Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab’s Builds (Cyborg! Argent! Joker’s Daughter! Jericho! Terra!)

Post by Ken »

I remember when New Teen Titans #39 came out. And keep in mind this was only a month after "Who is Donna Troy" in #38. The stark cover with Dick and Wally walking away from their shed costumes.

Wasn't expecting the scene with Tara in naught but a robe and some overly-applied make-up.

I was 15 at the time, so the full impact of the ickyness of the situation didn't immediately set in. We'd known for about 6 months that Terra was working with the Terminator. This was, however, the first indicator that she and the Terminator were swapping bodily fluids.

I also remember getting the feeling whilst revisiting the story some time later that the Terminator & Terra thing was more of Terra's idea than Slade's and that he was just going along with it to keep her happy and on his side. Still the creepy factor was way up there on the part of both villains.

I really like the Atlee version of Terra (Terra III) that came out in 2007. One of the few good characters to come out of the Radium Age.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

So I've been trying to find out what was up with Marv Wolfman and the surname Chase?

First Marv Wolfman gave us Adrian Chase, the second Vigilante (or third if one realises that both Earths-One and Two had Greg Sanders Vigilantes), in New Teen Titans #23 (vol 1) (who would become Vigilante in New Teen Titans vol 1 Annual #2)

Then Marv Wolfman gave us Danny Chase in New Teen Titans vol 2 Annual #2.

But apparently, at least according to the DC Comics Database, Adrian was Danny's uncle.

I wonder if they're related to Cameron Chase.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

So something i noticed about Deathstroke, he seems to have a lack of outright emotion. Yeah I know hard to imagine in a merc like him but follow me down this rabbit hole a moment.

Slade uses 90% of his brain's ability. Now I'm going off on a small tangent here but it'll pay out. Anyone else remember that series Fringe? They had those bald Observers from the future. They too used a significant portion of their brain (from tech not natural like Slade). They too had a substantial lack of emotion. When in the final season Peter Bishop implants himself with their technology to get revenge for the death of his daughter, his brain starts to become more like the Observers. The centers of his brain that govern emotion begin to shrink and he starts to become more coldly logical.

That sounds A LOT like Slade now doesn't it? It's like he remembers emotions, and that he should feel a certain way. Even tries to mimic the emotions but it's all muted. Like he's not really feeling it just mimicking a memory from his past.

I just find it interesting that no one has drawn a parallel to Slade's enhanced brain and his reduced emotional capacity. Everyone always says he's "controlled", "disciplined". No one ever thinks he's simply incapable of feeling.

Just one of those thoughts.

Team Titans:

I kinda loved this series until it went off the rails. Zero Hour was a complete nightmare from the jump and while this comic had some potential (there were more than one Team Titans sent to the past that were never touched on). My 2 favorites were Dagon (Nightrider, go figure) and Deathwing (a backdoor way to resurrect Jason Todd, prove me wrong).

Dagon was a victim of Zero Hour, having been from an alternate timeline. Deathwing lasted a bit longer into the Arsenal Titans where he was infected by Raven with a "Seed of Trigon", raped Mirage, fathered her child, and then was NEVER heard from again.

But, yeah, Team Titans had a lot of potential that was never even touched on.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm I remember when New Teen Titans #39 came out. And keep in mind this was only a month after "Who is Donna Troy" in #38. The stark cover with Dick and Wally walking away from their shed costumes.

Wasn't expecting the scene with Tara in naught but a robe and some overly-applied make-up.

I was 15 at the time, so the full impact of the ickyness of the situation didn't immediately set in. We'd known for about 6 months that Terra was working with the Terminator. This was, however, the first indicator that she and the Terminator were swapping bodily fluids.

I also remember getting the feeling whilst revisiting the story some time later that the Terminator & Terra thing was more of Terra's idea than Slade's and that he was just going along with it to keep her happy and on his side. Still the creepy factor was way up there on the part of both villains.

I really like the Atlee version of Terra (Terra III) that came out in 2007. One of the few good characters to come out of the Radium Age.
I too remember when that issue came out. I just shook my head :-|

I love that you always know the era of the comics, Ken! You have exceptional Time-Era Association! (That was a complement on National Complement Day)
Jabroniville

Redwing

Post by Jabroniville »

REDWING (Carrie Levine, aka Warbird)
Created By:
Marv Wolfman & Tom Grindberg
First Appearance: The New Titans Annual #7 (Jan. 1991)
Role: Flying Girl
Group Affiliations: The Team Titans
PL 8 (103)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 6 (+10)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Red Wings" Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
"Tracking Skills" Senses 3 (Extended Vision, Tracking 2) [3]
"Razor-Sharp Talons" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Talons +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Saving the Future)- The Team Titans came to the main timeline to kill Donna Troy. Having found another solution, they now are trying to find their place in this world.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 12 (103)

