Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab’s Builds (Tremor! Johnny Cage! Sonya Blade! Jax! Kano!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:40 am Man, these games have produced some TRULY dreadful and forgettable characters- I mean, broken record time, but it's like EVERYONE after MK 3 was a total wreck. Full points to MK X for attempting to remake Bo' Rai Cho, Kenshi and Shinnok, however. But man, it makes it tricky to decide when to post these characters- the closeness of Sonya, Kano & Jax in the canon necessitates posting them close together... but that leaves the drek like Jarek, Hsu Hao & Mavado all to be posted at once. Hence sticking some of them out as quickly as possible while letting a "3/day" rate sit on the others.

If anyone finds I'm posting too quickly, just let me know- though nobody's EVER actually fully said that out loud, so I presume people enjoy this level of spamming :).
Considering that most of those characters barely deserve a sheet you're going above and beyond.
Hey EVERYBODY deserves a stat sheet, mister! That’s been me and Jab’s driving motivation since 2006! If Hank Pym gets statted multiple times over the years, by Odin, let Bo Rai Cho have his moment in the sun!!!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Kitana

Post by Jabroniville »

KITANA
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat II
Total Appearances: MK II, MK 3 (Later Versions Only), MK 4 (N64/PC with Cheat Device, Dreamcast), MK: Deadly Alliance, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011-11, MK vs. DC Universe (all but MK I & Deception)
Role: The Evil Overlord's Good Daughter, The Good Princess, Fan Chick, Ninja Lady
PL 9 (160)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Akrobatics 9 (+16)
Athletiks 5 (+7)
Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attraktive)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Edenian Royalty) 5 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 2 (+16)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+6, +8 Attraktive)
Ranged Kombat (Fans) 4 (+14)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Attraktive, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (Fans) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
"Elite Fans" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Kitana 2) [8]
"Fan Throw" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Ricochet) (Extras: Ranged 4) (7) -- (9 points)
  • AE: "Fan Lift" Affliktion 4 (Athletics; Impaired & Vulnerable/Disabled Attack & Defenseless) (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Extra Kondition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7)
  • AE: "Fan Swipe" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (3)
"Pixie Dust Teleport" Teleport 3 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (10) -- [11]
  • AE: "Square Wave Punch" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
"Edenian Physiology" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Birthday Cake)
"Friendship!!" (Blows Bubbles)
"Animality: Bunny Mauls The Enemy Off-Screen"
"Kiss of Death- They Blow Up Like a Balloon & Explode"
"Decapitate With Fan"
"Tearing Body in Half With Her Thighs"
"Tearing Body in Half With Her Hands"
"Impale Torso With Fans"
"Slices Arms Off, Then Top of Head"
"Stabs Body & Head With Fans, Then Opens Them Both, Slicing Body Apart"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fans +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Fan Lift +14 (+4 Affliktion, DC 14)
Fan Throw +14 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8

Komplications:
Motivation (Saving Outworld & Stopping Shao Kahn)- Kitana is the Stepdaughter of Shao Kahn, and seeks to end his threat to her realm once and for all.
Relationship (Sindel)- Sindel was once a loving Queen and mother.
Enemy (Mileena)- Shao Kahn sends a near-clone of Kitana after his Stepdaughter. Mileena looks like Kitana except for a nasty mouth, and she's totally evil.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 15 (160)

-ohhhhh HELLS YEAH to that kostume- there's one thing you gotta give Mortal Kombat credit for- they know that when you absolve yourself to being a hardcore fighting game for dudes and dudes exclusively, you can go balls-out with the fanservice. My friend tells me that he, his co-workers and their wives played MK (2011) for a week or two, and the girls actually got a laugh out of all the slinky, nearly-nude abominations to the eyes of Gloria Steinem. I'd imagine it's the same reaction us dudes have when we see the Fabio pictures on the covers of romance novels- I think it's more silly than degrading and/or harmful to anyone. And DAMN is that outfit awesome- she's not as skanky as Mileena, yet still looks dangerous thanks to the weapons and little mask.

-Kitana was primarily the "Main Heroine" of MK II, as the series added a "Female Ninja" design to counter the Male Ninjas seen so far- she had a palette swap in Mileena, and even a green-colored Secret Kharacter in Jade. Her link to Shao Kahn (she believed that she was his daughter, but soon learned the truth and plotted a rebellion against him) made her a very important character, and this was reflected in the film, where the beautiful Talisa Soto (who looks Asian, but was actually of Puerto Rican stock) portrayed her as an aloof, "Mysterious Oriental" stereotype that tells riddles, but is an unknownable assistant to Liu Kang, whom she later befriends.

