Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Wonder Woman! The Atom! Annihilator! Giganta!)

Post by Tattooedman »

Ken wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm I always though a Black Mass involved Satan worship.
In religious context it does, in this case it's more of a bad name given to a black character who has mass altering powers.

Like Black Lightning, but evil & super heavy.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Yeah, and especially given the character was supposed to be a physicist, he really should have been called something like Dark Matter or Doc Neutron; he was part of the crew put together by failed master-villain Overmaster (cool name, actually), along with Crowbar, Dragonhand, Fastball, and Shrike. Not the worst group of jobbers, really, and they've actually popped up as backgrounders from time to time, since they do have fairly distinct appearances.

You know, the overall power level of the JLA/JLU heroes really worked well, even for the "Big Seven"; keeping heavy hitters like Superman and the Flash a bit more limited and more vulnerable overall made for more exciting stories, with the heroes still being able to go beyond their typical limits (Superman taking down Darkseid, The Flash dismantling Brainiac) but ONLY when extremely motivated/angry and willing to disregard their own physical safety entirely (Extra Effort and burning Hero Points in M&M terms, pushing End for extra dice in HERO system, good Cool rolls, spending extra Power Points, and using Inventing Points to "edit the panel" in Mighty Protectors/Villains and Vigilantes rules).

All my best.
Shock

Post by Shock »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:15 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:31 pm From Shade's reaction to Giganta, one got the impression that Giganta had "Fascination (Going Commando)" as an Advantage.
Reminds me of that one scene from Dude Where's My Car.
Kid: I wanna go on that ride, Dad
Dad: Me too son, me too
Jabroniville

Fastball

Post by Jabroniville »

FASTBALL (John Malone)
Created By:
Gerry Conway & Chuck Patton
First Apperance: Justice League of America #234 (Jan. 1985)
Role: Jobber Villain
Voice Actor: None
Finest Moment: Didn't do abysmally-bad in the battle between Legion of Doom factions
PL 8 (61)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Baseball Player) 4 (+8) -- Uses Agility
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Spheres) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Spheres), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Fastball Harness" (Flaws: Removable) [16]
Protection 3 (3)
"Exploding Spheres" Blast 8 (Feats: Split 2) (Diminished Range -1) (17)
-- (20 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Spheres +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+6 Harness), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 9 (61)

-Fastball, an ex-baseball pitcher turned killer (Marvel's Bullseye took the same career path), is ludicrously jobber-y, in that HE'S AN EVIL BASEBALL-THEMED SUPER-VILLAIN, showing up briefly in both the comics & TV show to brawl for a bit, then lose quickly. He's even got a scoop thingie on his hand! In "JLU", he got his ass handed to him by Batman, AND an unarmed Luthor, who used him as a human shield. I have no idea why Lex's opponent didn't just kill them both- who's gonna miss FASTBALL?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

lol when I was 13 or so I created a supervillain called Hardball, who was baseball related.

He had a titantium ball bat, a glove that had a tractor beam from it, cleats that allowed him to cling to walls, these baseballs that exploded after two impacts (I.E. he could hit them with his bat, and the next impact would set them off) and something that even then I knew was stupid, but so comic booky: a Home Plate that he rode like the Goblin Glider.

He eventually went crazy from complications of a super steroid in his system (GET IT?!!) and eventually died, but his younger brother who had always lived in his shadow took over the Hardball legacy.
Jabroniville

Crowbar

Post by Jabroniville »

Hahaha- JESUS.

