Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Davos! Sabra! S-Men! Stained Glass Scarlet! Storm!)

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote:I'd figured Storm for being about a PL 12 anyway, just based on what I've picked up from years of reading builds like these
Storm doesn't have a lot of "high power" showings or Area Attacks to her name- she's simply powerful and versatile. Almost none of the X-Men are PL 12.
Jabroniville

The Starblasters

Post by Jabroniville »

THE STARBLASTERS
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Glenn Herding
First Appearance: Quasar #53 (Dec. 1993)
Role: Evil Alien Team
PL 7 (78)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Space Pirates) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+4)
Technology 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Space Swords +3, Blasters +5), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Space Sword +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blasters +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (78)

-Mark Gruenwald created these guys for a Quasar arc in which the Star Brand (from the New Universe) found itself floating around the mainstream Marvel U, and Quasar's girlfriend got attached to it. The Starblasters were a band of Space Pirates out searching for the same thing. The arc surrounding this actually crossed over into The Secret Defenders, The Fantastic Four and other books- the ever-helpful Unofficial Appendix to the Marvel U site includes alot of info about this- Gru was concerned over the low sales of Quasar, and sought to create interest in it via this crossover, and a resulting Star Masters ongoing series. Unfortunately, the whole thing, which I've never heard about until just now, was "a mess" (three characters, Xlyym, Zardock & Nygorn, undergo constant mispellings of their names, largely because their names are weirdly alien), and the series was delayed for two years. The Starblasters only appeared once more- in Maximum Security, a largely-forgotten "Event Series" in which Earth was used as a prison planet for alien criminals.

Starblasters Members:

FABRIKANT- PL 8 (88): ST 6, STA 7, FIGHTING 7 [10]
-Fabrikant is super-strong, but appears to have no inner weapons like other members of his species (Autocrons)- he just uses weapons like the others.

CODABAC- PL 8 (88): ST 5, STA 6, "Four Arms" Extra Limbs 2 [10]
-Four-armed and half-purple, Codabac was not seen in Maximum Security- it's possible he was killed during a hull breach in Quasar. He typically went into battle all '90s-style, with all four hands filled with swords & guns.

INSIDIO- PL 8 (96): Communication (Mental) 4, Mind-Reading 8, Affliction 6- Will; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed Mind, Perception Range, Flaws: Must Leave Own Mind) [18]
-An Ovoid with a goofy spherical pink helmet, he was the team Telepath.

KREEG- PL 8 (84): ST 5, STA 5 [6]
-A large, possibly-strong reptilian alien who is only seen in two early issues of the crossover, and then not seen again.

SKAR- PL 9 (87): "Energy Swords" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Split), Improved Critical (Swords), FIGHTING 10, Dodge 10 [9]
-A being who looks identical to a "Skar" from the Killraven series- right down to the outfit. No connection is ever explained. He wields two energy-swords, but demonstrates no super-powers.

THREKKER- PL 8-10 (94): Weaken Stamina 8, Growth 8 (Flaws: Source- Life Energy) [16]
-An Epsiloni who can drain others of life energy, thus giving him power. It's possible he's the same creature as the "Captive" who was trapped for thousands of years in a black hole, and was planning on using humanity as cattle to forever feed its hunger for energy (he exploded in that story, but was said to be the last of his race). Not one of Jack Kirby's more memorable creations.

That thing looks like it's comin' out of her nose.

TRIESTE- PL 8 (114): ST 5, STA 5, Ranged Combat (Desalinizer) 2 (+10), Swimming 8 (120 mph), Immunity 5 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure, Poison, Radiation), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision), "Desalinizer" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (Dim. Range -2) Linked to Weaken Stamina 6 (Extras: Ranged) (Dim. Range -2), AE: Stab +2, AE: Thrown +2 [36]
-A water-breathing Banari who wielded a "Desalinizer" that could drain the salt from a victim's body. Appearing only in the Namor portions of the crossover, she was revealed to be a sister-wife of Tamara Rahn, another Banari who'd become a supporting cast member in Namor's book. She had a "Skullhugger" brainwash device on her head, and put one on Triton (the Inhuman). Tamara removed both of their Skullhuggers, but doing so caused a fatal injury to Trieste.