-She was a bit notorious in early MK II renditions, as her "Fan Lift" combo was an unblockable threat- the designers had to reduce its power later, lest she trap opponents in a permanent combo. Even now, her "Fan Lift" is the ultimate combo ender, typically used for "one last hit", which may also leave the opponent prone.

Original Kontinuity:
-Kitana was the daughter of King Jerrod and Queen Sindel, but Shao Kahn murdered her father and married her mother, then tricked Kitana into thinking that HE was her birth father. Kitana was a loyal assassin, but eventually learned the truth, joining Earth's heroes after killing her "sister", the clone Mileena. She reappears in MK 3 in a sexier, skin-baring outfit (now showing cleavage in addition to thighs and shoulders), but still must deal with a resurrected Mileena.

-She eventually becomes Queen of Outworld, deposing Shao Kahn, but must rule alone when Liu Kang rejects her offer to rule as her King Consort. She allies with the Shokan and Centaur peoples, but must still fight a returning Kahn, the new god Shinnok, and others. She is slain by Onaga during MK: Deadly Alliance, resurrected as one of his minions, while Jade fights in her stead in MK: Deception. She is finally resurrected for MK: Armageddon, the final game in the series.

New Kontinuity:
-Kitana has a similar origin in MK's 2011 reboot, being of of Kahn's assassins. However, she is defeated by Liu Kang in the first tournament, and is impressed (ie. wants to bone him) when he spares her life and refuses to take it after beating her. Sensing that she is in conflict with herself, Raiden gets her to not kill Smoke and Johnny Cage after defeating them in the second tournament, and she flees Outworld. Her friend and bodyguard Jade attempts to get her to turn back, but she is disgusted by the discovery of her "sister", the clone Mileena. When she confronts Shao Kahn over this (and the defeated Shang Tsung, whom she also beat up), he instead reveals her whole backstory- that he killed her father and raised her as his own, and tries to have her executed. Liu Kang manages to free her right before Kung Lao is executed by Kahn, and both Kitana & Jade join forces with the Earthrealm fighters.

-During the invasion of Earth, she is confronted by her resurrected mother, who kills many of her new allies and mortally wounds Kitana before dying fighting Nightwolf- Kitana dies holding Liu Kang's hand, wishing they could have met under different circumstances. This sets Liu Kang off in rebellion against Raiden, who failed to prevent this. The evil Quan Chi then resurrects her and all the other dead fighters as his own revenant army- a position they still hold as of Mortal Kombat X. Loyal to Quan Chi, she seems to even ENJOY being a revenant, stating that in this form, she is finally no longer a victim. In the end of the story mode, she becomes Empress of Netherrealm, ruling alongside Liu Kang at last.

-So generally, her MK Reboot story is one of loss and non-stop failure- kind of a downer, all things considered. She's more or less been replaced as "Main Girl" by Sonya at this point, and Cassie after that. Kitana, further corrupted as a Revenant, attempts to invade Earthrealm in MK 11, allying with Kronika as she does so. However, a younger Kitana soon arrives thanks to Kronika's time-quake- she & Jade both ally with Kotal Kahn against a returned Shao Kahn. She defeats Skarlet on a rescue mission to save the Tarkatans (so that they can ally with Sheeva against Shao Kahn), then defeats Baraka to ensure their loyalty. Then, shockingly, Kitana defeats her stepfather in a huge battle, blinding the former Emperor! With Kotal being crippled beforehand by the villain, he announces that Kitana should be Empress of Outworld. As Kitana Kahn, she unites Outworld against Kronika. Meanwhile, an enhanced Liu Kang kills the Revenants of Kitana and others, then Kronika- the two decided to make a new world by returning to the dawn of time (??), but she reappears in the Aftermath DLC. Here, she is shattered to learn that Sindel had NEVER been corrupted by Shao Kahn- she was always evil, and had murdered Kitana's father, King Jerrod. Sindel defeats her in battle and convinces the Outworlders that KITANA was the traitor, and is captured.

