Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Builds! (Kitty Pryde! Sunfire! Shadrac! Steel Serpent! Sabra!)

Post by greycrusader »

I remember seeing a previous write-up for the SHIELD Super-Agents for the old Marvel Super-Heroes game, which is the only reason I was familiar with them; and it was later written THREE out of FOUR were Hydra infiltrators?! That's worse than the first incarnation, where only HALF were double-agents.

Is there ANY other SHIELD story other than "they've been corrupted/turned by Hydra...again...yes, really...yes, since LAST WEEK...

All my best.
Arcaene

Re: The Shadowmasters

Post by Arcaene »

Jabroniville wrote: Neat! How were the characters differentiated from each other? I couldn't find enough info to make separate statlines for them.
From what I've seen, not really much, apart from separate "normal world" skills.
One of them works as a marine biologist and is also skilled in Aikido.
Other than that, not much in difference from what I've seen.
The Dude abides, man...
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Batgirl III wrote:Have you seen what ballet dancers do to their feet? Shudder I dated a dance student, off and on, for a few years at university. Gorgeous young woman as long as you didn't look at her bare feet.

You can't unsee what I've seen.

(And I say this as someone who was an obsessive long-distance swimmer at the time... Which isn't exactly conducive to aesthetically pleasing feet.)
I'm curious, what about long-distance swimming messes up your feet?
Formerly luketheduke86
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

L-Space wrote:I'm curious, what about long-distance swimming messes up your feet?
Three words: Hyper-mobile ankle joints.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*** Takes out notepad... top of page is written... Things I never expected to learn on an RPG site...

Adds current date and subject... ***
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

The S-Men

Post by Jabroniville »

THE S-MEN:
Created by: Rick Remender & John Cassaday
First Appearance: Uncanny Avengers #1 (Oct. 2012)

-The S-Men (For Johann Schmidt, compared to Xavier's "X-Men") are The Red Skull's Job Squad at the beginning of Uncanny Avengers. I was a bit put out to find them all introduced, and then casually ignored and swept aside for the Never-Ending Apocalypse Twin Story (I actually forgot about them completely until Crinos mentioned them), but thinking about it... they're more or less a modern-day example of what I now call a "Sketchpad Character" team. Essentially a gag on how some artists just compulsively create characters and want to throw them out there, and if the writers agree to use them, suddenly we have a new team of Jobbers with little personality and some visual quirks to them. The Dark Riders or Mutant Liberation Front are the best '90s examples, though Greg Capullo did the same thing with the second incarnation of Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.

-In other words, The S-Men exist solely because John Cassaday had some ideas on his sketchpad (you can tell they're his because they all have swirly armour and giant gauntlets- he did the same stuff with the Breakworlders in his Astonishing X-Men run), and wanted a use for them. I mean, Rob Liefeld did this ALL THE TIME at the tail end of his New Mutants run, just dumping guy after guy onto the M.L.F. So who am I to begrudge Remender & Cassaday for doing the same thing with this group of uggos?

-The team is a band of mutated humans who are gathered together by the Red Skull (who has transplanted the psionic brain of Charles Xavier into his own body, thus becoming an Omega-Level psyker in his own right) on his campaign to destroy mutantkind as an abberation. Naturally, the villains do well at first, but the heroes roar back and get the win. That's about it for the S-Men, too, as the Uncanny arc meanders about with several unimpressive storylines (Attention Remender: No one gives a shit about your "Havok/Wasp" subplot and them being one-true-loves and getting married & producing a child in the future. Just give it up. Also, your Mary Sue Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch creation of the High Evolutionary? Villain Sue Personified), never really getting back to them. And then, in the AXIS storyline's opening, the Red Skull forms himself into an Onslaught-level being, begins throwing Mutants into concentration camps, and is then assaulted by the LAST guy you want to do this in front of: Magneto. And Magneto, in a fit of rage, effortlessly kills the ENTIRE S-MEN, because that's how little they ever mattered. Rick Remender is just... NOT a good comic book writer. My Captain America collecting friend says his Cap stuff is even worse for the "Mary Sue" character (Cap's "son" from the Arnim Zola-verse).

