Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds (Wonder Girl! Superboy! Steel III! Blue Beetle!)

Post by Ares »

The original Son of Vulcan was a Charlton Comics character, same company that put out the Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and the like. He was actually kind of an interesting concept, sort of a Charlton hybrid of Captain Marvel and Thor, granted the power of the Roman gods to transform into a superstrong/durable gladiator who could summon special magical weapons forged by Vulcan, and in some cases even borrow powers from willing Olympians, such as being able to borrow Neptune's trident, Jupiter's thunderbolt, Hades helmet of invisibility, etc. Made for an interesting powerset and concept. The character was never hugely popular tho, and his main DC appearance was in the War of the Gods crossover event, where he sacrificed himself to thwart Circe.

The second Son of Vulcan was a retconned take on the concept, where "Vulcan" was a title passed from mentor to student in this long line of monster and alien hunters, with a focus on dealing with evil Martians. Not a bad concept, but again went nowhere.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

And Jaime was definitely a great character, and his book actually really came into its own once Giffen left (oddly it became more humorous without Giffen). He got a decent push, his was respectful of Ted's memory, he had a unique powerset and he was a great character overall. Unfortunately, DC has issues with "fun" characters these days. His Nu-52 book was absolutely terrible, and his current run seems to be trying to re-retcon the alien tech thing.

My only problem with Jaime was that there was definitely room for both him and Ted to exist, though I would not have wanted them both to be "Blue Beetle". I'm generally against multiple heroes using the same code name, unless it's an organization like the Green Lanterns. I didn't have as much of an issue with Jay Garrick sharing the name with Barry or Wally, depending on who was the Flash at the time, but that was a rare case.

Like I've said elsewhere, I'd keep Ted as the Blue Beetle since he truly honored Dan Garret's memory, but also keep Jaime around as the scarab using hero, and give him the unused Silver Scarab code name, swapping the blue in his armor to silver. Keep him and Ted linked, but this way Ted is still around and Jaime now has his own identity. O
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

huh- well THAT's unexpected: https://ew.com/theater/2019/02/06/hercu ... yNBHakQYDc

Disney is making a Hercules Broadway Show. Given the popularity of Hades I can see it, but that really wasn't one of their more popular movies.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Ares wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 am The original Son of Vulcan was a Charlton Comics character, same company that put out the Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and the like. He was actually kind of an interesting concept, sort of a Charlton hybrid of Captain Marvel and Thor, granted the power of the Roman gods to transform into a superstrong/durable gladiator who could summon special magical weapons forged by Vulcan, and in some cases even borrow powers from willing Olympians, such as being able to borrow Neptune's trident, Jupiter's thunderbolt, Hades helmet of invisibility, etc. Made for an interesting powerset and concept. The character was never hugely popular tho, and his main DC appearance was in the War of the Gods crossover event, where he sacrificed himself to thwart Circe.

The second Son of Vulcan was a retconned take on the concept, where "Vulcan" was a title passed from mentor to student in this long line of monster and alien hunters, with a focus on dealing with evil Martians. Not a bad concept, but again went nowhere.
Yeah, few people realize Charlton had quite a few more heroes than those typically used by DC (or more accurately, whose names and motifs are used by DC, since almost NONE of the Charlton characters were properly copy-righted.) E-man and his supporting cast/back-up strip heroes (Rog-2000, an early John Byrne creation), Son of Vulcan, Killjoy (another Steve Ditko Mr. A-type guy), The Titanic Three (a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents/FF mash-up), and more.

Most were pretty forgettable and short-lived, but a few of the concepts were interesting. Though I'm not sure if DC bought the rights to all of them.

All my best.
Ken

Post by Ken »

greycrusader wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:19 pm
Ares wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 am The original Son of Vulcan was a Charlton Comics character, same company that put out the Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and the like. He was actually kind of an interesting concept, sort of a Charlton hybrid of Captain Marvel and Thor, granted the power of the Roman gods to transform into a superstrong/durable gladiator who could summon special magical weapons forged by Vulcan, and in some cases even borrow powers from willing Olympians, such as being able to borrow Neptune's trident, Jupiter's thunderbolt, Hades helmet of invisibility, etc. Made for an interesting powerset and concept. The character was never hugely popular tho, and his main DC appearance was in the War of the Gods crossover event, where he sacrificed himself to thwart Circe.