CROWBAR (Malcolm Tandy)
Created By:
First Apperance: Justice League of America #233 (Dec. 1984)
Finest Moment: None
PL 8 (74)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+5)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Crowbar) 1 (+8)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Blasts) 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Crowbar), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Enhanced Crowbar" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [9]
Blast 7 (14) -- (15 points)
  • AE: "Crowbar Smash" Strength-Damage +6 (Feats: Penetrating 4, Reach) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Crowbar +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Crowbar Blast +8 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 8 (74)

-Crowbar is moderately less-stupid than Fastball, by virtue of just being a guy with a super-enhanced weapon that'd by pretty bad-ass in real life. Plus, he doesn't have a goofy scoop on his hand. He showed up less than Fastball, though still got some play in the fight between The Cadre and the Justice League. Of course, his weapon ended up being bent by Superman to tie up his entire team.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:05 pm lol when I was 13 or so I created a supervillain called Hardball, who was baseball related.

He had a titantium ball bat, a glove that had a tractor beam from it, cleats that allowed him to cling to walls, these baseballs that exploded after two impacts (I.E. he could hit them with his bat, and the next impact would set them off) and something that even then I knew was stupid, but so comic booky: a Home Plate that he rode like the Goblin Glider.

He eventually went crazy from complications of a super steroid in his system (GET IT?!!) and eventually died, but his younger brother who had always lived in his shadow took over the Hardball legacy.
My guy was better- he was an unironic SuperPro knock-off named NHL SuperStar, and he his blocker could stop bullets and had pucks in it that he could shoot at bad guys, his leg-pads were super-durable too, and his stick was used as a melee weapon. I forget what his glove could do.
Jabroniville

Gorgon

Post by Jabroniville »

GORGON (Doctor Mortimer)
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Justice League Europe #15 (June 1990)
Role: Tentacle Guy
Finest Moment: Have Hawkgirl a bit of trouble
PL 9 (114)
STRENGTH
3/7 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Close Combat (Arms) 4 (+10)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Tentacles), Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Tentacled Head"
Enhanced Strength 4 (Quirks: At Least One Arm Must Be On Ground) [7]
"Seven-League Strides" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
"Strong Grip" Movement 3 (Wall-Crawling 2, Sure-Footed) [6]

"Four Additional Limbs" Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Elongation 6 (Flaws: Limited to Arms) [3]
"Arms In the Way" Enhanced Dodge 3 [3]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]
Enhanced Advantages: Defensive Roll [1]

"Multiple-Arm Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 4) (Extras: Multiattack 8) (13) -- [16]
  • AE: "Arm-Swirling Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (9)
  • AE: "Arm-Launching Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line 8) (9)
  • AE: "Standard Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split 2, Reach 4) (7)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Arm Strikes +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Arm Attacks +10 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (+10 Arms, DC 20), Parry +8 (+10 Arms, DC 20), Toughness +5 (+6 Arms), Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- He has a bunch of organic tentacles on top of his head. Kinda stands out.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 11 (114)

-I only know Gorgon because he showed up for a second to fight the League. He gave them some trouble with his multiple head-tentacles (his comic-book self is an homage of Doctor Octopus, you see), but Hawkgirl ultimately grabbed him and played "Snap the whip" into the side of a building. He's basically a mini-version of Doc Ock, for obvious reasons- the Extra Limbs make him a much better, more efficient fighter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Wow, I thought I had seen all of Justice League but Black Mass, Gorgon, Crowbar and Fastball? I have no memory of them
Jabroniville

Shatterfist

Post by Jabroniville »

SHATTERFIST (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Apperance: Justice League of America #233 (Jan. 1985)
Finest Moment: None
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mystical Martial Arts Power"
"Disintegration Touch" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Split) Linked to Weaken Toughness 5 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Affects Objects) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Disintegration Touch +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 8 (89)