XLYYM- PL 7 (122): INT 8, Expertise (Science) 8 (+16), Technology 8 (+16), Swimming 6, Immunity 3 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision), Extra Limbs 8 [44]
-Xlyym was a disgusting, tentacled creature that had brainwashed Trieste into being his "consort" (EWWWWWWW!!!) after his race had taken over the Banari homeworld. A genius scientist, he was part of many world-threatening events during the crossover, but was ultimately maimed by Tiger Shark (who tore off one of his tentacles), who was then Tamara's lover, and finally executed by Tamara for his crimes against her people.

ZARDOCK- PL 8 (86): ST 5, STA 6 [8]
-A strong-looking rock-man. He was a minor character during the story, and was slain by the Russian Storm-God Perun during an invasion.

-There was also a guy called Nygorn/Nyborn (the names are used interchangeably) on the team. He's apparently got Silver Surfer-level powers (in the story, he overpowers and captures the WATCHER), and is a member of the "Monitors", a cosmic-esque race of giants that judge whether other worlds are deserving of their aid. Naturally, Mark Gruenwald is the only person who remembers them.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (S-Men! Stained Glass Scarlet! Storm! The Starblasters!)

Post by Ares »

Storm was always an interesting character to me, and it is both cool and weird to see how much she changed over the years. From innocent outsider to passionate leader to reckless biker chick to stoic leader. I could actually see a case for Storm being somewhat 'temperamental', much like the weather itself. Often calm and serene when inactive, but whenever she moves to action she is very passionate.

And it is very amusing just how much Chris Claremont wore his fetishes on his sleeve. I mean, there's nothing wrong with someone writing what they like, but when you eventually turn 90% of all women you write into butch, contrarian, possible lesbians, you might have an issue.

Storm's look is also one of the more iconic in comics. I think any look for her needs to have her original headdress, her original cape, the thigh high boots, etc.

This actually isn't that bad of a compromise between her original look and her 90's look, but I think the crotch needs to be a little less camel-toe-y, she needs her original headdress, and some work needs to be done on the sleeves and cape, but overall that isn't bad.

Relationship wise, there had actually been some work done in some older Marvel Comics Team Up issues to establish that Storm and T'Challa had some history and could have potentially had a relationship, but the problem was that Huldin came in and Huldin'ed up the whole thing, turning it into a suddenly epic romance with no build up or exploration, just to have Marvel's most prominent black couple in a relationship, which is about as interesting as when Superman and Wonder Woman dated, in that it wasn't for the most part.

Honestly, the person I felt worked best for Ororo was Wolverine. It seemed like a natural fit with Logan's love of strong women, their mutual connection to nature, their passionate attitudes while striving for some self control, etc. Them as a couple would be fun, methinks, in a way Storm and T'Challa wasn't.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hahahaha- goddamn nerds. Every song on YouTube, now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH- ... Ow&index=3

The friggin' Highwaymen sing their big song, and every single clip of it on YouTube is full of nerds going on about Grand Theft Auto V and Mr. Robot. Johnny's Hurt has people talking about Logan and Rick & Morty.

NEVER CHANGE, NERDS.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Storm = The Weather. That's something I didn't really think about, but fits. She's serene, calm and beautiful... but when f*cked with, becomes extraordinarily dangerous. Fewer heroes require more emotional control, when you think about it (one FF issue actually has Sue gaining Johnny's "Human Torch" powers and realizing just how much control he actually has to utilize to avoid going out of control).

I still remember Roger Ebert's review of the X-Men movie: "I can't help wondering how a guy whose knuckles turn into switchblades gets to be the top-ranking superhero. If Storm can control, say, a tropical storm, she's obviously the most powerful, even if her feats here are limited to local climate control." He said he got a TON of mail over that quip, all about how dangerous Wolverine was :).

Claremont actually had kind of a "Romantic Friendship" thing going between Storm & Wolvie- they even kissed each other goodbye before facing the Adversary and certain death. They actually hooked up for realz around the Wolverine & The X-Men book that featured Logan teaching at the Jean Grey School, but it never got the chance to develop terribly far.
Jabroniville

Skeletron

Post by Jabroniville »

His manifestation form, and his true form.

