices Them Apart"
"Armageddon- Blows Up The World With Bombs"
"Pulls Enemy Into Own Body And Grinds Them to Pieces"
"Slices Enemy to Pieces With Sawblade"
"Energy Net Fires Straight Through Enemy, Cutting Them into Little Squares"

Offense:
Elite Kicks/Buzzsaw +13 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Energy Net +10 (+6 Ranged Affliktion, DC 16)
Detonator +6 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +10

Defenses:

Komplications:
Responsibility (Unfeeling Cyborg)- Cyrax has lost his humanity as a result of his Cyberization. In MK 2011, he says he refuses to give up his free will, however.
Enemy (Sektor)- The two feud when Cyrax rejects his programming.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 12 (140)

-Cyrax and Sektor were created in Mortal Kombat 3 to be the THIRD set of Palette-Swapped Kharacters in the series. Now this idea was beyond silly by this point, but at least they were cool-looking cyborgs and weren't just throwaways. We didn't really need TWO of them though, since they both have pretty much the same concept, never mind that cyborgs were a bit of an odd addition to a more "Kung Fu"-themed game at this point (their black blood was a nice touch, though). Their similarities (and empty personalities) prevented either of them from becoming the "favourite" of fans to a large extent (by spreading their robo-love across two guys instead of one). It didn't help that they added a THIRD design in Smoke in a later game (turning the Palette to purple). I didn't even realize they all looked like Predators until the Mortal Kombat Wiki made the comparison, but I'm not as up on my '80s Action Blow Crap Up Movies as I should be.

-Cyrax appeared in the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation movie, doing his Self-Suicide Fatality thing against Jax, but it didn't work. Cyrax was entertainly-used in a court case involving some boy who killed another kid imitating a Cyrax Fatality, but it turns out Cyrax HAS no "Headlock Them & Stab Them With a Knife" Fatality, and so the Mortal Kombat designers were viewed as not at fault. Cyrax turned good in the original continuity, gaining his humanity back after his programming failed when Shao Kahn died before he could kill the Emperor. He instead teamed up with the Special Forces guys, acting as a scout in Outworld.

-In the New Kontinuity of the 2011 series, Cyrax mostly has the same character arc, trying to kill Sub-Zero and forcibly-cyberize him, but eventually regaining his humanity after discovering how selfish Kahn and Shang Tsung were- he finally turns on Sektor and joins the Earthrealm fighters. He does not appear in Mortal Kombat X, instead dying in a suicide attack to destroy Sektor's base full of cyborgs.

-The Cyborgs are a little bit like regular human beings in the Mortal Kombat games- if a Comic-verse, they'd probably be much stronger (in the game, they're no stronger than any normal human) and have full Fortitude Immunity.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Cyrax

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:27 pm Image

CYRAX (LK-4D4)

-The Cyborgs are a little bit like regular human beings in the Mortal Kombat games- if a Comic-verse, they'd probably be much stronger (in the game, they're no stronger than any normal human) and have full Fortitude Immunity.
I didn't get how the Cyborgs got all cyberized and their strength stayed pretty much the same when in practically every other universe where that happens all cyborgs are super strong. I plan doing "comic" versions in addition to the fighting game versions of characters I've already done and Sektor, Cyrax and other genre cyborgs like Fulgore are going to have those upgrades done.

And I'm a Sub-Zero over Scorpion guy. I'm probably in the minority but I always saw him as the true main character of the series, I guess because he got his own game, even if it kinda sucked.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Gamegrumps once talked about how "Cyrax" just sounds cool. It's just got all the sounds that make an awesome name.

I also liked how the Earth Defense Force at one point included Sonya, Jax, Cage, Cyrax and Kenshi, in kind of a cool little team.