THE GOAT-FACED GIRL
Created By:
Rick Remender & John Cassaday
First Appearance: The Uncanny Avengers #1 (Dec. 2012)
Role: What a Furry Would Look Like in Real Life
PL 14 (148)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Power Nullification" Nullify All Mutant Powers 14 (Extras: Perception Range, Selective, Area, Effortless, Broad, Simultaneous) [98]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Nullification -- (+14 Perception-Ranged Nullify, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Mutants)
Prejudice (Looks Like a Goat)

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 98 / Defenses: 9 (148)

-The Goat-Faced Girl is one of those classic "Ugly Character" designs, but the character never says anything. She Nullifies the mutant powers of Rogue, Scarlet Witch & Wolverine over the course of the story, but she's easily KO'd by Rogue, who uses her power to Nullify Red Skull's use of Xavier's Telepathy, helping to save the day. She can effectively Nullify the powers of anyone she sees, doing so selectively and dogpiling Extras onto it, proving quite expensive. Like most Nullification powers in comics, it's never shown NOT working, which means it must be high enough in effect.

DANGEROUS JINN
Created By:
First Appearance: The Uncanny Avengers #2 (Jan. 2013)
Role: Evil Genie
PL 7 (102)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (History) 8 (+9)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Attack (Blast) 2 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"No Legs" Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Energy Blasts +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Looks Like a Pink Genie)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 10 (102)

-This guy is so hilariously background it's ridiculous. He appears to throw some Energy Blasts at a woman who just recently gained mutant powers, misses her, then gets Cap's shield thrown right into his face. That's it- that's his entire contribution to this story. He's apparently an Immortal Genie, but these are his only shown powers, making him a very minor loser.

LIVING WIND
Created By:
First Appearance: The Uncanny Avengers #2 (Jan. 2013)
Role: Background Loser
PL 9 (88)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]

"Snake Tail"
Extra Limb 1 [1]
Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]

"Pouch of Wind" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [17]
"Blows Them Down While Being Mean" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Dazed/Prone & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) Linked to Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (28 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Energy Blasts +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Looks Like a Fuzzy Gargoyle)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 8--9 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 11 (88)

-Living Wind is arguably the most minor character of the group- he stands there, looks funny, and throws some kind of Talking Wind that jumps out of his pouch and throws people around. Funnily enough, he basically vanishes during the final fight and we never find out if he gets hit or anything. These are the only powers he's shown using, and even the Snake Tail is just me guessing that it can actually do stuff.

TSAR SULTAN
Created By:
Role: Monster Man
PL 9 (101)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Arm Blades), Startle

Powers:
"Arm Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) Linked to "Cassandra Toxin" Affliction 10 (Fort; Entranced & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Progressive +2) (Flaws: Requires Damage From Blades) [33]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Arm Blades +8 (+8 Damage & +10 Affliction, DC 23 & 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Mutants)- The Insect's family was killed in a house fire set off by a crazed mutant.
Quirk (Painful Transformation)- The transformation into Insectoid Form is incredibly painful.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 7 (101)

-Tsar Sultan (a pretty redundant name) actually gets the most "credit" of his team in terms of dealing damage- he shoves his Arm Spike thing RIGHT THROUGH the Scarlet Witch (she of course gets better with a bit of medical help), then stabs Wolverine, rendering him a gibbering wreck for several panels.

MZEE
Created By:
Role: Monster Man
PL 10 (95)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 1 (+2)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Slam Attacks)

Powers:
"Unstoppable" Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]
Impervious Toughness 11 [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Mutants)- Mzee hid in a drum while Magneto's henchmen killed his family.
Prejudice (Giant Tortoise Man)

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 7 (95)

-Among the funnier elements of the S-Men is Mzee the Tortoise Man (named for Mzee, the tortoise than befriended a hippopotamus in a zoo), a young man whose family was murdered by Magneto's henchmen, and then had a magical Emerald placed within his heart that transformed him using the power of an ancient God. He comes in, slams Thor through a wall, boasts about his great power and how he is stronger than anything of Earth... and Thor says he's not of Earth and one-shots him with Mjolnir. I mean, now THAT is embarrassing!