SKELETRON
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Jon Hebink
First Appearance: Quasar #48 (July 1993)
Role: Organic-Hating Techno-Monster
Group Affiliations: The Starblasters
PL 13 (259)
STRENGTH
6/18 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+11)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 8 (+16)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+7, +17 Ful Size)
Perception 5 (+9)
Technology 8 (+16)

Advantages:
Inventor, Ranged Attack 9

Powers:
"Techenium Physiology"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
"Computer-Like Reaction Time" Quickness 8 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Tasks) [4]
"Self-Repair" Regeneration 6 [6]

Growth 12 (Str & Protection +12, +1 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (250 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]
Growth +8 (Str & Protection +20, +20 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) -- (250 feet) (Flaws: Limited to Non-ST & Protection Growth) [8]
Morph 4 (Any Form) (Flaws: Limited to Robotic Forms) [16]
"Lasers, Energy-Siphoning, Etc." Shapeshift 9 [72]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 19)
Growth +8 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Multiple Lasers +10 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +7
"Giant Size" Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +20, Fortitude --, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Rule of the Techenium)- Skeletron wishes for ultimate power, all the better to recreate the Techenium race, and scour the universe of all organic life.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 168 / Defenses: 15 (259)

-Skeletron (which, by the way, is a BITCHING comic book name) is a powerful technological entity who claims that the universe once had as many technology-based entities as organic ones, but that millennia ago, the technos lost a war to the organics, and have been trying to regain their ground ever since. His people slaughtered a peace-loving race, but they created a being called the Chief Examiner, who brought a Star Brand-powered Kayla Ballantine to the "Techenium", and she one-offed their entire Space Fleet in one shot. The Dark Seed was the only ship to escape the massacre- it followed Kayla back to Earth, and attempted to harness the power of the Star Brand for itself. Skeletron himself IS the Dark Seed, and can modify his body into any form.

-Skeletron absorbed some of the Star Brand into himself, killing a few members of his crew. However, The Stranger outwitted Skeletron, and trapped him within the New Universe's dimension, while bringing that Universe's Earth into our own. Skeletron was thus left with ultimate power... within a lifeless, empty universe. Skeletron had been trapped there for since the middle of the 1990s, and may be stuck there forever.

-Skeletron's an odd combination of powerful Robot with the complexities of being a high-Growth character- he IS, in fact, his "Dark Fleet" ship, and the human-sized robot usually seen in the comics is just a manifestation of that form.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Razzputin

Post by Razzputin »

Yeah Storm is just the best. Unfortunately when she gets her big movie she's played by someone who phones it in. I also agree that her and Logan really make sense. It just works.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Razzputin wrote:Yeah Storm is just the best. Unfortunately when she gets her big movie she's played by someone who phones it in. I also agree that her and Logan really make sense. It just works.
I still remember Halle Berry's complaining, before the movie even came out, that roles for black actresses are so scarce that she was "stuck" playing a comic book superhero.

Naturally, a SHITTIER comic book movie would sink her career pretty much for good, and she missed out on the era where EVERY celebrity was begging for a role playing a comic book superhero.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Storm and Wolverine *did* have an actual relationship. It was ongoing just before he died (i.e., before Secret Wars and Old Man Logan). More recently, she and Old Man Logan have had some flirty moments again.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Kitty Pryde! Sunfire! Shadrac! Steel Serpent! Sabra!)

Post by Spectrum »

FuzzyBoots wrote:
L-Space wrote:I'm curious, what about long-distance swimming messes up your feet?
Three words: Hyper-mobile ankle joints.
You mean to tell me, there's a reason why really successful aquatic critters have flippers rather than paws?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Kitty Pryde! Sunfire! Shadrac! Steel Serpent! Sabra!)