As for why make them cyborgs, I assume it was because they get things like built-in weapons, some armor, limitless stamina, no need for food or air, and most of all, 100% obedience to the Lin Kuei Grandmasters. My guess is that they don't have super strength is because they still have to function as ninjas. So their systems give them great, if human, strength and toughness, while still having exceptional speed, agility and stealth.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Ermac

Post by Jabroniville »

ERMAC
First Appearance:
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Total Appearances: UMK 3, MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011, MK X
Role: Yet Another Freaking Lin Kuei Outfit
PL 8 (152)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 4 (+7)
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 6 (+8)
Ranged Kombat (TK Attacks) 2 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (TK Attacks), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
"Telekinesis" Move Object 7 (14) -- [19]
  • AE: "Teleport Punch" Teleport 4 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (13)
  • AE: "Hado Energy" Blast 4 (Feats: Homing 2, Indirect) (11)
  • AE: "Mystic Float" Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Fades) (2)
  • AE: "Mystic Bomb" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Flaws: Limited to While in Mystic Float) (6)
  • AE: Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3) (6)
"Made Up Of Lots of Lost Souls"
Quickness 4 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Tasks) [2]
Immunity 5 (Teamwork/Aid Another Actions) [5]
Enhanced Advantages 1: Uncanny Dodge [1]

"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Transforms Enemy Into a Rabbit)
"Friendship!!" (P.C.-In-A-Box)
"Animality: Frog Swallows Enemy Whole"
"TK Slams Them Till They Explode"
"Uppercut Blows Them Up"
"Decapitating Uppercut"
"Telekinetically Tears Them In Half"
"Telekinetically Tears Off Arms & Legs, Then Slams Them Headfirst Into the Ground"
"Shrinks Enemy, Then Stomps At Them"

Offense:
Hado Energy +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Mystic Blomb +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +10

Defenses:

Komplications:
Motivation (Saving Souls)- Ermac was once controlled by Shao Kahn and did many evil acts. Having been freed, he now seeks to atone. (Original Kontinuity Only)
Weakness (Netherrealm)- Netherrealm weakens Ermac and his souls unless he has access to the Soul Stone.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 13 (152)

Error Macros:
-Ermac was very much the breaking point of "WTF, ANOTHER Ninja!?!" for Mortal Kombat fans. After the disappointment of MK 3 (when people realized the MK games actually weren't even close to the Street Fighter games on a gameplay level), the "re-mix" of Ultimate MK 3, with the inclusion of a RED Lin Kuei Warrior alongside the returning Scorpion & Reptile, was just way too much. It caused alot of the fanbase to reject the game and its goofiness outright, and the series soon fell into its dark age, missing out on the "Next Generation" of hardware wars as a major cultural force like it used to be.

-Ermac was named after a rumored secret character in the FIRST Mortal Kombat game once fans read a code on the Arcade machines, though it was actually all a big misunderstanding- the "Ermac" fans were reading on the code was actually short for "Error Macros" set up to catch errors in the coding, which would appear in the set-ups of various MK arcade machines. The rumors were on a level similar to "Shen Long" being available in Super Street Fighter II, complete with faked hoax screenshots from Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine, etc. People harassed Boon & Tobias about this so much that they denied he existed in MK II ("CEAMR ODSE NTO EXITS")... until they finally stuck the name onto a guy for a later edition of MK 3.

-Ermac's identity is that he's not a Lin Kuei at all (even though he DRESSES LIKE ONE), and is actually one of Shao Kahn's deadliest warriors. He trained later character Shujinko, but never factored into the overall story that much. He was freed from Shao Kahn's control in MK: Deadly Alliance by Kenshi, and repaid the blind swordsman by teaching him his "Telekinetic Slam" power. Seeking to atone for his crimes, Ermac allied with Liu Kang and his friends, helping defeat Onaga the Dragon King. He joined the Forces of Light in the final game in the series, MK: Armageddon, but was replaced off-screen by Shang Tsung and is shown to have died.