Yeah, few people realize Charlton had quite a few more heroes than those typically used by DC (or more accurately, whose names and motifs are used by DC, since almost NONE of the Charlton characters were properly copy-righted.) E-man and his supporting cast/back-up strip heroes (Rog-2000, an early John Byrne creation), Son of Vulcan, Killjoy (another Steve Ditko Mr. A-type guy), The Titanic Three (a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents/FF mash-up), and more.

Most were pretty forgettable and short-lived, but a few of the concepts were interesting. Though I'm not sure if DC bought the rights to all of them.

All my best.
DC used the original Charlton version of Son of Vulcan briefly. He was in War of the Gods and was killed off there.

Some of "and more" : the Shape, Nature Boy, Mr. Muscles and Kid Muscles, Steve Ditko's Liberty Belle.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Slobo

Post by Jabroniville »

SLOBO (aka Lobo)
Role:
Teen Version
Group Affiliations: Young Justice

-Slobo is a temporary thing created when Lobo was transformed into a teenager due to a magical accident. He joins Young Justice, but is killed on Apokolips- his Regeneration powers cause him to spring MILLIONS of Lobos, all of whom defeat the villains, then turn on each other, leaving only a single, adult Lobo. However, a single child remained hidden, and takes the name "Slobo" (short for "It's Lobo"), but he eventually degenerates in health, and is frozen into a statue by Darkseid.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Little Barda

Post by Jabroniville »

LITTLE BARDA
Created By:
Geoff Johns & Tony Daniel
First Appearance: 52 #21 (Sept. 2006)
Role: One-Off Gag
Group Affiliations: Titans East, The Teen Titans

-A gag character, Little Barda was created as a single picture in the infamous "20 people who joined and left the Teen Titans in one year" during the One Year Gap explained in 52. She's obviously based off of Big Barda, and made out to be a joke, albeit a strong one. She says a couple of things much later before departing for her native Apokolips, but later reappears as part of Titans East- Little Barda is left in critical condition from the Sons of Trigon, who kill her teammate Power Boy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Little Barda

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 pm Image

LITTLE BARDA
Created By:

-A gag character, Little Barda was created as a single picture in the infamous "20 people who joined and left the Teen Titans in one year" during the One Year Gap explained in 52. She's obviously based off of Big Barda, and made out to be a joke, albeit a strong one. She says a couple of things much later before departing for her native Apokolips, but later reappears as part of Titans East- Little Barda is left in critical condition from the Sons of Trigon, who kill her teammate Power Boy.
Wait a minute...there was a TT One-Year Gap like Marvel's late 1990's X-Men 6-Month Gap?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, it was during One Year Later post-Infinite Crisis. The book 52 detailed all of what went down during that year, as the Big Three disappeared from the scene, and instead we focused on Booster Gold, Black Adam & Isis, and a few others. I think it was meant to lead to a Booster push, but DC fumbled the ball on that one and he vanished again. The Titans were going through roster upheavals at the time, and so Johns just threw in a joke page of "here's all the characters that joined and quit over the past year!". Later writers, plus Johns, would try to add real bios to most of these jokes, but none of them ever meant anything. As a result, the Titans roster is now totally overclogged with useless acts like Little Barda & Young Frankenstein :).
Davies

Re: Little Barda

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 pm Image

LITTLE BARDA
Created By:

For stats, it's probably best to just drop 2 ranks from all of Big Barda's attributes and relevant powers.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Power Boy

Post by Jabroniville »

ATTABOY. You ROCK that man-cleavage!

POWER BOY III (Jaden Morales)
Created By:
First Appearance: The Teen Titans #38 (Sept. 2006)
Role: Spear Counterpart (to Power Girl)
Group Affiliations: TheTeen Titans
PL 8 (98)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Father Box), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]
Movement 1 (Space Travel) [2]

Equipment:
"Father Box"
Communication 5 (15)
Healing 2 (Feats: Stabilize, Regrowth) (2)
"Boom Tube" Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) (Extras: Portal +2) (Flaws: Distracting) (Activation -2) (7)
Equipment 5 (Powerful Computer, PDA, Lockpicks, etc.) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +3

Complications:
Reputation (Jerk-Ass)- Power Boy is a possessive ass.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 8 (98)

-The third character named Power Boy, and only one in the modern era (the others are a one-off parallel of Superboy, and a Legion of Super-Heroes side-character), was more or less just a Sight Gag- a male version of Power Girl (complete with Cleavage Window), to join the Teen Titans during their "One Year Later" interim. The character later shows up in the pages of Supergirl as a boyfriend of hers, but she dumps him when he starts growing overly controlling and violently possessive- she kicks him square in the balls and tells him to never come near her again. He is later shown murdered by unseen assailants- later revealed to be the sons of Trigon. The character has pretty much the least amount of depth of any Titans character ever, and never got established as more than a gag (a DC writer shared that the character was meant to represent cliches typically going to female characters). Too bad- the Man-Cleavage is pretty funny (I mean, WHAT ELSE would the male counterpart of Power Girl look like?).

