Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Barracuda

Post by Jabroniville »

BARRACUDA II (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Garth Ennis, Howard Chaykin & Goran Parlov
First Appearance: The Punisher (MAX) #31 (May 2006)
Role: Insane Murderer, Gangster, Mirror Image Villain
Group Affiliations: The U.S. Army
PL 10 (162)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Deception 6 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 9 (+12)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 7 (Arsenal), Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4 (Rifle, Pistol 2, Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Jack-of-All-Trades, Last Stand, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover & Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Second Chance (Being Shot), Second Chance (Mutilation), Startle, Ultimate Aim

Powers:
Immunity 2 (Pain) [2]

Equipment:
"The Punisher's Arsenal"
"Kevlar Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (20) -- (27)
  • AE: "Pair of Automatic Pistols" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
  • AE: "Standard Rifle" Blast 7 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (16)
  • AE: "Grenades" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
  • AE: "Rocket Launcher" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Five Shots) (Standard Action -2) (16)
  • AE: "Flare Grenades" Dazzle Visuals 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
  • AE: "Tear Gas Grenades" Affliction 4 (Dazed & Vision Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Knife +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Rifle +13 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Automatic Rifle +11 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Pistol +13 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Grenades +7 Area (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Flash/Tear Gas Grenades +4 Area (+4 Ranged Affliction, DC 14)
Rocket Launcher +9 Area (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 18), Toughness +5 (+7 Kevlar), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Responsibility (Manliness)- Barracuda is obsessed with masculinity, going to any length to prove how tough he is.
Enemy (The Punisher)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 38 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 17 (162)

-Inspired by the old folk song Stagger Lee, about a terrifying, murderous, giant of a man, Barracuda was the central villain of Garth Ennis's Punisher run for Marvels' MAX (ie. "Vertigo was about tits & violence, right? Well let's have some tits & violence!") imprint, and his six-issue run gathered quite the following. Garth's Editor suggested keeping the character alive for the end, so he could show up further- this allowed Ennis to let out his fetish for violence (the tough-as-nails Barracuda suffers all manner of calamity in his appearances), and gave us a rather fearsome villain. He even showed up in the Punisher/Eminem one-shot (oh god there was a Punisher/Eminem one-shot).

-Barracuda is a criminal who was raised in a craphole neighborhood and had a terrible father who abused them. The alcoholic burned Barracuda's hand on a grill while telling him to be "hard as the motherfucking world itself" before abandoning the family forever. His brother died and his sister became a junkie hooker, and got recruited by the army after castrating an attacker in Juvie. Becoming a Green Beret, he had Garth Ennis's "Wet Dream Career" (he's a HUCH Soldier Worship guy), but in an interesting twist, became a monster instead of a hero, which is the norm. He started engaging in black ops stuff, and was part of the Iran Contra affair, committing atrocities against local villagers in Nicaragua in order to assure compliance. After engaging in cannibalism to prove his masculinity, he left the army and became a feared gangster, once getting arrested while doing lines of cocaine on the severed head of an opponent.

-After this, he became a murderer-for-hire, working for a corrupt CEO who ran a parody of Enron. Barracuda fights the Punisher, who's out to prevent the company from wrecking Florida's power grid for profit, and ends up losing an eye, though he defeats the vigilante. However, he plots a "Deathtrap Ending" (eaten by sharks) as a finale, and Frank hangs onto the boat, saving his life. Eventually, the entire corrupt board of the company is eaten by sharks when Frank sinks their boat- Barracuda survives by mimicking Frank's holding onto the boat.

-After that, Barracuda appears in his own miniseries, this one without the Punisher. Hired by one gangster to kill another, he instead betrays him to the other gangster... but also sleeps with that gangster's wife. He also takes a fatherly role to the first gangster's hemophiliac son, Oswald, trying to toughen him up. He even saves the boy's life! He even helps Oswald kill his own father, and trimphantly pats him on the back. Which, due to his hemophilia, kills him. Because Ennis. In the Punisher MAX book again, Barracuda beats Punisher (luring him into a meeting of crimebosses) and ties him up, revealing a daughter he never knew about (from a relationship with a now-dead CIA Agent). Frank escapes, but both men survive. The Punisher finally manages to get out of a hospital using stimulants, and finds the location of his daughter- killing Barracuda in the process after a vicious fight that mutilates both men. Fatal axe injuries are just walked through, so Punisher has to hit him with a full clip from an AK-47.