-Shatterfist is basically the worst Martial Arts-themed Super-villain in history, looking like an idiot, and being used as a joke even within the context of the DC Universe. He was so pathetic that he & Hellhound were used as an example of the kind of CRAP "Meta-Brawl" fights Roulette had to resort to now that Lex Luthor's "Legion of Doom" was bogarting all the good villains. He tried to use his goofy karate chops against Superman & Batman as well, and was similarly unsucessful. He isn't a BAD martial artist (and his power could be quite handy), but he's ludicrously weak against actual Leaguers.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 am Wow, I thought I had seen all of Justice League but Black Mass, Gorgon, Crowbar and Fastball? I have no memory of them
They're basically one-off backgrounders I only statted back in the day because they had actually appeared in the comics :). Back in 2012 there was a big lack of DCU builds on the Think Tank, largely because DC Adventures was out, and nobody wanted to step on the toes of the official designers. It led to a big gap for about 2-3 years, to the point that when I started posting JLU builds, they actually did HUGELY well. I remember going on and on in my thread about how many comments I was unexpectedly getting. Looking back, I actually get almost as many now, but my thread wasn't quite as popular then as it is now, I think. 2012 was a much busier time on the forum in general, and so there were a lot of people competing for attention- multiple J-Marts, Kreuz Control, my thread, and Taliesin's were all going at once, along with several others.
Jabroniville

Batman (JLU Version)

Post by Jabroniville »

BATMAN (Bruce Wayne)- JLU Version
Created By:
Bob Kane & Bill Finger
First Appearance: Detective Comics #27 (May 1939)
Role: The Star, The Cynical Grouch, The Detective, Supreme Skillmonkey, Deadpan Snarker
Mental Problems: Obsession, Anger Issues, Split Personality, Anti-Social Disorder
Voice Actor: Kevin Conroy
First Episode: "On Leather Wings"
Group Affiliations: The Bat-Family
Finest Moment: Fighting off the fear-induced image of his ashamed father, declaring his identity.
PL 11 (260)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+17)
Deception 11 (+16)
Expertise (Streetwise) 9 (+15)
Expertise (History) 1 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+12)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+11)
Insight 9 (+15)
Intimidation 10 (+15)
Investigation 12 (+18)
Perception 9 (+15)
Persuasion 5 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Batarangs) 4 (+14)
Stealth 10 (+15)
Technology 6 (+12)
Treatment 1 (+7)
Vehicles 10 (+14)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Billionaire), Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Equipment 26 (Batmobile, Batplane, Utility Belt), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Grappling Finesse, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Critical (Batarangs), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Almost Any Needed), Last Stand, Luck, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover, Close/Concealment), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery (Investigation), Startle, Takedown 2, Tracking 2, Ultimate Investigation Skill, Ultimate Intimidation, Ultimate Deception, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Equipment:
"Batplane" (Gargantuan, ST 11, Flight 9- 1,000 mph, Defense -2, Toughness 12, Blast 13 (Burst Area 12), Features- Navigation, Remote Control) (62) -- (63)
  • AE: "Batmobile" (Huge, ST 8, Speed 6- 120 mph, Defense -2, Toughness 10, Features- Alarm, Caltrops, Oil Slick, Remote Control, Computer) (16)
"Utility Belt"
Camera, CommLink, Audio Recorder, Handcuffs, Binoculars, Mini-Tracer, Night Vision Goggles, Flashlight, Gas Mask, Multi-Tool, Rebreather, Cutting Torch (12)
"Grapple Gun" Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
"Bat-Costume" Protection 1 (1)

"Choking Gas" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud +2, Ranged, Extra Condition) (Diminished Range -1) (29) -- (33)
  • AE: "Batarangs" Blast 3 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet) (Extras: Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1) (10)
  • AE: "Explosive Batarangs" Blast 10 (Feats: Split 2) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5 Uses on Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1, Inaccurate) (24)
  • AE: "Explosives" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Feats: Triggered- Time) (17)
  • AE: "Smoke Pellets" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Attack, Area- 30ft. Cloud +2) (10)
"The Batcave"
(Large, Toughness 10, Communications, Computer, Concealed, Dock, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Library, Living Space, Workshop) (16)
-- (127 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Batarangs +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Explosives +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Choking Gas +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Explosive Batarangs +12 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 Bat-Costume), Fortitude +7, Will +12