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote:
FuzzyBoots wrote:
L-Space wrote:I'm curious, what about long-distance swimming messes up your feet?
Three words: Hyper-mobile ankle joints.
You mean to tell me, there's a reason why really successful aquatic critters have flippers rather than paws?
Yeah, that's what those lady-feets reminded me of---flippers!
Jabroniville

Spindrifter

Post by Jabroniville »

SPINDRIFTER (Marandi Sjörokker)
Created By:
Susan K. Putney & Bernie Wrightson
First Appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel #22 (Jan. 1986)
Role: One-Off Character

-Spindrifter featured in a forgotten edition of the Marvel Graphic Novel series, which was a mixture of one-off stories, big events (The Death of Captain Marvel- the first in the series), and "Test Pilots", much like how TV Studios used to do series of shorts to test the potential audience for prospective series (Love and Happy Days, part of Love, American Style's anthology half-hour, begat Happy Days, for example).

-Spindrifter, hailing from the Cloudsea dimension was the daughter of the brutal Kurudred the Blood Drinker, who I assume was not a nice guy. When his enemies defeated him, they were unsure as to how to handle the 12-year old girl. They decided to wait until she was older... so Kurudred cast a spell that prevented her from aging. Spindrifter thus spend 207 years traveling dimensions, learning magic, and remaining 12 years old in appearance. She eventually moved on to Earth, where she encountered Spider-Man (the novel was actually titled Spider-Man: Hooky), who helped her realize her true potential and defeat a mighty beast that'd come to attack her. The spell preventing her from aging was somehow broken, allowing her to mature naturally.

-The character has never been seen again, and is pretty well obscure. I've never heard of the creative team from the book, either (Wrightson apparently co-created Swamp Thing, and mostly did horror books, which explains that part; Putney is a sci-fi novel author, and this was probably her only comic book). As a "Magic Character", her stats could be pretty much anything, and anywhere from PL 10-12, though they're said to be "on par" with Dr. Strange's. She could at least fly naturally, and travel easily between dimensions.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Shotgun

Post by Jabroniville »

Just what John Romita Jr. needs- an excuse to draw MORE lines on somebody.

SHOTGUN (J.R. Walker)
Created By:
Ann Nocenti & John Romita, Jr.
First Appearance: Daredevil #272 (Nov. 1989)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The CIA, The U.S. Army
PL 8 (114)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (CIA Operative) 5 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 1 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 8 (CIA Gear, Personal Mini-Tank), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns) 2, Precise Attack (Range/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Equipment:
"Kevlar" Protection 1 & Protection 2 (Flaws: Limited to Bullets) (2)
"High-Powered Recoilles Rifle" Blast 6 (Feats: Extended Range, Variable Ammo 2- Concussive/Combustible/Explosive) (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Rifle +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 Kevlar, +7 vs. Bullets), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Reputation (Losers)- The Enforcers are viewed as little more than Mooks compared to other super-villains, and recieve no respect.
Enemy (Spider-Man, Daredevil)

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (114)

-Another Nocenti/JRJr Daredevil villain who's a nasty U.S. government operative, Shotgun is an assassin who ended up fighting DD, but later teamed up with The Punisher to kill the Carbone crime family (the government didn't like them because they weren't the "tame" Mafia they liked). Pretty much your standard Military/Spy Guy Build with some funky ammo- PL 8 is good enough for a guy who hasn't appeared in friggin' years and only hangs with Street Level guys. He's PL 9 against bullets, thanks to his kevlar.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Spindrifter

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

SPINDRIFTER (Marandi Sjörokker)
Created By:
Susan K. Putney & Bernie Wrightson
First Appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel #22 (Jan. 1986)
Role: One-Off Character

-Spindrifter featured in a forgotten edition of the Marvel Graphic Novel series, which was a mixture of one-off stories, big events (The Death of Captain Marvel- the first in the series), and "Test Pilots", much like how TV Studios used to do series of shorts to test the potential audience for prospective series (Love and Happy Days, part of Love, American Style's anthology half-hour, begat Happy Days, for example).

-Spindrifter, hailing from the Cloudsea dimension was the daughter of the brutal Kurudred the Blood Drinker, who I assume was not a nice guy. When his enemies defeated him, they were unsure as to how to handle the 12-year old girl. They decided to wait until she was older... so Kurudred cast a spell that prevented her from aging. Spindrifter thus spend 207 years traveling dimensions, learning magic, and remaining 12 years old in appearance. She eventually moved on to Earth, where she encountered Spider-Man (the novel was actually titled Spider-Man: Hooky), who helped her realize her true potential and defeat a mighty beast that'd come to attack her. The spell preventing her from aging was somehow broken, allowing her to mature naturally.