-Barracuda is a well-trained, intelligent Green Beret who is in many ways a Mirror Image Villain of Frank, being tough, resourceful, clever and unstoppable in a fight. His raw durability is a point in his favor- he has been shot numerous times, lost fingers, had his cheek bitten off, received third-degree burns and more, and has just kept coming. None of this seems to overly bother him- when Frank points out that he's been maimed permanently (by putting his severed fingers on bare ice instead of putting it in a bag first, thus killing the nerve endings), Barracuda just laughs at his own carelessness. He's also freakishly strong and tough- he's basically a tougher Punisher with his skills at almost the same level.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Microchip! Stone Cold! Leviathan! Saracen!)

Post by Jabroniville »

What in the actual F- . . . If you hadn't put Fraction and Remender as her creators, I would have sworn from the outfit alone she was another Ennis addition.
Yeah, I was a bit like "HUH?" when I saw that pic. I hadn't seen any images while I was building the character.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And that does it for my Punisher builds! Wow, what a set of losers. But hey- I finally got Microchip off The List! Also, I actually did a double-take at my initial Punisher build (AWA 2 & PRE 1?), and went back and re-did it, adding thirteen points' worth of Mental Stats & Skills, plus Second Chance (Being Shot).

Next up is a set I hope everyone likes and is in to... because it's gonna take like three frickin' weeks to post it all. That's right- it's finally time for Tekken builds!!
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 am
What in the actual F- . . . If you hadn't put Fraction and Remender as her creators, I would have sworn from the outfit alone she was another Ennis addition.
Yeah, I was a bit like "HUH?" when I saw that pic. I hadn't seen any images while I was building the character.
I won't say that she's dressed more sensibly in other pictures, but that seems to be the only one where she's wearing a ball gag as a fashion accessory.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Archie Meets The Punisher

Post by Jabroniville »

ARCHIE MEETS THE PUNISHER:

I could have sworn I wrote a big thing on this somewhere, but I can no longer find it. But needless to say, this is one of the best Crossovers of all time, largely because of just how incongruous the two characters are (a murderous vigilante with an "aw shucks" teenage comedy character), and how aware the comic is about this.

In this story, the Punisher is working for the federal government to capture a witness- alive. Despite this being pretty absurd (all the heroes to bring a guy in alive and you choose FRANK CASTLE??), the primary purpose of this is to give Frank a reason to be in Riverdale... and to make the crook a pretty close facsimile of Archie Andrews. This leads us to the "Big Moment" they were looking for- the Punisher pointing his gun right into the nose of the most innocent comic book character out there. That's pretty much the only reason that "Red" has to look like Archie. And what's funnier is that the writers are like "So Frank realizes instantly that this isn't Red and just moves on".

Of course, circumstances put the two together again when Veronica goes out with Red to spite Archie, not knowing how villainous the guy is. Also, Frank Castle goes undercover as a new TEACHER at Riverdale High, leading to this giant, ultra-muscular man going about the halls while the girls fawn over him. Hilariously, he gets along with his fellow teachers.

The Highlights:
* Frank being drawn in Marvel style, while all the Archie characters are cartoonish.
* Microchip drawing his gun on Red and getting punched out by BIG MOOSE, who mistook Red for Archie.
* Red being named "Mel Jay", after "MLJ", the original name for Archie Comics.
* Archie doing an "Archie's War Journal" complete with the most hilarious take on "Max Payne Speech" known to man, trying as hard as he can to be an edgelord noir detective narrator while discussing Jughead, Veronica and the gang.
* Josie and the Pussycats doing the school dance while Sabrina the Teenage Witch namdedrops the "Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth".
* A gunfight breaking out at a RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL DANCE. And the teachers having an appropriately horrified reaction.
* Miss Grundy saving the Punisher's life.

It's really unspeakably awesome, and every bit as self-aware as the bizarre cover leads you to believe it ISN'T. "The Crossover you've been dreading!" indeed.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Martin Soap

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:44 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 am Because again, Ennis & Dillon.
It's stuff like this, along with the gratuitous violence and spiteful way the duo treats things like superheroes that pretty much makes it impossible for me to enjoy anything they do.
You and me both.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Tekken

Post by Jabroniville »

TEKKEN:
-Tekken has been around for ages, and both came up from being a semi-successful fighter in a VERY crowded market that turned into the top of the industry in a genre that was ITSELF the top of the industry... down to a barely-relevant fighter in a fading market, to the point where it's now merely a semi-respected Second-Tier Fighting Game.