-Mzee is basically "All Talk" and has zero credibility- I can hardly think of ANY Powerhouse of any sort that could be one-punched so easily. I mean SURE it's Thor, but come on- the guy had New Villain Stink going his way and he STILL went down like he had an A.I.M. costume on. He's said to hit Thor almost as hard as he's ever been hit, but he's a maximum of PL 10 with THAT history behind him. With Toughness +13, he's got a 20% chance of going down in one hit to Thor's +18 Mjolnir toss (+13 vs. DC 33 Toughness Check), and it's even worse if Thor was Power Attacking (which he would be, since it's Thor and he's fighting a Powerhouse).

HONEST JOHN
Created By:
Role: Mind Controller-Ish Guy
PL 12 (96)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
Deception 4 (+10)
Expertise (Politics) 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+10)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
Illusion (Visual) 14 (Flaws: Limited to Individuals' Most-Trusted Target) (Feats: Feature- Appears as Different Subjects to Different People) [15]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Daze & Fascinate (Deception, Persuasion) [4]
"Extremely Convincing Propaganda" Affliction 12 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Sustained +2, Area- Visual Perception) [60]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Propaganda +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 78 / Defenses: 5 (96)

-Honest John is a fresh take on the old "Mind Controller" aspect- unlike most, he creates a very persuasive mental effect that happens when you look at him- everyone sees their own most-trusted figure in him (most people see an individual of their own race, while Thor saw his own father Odin... apparently forgetting all those times Odin's been an asshole to him for no reason), and then immediately goes out and does what he says. It COULD be Enhanced Persuasion, but to be honest, it'd take one BUGGER of a Persuasion Roll to convince someone to stab their own child to death, or get Thor to turn on The Avengers, so I'm going with Cumulative, Sustained Mind Control. It'd be a bit redundant with The Red Skull on the team, if not for the fact that Honest John can deliver his mind-altering propaganda via television sets.

DANCING WATER
Created By:
Role: Water Girl
PL 8 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 2 (+2)
Perception 2 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Water) 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Lady of Water"
Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Precise) [6]
Swimming 6 (16 mph) [6]
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure) [2]
Immunity 40 (Bludgeoning, Slashing & Piercing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [20]

"Pool of Water" Teleport 10 (Extras: Extended, Portal +2, Accurate) (Flaws: Medium- Pools of Water) (50) -- [51]
AE: "Water Cannon" Blast 8 (Diminished Range -1) (15)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Water Cannon +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 85 / Defenses: 8 (143)

-Dancing Water is my favourite member of the team, though like the others she doesn't do a whole lot- she's seen Teleporting, Blasting and being Insubstantial, making a lot of the build merely the likely attributes of someone made of water (ie. Half-Immunity to Kinds of Damage).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Re: The S-Men

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote:
the Red Skull (who has transplanted the psionic brain of Charles Xavier into his own body, thus becoming an Omega-Level psyker in his own right)
The the Red Skull has Xavier's brain, why did he still act like the Red Skull? Does he keep his personality and memories somewhere else?
Jabroniville

Re: The S-Men

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:
the Red Skull (who has transplanted the psionic brain of Charles Xavier into his own body, thus becoming an Omega-Level psyker in his own right)
The the Red Skull has Xavier's brain, why did he still act like the Red Skull? Does he keep his personality and memories somewhere else?
He still has his own brain- he just affixed parts of Xavier's to himself. He probably left bits out.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Solution to every inconsistentcy: Comic book logic
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

L-Space wrote:I'm curious, what about long-distance swimming messes up your feet?
You're swimming distances of 10 km (or more) and usually in open water. Ever spend too much time in the bathtub? ;)

