Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Triax Gear! Phase World! Naruni! Prometheans!)

Post by catsi563 »

I don't recall Manhunters but I Do remember Mechanoids distinctly those things were nasty
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

The Intruders did something with solidified light and they looked stupid as hell.

The Mechanoids were great and terrifyingly powerful. I'm kinda glad they never went beyond Rifts Earth.

The Manhunters were somewhere in-between. They were from that sourcebook from Myrmidon Press. The one that Palladium hated. It had GREAT OOCs and RCCs in it thought and was very much a terrific alt setting for Phase World.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Mechanoids were also an early early Palladium game that they harped on for years about bringing back.

IIRC, they were Invid knockoffs with the serial numbers barely scraped off.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidious wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:46 am Any plans for "The Intruders"? I really hated those guys and much preferred using the Manhunters (from the outsourced sourcebook of same name) in their place.
i don’t know who those are. Where are they from?

If they’re NPCs, then no. I have no interest in statting Rifts NPCs.
Jabroniville

Noro Psychic

Post by Jabroniville »

NORO PSYCHIC O.C.C.
Role:
Psionics, Super-Psychics
PL 7 (83 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Space Person) 4 (+6)
Insight 4 (+7)
Perception 6 (+9)
Persuasion 5 (+6)
Technology 5 (+7)
Treatment 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gun, Armor, Gear & Supplies), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Psionics" (Empathy, Object Read, See Aura, Telepathy, Mind Block, Excorcism, Psychic Diagnosis & Surgery, Induce Sleep, Empathic Transmission, Hypnotic Suggestion, Mind-Block Auto-Defense, plus two more)
"Summon Energy Entity"

Equipment:
"Light Armor" Protection 4 (Impervious 5) (9)
"Laser Pistol" Blast 7 (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pistol +6 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+7 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Powers)- Psychics require their inner psychic potential to utilize their powers- this will eventually run out, even for the best Psychics.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 0 + Psionics / Defenses: 11 (83 + Psionics)

-Noro Psychics are the best of the best in terms of psychic power for their race... and have some pretty weak abilities. A smattering of Psionics, plus the ability to summon an Energy Being, some of which may fight, give information, etc. Their skills are also REALLY poor, though they can pick a lot of additional ones. This character is really best-used as an assister or Skill-Monkey, like a lot of Psychics. They are important to the Noro for being the ones to speak to the dead- this gives the race a lot more empathy and reserve than other races have.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:28 pm
Sidious wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:46 am Any plans for "The Intruders"? I really hated those guys and much preferred using the Manhunters (from the outsourced sourcebook of same name) in their place.

The Intruders are mentioned in the Phase World book and some of the follow up Three Galaxies stuff. They were a new threat the Three Galaxies had never seen before, where these diamond-shaped ships would appear out of nowhere and cause devastation before retreating. I believe the ships wound up being essentially being a cockpit that would generate a force field in the diamond shape around the pilot, and the energy would provide thrust and could generate energy blasts. It was sort of like flying a Green Lantern construct.

I don't remember a whole lot else about them tho.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:10 am

The Intruders are mentioned in the Phase World book and some of the follow up Three Galaxies stuff. They were a new threat the Three Galaxies had never seen before, where these diamond-shaped ships would appear out of nowhere and cause devastation before retreating. I believe the ships wound up being essentially being a cockpit that would generate a force field in the diamond shape around the pilot, and the energy would provide thrust and could generate energy blasts. It was sort of like flying a Green Lantern construct.