-Redwing is the sister of Prestor Jon, and a generic Flying Girl character, born with red-feathered wings. They joined the underground against Lord Chaos, then got sent back in time. She ceased to exist after Zero Hour.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Prestor Jon

Post by Jabroniville »

PRESTOR JON (Jonathan Levine)
Created By:
Role: Techno-Dude
PL 8 (148)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 10 (+13)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Living Computer"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
Communication (Technology) 4 (Extras: Area, Selective) [24]
Shapeshift (Technological Forms) 3 [24]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Saving the Future)- The Team Titans came to the main timeline to kill Donna Troy. Having found another solution, they now are trying to find their place in this world.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 86 / Defenses: 7 (148)

-Prestor John was trapped in a computer when his human body was killed by Lord Chaos's forces, and basically existed as a kind of Living A.I. (Insubstantial and unable to affect the real world at all), but he eventually got an Android Body from the Technis Collective, and was turned into a kind of Robo-Dude. He was erased by Zero Hour. He's one of the weaker fighters on his team, but is much more expensive thanks to his mechanical nature and variability.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Prester John is also a name from medieval European Christian folklore.
HalloweenJack

Re: The Team Titans

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:01 pm
Wonder Boy- Guy in a HORRIBLE yellow star-covered costume.

WHAT IS THE SECRET OF HIS POWERS?!!!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:16 pm

I assume this is a reference to some very popular thing I don’t watch.
Jabroniville

Killowat

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, holy shit- THESE GUYS made the cartoon?!?

KILLOWAT (Charlie Watkins)
Created By:
Role: Flying Blaster
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 6 (+7)
Insight 1 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Electricity) 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Electrical Blast 8 (Feats: Split) [17]
Flight 20 (2,000,000 mph) [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Electrical Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Mirage)- Charlie loved Mirage, who had no time for him.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 11 (118)

-Killowat is a basic Blaster who was once the minion of Lord Chaos (whom he worshipped like a god), but rejected his evil and joined The Team Titans. In the past, he discovers that the aunt & uncle who raised him are BLACK, making him doubt that he ever actually existed in this timeline at all. He was erased by Zero Hour.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Kilowatt has the distinction of being the only Team Titans member to make it to the Teen Titans cartoon.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 am

I kinda assumed it was a Disney's Hercules joke.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderb ... us_D_song)

The lyrics of the song tell the tale of the superhero Wonderboy (Black) as he forms an alliance with his lute-wielding arch-rival Young Nasty Man (KG) and forms the band Tenacious D. Wonderboy's powers are not revealed in the song but according to the lyrics we know that Young Nasty Man has powers that are "comparable" to Wonderboy's. Young Nasty Man has a variety of seemingly telekinetic powers, such as flight via levitation, "mind bullets" via telekinesis (with an apparent range of at least 200 yards and enough force to "kill a yak"), and "the power to move you". The song also mentions Wonderboy's castle made of clouds, the use of swords, and an attempt to destroy a hydra (The Mucky Muck Man), which is not seen in the video, but is mentioned in the song.[
Jabroniville

Dagon

Post by Jabroniville »

DAGON (David, aka Nightrider)
Created By:
Role: Vampire
PL 8 (128)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Stealth 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Hide in Plain Sight, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Undead Monster"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]
Impervious Toughness 6 (Flaws: Ineffective Versus Fire, Holy, or Silver Weapons) [3]
Regeneration 6 (Flaws: Source- Blood) [3]

Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]
"Drain Blood" Weaken Stamina 8 (Flaws: Grab-Based, Limited to One Rank Per Round) [2]
"Vampiric Senses" Senses 5 (Extended & Low-Light Vision, Extended & Acute Scent, Extended Hearing) [5]

"Man-Bat Form" Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph) (6) -- [7]
  • AE: "Mist Form" Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Electrical Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Bloodthirsty)- Dagon is naturally vampiric, and constantly desires to drink human blood. He has been taught to control his hunger, however.
Weakness (Vampire Stuff)- Many of the common vampiric weaknesses probably work on Dagon.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 8 (128)

-Dagon was turned into a vampiric monster by Lord Chaos after getting hit by a truck and having his body merged with Dracula's bones (ah, comics- don't ever change). He went a bit nuts (changing his name because he didn't feel like "David" anymore), and slaughtered most of Chaos's science team as a result. He managed to prevent his past self from being hit by a truck, but was erased by Zero Hour. He looks like the most '90s of his squad- I'm actually quite shocked that comics never managed to make any of the "Vampire Superhero" characters of the early '90s worked- you'd figure it would be a natural fit.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 pmI love that you always know the era of the comics, Ken! You have exceptional Time-Era Association! (That was a complement on National Complement Day)
Well, thank you. You have excellent taste in robotic life-partners.

I just wish I could use my powers for good instead of evil.