Complications:
Motivation (Justice, Revenge)- Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered before his eyes as a young child. He has never stopped trying to rid Gotham City of the evil that took their lives. He is devoted to bringing justice back to Gotham, but vengeance still defines much of his life.
Responsibility (Gotham City)- Batman considers himself Gotham's protectors.
Responsibility (Compassion)- Though often quiet and vengeful, Batman is a creature of compassion. He feels pity for some of his enemies (Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze, Baby Doll), and feels sympathy for the victims of crime.
Responsibility (The Memory of Thomas & Martha Wayne, Parents)- Bruce occasionally seems himself in the shadow of his wealthy, honourable parents.
Responsibility (Jim Gordon, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Friends)- Despite being a loner much of the time, Bruce is highly-protective of those close to him. Attacks on their life will be taken very seriously, and if harm came to one of them, Bruce would be beside himself with grief.
Enemy (The Joker, The Pengiun, etc.)- Batman has amassed numerous enemies, including the entire population of Arkham Asylum, and a few notable public figures (such as Rupert Thorne & Roland Daggett).
Guilt (Two-Face's Origin)- Harvey Dent, one of Bruce's closest friends, was horribly disfigured and driven mad on a case in which Batman himself was involved.
Reputation (Lawless Vigilante)- What Batman does is essentially an illegal act, with Commissioner Gordon "looking the other way". Other public figures are less forgiving, and he may find himself hunted. Police detective Harvey Bullock specifically wants him brought down.

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 128--64 / Advantages: 83 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 21 (260)

-Bats in the JLU series was pretty much identical to the one in the show that set off the Timmverse, but now fit into a team environment. Now with his grimness and inability to deal with others amplified to a level seen in the JLA series in the mid-90s, Bruce was grumpy, antisocial and frequently rude, but still managed to fit well into the team dynamic, understanding in the end that most of the team meant well. Most of his really FUNNY lines occured in the JLU series as well, especially when lecturing people, or recommending that somebody save him from falling to his death.

-Batman gets an upgrade to PL 11 for his JLU version, because he's gonna likely cost way more than most of the Original Seven, and he was generally much more dangerous here- Batman: TAS never showed him with ready-access Exploding Batarangs, whereas here, they were virtually his primary weapon. He only gets PL 11 because of his Batarangs, which by the time this series rolls around, are high-tech, super-fast projectiles that latch onto someone and then explode, taking out beings as powerful as Brainiac Androids in one shot. With his accuracy, they boost him up pretty high. He's even a better fighter by "JLU", packing a bigger +17 to attack (equivalent to Shang-Chi or Iron Fist), and PL 10-level martial arts & Defense. Even so, Batman is usually not the frontliner, being a rather vulnerable "normal human"- so he uses his skills as the team's Skillmonkey to save the day. Frequently. JLU was almost like Marvel Comics in that the least-powerful people could be the most effective.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:19 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:05 pm lol when I was 13 or so I created a supervillain called Hardball, who was baseball related.

My guy was better- he was an unironic SuperPro knock-off named NHL SuperStar, and he his blocker could stop bullets and had pucks in it that he could shoot at bad guys, his leg-pads were super-durable too, and his stick was used as a melee weapon. I forget what his glove could do.
Mine was called Jailai and you guessed it he was based on that sport, athletic with armored suit and a jailai basket he used to throw various balls with tricks like explosives and acid and fire and so on and so forth

he jobbed gloriously to many heroes including Hornet in HU
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos »

I had a guy with a scoop, but he threw grenades and I called him the iron Grenadier. His suit was heavily armoured. He had flight like Boomerang. I'm pretty sure I stole him from G. I. Joe.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Doc chaos wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am I had a guy with a scoop, but he threw grenades and I called him the iron Grenadier. His suit was heavily armoured. He had flight like Boomerang. I'm pretty sure I stole him from G. I. Joe.
Well, the Iron Grenadier were Destro's elite troopers in G.I.Joe. Also, there was Hardball, one of the characters introduced in 1988, who was a former baseball pitcher turned grenade specialist (actually a pretty common thing from what I understand).
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)