When Tekken debuted in 1994, it was basically a "Me Too!" copycat of the popular, genre-defining 3D Fighting Game Virtua Fighter, coming from Namco, most famous then for Pac-Man and the Ridge Racer series. And while successful, it wasn't even the biggest seller of its own system- coming out for the Sony PlayStation, it had to take a second-best spot to the VERY popular Battle Arena Toshinden. Nowadays, this looks pretty hilarious, as the sequel that came out a year later COMPLETELY lapped the Toshinden series, which would soon become a joke and mostly forgotten. Tekken 2, meanwhile, became an industry touchstone, and a VERY worthy competitor to the respected VF series on the struggling Sega Saturn. In fact, the success of Sony's platform would essentially make Tekken the victor- being more easy to just "pick up and play", and with a larger roster, than VF, Tekken was better for newbies.

Tekken 3, set nineteen years after the second game, would also be incredibly popular, but as the 2000s rolled on, the Fighting Game genre started fading away. Old stalwards like Mortal Kombat died off, while Street Fighter faltered badly under "Capcom Sequel Stagnation". The 3D Fighting Games were well-liked, but nowhere near the phenomenon of the 1990s. And so multiple editions would be released, and they'd be well-liked, but never the sensation they used to be. In fact, Tekken 3 is the second-greatest-selling Fighting Game of ALL TIME- only the even MORE accessible Super Smash Bros. would be more successful.

Tekken was very well-respected for some really great character designs- the Mishima Family in particular. Paul Phoenix, Yoshimitsu and other crazy characters were joined by the Best Bruce Lee Clone Ever in Marshall Law, the Standard-Issue Lady Spy in Nina Williams, and even a powerhouse wrestling in King. The REAL distinctive stuff, however, was the infamously hard-hitting, bone-crushing impact of the strikes and throws- Tekken has LEGENDARY suplexes and slams, with nearly every character throwing out moves from Pro Wrestling (you'll see German Suplexes, Powerbombs, Steiner Screwdrivers, and more). So while Virtua Fighter looked prettier, it also had boring characters and more fluid gameplay, and less horrifying crunching of bone and sinew.

The series was not without its criticisms- a general complaint about Tekken is that it's "too easy"- even amateurs can button-mash to a degree of success, and characters like Eddy Gordo even FAVOR this kind of strategy. This means that beginners can have a lot of early success, making the game look "simple". True experts of Tekken know that the game is actually QUITE deep, and that a real pro can crush an amateur who's just smashing every button, but you actually had to be QUITE good to get over that hump, which hampered the game's rep. Tekken was also seen as a bit "ugly" in terms of technique- the way the game's attacks work, you have a separate button for each limb; this leads to a lot of awkward, "stagger forward" styles of striking out, which can look clumsy and ungraceful compared to very fluid 3D Fighters like Virtua Fighter or the "2D with 3D Graphics" games like Street Fighter. The cast is also ENORMOUS, but much of it is made up of "Moveset Clones"- the first games cloned entire Sub-Bosses from the regular cast, while later games would often replace an older character with a new one who had the same style.

The Story:
* Fighting Games are often defined by their story, typically with a handful of Main Characters, and a rotating cast of hopefully-interesting side characters. The more distinctive, the better. Tekken has some really good ones, and shores up the "non-important" guys with either distinctive goons (Wang, Ganryu), traditional fighters (Baek), police agents (Lei), or even frickin' ANIMALS (Kuma, Panda, etc.). The series has a very good mixture of serious ass-kickers and profoundly-silly goof-offs, but never quite feels like Street Fighter, which creates an ever-larger series of Comedy Characters with each game. Most of the silly people are shoved off to the side, or handled as weirdly as they should be in real life, and showcase some genuine humor (Kuma's ending vignettes are HILARIOUS).