My only copy of Phase World is with a PDF- I'm going to need exact page numbers. I don't see them in the Index, and there's no OCC. PDF-based reading is agonizing for me (I'm about to just say "no" to any further PDF books because of it and only do the physical books I own), and I'm not going page by page.
Jabroniville

Noro Mystic Warriors

Post by Jabroniville »

NORO MYSTIC WARRIOR O.C.C.
Role:
Ancient Clan of Warriors
PL 8 (95 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3/5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Expertise (Space Person) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Monster Lore) 6 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Perception 6 (+9)
Persuasion 5 (+6)
Technology 5 (+7)
Treatment 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gun, Armor, Gear & Supplies), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Psionics" (Empathy, Object Read, See Aura, Telepathy, Mind Block, plusu two more from each of the four categories)

"Bio-Feedback" Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]
"Mind Blast" Blast 9 [18]

Equipment:
"Light Armor" Protection 4 (Impervious 5) (9)
"Laser Pistol" Blast 7 (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pistol +6 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Mind Blast +6 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+7 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Powers)- Psychics require their inner psychic potential to utilize their powers- this will eventually run out, even for the best Psychics.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 0 + Psionics / Defenses: 11 (95 + Psionics)

-Sadly looking stupid as hell with their spiked mohawks and eyebrows, the Noro Mystic Warriors are part of an ancient, almost forgotten warrior class. Other Noro often try to ignore them or shun them, but the Warriors believe that a race without soldiers will die. They are said to team up with Cosmo-Knights, Undead Slayers and Phase Adepts in their missions against evil- some are bounty hunters, while others are mere vigilantes. The class basically has a smattering of Psionics, a Mind Blast (slightly better than the baseline one- 2D6 MD plus 1D6 per level), and some bad skill choices.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:21 am
Ares wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:10 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:28 pm i don’t know who those are. Where are they from?

My only copy of Phase World is with a PDF- I'm going to need exact page numbers. I don't see them in the Index, and there's no OCC. PDF-based reading is agonizing for me (I'm about to just say "no" to any further PDF books because of it and only do the physical books I own), and I'm not going page by page.
Turns out the Intruders are in Dimension Books 3: Phase World Sourcebook, which goes into additional details about the setting. Page 45.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

I want to say they are from Phase World 2? (yep just confirmed. Phase World SB pg 45)

It's the mysterious race that attacks everyone and we're all so scared of them.... until we actually see them in the book and then they just look to cute to e a threat. Seriously.
M4C8

Re: CCW Troops

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:17 am Image

CCW O.C.C.s
Role:
Baseline Space People
PL 6 (51)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Expertise (Space Guy) 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Gear)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Rifle +4 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +3 (+7 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Good Soldier)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (51)

-There's a solid handful of guys in here who are just "Soldier, But In Space". Like a lot of elite soldiers, they hit PL 8 through their armor and ranged damage, though they'd probably be beaten by your average Juicer.

Consortium O.C.C.s:
CAF TROOPER O.C.C.- PL 7 (59): FIGHTING +1, Athletics +2, Vehicles +2, Equipment +2, Ranged Attack +2 [8]
-Coalition Armed Forces Troopers are the baseline mooks of the CCW. The "equivalent of the Coalition Grunt" according to the book, they actually have options for a lot of skills, though their Class Skills are very generic and forgettable.

CAF FLEET OFFICER O.C.C.- PL 7 (72): FIGHTING +1, INT +1, AWA +1, PRE +2, Athletics +2, Technology +2, Treatment +4, Vehicles +2, Equipment +2, Ranged Attack +2, Will +2 [21]
-Fleet Officers are your "Captain Kirks" in all but name, said to have the training required to make quick decisions while far from home on exploratory missions... yeah, it's Captain Kirk. People who hesitate or are indecisive are said to be shoved into "console jobs" or unimportant roles, while their superiors blaze ahead and make careers.

TVIA INSPECTOR O.C.C.- PL 6 (62): INT +1, AWA +1, Investigation +8 [11]
-The "Secret Police" class, the Treaty Violation Inspection Agency guys are said to be a combination of lawyer, cop, detective, and spy- as you can imagine, they're mistrusted by the populace and wield an enormous amount of influence. Their O.C.C. Picture is basically of a weirdly science-looking guy with stuff on his head- a far cry from "Generic Military Dude" you see in the rest of the CCW O.C.C.s. Their skill-set is actually REALLY BAD, though- basically it's just Investigation and nothing else the Troopers & Fleet Officers don't do, but better.

