Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds (Tobias Whale! Silent Knight! Killer Moth! Martial Champion!)

Post by drkrash »

I'd love to see Power Instinct (didn't you do that one once?), but I can't imagine Rise of the Robots would be as interesting.

I only own one of the Power Instinct games. It happened to be the 1st import fighting game I ever saw in a store and that started my expensive hobby of importing fighting games I'd never get to see otherwise.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Hoi

Post by Jabroniville »

HOI
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: China
Role: Generic Martial Artist
Vague Martial Art Basis: Kung Fu
PL 7 (92)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranaged Combat (Makuken) 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Improved Critical (Makuken), Improved Critical (Sho En Kyaku), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Scimitar), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Makuken!" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3) -- [4]
  • AE: "Sho En Kyaku" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Makuken +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Searching For Followers)- In his ending, Hoi is disappointed to find that none of those he's faced are worthy to follow him, and he returns home.
Weakness (Predictability)- Hoi cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 8 + 10 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 10 (92)

-Hoi is the kind of guy you saw a lot of in the early days of Fighting Games, much like "Army Guy"- the "Chinese Martial Artist" wearing traditional clothes. Thinking outside the box is HARD, you see. The big yellow puffy top clashes BADLY with the puffy purple pants, though- those colors are opposites on the Color Wheel, so tend to oppose each other pretty strongly. The hat and the cheesy little beard don't help the overall look- he seems more silly and weak-looking than what you should have in a FIGHTING GAME. Interestingly, his ending has him fly back home on a little cloud, implying that Hoi may be Son Wukong- The Monkey King.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:49 am I'd love to see Power Instinct (didn't you do that one once?), but I can't imagine Rise of the Robots would be as interesting.

I only own one of the Power Instinct games. It happened to be the 1st import fighting game I ever saw in a store and that started my expensive hobby of importing fighting games I'd never get to see otherwise.
I thought I was building Power Instinct once, but it turned out I got it mixed up with Aggressors of Dark Kombat, and ended up starting that one up instead :).
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I would definitely like to see Power Instinct at some point, too.
Rise of the Robots is weird in that it only had 7 characters in the first game, and all but the main character, Cyborg, were only usable in multiplayer. But then when the sequel rolled around, the cast more than doubled...mostly because each robot, in addition to the newcomers, were given counterparts that are remodeled variants.

And I'm definitely willing to help with the moves if necessary.
Jabroniville

Chaos

Post by Jabroniville »

CHAOS (aka Titi)
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: Hong Kong
Role: The Weird Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: N/A
PL 7 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Equipment (Hand Claws +1), Improved Critical (Multiattack), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Scimitar), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Multiattack" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting) & Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5) -- [6]
AE: "Chameleon Attack" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Line +1/2) (Reduced Defenses 1) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Hand Claws +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Grab +10 (+3 Damage & Affliction, DC 18 & 13)
Chameleon Attack +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Guilt)- Chaos feels guilt over using his powers to hurt a man in his ending- he would be much happier being a simple gardener, or using his powers to save the world.
Weakness (Predictability)- Chaos cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 + 10 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 9 (89)

-Chaos is really something that should be taught in a master class on Character Design. Because if you hadn't noticed, he's got a odd-colored skin tone, clawed hands, Chinese clothing, and he hops about in the stage. Yes, he is a Jianshi, or Chinese Hopping Vampire- the SAME CREATURE as Hsein-Ko from 1995's DarkStalkers sequel! And compare how weird, cool and unique that character looks (bloobs, GIGANTIC hand-claws, sexy design) to this weird, stiff character. Amazing what a better creative team can do with the same source material.

-Chaos is really stiff and ungainly in the game, being unnaturally stock-still. His distinctive kicks annoy me in that primal "people who smack their lips need to be punched" kind of way, where I'm just like "AGH stop it stop it CUT IT OUT!!!". It's just SO SILLY- he just hops up and sticks his legs out in a completely straight line that's SO awkward. This stiffness is echoed in his Special Grab Move, where he snatches a guy and then teeters back and forth while dunking the victim repeatedly in a circular motion.

-Chaos was named "Titi" in the American version, because the female character of that name would elicit giggles at the similar-sounding "Titty". Because of the realities of converting games overseas at the time (they had to use the same sound effects, voices and even the text for the names), they had to swap. Humorously, he's all guilt-ridden by the way he's had to hurt people in his ending... and the final image shows him working as a GARDENER, using his hands that way.

-Chaos is another quick fighter, but uses a Multiattack (both his grab and a stab attack work kind of like this, but only the later is a Special Move) and a "Chameleon Attack", extending out a long, flaming tongue that burns the enemy. It works pretty much like an Area Attack, so that's how I'm using it. Oddly, his lil' hand claws look like tiny forks while he's using them, but as soon as an enemy picks them up, they become these horrifying, straight rake-like objects.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, it's weird and unnatural, though the stiffness does fit a jiangshi- From what I recall, they're in a semi-state of rigor mortis and that is why they have to hop about in that odd pose.
I also just found official artwork for the characters..but only half the cast plus the boss, Salamander, sadly.