The primary story of Tekken, of course, deals with the Mishima Family. Primarily, Main Character of the first game, Kazuya, and his father, the Final Boss, Heihachi. Kazuya first defeats Heihachi, but is then killed by his father in the second game, after acting as the Boss himself. Tekken 3 then introduces a NEW Main Character... Kazuya's SON, Jin Kazama. Jin, unlike the malicious elder Mishimas, is a nice guy growing more conflicted and dark with time. Oh yeah, and Kazuya & Jin are both possessed by the "Devil Gene" which makes them monsters.

The actual tournament is the "King of the Iron Fist" tournament ("Tekken" literally means "Iron Fist" in Japanese), usually bankrolled by the Mishima Zaibatsu. Many of the characters simply seek money, or to prove that they are the best. Other characters hunt rivals (Marshall vs. Baek, Anna vs. Nina), while others seek bloody revenge (Armor King II vs. Marduk). Others are mysterious (Yoshimitsu), forced to fight (Gigas), or are there because they're working for other characters (Ganryu, Bruce).

The Story in Each Game:
Tekken: Final Boss: Heihachi, defeated by Kazuya.
Tekken 2: Final Boss: Kazuya, now with Devil Powers, defeated by Heihachi.
Tekken 3: 19 years in the future, an adult Jin Kazama (son of Kazuya) is the new Main Character, with Ogre, the God of Fighting (hunted by Heihachi) as the Final Boss. Jin finally kills him.
Tekken 4: Heihachi is the Boss once more, and Kazuya returns- Jin beats them both, but spares them.
Tekken 5: Jinpachi Mishima returns from the dead and acts as the Final Boss. Put to rest by Jin, who takes control of the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Tekken 6: Azazel, destroyer of the world, is the Final Boss. Jin grows darker and more menacing, throwing the world into chaos in a deliberate attempt to lure out Azazel and kill him. He finally succeeds.
Tekken 7: The Mishima Clan Saga comes full circle, as Kazumi Mishima returns as a ghost and reveals the origins of the "Devil Gene". She is the Final Boss, and Kazuya finally kills Heihachi.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Davies wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 am
I won't say that she's dressed more sensibly in other pictures, but that seems to be the only one where she's wearing a ball gag as a fashion accessory.
Weird; I failed a bad personality test. I had to go back and look to notice the ball gag.

EDIT: Interested for the Tekken set.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Microchip! Stone Cold! Saracen! Barracuda!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

"WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT!"

Since I grew up with the Sony line of consoles for the most part, Tekken's always been one of my favorite 3D fighting games, as well as Soul Calibur.

It's still kinda funny that the main core of the story is just how screwed up the Mishima family is.

One thing that still sticks out to me is the absurd anime movie adaptation of Tekken 2. It's really absurd and definitely nowhere near the quality of the Street FIghter II one, but it does have the amazing scene where MIchelle throws a tomahawk at Heihachi and the dude just catches it in his mouth and crushes it. As well as T-REXES THAT CAN GO INVISIBLE. Yes, seriously.

I also always found it neat how in Tekken 1 and 2 each character had their own personal sub-boss (And though they started out as clones, their movesets did diverge over time), much like more recent fighting games have the "Rival Battle" thing as the penultimate match
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I think I posted this before, but Eric Jacobus doing the Tekken movesets is well worth watching. Good commentary on the styles involved too.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

TEKKEN (1994):
* The original Tekken introduces a fairly small cast, as was normal for 3D Fighters in those days. That kind of graphical power was so new, they actually had FEWER characters per-game than most 2D fighters! The game has eight selectable characters, and six Sub-Bosses, each of whom becomes playable later. Then there's the Boss and Secret Character.