CAF SCIENTIST O.C.C.- PL 6 (57): INT +2, Technology +4 [6]
-Man, talk about "filler". This class couldn't be more generic- just a teeny-tiny bit of Class Skills laid out, though they get the standard twelve "Other" skills similar to most "Smart Guy" classes. Honestly, he should end up similar to one of the Main Rulebook smart guys as much as anything.
Is that a young Steven Seagal?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Space Wolfen

Post by Jabroniville »

SPACE WOLFEN R.C.C.: STA +2, FIGHTING +2, PRE -1, Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Tracking, Claws +1 (Split) [11]
-Fatal and Friends notes that the Palladium people seem to REALLY like the Wolfen, and want to put them into various things. Their part of Phase World is mainly as the honor-loving Klingons of the Federation knock-off, though there are numerous groups, including those willing to ally with the Kreeghor (race of evil), or simply act like bigots. Wolfen are said to be all proud, and have a political system much like Ancient Rome. Their stats are shockingly "normal"
Jabroniville

Wolfen Quatoria

Post by Jabroniville »

WOLFEN QUATORIA O.C.C.
Role:
Cyber-Wolf Space Sheriffs
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Space Cop) 8 (+9)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 10 (+13)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Energy Rifle, etc.), Improved Critical (Weapon), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Senses 4 (Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Tracking) [4]
"Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]

"Advanced Cybernetics"
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 7) [12]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Senses 9 (Ultra-Hearing, Detect Radiation & Radar- Ranged, Ranged Radius Radio Detection) [9]
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [3]
"Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers" Immunity 20 (Psionics) (Flaws: Limited to 1/4 Effect) [5]
"Cybernetics" Features 2: Loudspeaker, Radio [2]
"Built-In Translator" Comprehend 2 (Languages) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Energy Rifle +8 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (The Law)- Quatoria agents are infamous for their overzealous pursuit of their targets.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 8 (147)

-Once again a perfect symbol of why CJ Carella "understood" the true appeal of the Ultimate Sandbox Setting that is Rifts, the Wolfen Quatoria is an ancient group of... Space Wolfen who are both cyborgs AND travelling lawmen, effectively combining Anthropomorphic Stuff, Space Opera, and Cyborgs into one thing. Many are said to be completely obsessed with their missions, being indoctrinated into a brutal legacy and heavily preferring the "Dead" part of the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" thing. Quatoria are only tangentially loyal to the CCW/Federation, being Bonded Agents of the law, but being perfectly willing to run off elsewhere.

-Quatoria are given a HEAVY array of Cybernetic enhancements, with Carella Power-Geeking in that they're a century ahead of ANYTHING found on Rifts Earth- in this case, the MDC isn't as big as that of a Heavy Combat 'Borg in Rifts, BUT it is much more hidden- a Quatoria is indistinguishable from a regular Wolfen until it takes a degree of damage- the cybernetics are THAT GOOD. They can also Regenerate on their own (handy for solitary travellers far from home on tracking missions) and resist Psionics fairly well. A very versatile, powerful O.C.C., but with not a lot of extra skills.
Jabroniville

Catyr

Post by Jabroniville »

CATYR R.C.C.: ST +7, STA +6, AGI +2, Protection 4, Immunity (Radiation), Ultravision, Regeneration 2 [38]
-The Catyr are red-skinned people from a radiation-heavy planet, whose INSANE physical stats and radioactivity make them outcasts (despite being CCW-aligned)- this causes a lot of them to become outcasts like Spacers and mercenaries. They may be descended from genetically-altered humans, as they're pretty much just "MDC Humans", sporting 4D6x10+40 MDC, which can make them tougher than a SAMAS if you roll well enough. Their only flaw is a lack of Psionics or Magic potential. Unlike almost every other R.C.C., they have no special skills.
Sidious

Re: Wolfen Quatoria

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:41 pm Image
:) :) :) :)

::Smiles like the mad man he is::

These are without a doubt my favorite thing from Phase World.
I mean think about it. Not only does the setting have it's own Wookies, but they can also be Bionic Lawmen!

The only other thing that would make this would be a full on adaptation of the Predator type things from Aliens Unlimited by that's another show.