-His origin is later given as being an Apokolips-born warrior, enhanced by Darkseid. But he's so short on characterization that he's never been anything but a Super-Powered Idiot, lacking anything in the way of versatility.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Pantha

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 am ImageImage

Seriously, imagine being a part of the Wolfman/Perez Titans fanbase, dipping out for a couple years, and coming across THIS?

PANTHA (Subject X-24)
I will never be able to thank Superboy-Prime enough for ridding us of this.

In the words of Jack Napier Joker, "I'm glad you're dead! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Glad you're dead! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" :twisted:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, was it you who was like “no, no, you don’t understand. I came back to the Titans after years away and came across THIS.” as a point about justifiable character deaths? Like, Joe if fekt like such a drop that killing her and Baby was the only justifiable solution?
Jabroniville

Bart Allen

Post by Jabroniville »

KID FLASH II (Bart Allen, aka Impulse, The Flash IV)
Created By:
Mark Waid & Mike Wieringo
First Appearance: The Flash #92 (June 1994)
Role: Speedster, Annoying Kid Character, Maturing Kid
Group Affiliations: Young Justice, The Titans, The Teen Titans, The Justice League
PL 10 (136)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10/12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 4 (+4)
Insight 2 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Debris) 4 (+12)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Improved Defenses, Improved Disarm, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up 2, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Access to the Speed Force"
Speed 18 (500,000 mph) [18]
Quickness 16 [16]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Improved Initiative 4 [4]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Immunity 1 (Friction Heat) [1]

"Speed Feats"
Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) [3]
"Hit Everyone in Range" Strength-Damage +6 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2 for 8 ranks, Selective) (30) -- [37]
  • AE: "Rapid Attack" Strength-Damage +5 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (12)
  • AE: "Hyperfast Punch" Strength-Damage +6 (6)
  • AE: "Throw Debris" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Quirks: Requires Debris -1) (17)
  • AE: Deflect 12 (12)
  • AE: "Knockdown Whirlwind" Affliction 8 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (16)
  • AE: "Vibrating Molecules" Insubstantial 4 (Flaws: Limited to While Running) (16)
  • AE: "Spin Attack" Affliction 10 (Fort; Impaired & Dazed/Stunned & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Grab-Based) (Inaccurate -1) (9)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hyperfast Punch +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Rapid Attack +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Hit Everyone +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 21)
Throw Debris +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Spin Attack +10 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +20

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +2 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (The Flash)- Bart is the grandson of Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash, and was raised in a Virtual Reality environment.
Responsibility (ADD Overload)- Bart is exceptionally exciteable, immature and impossible to control- he acts out on a whim, and cannot concentrate on anything. He leaps before looking, and acts without thinking.
Relationship (Max Mercury, Jay Garrick)- The older speedsters often acted as Bart's mentors, frequently getting annoyed by his... exuberant nature.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 83 / Defenses: 23 (136)

Impulse- DC's Most Immature Hero:
-Bart Allen's first run on the Titans was on the "Arsenal Team" where he basically did nothing of note. His legacy as a Titan didn't start until recent years, where they hit on that whole "Kid Flash" thing that made him more responsible. Then they nuked the previously happy-fun character into something else, then killed him. I'll be honest, I'm no Impulse fan. I never really found slapstick hijinks amusing in comic book superheroics (it's too simplistic and easy to write, honestly- and often pales compared to the more cartoonish stuff that's natural to say, Archie or most cartoons), much less when it's being written for kids, but read by adults (a common complaint Mark Waid had about writing this character). The character really just annoyed me, and I didn't read enough of the modern-day Johns Titans to change my opinion enough. He later got some REALLY weird stuff, as he disappeared into the Speed Force, aged super-quickly (one of my least-favourite Convenient Plot Devices in comics- "Twilight" even used this, proving it's suckiness!), became the new Flash, but got killed by some Rogues. Then he returned as a smart-mouthed Kid Flash. Because COMICS. ARE. WEIRD.