Kitana's Stats:
-Kitana is one of the best fighters in the MK-verse, focused around speed and accuracy even more than most others. Unlike most MK people, she's equally deadly at range and up close. Gotta love that Friendship- only in Mortal Kombat could an elite ninja warrioress's special moves include baking :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Cage! Sonya Blade! Jax! Kano! Cassie Cage! Jacqui!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'm also of the firm belief that even jobbers should get builds, unless there's just not enough info/material to work with or their powers are stupidly vague/unexplained.
Jabroniville

Mileena

Post by Jabroniville »

MILEENA
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat II
Total Appearances: MK II, MK 3 (Later Versions Only), MK: Deception, MK: Armageddon, MK 2011-11 (misses early MK 3 & Deadly Alliance)
Role: The Greatest Example of a "Butterface" In Recorded History, Miss Fanservice, Sai Chick, Ninja Lady
PL 9 (154)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Akrobatics 9 (+16)
Athletiks 5 (+7)
Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attraktive)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 2 (+16)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 1 (+5, +7 Attraktive)
Ranged Kombat (Sais) 4 (+14)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+11)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Attraktive, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed), Improved Kritical (Sais) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Powers:
"Tarkatan Senses" Senses 1 (Acute Scent) [1]
Features 1: May Regrow Limbs Or Reattach Severings [1]

"Sai" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [5]
"Soaring Sai" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Ranged 4) (6) -- (7 points)
  • AE: "Sai Stab" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (2)
"Kick From Above" Teleport 3 (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity) (Extras: Easy) (11) -- [12]
  • AE: "Leaping Neckbite" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (6)
Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Plants a Seed & It Grows)
"Friendship!!" ("Crispy"- Her Revealed Face Shatters a Mirror)
"Animality: Skunk Sprays Enemy To Death"
"Stabs Enemy to Death"
"Literally Inhales Opponent, Then Spits Bones Onto The Ground"
"Eats a Bottle Full of Nails, Then Sprays Them At Enemy"
"Repeated Sai Tosses"
"Tears Head Off With Her Teeth"
"Tears Head Off, Then Freaking CHEWS On It"
"Nails Them To the Floor With Her Sais, Then Tears Their Body Off"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sais +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sai Toss +14 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +15

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8

Komplications:
Enemy (Kitana)- Shao Kahn sends a near-clone of Kitana after his Stepdaughter. Mileena hates Kitana more than anything, and wants to rule as Princess in her stead.
Power Loss (Attraktive)- Mileena will lose her Attraktive to anyone other than Baraka and his Tarkatan race should she lose the veil covering her pointy-toothed mouth.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 15 (154)

Mileena- Crazy Miss Fanservice:
-Mileena is a Palette Swap Ninja Chick with Kitana, and is an actual clone forged by Shang Tsung's magic in order to hunt down Kitana. Mileena is most-known for being the official Miss Fanservice of a series already featuring cleavage heavily, as well as having a Baraka-style face with that hot body, thus creeping out everyone. Mileena shows up in just as much stuff as Kitana, despite her lesser storyline role (She really only exists to hunt one character)- mostly due to the role I mentioned previously- she got a lot of Video Game Magazine covers around the 2000s. She even gets FOUR Kostumes in MK 2011- the final one of which is the skimpiest MK outfit EVER- basically a collection of bandages more than a clothing choice. She makes Image Comics' stuff look positively tame. Her role in MK: Annihilation was hilariously minor- she showed up out of NOWHERE, challenged Sonya Blade (who mistakes her for Kitana- "you WISH!"), then got killed, causing her dragon tattoo to come alive for a second (connecting her to Raiden & Cyrax somehow).

-And like Jax, she was ELITE AS HELL in her Mortal Kombat II debut- she was by FAR the easiest character to be cheap with (and the MK series allowed for a GREAT deal of cheapness- they didn't fiddle with the mechanics as much as Capcom did, and really didn't balance it nearly to Street Fighter II's extent). She could use her "Kick From Above" move endlessly, and the Computer A.I. would often just let you do that, whittling down their health while they blocked. My friend handily finished the game (which is NOT EASY- Kintaro & Kahn are SNK Bosses in every sense of the term) using Mileena just by Kicking Kahn to death.

Original Kontinuity:
-Mileena was created by Shang Tsung as a clone of Kitana, in case she turned on Shao Kahn. Spying on Kitana, Mileena discovered her sister was doing just that, and attacked- Kitana was able to kill her. Mileena misses MK 3 at first, along with the other Lady Ninjas, but returns in the final incarnations (like MK Trilogy)- she is resurrected by Shinnok as a spy, then sent back to Netherrealm after Shao Kahn is defeated. She is later imprisoned in Edenia during MK Gold, but is broken out by Onaga, the Dragon King, after missing out on Deadly Alliance. After this, she's just a goon, though frequently disguises herself as Kitana.

New Kontinuity:
-Mileena is very much the same kind of character- a clone of Kitana created by Shang Tsung, who is adversarial to her "sister". However, the first game turns her into the most over the top fanservice character in history, playing up the contrast between her scary-ass face and her going "OOOOOH-ooh-OOOOOHHH!" while swinging her hips around like a stripper. Kitana is thought dead, and Mileena ends up as one of Shao Kahn's lieutenants, as his "true daughter". She ends up a bit of a jobber, losing to Stryker and Kabal separately.