Then there's things like ankle tendinitis; athletes foot, swimmers' itch, and other fungi; cuts, chaffing, and other minor injuries that build up over time; corynebacteria and other microbial "guests"; and so on and so forth... And that's assuming you don't actually sustain any serious injuries or major infections.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Batgirl III wrote:You're swimming distances of 10 km (or more) and usually in open water. Ever spend too much time in the bathtub? ;)

Then there's things like ankle tendinitis; athletes foot, swimmers' itch, and other fungi; cuts, chaffing, and other minor injuries that build up over time; corynebacteria and other microbial "guests"; and so on and so forth... And that's assuming you don't actually sustain any serious injuries or major infections.
Ah yes, I can definitely see how all those could cause some problems :o.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Stained Glass Scarlet

Post by Jabroniville »

STAINED GLASS SCARLET (Scarlet Fasinera)
Created By:
Doug Moensch, Bill Sienkiewicz & Jim Shooter
First Appearance: Moon Knight #14 (Dec. 1981)
Role: Mysterious Lady In Red
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (113)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Religion) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Streetwise) 5 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Crossbow) 2 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Crossbow +4), Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Crossbow) 2, Power Attack, Precise Shot (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 6, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Psychic Bond" Senses 1 (Communication Link- Moon Knight) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Crossbow +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+11 Armor), Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Motivation (Vengeance)- Scarlet murders criminals, blaming them for her husband and son's failures.
Responsibility (Bad Past)- Scarlet is one of those women who is a magnet for abusive behavior- her father abused her badly enough that she murdered him, and her husband was similarly brutal. Given her attraction to Moon Knight, she possibly has a thing for dangerous men.
Responsibility (Crazy)- Scarlet's actions can seem rather random and insane- she'll call Moon Knight an "angel", but then shoot him in the face with a crossbow.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 6 (113)

-Appearing in a handful of Moon Knight issues (I have a Limited Series in which she briefly appears), Stained Glass Scarlet is an "Elektra"-like Mysterious Sexy Lady who figures into Marc Spector's life. She is an ex-nun who became a vigilante after killing her... criminal son? How the hell old is she? She looks the same as every other woman in comics! I mean, MILFs are rad and all, but if you're gonna given someone an adult son, give 'em the age lines to prove it, ya know? WRINKLES CAN BE SEXY TOO, YOU ASS-BAGS!!!

-She has a very dark and crazy past, having murdered her abusive father by lighting his bed with a cigarette- she later married a criminal named Vince Fasinera, and did the "I can CHANGE him!" thing that Bad-Boy types can bring out in foolhardy women. This ended in tragedy, with Vince dying, and her son becoming a crook himself. Moon Knight tried to stop a murderous Scarlet from slaying everyone who'd ever helped lead her son down the path of crime, but eventually let her escape. Some weird stuff happened (I can't tell if Scarlet died and was resurrected, or characters merely thought she did), but she kind of threatened Moon Knight, "my angel", a few times, and later formed a psychic link with him. She was last seen jumping off a bridge to escape capture, but no body was ever found. She comes off like a pretty crazy chick we're supposed to think is that Hot & Mysteriously-Sexy type that often shows up in hard-boiled detective stories (the FEMALE version of the "Bad-Boy I-Can-Save-Him" concept).

-Scarlet comes off like a pretty good PL 8 Ranged Attack kind of character. Power Attack and Improved Aim go far with her, and she's REALLY good with the Crossbow, but fits more into Marc Spector's lower-PL world.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jabroniville

Sinsear

Post by Jabroniville »

SINSEAR
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Art Thibert
First Appearance: Cable #1 (May 1993)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: Future Armies
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Technology 6 (+9)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Equipment 3 (Assorted Gear), Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Killer Cyborg"
"Parabolic Slicing Blades" Blast 8 (Feats: Homing 2, Ricochet 3) (21) -- [23]
  • AE: Plasma Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (19)
  • AE: "Retractable Coils" Snare 8 (Flaws: Limited to One Target -2) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Slicing Blades +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Retractable Coils +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (Cable)- Sinsear despises Cable for sparing his life- as a result of that moment of mercy, he was painfully transformed into a hideous cyborg by his masters.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 12 (126)

-Sinsear is an enemy from Cable's ongoing series, back when he was one of the hottest characters in comics (oh, Nineties). From Cable's future, he was badly injured in an attack on Cable's crew, and Cable showed mercy- an act for which Sinsear has never forgiven, as his people found him and painfully transformed him into a cyborg- a one-man army who would go on to kill thousands. He hunts for Cable for committing the crime of not killing him when he was vulnerable.