New Kontinuity:
-Though he wasn't well received (he was the SIXTH guy in that same outfit), and he got easily dispatched in the movie MK: Annihilation (despite lasting till the end), Ermac was still an "Original Trilogy" guy and was thus used for the 2011 reboot. Here, he is a throwaway "creation of Shao Kahn", but is handily defeated by pretty much EVERYBODY, being about the lowest-tier Heel on the roster of bad guys- however, he is shown telekinetically ripping off the arms of Jax, leading to his "Cyber-Arms" phase. Ermac is shown to be the amalgamation of various souls that Kahn has dispatched. In MK X, he's shown as one of Mileena's goons, but betrays her when Reptile reveals that she's not the biological daughter of Shao Kahn, as she'd claimed. Ermac & Erron Black are now Kotal Kahn's goons. Nowadays, it's hard to see his Lin Kuei origins (it never really made sense WHY he looked like those other guys, since he wasn't a Lin Kuei) because he's more of a "Generic Black & Red Guy".

Ermac's Stats:
-Ermac himself is the fusion of numerous souls who perished in Outworld's various wars, combined to serve Shao Kahn (well at least give him credit for recycling). He's a lower-end Ninja than the others, being a more minor, forgettable character- his Telekinetic Powers are unique, and form the crux of his offense, allowing him to Blast, Move across Dimensions, Teleport and move stuff.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Looking at these guys, I really have to say “simpler is better” for the Lin Kuei. The “v-top” look with the quilted stitching for detail actually looks way cooler to me than the ludicrously excessive “nine-hundred extra bits” look that every modern video game character seems to have. Simpler is ALWAYS better.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There was a bit of a nice reveal with Ermac, in that while he was the souls of thousands of Edeanians, the primary guiding consciousness was Kitana's father.

There was also a nifty bit where Ermac had to fight several possessed Earthrealm heroes while Lui Kang's ghost would free them. Ermac had to fight basically a half-dozen heroes at once and held them off successfully. The idea was that since Ermac has thousands of souls in him, he can easily split his attention six ways and fight a group as effectively as he would a single person.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ermac = Fezzik? Interesting. Hard to configure that in stats, though- maybe Uncanny Dodge Plus something?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 am Ermac = Fezzik? Interesting. Hard to configure that in stats, though- maybe Uncanny Dodge Plus something?
Something like that. It was kind of neat, actually. All of the other spirits in him don't give him an advantage against a single person, but they deny groups of people any advantage against him. Maybe Uncanny Dodge and an Immunity to Aid/Team Attack options so that people can't really get any benefits for attacking him together.

Jabroniville

Re: Cyrax

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:50 am I didn't get how the Cyborgs got all cyberized and their strength stayed pretty much the same when in practically every other universe where that happens all cyborgs are super strong. I plan doing "comic" versions in addition to the fighting game versions of characters I've already done and Sektor, Cyrax and other genre cyborgs like Fulgore are going to have those upgrades done.

And I'm a Sub-Zero over Scorpion guy. I'm probably in the minority but I always saw him as the true main character of the series, I guess because he got his own game, even if it kinda sucked.
Yeah, it's really kinda weird, but... Mortal Kombat kind of had everyone around the same strength-level. Even SHEEVA wasn't that strong compared to other characters.

I guess they spent all their money on Heat-Seeking Missiles, Laser Sighting and a Trash Compactor, and that left no room for bionic super-strength :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:43 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 am Ermac = Fezzik? Interesting. Hard to configure that in stats, though- maybe Uncanny Dodge Plus something?
Something like that. It was kind of neat, actually. All of the other spirits in him don't give him an advantage against a single person, but they deny groups of people any advantage against him. Maybe Uncanny Dodge and an Immunity to Aid/Team Attack options so that people can't really get any benefits for attacking him together.
Hm, not bad. Here's what I went with:

"Made Up Of Lots of Lost Souls"
Quickness 4 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Tasks) [2]
Immunity 5 (Teamwork/Aid Another Actions) [5]
Enhanced Advantages 1: Uncanny Dodge [1]