-Despite this minor role, she ends up in a big part of Mortal Kombat X, becoming the Empress of Outworld, as the dead Kahn's adopted daughter. She becomes a true "Mad Empress", driving Outworld into disaster- she's just as evil as Kahn, but at least he's an ORDERLY ruler- Mileena is basically Chaotic, uncontrollable Evil. She is ultimately deposed by Kotal Kahn in a coup d'etat, and joins up with Reiko, Tanya & Rain as an "outsider" group in Outworld, clashing with the others. She is Reiko's lover, but he turns out to be using her. She attacks Kotal's group in the modern game, but is defeated, then executed in horrific manner, eaten alive by D'Vorah's insects. Mileena is simply DLC in MK 11, despite being dead in-kontinuity.

Mileena's Stats:
-Mileena is basically a Klone of Kitana in most ways, but has slightly different Mental Abilities and Special Moves. Both girls utilize Tripping moves and wrestling holds like German Suplexes and Frankensteiners and stuff, and are generally the Fast Brawler type. She's faster (her Teleport move is NASTY), but has lost to Kitana in nearly every game in the series, and is an utter jobber in the story mode of the 2011 game.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

kirinke wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:23 pm Lol. You're just enthusastic. I tend to one or two new builds a week, though sometimes I get crazy. Everyone has their own pace really.
Heh- sometimes I find the sea of horrible characters a slog for some things and just want to spam them out because I know they're terrible; it even took me about a week to get REALLY into doing the Mortal Kombat build again :).

The worst aspect of this set ended up being the fact that somebody wrote up EVERYTHING from the Comic Book Series that takes place between the 2011 reboot at Mortal Kombat X. Like, EVERYTHING. Jacqui ended up having page after page after page that was literally just a description of everything she did in that book, whether or not it mattered to the plot. Like saying what they did at some club, or incremental decisions made elsewhere. It was a huge lot of nothing.

Fun Fact: Triborg was the first newbie I statted, and then I did builds for Jacqui Briggs & Ferra/Torr. In fact, I did those in JULY- about 4-5 months ago. Why? Because I was trying to figure out which set of Fighting Game Builds I wanted to do next, and so I was building one or two characters from every game in my To-Do List to see where motivation struck me. And yes, I was doing this alongside my Disney Builds and the Cage/Fist builds- those being re-posts made the time a lot easier to find :).

So I statted all three characters, and found the first two to be Generation Xerox and utterly boring, so I wasn't really into it. Finding out that the one Killer Instinct chick I built (the Japanese Revenant) was one of like, TWELVE new characters completely killed me on motivation to do that set. Ballz has very simple characters, but really TOO simple. Brutal: Paws of Fury hit that sweet spot, being semi-unique while relatively-simple, which is why that ended up being the next thing posted.

MANY MANY MONTHS LATER, we ended up here, with Mortal Kombat handily winning a poll to see what I should do next. So those ancient-ass July builds actually ended up being useful, finally :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:12 am
Hey EVERYBODY deserves a stat sheet, mister! That’s been me and Jab’s driving motivation since 2006! If Hank Pym gets statted multiple times over the years, by Odin, let Bo Rai Cho have his moment in the sun!!!
hah- I think our threads sit as beacons for hopeless characters :).
KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 am I'm also of the firm belief that even jobbers should get builds, unless there's just not enough info/material to work with or their powers are stupidly vague/unexplained.
Yeah, you have to be pretty bad before even *I* won't stat you. Though I'm way less into posting "Blind Builds" these days- Powerhouse literally only got a build this time because I realized I'd done one in the past. I was all ready to post his bio without any statline at all :).
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jax! Kano! Cassie Cage! Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh my God, you GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

This has been a good couple of days on DeviantArt :).

And I'm totes using that Shego drawing for my upcoming Kim Possible builds.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 am Oh my God, you GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

This has been a good couple of days on DeviantArt :).

And I'm totes using that Shego drawing for my upcoming Kim Possible builds.
This makes me really want a disney princess fighting game. Like, imagine it. You got your elsa's tries to smash everyone with a giant ice hammer while Jasmine spin kicks you into her tiger while Ariel calls up a tsunami to throw a ship at Repunzel who uses her hair whip to cut it in half.
Shock

Post by Shock »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:38 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 am Oh my God, you GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

This makes me really want a disney princess fighting game. Like, imagine it. You got your elsa's tries to smash everyone with a giant ice hammer while Jasmine spin kicks you into her tiger while Ariel calls up a tsunami to throw a ship at Repunzel who uses her hair whip to cut it in half.
I probably wouldn't play it but I am quite curious what it would take to get one made. My guess is it would never happen. The Venn diagram of fighting game fans and Disney princess fans has to be awfully close to separate circles
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry, can't see the circles past the horde of vicious Disney legal wolves. Why is it always the wolves?