-Eventually, Sinsear is sent to the past, with the mission to kill fellow time-travellers Cable & Tyler Dayspring (Cable's son, the criminal Tolliver and the future Genesis). Since Tylers was thought-dead at the time, Sinsear abducts Cable and fights him in a knock-down, drag-out fight that sees him suck the energy out of Cable's mechanical parts, then try to kill him with a flying razorblade. However, Cable is able to get to the control center and disables Sinsear's gear, then beats the living hell out of the would-be assassin. Later on, Sinsear attempts to return to his own time to find a way to reverse his cybernetics, but ultimately chooses to sacrifice himself to save Cable & Bishop, realizing that true humanity comes from within and stuff.

-For a guy who talks so tough, Sinsear seems to go down pretty easy, but that's also because Cable depowered him partway through the fight. Some images show him tearing through metal, and I got his weaponry off of a Marvel Wiki bio, but there is REALLY not a lot out there about him. I figure PL 9 is good enough (it could almost be overdoing it, but he WAS doing good damage to Cable, who is actually pretty high-level).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
M4C8

Re: Sinsear

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

SINSEAR
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Art Thibert
First Appearance: Cable #1 (May 1993)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: Future Armies
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Technology 6 (+9)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Equipment 3 (Assorted Gear), Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Killer Cyborg"
"Parabolic Slicing Blades" Blast 8 (Feats: Homing 2, Ricochet 3) (21) -- [23]
  • AE: Plasma Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (19)
  • AE: "Retractable Coils" Snare 8 (Flaws: Limited to One Target -2) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Slicing Blades +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Retractable Coils +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (Cable)- Sinsear despises Cable for sparing his life- as a result of that moment of mercy, he was painfully transformed into a hideous cyborg by his masters.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 12 (126)

-Sinsear is an enemy from Cable's ongoing series, back when he was one of the hottest characters in comics (oh, Nineties). From Cable's future, he was badly injured in an attack on Cable's crew, and Cable showed mercy- an act for which Sinsear has never forgiven, as his people found him and painfully transformed him into a cyborg- a one-man army who would go on to kill thousands. He hunts for Cable for committing the crime of not killing him when he was vulnerable.

-Eventually, Sinsear is sent to the past, with the mission to kill fellow time-travellers Cable & Tyler Dayspring (Cable's son, the criminal Tolliver and the future Genesis). Since Tylers was thought-dead at the time, Sinsear abducts Cable and fights him in a knock-down, drag-out fight that sees him suck the energy out of Cable's mechanical parts, then try to kill him with a flying razorblade. However, Cable is able to get to the control center and disables Sinsear's gear, then beats the living hell out of the would-be assassin.

-For a guy who talks so tough, Sinsear seems to go down pretty easy, but that's also because Cable depowered him partway through the fight. Some images show him tearing through metal, and I got his weaponry off of a Marvel Wiki bio, but there is REALLY not a lot out there about him. I figure PL 9 is good enough (it could almost be overdoing it, but he WAS doing good damage to Cable, who is actually pretty high-level).
The one thing I remember about Sinsear is that in his final appearance he does the noble sacrifice thing saving Cable and Bishop.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Shadrac! Steel Serpent! Sabra! The S-Men! S.G. Scarlet!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Sinsear doesn't have nearly enough pouches, swords, and big honkin' guns to be a Nineties character! (looks at the 1993 first appearance date) Ah, so that explains it. He's an early Nineties character. The form was still in the prototype stage.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.