1) Kazuya Mishima- The Main Character of sorts, an ambitious karate guy out to usurp his evil father.
2) Nina Williams- HOLY SHIT A BLONDE SECRET AGENT IN A FIGHTING GAME, WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT.
3) Jack- Part of a never-ending series of upgraded robots. Gets a new "version" in each game, sometimes being destroyed between them.
4) Paul Phoenix- Red-clad American guy with "Guile Hair".
5) Marshall Law- Bruce Lee Clone. Paul's friend.
6) King- Jaguar-masked luchadore.
7) Michelle Chang- Chinese/Native American Environmentalist.
8) Yoshimitsu- Ninja Robin Hood. Gets a crazy redesign with each generation.
9) Lee Chaolan- Heihachi's adopted son and a rival to Kazuya. Copies Law's moves.
10) Anna Williams- Nina's sister and rival. Copies her moves. Follows her to each game.
11) Prototype Jack- Rival to Jack, copies his moves. Prototype version, obviously.
12) Armor King- King's rival in lucha libre. Copies his moves.
13) Ganryu- Sumo wrestler working for Kazuya. Rivals to, and in love with, Michelle.
14) Wang Jinrei- Mandatory "Old Man Fighter".
15) Kuma- A FREAKIN' BEAR. Paul's rival. Copies Heihachi's moves.
16) Heihachi Mishima- The Final Boss. Kazuya's father, and the cruel head of the Mishima Zaibatsu.
17) Devil Kazuya- Kazuya's most evil version.

TEKKEN 2 (1995):
* This game re-uses every character from the first, then adds a handful of new guys. Two main selectable ones (Jun & Lei), and a few new Sub-Bosses. Kazuya & Heihachi have now switched places, with Devil Kazuya being the Final Boss.

18) Lei Wulong- Hong Kong police detective, inspired by Jackie Chan.
19) Jun Kazama- Peaceful, nature-loving nice girl, out to purify Kazuya.
20) Bruce Irvin- Kazuya's minion. A black kickboxer.
21) Baek Doo San- A Korean Taekwondo master who beat up Law's students.
22) Kunimitsu- Yoshimitsu's trainee gone rogue.
23) Roger- Joke Character. A Boxing Kangaroo.
24) Alex- "Player 2" version of Roger. A Boxing Velociraptor.
25) Angel- "Player 2" version of Devil Kazuya, with the same powers. A female angel.

TEKKEN 3 (1997):
* Controversially, this game takes place nineteen years in the future. While many of the male characters return, almost all of the women are replaced. Many characters leave the game to be swapped for a Moveset Clone, as well. The characters who are gone include Michelle Chang, Marshall Law, Kazuya Mishima (thought killed by Heihachi), Angel, Kunimitsu, Ganryu, Lee Chaolan, Roger, Alex, Bruce, Prototype Jack, and Baek Doo San- Michelle, Kunimitsu, & P. Jack never return to the tournament, and Michelle is replaced by her identical adopted daughter, Julia. Jun Kazama, Kuma and King are DEAD, replaced by their children or successors. Our new main character is Jin Kazama, the son of Kazuya & Jun. The Final Boss is Ogre.

26) Jin Kazama- The mourning son of the deceased Jun. Seeks revenge against Ogre for her death. Has a complicated relationship with his father, Kazuya.
27) Hwoarang- Jin's cocky rival, the student of Baek Doo San.
28) King II- A boy from King's orphanage, trained by Armor King to carry on his legacy.
29) Kuma II- Kuma's son, Kuma having died of old age. Replaces him from then on.
30) Panda- "Player 2" version of Kuma, but a distinct character in continuity. Copies his moves.
31) Forrest Law- Marshall's identical son. Unpopular and never reappears.
32) Eddy Gordo- The infamous spam-happy capoeria fighter.
33) Ling Xiaoyu- Token "Teenage Girl" from China. Wants to build her own amusement park.
34) Julia Chang- Michelle's adopted daughter. Copies her look and moves nearly exactly.
35) Tiger Jackson- Joke Character. "Moveset Clone" of Eddy.
36) Bryan Fury- Brutal resurrected cyborg. Moveset Clone of Bruce.
37) Doctor Bosconovitch- Joke Character. Crippled doctor who built the Jacks and did most of the high-tech stuff in the series.
38) Gon- Guest Star from a manga series. A tiny dinosaur.
39) Mokujin- Joke Character. A living training dummy.
40) Ogre- The Final Boss.
41) True Ogre- Ogre's Final Form.

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT (1999):
* An out-of-continuity fun game that brings back every character from all three games.

42) Tetsujin- Golden form of Mokujin.
43) Unknown- A strange, glowing Final Boss.

TEKKEN 4 (2001):
* A proper sequel, bringing back Kazuya, Marshall Law, and Lee Chaolan (as "Violet"). It drops Forrest Law, Anna Williams, Wang, Tiger, Doctor B, Gon, Mokujin, Tetsujin, Unknown, Armor King, Jack, Ogre, & True Ogre. Forrest never returns to the franchise, and Armor King & Ogre are DEAD.