-Impulse was a famously-silly character created years ago to inject some more comedy into the DC Universe, as well as adding to the Flash Family of characters. An impulsive, wreckless, goofy child, Bart Allen was the grandson of the Silver Age Flash, having been born in the future, where Barry had settled. His father, Don Allen, was one of the Tornado Twins, which is a minor bit of history- Bart was born with a hyper-accelerated metabolism, and had to be raised by screens in a specially-made chamber. This basically made him ADD personified, to the point where he never concentrates on anything and is always flitting around. When his chamber wasn't fixing his problem, his grandmother, Iris Allen, sent him to the past, where Wally West (then the current Flash) raced him around the world- the effect shocked Bart into a normal metabolism.

-Impulse thus became an ongoing series- Wally, unable to handle Bart's near-psychotic courage (raised in a world without danger, he leapt into everything without considering the consequences), pawned him off on forgotten Golden Age hero Max Mercury, who was the wisest of the speedsters when it came to the Speed Force that empowered them all. The book was, as you might expect, very silly, known for a comedic art style (Bart had HUGE feet, and was often drawn with images in his thought bubbles instead of words)- I remember Mark Waid, the writer, openly complaining that "I'm writing a book for kids that's only read by adults!"- DC was ATTEMPTING to create a kid-friendly book, but of course by the '90s, no kids were reading them.

ADHD-Curing Bullets- Bart as Kid Flash:
-Impulse was briefly featured on the Arsenal-led Titans book, thus giving him a link to that team, despite being far better known for Young Justice, which paired him up with the other contemporary Teen Sidekick characters. Max Mercury was killed, forcing Bart to grow up a bit and accept the reality that life can be dangerous and sad. Then, controversially, the YJ kids were shuffled over to the new Teen Titans book, written by Geoff Johns. And, even MORE controversially, Johns had Bart get kneecapped by Deathstroke the Terminator, which caused him to... mature? Yes, Bart Allen, the famously-impulsive, goofy-ass Speedster Kid... was now reading books in a library and RETAINING THE INFORMATION, calling himself Kid Flash, and acting much more calm, rational and moody. In short, Johns did what he's often prone to do, and invented a new character for the existing one. I remember the Impulse fanboys I knew at the time HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATING this turn of events- they immediately turned on the Teen Titans book, and never really recovered their fandom for it.

-Then, things got EVEN WORSE- after helping stop Superboy-Prime's rampage by dumping him into the Speed Force, he gets stuck in an alternate reality's Keystone City for four years, leaving it as a young adult. Then, when Wally West is indisposed, Bart becomes the new FLASH, taking over The Flash for a while. Then, horrifically, he was drained of the Speed Force by several of the Flash Rogues, who beat and then slaughtered him while he chased Inertia- old enemies of Barry & Wally's (Captain Cold, Heat Wave & Weather Wizard) did the deed.

-This was seen as a REALLY dark moment for DC in an era that was basically "Never-Ending Angst", as heroes were killed off left and right, longtime characters were wiped out, and we had a major, world-chaning event every few months. The fact that what was once DC's most fun-loving, immature character just got gangbeat and blown away was just the cap-off of this whole time period. Jay Garrick, who had helped raise Bart as a preteen, was a particularly-stricken person by this, as he'd now buried TWO successors as Flash. It's now considered a very needlessly-dark occurrence- and writer Marc Guggenheim has admitted that he was told specifically to write a five-issue arc in which Bart was killed, meaning this was a "Dan DiDio" call.

Bart Returns:
-Stuff changed pretty rapidly after Bart was killed- he wasn't gone long, in any case. Inertia, a Mirror Image Villain of his, was turned into Kid Zoom and then killed by the vengeful Rogues, who'd never liked him, I guess. Bart would return shortly in the Legion of Three Worlds story, with Geoff Johns writing the resurrections of both Kid Flash and Superboy. It turns out that Brainiac 5 figured out that they'd need Bart in the future, and so they "saved" his essence- oh, and he'd have died in months from his returned super-aging anyhow, so his death was SUPER OKAY NOW. Kid Flash returns, bullying a panicky Superboy-Prime (who'd been foiled by Bart TWICE now), and rejoins the Titans in the past. A past that now features his grandfather BARRY ALLEN back in business. But of course, it's modern DC, and so Bart is a bit resentful that Barry has returned, while Max Mercury has not. Eventually, however, Max DOES return, and Bart is off-and-on with the Titans thereafter. Then, after all this, continuity is rebooted and we have the "New 52", which also features Bart as Kid Flash, but was said to be an unrelated kid from the future.