But yes, gorgeous picture! Any thoughts on how they balanced the teams? The one to the right has an extra, or two depending on how you count them, members over the one to the left.

I'm going to have fun thinking of special attacks for the characters. Colors of the wind-aduken!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

On a similar note, Them's Fightin' Herds was originally going to be a My Little Pony fighting game until Hasbro legal bots got to the developers with a cease and desist.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:49 pm On a similar note, Them's Fightin' Herds was originally going to be a My Little Pony fighting game until Hasbro legal bots got to the developers with a cease and desist.
There's also MLP Fighting is Magic which was a fan game near the end of it's completion phase and about to move onto beta when Hasbro killed it. IIRC some of the developers for it moved into the Skullgirls development team. Something I whole heartedly believe is true since the Skullgirls team has already been known to recruit fanartists who drew porn of their characters before their game was even fully released.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

MLP Fighting is Magic was turned into Them's Fightin' Herd, allowing the developers to keep some of the work that they had done so far.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:02 pm MLP Fighting is Magic was turned into Them's Fightin' Herd, allowing the developers to keep some of the work that they had done so far.
it's actually how they wound up getting character designs by Lauren Faust herself
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 am
kirinke wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:23 pm Lol. You're just enthusastic. I tend to one or two new builds a week, though sometimes I get crazy. Everyone has their own pace really.
Heh- sometimes I find the sea of horrible characters a slog for some things and just want to spam them out because I know they're terrible; it even took me about a week to get REALLY into doing the Mortal Kombat build again :).

The worst aspect of this set ended up being the fact that somebody wrote up EVERYTHING from the Comic Book Series that takes place between the 2011 reboot at Mortal Kombat X. Like, EVERYTHING. Jacqui ended up having page after page after page that was literally just a description of everything she did in that book, whether or not it mattered to the plot. Like saying what they did at some club, or incremental decisions made elsewhere. It was a huge lot of nothing.

Fun Fact: Triborg was the first newbie I statted, and then I did builds for Jacqui Briggs & Ferra/Torr. In fact, I did those in JULY- about 4-5 months ago. Why? Because I was trying to figure out which set of Fighting Game Builds I wanted to do next, and so I was building one or two characters from every game in my To-Do List to see where motivation struck me. And yes, I was doing this alongside my Disney Builds and the Cage/Fist builds- those being re-posts made the time a lot easier to find :).

So I statted all three characters, and found the first two to be Generation Xerox and utterly boring, so I wasn't really into it. Finding out that the one Killer Instinct chick I built (the Japanese Revenant) was one of like, TWELVE new characters completely killed me on motivation to do that set. Ballz has very simple characters, but really TOO simple. Brutal: Paws of Fury hit that sweet spot, being semi-unique while relatively-simple, which is why that ended up being the next thing posted.

MANY MANY MONTHS LATER, we ended up here, with Mortal Kombat handily winning a poll to see what I should do next. So those ancient-ass July builds actually ended up being useful, finally :).
Funny thing about this is, I think that the new Killer Instinct might have better newbies than MKX. (I do hope to see those KI builds eventually..even if I'm the only person interested) Like, a Ghost Girl, a Mummy Sorcerer (okay, that one might quite a bit of a rip-off of Imhotep from The Mummy, but he's still cool), and a Guardian Golem, among others? Those are pretty different, at least by FIghting Game standards Though there are a few "clone" characters, those ones were added towards the end as bonus characters, like Shin Hisako (basically, Hisako, having become a benevolent spirit with a different weapon), Kilgore (an older model cyborg that was replaced by Fulgore due to having troubles overheating, and has twin gatling arms instead of blades), and even Eagle, Thunder's long-missing brother, gets to appear! Even the lazily-seeming Shadow Jago did get tweaks to his moveset, and was revealed to be the dark spirit Omen who had possessed Jago, and later got his own design and character slot. The guest characters are a little bizarre, though. Having Rash from Battletoads makes sense because KI was a Rare series originally, but having not one, but TWO villains from Microsoft FPSes? (The Arbiter from Halo and General RAAM from Gears of War) I guess MS really doesn't have that many characters to work with..