44) Christie Monteiro- A Moveset Clone of Eddy. A scantily-clad capoeria fighter>
45) Craig Marduk- A giant Vale Tudo fighter. Killer of Armor King.
46) Steve Fox- British Boxer. Nina's son (sort of).
47) Miharu Hirano- Moveset Clone of her friend, Ling.
48) Combot- Robot with random fighters' moves.

TEKKEN 5 (2004):
* The fifth game brings back several old names- Bruce, Anna, Jack, Wang, Ganryu, Mokujin & Baek return. Miharu & Combot are the only characters missing.

49) Asuka Kazama- Jun & Jin's relative, using Jin's older style.
50) Feng Wei- Brutal Kung Fu guy.
51) Sergei Dragunov- Mysterious Russian secret agent.
52) Raven- US Government operative.
53) Lili Rochefort- Spoiled rich teen girl fighter.
54) Armor King II- A mysterious successor to the original. Turns out to be his brother, hunting Craig Marduk.
55) Roger Jr.- Roger's wife carries his son in her pouch, and both wear boxing gloves.
56) Devil Jin- Final Form of Jin Kazama.
57) Jinpachi Mishima- Heihachi's thought-dead father.

TEKKEN 6 (2007):
* Numerous characters miss the series again- Jinpachi returns to death.

58) Zafina- Middle Eastern fighter trying to prevent Jin & Kazuya from meeting an setting off a cataclysm.
59) Leo Kliesen- Girly boy fighter.
60) Alisa Bosconovitch- Doctor B's android "daughter".
61) Bob Richards- Big fat guy, using his weight to improve his style.
62) Miguel Caballero Rojo- A violent Spaniard seeking to kill Jin after his sister died in a bombing raid.
63) Lars Alexanderssen- Another adopted son of the Mishimas. Classic "Overly-Complex Anime Character Clothes" Syndrome.
64) Azazel- Final Boss.

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 (2011):
* Once again, they bring back basically EVERYBODY. A few extras are thrown in, too, including Julia Chang under a mask (as "Jaycee" the luchadore) and "Slim Bob", who is Bob Richards with no obesity.

65) Sebastian- Lili's butler. Joke Character.

TEKKEN 7 (2015):
* The latest game in the series dumps a lot of the older charaters- Wang Jinrei, Azazel & Baek Doo San are killed in the sixth game. Ganryu, Raven, Zafina, Christie (but not Eddy), Roger Jr., and Sebastian are also gone. And it adds the biggest number since Tekken 3- a staggering amount of newbies and Guest Stars, owing to the modern era of Downloadable Content (DLC).

66) Master Raven- Raven's boss, and my Tekken waifu. Ridiculously hot, with cool dreads and a killer physique.
67) Katarina Alves- Latina savate fighter. Her adoptive father is the mutated Gigas.
68) Claudio Serafino- Exorcist out to stop the Devil Gene-carriers.
69) Lucky Chloe- J-Pop Idol Singer who dresses like a giant kitty. The focus of a culture war between Japanese & Western fans.
70) Josie Rizal- Filipino fighter. A total crybaby afraid of bears.
71) Shaheen- Middle Eastern male fighter.
72) Eliza- Female vampire.
73) Kazumi Mishima- Kazuya's mother and Heihachi's "late" wife. Secret Boss.
74) Devil Kazumi- She has the Devil Gene, too.
75) Gigas- Mutated monster. Final Boss.
76) Akuma- Yes, Street Fighter's Akuma is a Secret Character.
77) Geese Howard- Holy shit, YES. Even Geese from the SNK games is here.
78) Negan- Guest Star from The Walking Dead. Carries a baseball bat.
79) Noctis- Guest Star from Final Fantasy XV. All Square male protagonists are the same these days.

There's also a pair of games that cross over with Capcom's characters- Street Fighter X Tekken and Namco X Capcom- no new characters were created that I can tell, but I'll make note of it in the bios. These games, of course, are not in continuity.