Bart Allen as a Whole:
-Bart, who's now gone by Kid Flash longer than he ever has "Impulse", is a character I'm largely unfamiliar with. I found him a bit annoying in the few books I had that featured him, but he was at least SUPPOSED to be annoying to other characters. The "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" style of book that Impulse seemed to be was never my thing, so I never read it, and so I had no emotional connection to him when he dropped that personality and went by "Kid Flash". Though to be honest, I had no connection to Bart AT ALL, so even that run fell flat for me. I'm just... "eh, don't really care" about him. He seemed to lack the strong personality of the other characters, so I didn't count on him much- in this sense, he was a bit like the OLD Kid Flash on the Titans. In the narration of The Return of Donna Troy, Donna indicates that Bart has become the HEART of his team, acting with a sense of morality and concern the others lacked- when everyone else was celebrating a victory, it was Bart who was horrified at all the damage and destruction caused by the Titans of Myth. But... of course, he was swiftly aged up, killed, then returned for his own mess, and was thus not allowed to be that "Heart" for long- just another casualty of the fustercluck of the last years of DC continuity before the reboot. All in all, kind of a lost character- one they really TRIED to make neat, but they never quite pulled it off consistently. A lack of consistent writers was probably an issue, as was wrong-headed editorial decisions. So, you know, way different stuff than everyone ELSE in DC Comics around this time.

Bart's Powers:
-Bart has a lot of the usual Super-Speed Feats- Area Attacks, Multiattack, high Defenses, and more- he's a PL 10 Speedster, but DC's Speed Force means that he can pull out some REALLY weird things, like throwing guys into the Force itself or whatever.

IMPULSE (Bart Allen, aka Kid Flash II, The Flash IV)
Created By:
Mark Waid & Mike Wieringo
First Appearance: The Flash #92 (June 1994)
Role: Speedster, Annoying Kid Character
Group Affiliations: Young Justice, The Titans, The Teen Titans, The Justice League
PL 8 (143)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Deception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Improved Disarm, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up 2, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Access to the Speed Force"
Speed 18 (500,000 mph) [18]
Quickness 16 [16]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Enhanced Initiative 3 [3]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Immunity 1 (Friction Heat) [1]

"Speed Feats"
Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) [3]
"Hit Everyone in Range" Strength-Damage +5 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2 for 6 ranks) (17) -- [23]
  • AE: "Rapid Attack" Strength-Damage +5 (Extras: Multiattack 6) (13)
  • AE: "Hyperfast Punch" Strength-Damage +6 (6)
  • AE: "Throw Debris" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Quirks: Requires Debris -1) (17)
  • AE: Deflect 12 (12)
  • AE: "Knockdown Whirlwind" Affliction 8 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (16)
  • AE: "Vibrating Molecules" Insubstantial 4 (Flaws: Limited to While Running) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Hyperfast Punch +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Rapid Attack +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Hit Everyone +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Throw Debris +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +16

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +1 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (The Flash)- Bart is the grandson of Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash, and was raised in a Virtual Reality environment.
Responsibility (ADD Overload)- Bart is exceptionally exciteable, immature and impossible to control- he acts out on a whim, and cannot concentrate on anything. He leaps before looking, and acts without thinking.
Relationship (Max Mercury, Jay Garrick)- The older speedsters often acted as Bart's mentors, frequently getting annoyed by his... exuberant nature.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 68 / Defenses: 20 (143)

-My old Impulse build is still serviceable for the younger version of Bart.

-This early-'90s Impulse was barely starting out, and so he's only PL 8, albeit very expensive for that Power Level. He had most of the Power Feats, but wasn't fast enough or good enough a fighter to match the more elite Speedsters of the era- by the time he'd joined the Teen Titans as Kid Flash, he'd been upgraded to PL 10 and was pretty much what Wally West was at that age, plus adding some Beginner's Luck/Intellect/Jack-of-All-Trades stuff since he'd gained the ability to read at super-speed and RETAIN that knowledge. Plus he picked up the ability to send out "Scouts", Speed Force Avatars that could run ahead and see what was going on- apparently killing them would hurt him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:21 am Haha, was it you who was like “no, no, you don’t understand. I came back to the Titans after years away and came across THIS.” as a point about justifiable character deaths? Like, Joe if fekt like such a drop that killing her and Baby was the only justifiable solution?
I'm not sure if I am for sure the reference but that is EXACTLY how I felt. I hated her immediately. Same with Wildebeest. I only wish Prime had done more than taken Risk's arm... :(
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum