Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Koopa Kids! Boom Boom! Reznor! Bowser! Boo!)

Post by drkrash »

I'll help also; I just think Jab needs *more* help than I can offer. Maybe between the two of us.

I'm excited about the Terry news, because I love Terry. Too bad I don't like Smash. :P
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Eerie

Post by Jabroniville »

EERIE
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World only
Japanese Name: Teresasaurus
Role: Floating Obstacle/Enemy
PL 6 (74)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Ghost"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Flight 2 (8 mph) [4]
Protection 7 [7]
Immunity 15 (Stomp, Fire & Flying Attack Damage) [15]

"Ghostly Attack" Damage 3 (Extras: Reaction +3) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Ghostly Attack +4 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 68 / Defenses: 2 (74)

-Eerie are cool-looking Lizard Ghosts that float in straight lines, gathered in groups of two. They're not hard to avoid, but nearly-impossible to kill- only an Invincible Hero can do damage to them. This means they lack the Insubstantial nature of the others, but are durable and have Immunities instead. Curiously, they are extremely rare in the Mario series, appearing only in the Mario World game.
Jabroniville

Big Boo

Post by Jabroniville »

BIG BOO
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 2, Yoshi's Island, Mario 3D Land, Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi Series, Paper Mario Series, New Super Mario Bros. Series
Japanese Name: Atomikku Teresa ("Atomic Teresa")
Role: Giant Mook, Invincible Enemy
PL 8 (81)
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Close Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Ghost"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Permanent +0) [21]
Flight 2 (8 mph) [4]
Protection 5 [5]

"Ghostly Attack" Damage 5 (Extras: Reaction +3, Affects Corporeal) [25]
"Large Size" Reach 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (No Damage)
Ghostly Attack +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5, Fortitude --, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)
Responsibility (Shy)- Boos do not like to be looked at- if they see someone looking at them, they will immediately stop moving and hide their eyes. Thus, they can only attack from behind or the sides- never when an enemy is looking at them.

Total: Abilities: -20 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 86 / Defenses: 3 (81)

-Big Boos were another showcasing of the graphical superpowers of the 16-bit Super NES, revealing that you could now make pretty, gigantic sprites show up on-screen. Much like Banzai Bills, they were gigantic upgrades of a regular foe, with the same powers & limitations (though one Boss Boo appears in the Secret Ghost House of Donut Island, which gives you access to Star Road, and you could kill him with Thrown Blocks). Their sheer size made them very, very hard to avoid unless you lured them into taking a higher vantage point (they were too big to jump over normally) or found something to jump off of.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

drkrash wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:42 am I'll help also; I just think Jab needs *more* help than I can offer. Maybe between the two of us.

I'm excited about the Terry news, because I love Terry. Too bad I don't like Smash. :P
I just have to post the reveal trailer too: It's one huge love letter to SNK.
Jabroniville

Ghost Obstacles

Post by Jabroniville »

GHOST OBSTACLES:
CIRCLING BOO BUDDIES:
DC 21 Athletics to Dodge, Damage 4 (DC 19). The Circles aren't hard to overcome (just wait for the small gap in the line-up), but when OTHER enemies are coming at you, it's a bit more annoying. They exist as an invincible circle that can harm Mario. They never go transparent or Insubstantial.

STRETCH: DC 18 Athletics to Dodge, Damage 4 (DC 19). Peculiar Obstacles seen in Ghost Ships- they're big white blocks that have a couple little Boos in them that pop up and circle around randomly. They're not that hard to avoid since you kind of know what to look for, and Invincible Mario can beat them.
Jabroniville

Princess Daisy

Post by Jabroniville »

PRINCESS DAISY
First Appearance:
Super Mario Land (1987)
Game Appearances: Mario Land, Mario & Luigi Series
Japanese Name: Deiji-Hime ("Princess Daisy")
Role: Alternate Peach
PL 5 (66)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+5)
Athletics 5 (+5)
Expertise (Ruler of Sarasaland) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Sports) 4 (+8)
Insight 1 (+3)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Vehicles 8 (+8) (Flaws: Limited to Go-Karts)

Advantages:
Benefit 3 (Sarasaland Monarch), Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Sarasaland)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (66)

-I keep forgetting that Princess Daisy, who's suddenly become a very common character in the Mario franchise, was actually a Super Mario Land character, being a Peach stand-in who's kidnapped in Sarasaland in the Game Boy game, requiring saving. The character vanished between that and the N64 era, having literally nothing to offer except being filler, when suddenly she was reintroduced in Mario Tennis, and fashioned into a tomboyish possible love interest for Luigi. The character doesn't make any mainstream appearances in the games, but will show up in most of the side ones, playing tennis, go-karting, or the various games in the Mario Party series. Not bad for someone who's practically a Palette Swap of Peach.

-Daisy is fairly similar to Peach, given their origins, but is apparently quite pushy and dominating by contrast.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Daisy even managed to make it into Smash Bros, though as a Moveset Clone (They even came up with their own term for such characters: "Echo Fighters") for Peach, which I think is pretty fitting.
Jabroniville

Rex

Post by Jabroniville »

REX
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World, Mario & Luigi Series, Super Princes Peach
Japanese Name: Dorabon (from "Dragon")
Role: Standard Mooks
PL 5 (29)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Expertise (Mushroom Kingdom) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 6 (+5)

Advantages:
Close Attack

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)
Involuntary Transformation (Little Rex)- If injured, a Rex will get squashed down to smaller size. This quicker Rex has Fighting 6 & Dodge 6, but is only Strength 2 & Toughness 2.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (29)

-Mario World was an incredible stand-out for a lot of reasons, and a big part of that was how it handled the enemies- Goombas & Koopas were old hat, so it was good to immediately throw down some new characters. And so Rex was a Mook in Mario World, appearing in the very first level, with the unique attribute of shrinking down to a smaller size if struck, much like Dino-Rhinos. However, the smaller Rex was just a bit faster, and had no additional powers. They were distinctive, goofy-looking, unthreatening, and yet still a bit interesting to look at- good, solid Mooks.

-Despite that, they were only used in three levels- Koopas are just too handy to fill levels with, given all their interesting mechanics, I suppose, so Rex was dumped, despite fitting the "Dinosaur Land" theme quite well. Rex didn't make much of an impact, disappearing from all but the lesser-known side games- even the New Super Mario Bros. series (itself copying Mario World pretty intensely) doesn't use him!

-As a slightly-tougher Mook (taking two shots to kill him), Rex is PL 4 on offense, but PL 4.5 on defense. Notably, unlike most Mario 3 & Mario World foes, he did not appear in the New Super Mario Bros. games, and only shows up for side-games like Superstar Saga or Super Princess Peach.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:37 am In Fighting Game news:

Terry Bogard is coming to Smash Bros.! (I really need to figure out if there's a way I can help out with the KOF builds, since I do want to see them, but I know how much of a pain they'd be)
The issue is, I need move DESCRIPTIONS. Way too many SNK guys just have move names that mean nothing to me, because they're all in Japanese and are pretty vague even if you translate them.

Like I noticed with Rage of the Dragons, team fighters are much worse than a typical Fighting Game to research because you now have to watch MULTIPLE characters in a single playthrough, and players will often favor one guy in particular. Even a "How to play _____" video would be helpful, but KOF often changes moves between games, even.
Jabroniville

Dino-Rhino

Post by Jabroniville »

DINO-RHINO
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World, Paper Mario Series
Japanese Name: Raita (from English "lighter")
Role: Giant Mook, Awesome Monster
PL 6 (43)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 7 (+6, +7 Size)
Perception 3 (+2)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative

Powers:
"Turns to Healthy Dino-Torch" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to First Dazed/Staggered Result) [2]
Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
Immunity 5 (Fire Damage) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)
Involuntary Transformation (Dino-Torch)- When injured, Dino-Rhinos transform into smaller Dino-Torches.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 6 (43)

---

DINO-TORCH
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World, Paper Mario Series
Japanese Name: Raita (from English "lighter")
Role: Tiny Mook
PL 5 (27)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Perception 2 (+1)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Dino Bite" Damage 2 [2]
"Dino Fire" Damage 5 (Extras: 15ft. Line +1/2) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 4 (27)

-I ADORED the Dino-Rhinos when I first got to see Super Mario World played- the land was called "Dinosaur Land", and thus actual Dinosaurs made the best villains and allies. These guys are giant monsters that are somehow also friggin' adorable, and will turn into even CUTER mini-sized Dino-Torches when you jump on them. Their huge eyes, turquoise bodies, and two-way threat made them very distinctive and interesting, and really stood out compared to the simple Rexes (also took two hits, but had no unique attacks, and were smaller) or Koopas (whom you'd faced before).

-Despite their distinctive looks and interesting attack patterns (going from a giant charger to a tiny fire-breather), Dino-Rhinos were exiled from the series after Mario World came out. I found this a huge shame, but perhaps inevitable- Mario 64 had to change the game so much that only the older, simpler enemies would do, and so the World foes (Rex, Magikoopa, Wiggler, etc.) were all dumped. And given the huge amount of time between mainstream Mario games, that was enough time for these guys to leave the public consciousness entirely. Though that doesn't explain why they can't even appear in the New Super Mario Bros. games.

-Dino-Rhinos are treated like flat-out Animals in some Mario-verse stuff, so they're even less bright than Goombas, but are pretty decent fighters, moving smarter than most creatures that can't chase Mario. Dino-Torches are micro-sized Blasters that shoot out little columns of flame.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:15 am
KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:37 am In Fighting Game news:

Terry Bogard is coming to Smash Bros.! (I really need to figure out if there's a way I can help out with the KOF builds, since I do want to see them, but I know how much of a pain they'd be)
The issue is, I need move DESCRIPTIONS. Way too many SNK guys just have move names that mean nothing to me, because they're all in Japanese and are pretty vague even if you translate them.

Like I noticed with Rage of the Dragons, team fighters are much worse than a typical Fighting Game to research because you now have to watch MULTIPLE characters in a single playthrough, and players will often favor one guy in particular. Even a "How to play _____" video would be helpful, but KOF often changes moves between games, even.
I was thinking of doing what I did before and grabbing .gifs/descriptions of the special moves (or maybe even making videos showcasing the indivudal character moves), but since ther's so many characters, it'd be a huge project.
Jabroniville

Spike

Post by Jabroniville »

SPIKE
First Appearance:
Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988)
Game Appearances: Mario 3, Yoshi's Island, Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi Series, Paper Mario Series, Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. Series
Japanese Name: Gabon
Role: Nigh-Forgotten Foe, Blaster
PL 6 (55)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Expertise (Mushroom Kingdom Denizen) 2 (+1)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Spiked Ball) 2 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Spiked Ball), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Spiked Ball From Stomach" Strength-Damage +4 (Extras: Ranged 7) (Diminished Range -2) [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Spiked Ball +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +1

Complications:
Responsibility (King Koopa's Will)

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 5 (55)

-I totally thought Spikes were awesome as a kid- partially because they were such a RARE FOE- they didn't appear in any kind of numbers until relatively late in Mario 3 (Sky & Ice Land), and they were left out of the next TWENTY FRIGGIN' YEARS of gaming, so they were a very limited-release Mook until the modern era's games brought them back. I had a sticker of one- did anyone else get those Nintendo Stickers they used to stick in boxes of cereal? Every nerdy guy I know used to have dressers just COVERED in those things- I had all sorts of stickers, like Dinosaurs, Captain N, Mario, Ninja Turtles, Hockey Cards, and more. I still have a sock drawer full of 'em because I never got it cleaned. It's just too '80s to get rid of.

-A single Spike appears as an ally in a Mario anime from the late '80s, which you'd think would mean they'd be a bigger deal... but a Parabeetle was another one, so I guess that means nothing. One is a suprise Unlockable Character in Mario Party 10 as well, and the modern side-scrollers tend to include them as an uncommon foe, so I guess there's some nostalgia there. The modern look of the character is a bit silly, with the lips running the width of his entire body- I heavily prefer the old version.

-In any case, Spikes barf up Spiked Balls half the size of their own bodies, then chuck them at you from across the screen! They're not Uber, but they're relatively dangerous save for the fact you can Stomp them as easily as any other foe.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Blargg

Post by Jabroniville »

BLARGG
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World, Mario & Wario
Japanese Name: Unbaba (no meaning; just a gibberish name)
Role: Surprise Mook
PL 8 (88)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+5, +8 Size)
Stealth 6 (+8, +2 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Startle

Powers:
"Lava Creature
Immunity 11 (Drowning, Fire & Heat Effects) [11]
Swimming 4 (8 mph) [4]
Lava Aura 7 [28]
Protection 2 [2]

Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Lava Aura +6 (+7 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (King Koopa's Will)
Vulnerable/Power Loss- Blarggs can be eaten by Yoshis, losing much of their Toughness so long as Yoshi takes a -4 to hit (ie. it's tough to do in the game). Their Aura is also ineffective against his throat for some reason.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 6 (88)

-Hahahah dude, I LOVED Blargg. This crazy, googly-eyed Lava Dinosaur lived in Castle Stages, and would burst out of the lava at random intervals to startle you while on moving lifts- having not played Super Mario World for years, I was completely taken by surprise, having forgotten about him! Of course I still avoided the hit, since the guy's still a bit clumsy. Later games (and the Mario World cartoon) have since shown that Blargg is actually MUCH bigger than he looks- his head is actually quite small compared to the rest of his body, meaning that he's borderline-Tyrannosaurus big! He hasn't shown up much in the franchise since, particularly since Lava Stages are much rarer than most (typically only one per Land), especially those with large stretches. Sadly, the character has almost never reappeared, and typically other things that look similar are used instead.-Blargg is a strong PL 6.5 on offense, and is nearly impervious to harm compared to most Mario creatures, and so you're better off just avoiding him (it's a tricky shot, but you CAN allow Yoshi to eat him). He's a monstrous, swimming, killing machine, but is fairly stupid and so it's easy to avoid him.

Variants:

MAGMAW- PL 8 (88):
-Large, slender lava-beings, Magmaws ("Slim Unababa" in Japan, making the lineage to Blargg explicit) rise up as "waves" in Mario Galaxy, and reappear in some of the New Super Mario Bros. games.

MAGMAARGH- PL 8 (90): Close Attack 2 [2]
-Even bigger than Magmaws, Magmaarghs are also invincible.
Jabroniville

Pokey

Post by Jabroniville »

POKEY
First Appearance:
Super Mario Bros. 2 (1987)
Game Appearances: Mario 2 (USA), Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, Mario & Luigi Series, Paper Mario Series, New Super Mario Bros. Series
Japanese Name: Sanbo (from "sanbo"- "Cactus")
Role: Wandering Mook
PL 5 (48)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+1)

Advantages:
Close Attack

Powers:
"Thorny Body" Damage 4 (Feats: Reach 1) (Extras: Reaction +3) [17]
Immunity 5 (Stomp Damage) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Thorns +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)
Power Loss (Aura)- Pokey cannot injure with his thorns when somebody does a Power Slide.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 4 (48)

-Pokeys showed up in Mario 2, and were yellow Mooks in Super Mario World, where it's screamingly obvious to me that their entire purpose is to show off Yoshi's eating abilities- since they were very hard to kill otherwise, Yoshi would specialize in eating each of his five segments, one after the other, in an incredibly-addictive, murderous game. Otherwise, you could just Power Slide or throw something at them. If you open all the Special Levels and find all of the exits, Pokey becomes a grey, rock-like creature... I have no memory of that. I wonder if I never completed the whole thing. They actually recur in Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

-Pokeys are your standard Aura-based Mook, and fit a PL 5 standard (though in-game they're not too accurate since they're slow, they can be hard to avoid when trying to Jump over them, meaning that the higher Fighting is accurate).
Jabroniville

Chargin’ Chuck

Post by Jabroniville »

CHARGIN' CHUCK
First Appearance:
Super Mario World (1990)
Game Appearances: Mario World, Mario Odyssey, Mario 3D World, Mario & Luigi Series
Japanese Name: Buru ("Bull")
Role: Annoying Obstacle Character
PL 7 (71)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Expertise (Athletics) 6 (+10)
Expertise (Mushroom Kingdom Denizen) 2 (+1)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Improved Critical (Charge), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Protection 1 [1]
"Charge" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Charge +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +0

Complications:
Enemy (Mario & Luigi)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 2 (71)

-If there's a single Mario Foe that looks ENTIRELY out of place, it's surely Chuck. All the other characters are mechanical creatures, weapons with evil faces, animals, or the occasional stellar body with an evil face- Chargin' Chucks look like American football players, with their only Mario-ish aspect being their Turtle Shells (which are easy to miss on-screen). They sort of replace Hammer Brothers as elite troops, showing up quite frequently at the end of stages or at other critical moments, using their high durability and all-out attacks to give you trouble. Most of them take THREE leaps to kill, just like some Bosses, and their jumps and leaps can make them dangerous adversaries.

-Chargin' Chuck vanished from the mainstream series for decades, just like Spike, Blargg and others, but reappeared in Mario Odyssey, with many of the same traits.

-Chucks tend to either leap, charge (hence the name), or split into three (I choose to view this as just having three Chucks intead of Summon), and are one of the few PL 7 Mooks in the game series.

Variants:

CONFUSED/DIGGIN' CHUCK- PL 7 (81):
Blast 5 [10]
-Confused Chuck is confused because he throws BASEBALLS instead of having Football-related gear. They're fairly uncommon, and just stand there tossing baseballs around in a straight line. Diggin' Chuck just throws rocks, though I don't recall ever seeing him.

PASSIN' CHUCK- PL 7 (83): Blast 5 (Feats: Ricochet 2) [12]
-Passin' Chucks sit down and boot a series of bouncing Footballs around in a big line, sort of like Mario's Fireballs.