-The character has never been seen again, and is pretty well obscure. I've never heard of the creative team from the book, either (Wrightson apparently co-created Swamp Thing, and mostly did horror books, which explains that part; Putney is a sci-fi novel author, and this was probably her only comic book). As a "Magic Character", her stats could be pretty much anything, and anywhere from PL 10-12, though they're said to be "on par" with Dr. Strange's. She could at least fly naturally, and travel easily between dimensions.
I actually own the book with this character, and it was a very interesting / trippy book that highlights one strength of the superhero genre: it can handle pretty much anything. Spider-Man gets pulled into this adventure by a young girl from his past who turns out to be a 200 year old sorceress, and winds up journeying to other dimensions and fighting something straight out of Lovecraft. Peter was completely out of his depth and facing a relentless foe that just would not stop trying to kill Marandi. But Peter was just as relentless when it came to defending her, and eventually he figured out how to save the day. Classic Spider-Man. The art was pretty solid for the most part, and subtly trippy.

It's a shame the story is so hard to find, since it's one of the only places you'll see Spider-Man fight a dragon.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Slug

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SLUG (Ulysses X. Lugman)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Paul Neary
First Appearance: Captain America #325 (Jan. 1987)
Role: Kingpin Wannabe, Crime Boss
Group Affiliations: The Maggia, The Lethal Legion
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY -3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 8 (+12)
Expertise (Business) 4 (+8)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+6)

Advantages: 
Benefit 4 (Wealth), Chokehold, Close Combat 3, Connected, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Morbid Obesity" Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]
"Buoyant" Features 1: Floats Naturally in Water [1]
"Too Fat For Drugs" Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
"Wall of Flab" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 3) [6]
"Choking With Fat" Strength-Damage +2 (Flaws: Grab-Based) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Choking With Flab +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Morbidly Obese)- Ulysses is so unbelievably FAT (he weighs in excess of one thousand pounds) that he is incapable of movement without his giant forklilft chair. In recent years, he slimmed down to a mere 600-ish pounds and was able to move on his own. He is also compelled to eat and nearly all times during waking moments.
Disabled (Light-Sensitive)- Ulysses constantly wears dark eyeglasses to avoid his sensitivity to bright lights.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 5 (89)

-The Slug is sort of a low-rent Kingpin, playing on Wilson Fisk's obesity to make a TRULY ponderous "Person of Gravity". Using a massive forklift and other specially-designed vehicles, Ulysses X. Lugman is The Kingpin's Miami drug source, and a wealthy individual in his own right. He ended up becoming the personal nemesis of Nomad during his "grim vigilante" phase, using his obesity to suffocate people within the folds of his flesh, and using his money to get out of trouble. Quickly dealt with, he was seen a couple more times in small roles (including being hunted by the Punisher & Nomad, then fighting Daredevil & Spider-Man)- his offensive powers being very weak, it's usually a case of "Cat & Mouse", with him escaping on a vehicle of some kind. He's since become a recurring background henchman of The Hood, being beaten up by heroes even in his more-mobile form (there was no way his earlier version could have gotten up and moved around on his own). He was revealed to be a Skrull once, and spent time being super-poor lately, but has since popped up as a one-off villain in a few different books, having moved past being a "Nomad Villain". As Nomad is irrelevant (also dead), I don't expect a major comeback for Kingpin Lite (possibly the only time you can call The Slug "Lite" anything) anytime soon.

-The Slug is basically a Big Fat Grappler, though not a bad fighter despite his size. He's so flabby that it's hard to actually HURT HIM, though he won't last long against a superhuman adversary or an elite fighter. Also, it's hard to imagine a comic book character who is EASIER to hit with a ranged weapon, but I gave him some token Dodge (and Parry) to showcase that, like Giant-Size Cosmic Beings, it can be hard to find a "sweet spot" on somebody so big. His signature move was to choke someone with his massive flab (actually a great danger from a one-thousand-pounder with cheese), and is reflected by his increased Damage when he does such a thing. Actually, I'm pretty sure the more modern, mobile Slug actually LOSES some of his stuff because of the weight decrease.