Also, looking at some translations, I found that Goldor's name might actually be supposed to be Gordeaux, but well, foreign names never translate well.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

WOW- there's a surprise. Checking out villains for my Titans build set, I realized that I've NEVER DONE 3E BUILDS for the Fearsome Five OR the Brotherhood of Evil. I assumed I'd done both teams before!
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Tragically I remember this game, mostly because of Chaos, and it sucked so badbly back in the day.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Titi

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

TITI (aka Chaos)
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: Egypt
Role: Miss Fanservice
Vague Martial Art Basis: Pro Wrestling
PL 7 (98)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Deception 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Nile Star) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Benefit 3 (Wealth), Close Attack, Improved Critical (Nile Star), Improved Critical (Double Cross), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Nile Star" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3) -- [4]
  • AE: "Double Cross- Diving Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Double Cross +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Nile Star +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Wealth)- Titi declares her martial arts trophy "junk", preferring the diamonds she already has.
Weakness (Predictability)- Titi cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 13 + 10 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 9 (98)

-Titi, named for the real-life but also mythical Queen Nefertiti of Egypt, is actually sporting a REALLY GOOD DESIGN- the only one in the game that could have been slotted into Street Fighter and not stood out as really stupid. I'm actually quite impressed, especially as she pre-dates SF's Menat by like twenty-five years. It's a blue tube top, a neon green skirt (okay, that's a bit dated to 1993), blue panties (which are exposed by the skirt's design- it only really covers the sides and butt), really long wrestler-style boots, elbow & knee-pads, and a neat Egyptian headdress with the purple jewel in its center. The wrestling boots and the pads oddly "make" the whole design- the rest of it could be rather generic, but those HUGE lace-up boots really imply that she's in a combat sport. Her grab move is an Atomic Drop, too, meaning they seem to have gone with a Pro Wrestling Egyptian Girl for a character concept.

-Her name was swapped with that of Chaos for the international arcades- the obvious joke "titty" was RIGHT THERE, and developers wanted to avoid it. Because they had to keep the same graphics for the characters' names, they had to swap one rather than leave it. And so the weird fighter became "Titi", as "Chaos" was the only suitable male name.

-Titi is the smallest baseline fighter (though her feet are HUGE), doing the least amount of damage. She has a Blast (with some of the better animation- she hops up and her feet kick out with the sheer force of her "Nile Star!" attack) and a complicated leaping move that's kind of a backflip into a jump off the side of the screen, followed by a flying double-fist attack.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Killer Moth! Jin! Goldor! Hoi! Racheal! Chaos! Titi!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Speaking of Teen Titans, man, I had no idea that the villain Cinderblock was created speciifcally for the cartoon, and only appeared in the comics later.

Oh, and I was watching someone play Tekken 7 when suddenly Claudio busted out some Spirit Arrow-type stuff. So yeah, there's another guy with actual superhuman Special Moves.
Goldar

Re: Goldor

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:28 am Image

Now THAT’S a curious character design choice.

GOLDOR
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: France
Role: Weird-Looking Frenchman, Staff-Fighter
Vague Martial Art Basis: Savate (probably)
PL 7 (83)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Gol Wave) 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment (Staff +1- Reach), Improved Critical (Gol Wave), Improved Critical (Gol Barrier), Ranged Attack 3

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Staff), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Gol Wave" Blast 3 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (1) -- [2]
  • AE: "Gol Barrier" Damage 2 Linked to Protection 3 (Reduced Defenses 3) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Staff +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Gol Wave +9 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll, +6 Gol Barrier), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Rebuilding His Fighting Ring)
Weakness (Predictability)- Goldor cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 6 + 10 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 10 (83)

-No relation to our own favorite Space Giant, this guy looks REALLY stupid- Goldor is a Frenchman with a three-segmented staff (or sansetsukan), wearings a Chinese-style martial arts uniform... and has incredibly long hair, a receding hairline, and HUGE EYEBROWS. Like, WTF? Who looked at THAT and thought "People will want to play this"? It's just terrible! Goldor uses two Energy Attacks named after himself. One is a rip-off of the Power Wave from the Bogard Family in Fatal Fury (and guys like Geese Howard and the Iori/Kyo gang in King of Fighters), but hilariously wussy (it's about a foot off the ground!). The other is a "Gol Barrier"- a strange technique that basically guards his front and absorbs incoming attacks (like Projectiles), making it tricky to stat.
Exactly! I was like, WTF? I may have to gamma blast him! And then make him change his name! :P. Maybe even shave his head, before I take his candy! :lol:
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 pm While I enjoy all FIghting Game builds, the ones of terrible games are some of the most fascinating to me, especially when I've actually played them.
If I was running a campaign, I'd probably use hordes of guys from games like these as Mooks or something.
I swear that every time I look I find even more of these Street Fighter II knockoffs, though.
One that might be kind of notable though, is Kaiser Knuckle:

And that's mostly just because it has what is supposedly one of the most infamous bosses in fighting game history, The General.
Must own. :)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Mahamba

Post by Jabroniville »

MAHAMBA
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: Kenya
Role: African Tribesman
Vague Martial Art Basis: African Fighting
PL 7 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Equipment (Spear +2- Reach), Improved Critical (Panther Claw), Improved Critical (Savannah Tornado), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Savannah Tornado" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Panther Claw" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
"Jumping Moves" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Spear +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Weakness (Predictability)- Mahamba cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 + 10 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 10 (89)

-One of the earliest African Fighting Game characters (in fact, even NOW you almost never see them), Mahamba actually looks like a Generic African Tribesman, with cloths draped around his neck, and a REALLY skinny frame that looks borderline starvation-induced. His attacks are simple- a Double-Strike "Panther Claw" and a rising "Savannah Tornado", but he also uses a spear in combat, making him one of many disarm-able foes.
Jabroniville

Zen

Post by Jabroniville »

ZEN
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: Japan
Role: Kabuki Fighter
Vague Martial Art Basis: N/A
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Kabuki) 7 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment (Giant Fan +1), Improved Critical (Fire Wave), Improved Critical (Spinning Attack), Ranged Attack 3

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Staff), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Koma No Mai- Spinning Attack" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting) & Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7) -- [8]
  • AE: "Kumo No Himo- Fire Wave" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Giant Fan +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Spinning Attack +8 (+4 Damage & Affliction, DC 19 & 14)
Fire Wave +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Predictability)- Zen cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 6 + 10 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 9 (99)

-Huh- Zen isn't particularly well-designed, but as a Kabuki-styled fighter, he really stands out, considering that he's by far the most complicated-looking character of the roster. Sadly, Samurai Shodown's Kyoshiro predates him by about half a year, so he doesn't earn full originality points. Sporting a giant fan and wearing a huge red wig, he is definitely eye-catching, though. He's physically quite large AND he sports a weapon, so I made him the overall powerhouse, doing +4 Damage at his baseline. His moves are a standard Blast and a Multiattack move.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Salamander

Post by Jabroniville »

SALAMANDER
First Appearance:
Martial Champion (1993)
Home Country: Unknown
Role: Final Boss, Move-Copier
Vague Martial Art Basis: Unknown
PL 8 (134)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+13)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Makuken), Improved Critical (Shadow Attack), Improved Critical (Double Cross), Improved Critical (Multiattack), Ranged Attack 10, Startle

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Fire!" Energy Aura 3 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Flaws: Distracting) (Feats: Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) Linked to Affliction 4 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree) (Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) (15) -- [23]
  • AE: "Multiattack" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Distracting) & Linked to Affliction 5 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (9)
  • AE: "Makuken!" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3)
  • AE: "Gol Wave" Blast 3 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (1)
  • AE: "Gol Barrier" Damage 2 Linked to Protection 3 (Reduced Defenses 3) (1)
  • AE: "Panther Claw/Double Cross" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Shadow Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Speed 1 (2)
  • AE: "Chameleon Attack" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Line +1/2) (Reduced Defenses 1) (4)
  • AE: "Arabian Burner" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Reduced Defenses 1) (4)
"Jumping Moves" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Panther Claw/Shadow Attack +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Multiattack +11 (+5 Damage & Affliction, DC 20 & 15)
Fire Aura +11 (+3 Damage & +4 Affliction, DC 18 & 14)
Arabian Burner/Chameleon Attack +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Gol Wave +10 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Makuken +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
Weakness (Predictability)- Salamander cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 16 + 10 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 13 (134)

-Salamander really stands out amidst all the Final Bosses of early Fighting Games... primarily because he's just so PLAIN. He's just some big guy in normal martial arts clothes with a wild mane of hair. SO typical of Shonen Manga one-offs, but as the Final Boss? Compare him to Bison, Amakusa, Geese Howard or even Mr. Big- he just has no style or presence AT ALL. As this was early in the genre, and Martial Champion received no sequels, Salamander is completely unplayable- one of the Fighting Game characters you could never master.

-He has the then-unique ability to basically pick and choose the best techniques from across the game, using Racheal's Fire & Shadow Attacks, two different projectiles, a Multiattack (you can see him use a fast-striking "Finger Jab" attack A LOT in playthroughs) and some jumping moves- that unpredictability (his moveset is actually the largest in Fighting Game history for 1993) makes him far more accurate than the other fighters, as you can never tell just what's going to hit you, even at range! Watching him fight is a hell of a thing- it's just non-stop Special Move Spamming, like it's a Ring of Honor match or something.

-Salamander is a full PL 8, which is kind of hilarious- he's worse than Yun & Yang! He makes up for it in cost, though, as he has a lot of versatility.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.