Power Levels in the Tekken-Verse:
* Tekken is a bit tricky to determine as far as PLs are concerned, because the game both has a vast history AND a ton of characters. The fighting styles are less realistic than those of Virtua Fighter, but not as much as Capcom & Netherrealm's games, so the characters are kind of between them on the "surreality" scale. As such, I think the VF baseline of PL 8 is quite suitable for MOST of the characters, but not quite all. With Fighting Games, I go on the general assumption that characters who don't reappear weren't that great, and as such have lower PLs. And that the base PL goes up over the years, with people starting out at a lower-level in the debut game, and improving with time. This means that guys who didn't make it out of the first two games have a lower PL, whereas somebody who clears the entire series has a higher one. So there's far more PL 9s than VF, but the average PL is still pretty close to 8.

Some characters are also given canonical victories- the Mishima Clan, Paul Phoenix and a few others are treated like dominant fighters and are given wins.

PL 7:
* Newbie characters who haven't been developed yet (Zafina, Bob, Josie).
* Early characters who never made it to Tekken 3 (Michelle, Kuma I).
* Characters who made only one or two games, and then vanished.

PL 7.5:
* Established characters who still miss many games- typically "Sub-Boss" types (Bruce, Ganryu, Wang, Baek).

PL 8:
* Established characters who aren't a big part of the narrative, despite recurring often (Julia, Xiaoyu).
* Minor characters with power-boosts as part of their offense, or a specialty towards defense (Claudio, Wang).

PL 8.5:
* Major threats in one game only (NANCY).
* Recurring powerful fighters (Paul, Steve Fox).

PL 9:
* Elite fighters who recur in nearly every game, and are given prominent roles in the story (Nina, Bryan Fury).
* Possible canonical victories over high-end competition (Hwoarang).
Jabroniville

Steve Fox

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

STEVE FOX
Role:
Boxer
First Appearance: Tekken 4
Total Appearances: Tekken 4-7, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
PL 9 (102)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Discovering His Past)- Steve is a mysterious orphan.
Enemy (The Mafia, The Mishima Zaibatsu)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 14 (102)

-Steve Fox was one of the big new characters of Tekken 4 (meaning I'm completely unfamiliar with him), and is a British Boxer who fights against the bad guys. He's also a Wolverine-style "Seeker of His Past", since he's an orphan who remembers nothing, and has mysterious scars. It would turn out years later that he was the biological son of NINA WILLIAMS, having been synthetically conceived in a lab in order to make a great test subject for the Mishima Zaibatsu's experiments. However, one of the doctors on the project felt for the boy, and faked his death- arranging to have him adopted in England. In one game, he faces the Mafia, having had a price put on his head for refusing to throw a fight.

-Steve is considered one of the best fighters in the series, in spite of his general lack of kicks- he can bob and weave with the best of them, and has a great high/low game that avoids many attacks. This pressures opponents, which can really mess up their strategy. Not really a major character in the series, he's still recurring, and I gave him extra ranks of Improved Critical to showcase his power, as well as hitting PL 8.5 (PL 9 when you include his Parry, which is said to be one of the best in the game). One of his moves is a Dempsey Roll (called an "Endless Roll" here), a move invented by Jack Dempsey eons ago, but popularized in Japan by Hajime no Ippo's main character, Ippo Makanouchi, who used it as his Finishing Move.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Street FIghter X Tekken does notably include the infamous "Bad Box Art" (from the US boxart of the original NES game) version of Mega Man as a playable fighter, as well as Pac-Man riding a Mokujin robot, and the Playstation version includes Toro and Kuro, a pair of tiny chibi cats that I think are Sony of Japan's mascots.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:40 pm "WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT!"

One thing that still sticks out to me is the absurd anime movie adaptation of Tekken 2. It's really absurd and definitely nowhere near the quality of the Street FIghter II one, but it does have the amazing scene where MIchelle throws a tomahawk at Heihachi and the dude just catches it in his mouth and crushes it. As well as T-REXES THAT CAN GO INVISIBLE. Yes, seriously.

do you mean.....THIS ONE?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH3KDsLoPIs
FuzzyBoots

Re: Steve Fox

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:57 pm STEVE FOX
Jacobus as Steve Fox

And his notes:
Breakdown - I was taking boxing classes while doing Steve's movelist, and while he's entirely boxing-based, his moves seem to be on the lax side of boxing. Turns out Steve was mocapped by someone who worked in the Namco offices who happened to have some boxing experience. This is likely what's at the bottom of Steve's unique feel.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.