Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Leoric! Darkstorm! Mettle! Hazmat! Reptil! Finesse!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So next up, before I post the Monster in My Pocket builds, will come some things requested by Goldar- actual builds completing the Galactic Guardians! I already built Replica, Spirit of Vengeance, and Martinex. Firelord is the same as his normal universe version.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

The Galactic Guardians

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GALACTIC GUARDIANS:
-The Galactic Guardians are a team from the Guardians of the Galaxy book, and are futuristic superheroes as well. They were formed by Martinex, who thought that the Guardians should become even larger as an organization, in order to truly protect the whole galaxy. Martinex parted ways with the GOTG and formed this squad, and made their home base on Mainframe's world. They had their own Limited Series, about which I know nothing- every character's bio (even Martinex's!) ends at the moment the team was created.

Mainframe: The Vision of the future.
The Spirit of Vengeance: The Ghost Rider of the future.
Firelord: The former Herald of Galactus and current Protector of the Universe.
Replica: A Skrull shape-shifter who... ugh, another one?... shakes off the evil of her race and becomes a good guy. Formerly a member of the Universal Church of Truth.
Hollywood: The Wonder Man of the future, guilt-ridden over seeing many of his teammates die during the Martian invasion of Earth in the 20th century. Yes, the Avenger perhaps most famous for repeatedly DYING lived to see the Year 3000.
Phoenix IX: The latest host of the Phoenix Force.
Jabroniville

Mainframe (Vision)

Post by Jabroniville »

MAINFRAME II (aka The Vision II)
Created By:
Jim Valentino
First Appearance: Amazing Adventures #38 (Sept. 1976- as Hologram)
Role: Sentient Computer
Group Affiliations: The Galactic Guardians

-This Mainframe was eventually revealed to be The Vision of the future, evolved into a sentient computer that controls an entire world- altering its weather, planetary stability, etc. He was also the guardian of Captain America's Shield. He rescued Simon Williams from the final battle against the Martian invaders, which saw the majority of the world's heroes die.
Jabroniville

Hollywood

Post by Jabroniville »

HOLLYWOOD (Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man)
Created By:
Jim Valentino
First Appearance: The Guardians of the Galaxy #9 (Feb. 1991)
Role: Flying Brick, Below-Thor-Guy, Repentant Character, Future Version (of Wonder Man)
Group Affiliations: The Avengers, The Masters of Evil, S.H.I.E.L.D., Force Works, The Revengers, The Galactic Guardians, The Commandeers
PL 13 (204)
STRENGTH
17 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat 2 (+9)
Expertise (Actor) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Weapons Maker/Electrical Engineer) 5 (+8)
Expertise (History) 10 (+13)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Technology 6 (+9)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Ionic-Powered Being"
Power Lifting 5 (25,000 tons) [5]
Impervious Toughness 11 [11]
Immunity 16 (Aging, Life Support, Fatigue Effects) [16]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +17, Fortitude +16, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Guilt)- Hollywood saw many of his teammates die during the Martian Invasion of the 20th Century. He has tremendous survivor's guilt over this.
Reputation (Coward)- Hollywood was teleported away from the above battle by Mainframe (Vision), and got a reputation as a coward as a result. He now hides his identity.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Simon has eyes that permanently-glow with red ionic energy, and he must wear sunglasses to conceal this effect. This has the effect of potentially-wrecking his Secret Identity any time he chooses to have one, and also makes him look permanently like an '80s douchebag always in his shades.

Total: Abilities: 108 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 16 (204)

-Ironically, Wonder Man, who was most famous for CONSTANTLY DYING (especially in the 1990s), was said to be alive all the way into the 30th Century. As "Hollywood", he was guilt-ridden over the death of many of the Avengers during the Martian Invasion of the 20th Century. I figure Hollywood for being the same as Wonder Man, only a bit older and wiser (ie. Awareness & History Expertise).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Visionaries! Mettle! Hazmat! Reptil! Finesse! Veil!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Monster In My Pocket isn't a franchise I'm that familiar with (I only ever saw the board game and some figures at a friend's house), but I enjoyed the NES game, and the little figures are just cool, plus they're pretty much in the same style as the MUSCLE/Kinnikuman figures.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There's evidence that Hollywood was a good deal more powerful than Wonderman was, possibly due to steady power growth as time went on.

Apparently Simon fought a member of the Stark aliens called Overkill (formerly Tazer Face), who was wearing an advanced suit of armor that not only let him defeat Firelord, but generated enough energy that it's self destruct could destroy solar systems. That's right, solar SYSTEMS. Plural. Anywhere, he's what happens:

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Oh man-that whole sequence of panels brings up memories of a Marvel comics age which is pretty embarrassing overall-and which I enjoyed the hell out of when I was actually a young guy reading those stories.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Phoenix (Giraud)

Post by Jabroniville »

PHOENIX IX (Giraud)
Created By:
Jim Valentino
First Appearance: The Guardians of the Galaxy #9 (Feb. 1991)
Role: Near-Last Mutant, Legacy Character
Group Affiliations: The Galactic Guardians
PL 13 (199)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+9)
Perception 7 (+8)
Technology 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Combat 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Telepathy & Telekinesis, Modified by The Phoenix Force"
"Mental Blast" Damage 13 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Alternate Save- Will) (53) -- [67]
  • Dynamic AE: "Telepathy" Communication 3 (Mental- Country-Wide) (Extras: Area, Selective) Linked to Mind Reading 10 (39)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 12 (49)
  • Dynamic AE: "Group Control" Affliction 9 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Cumulative) (37)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telelocation" Senses 8 (Detect Life- Ranged 2, Acute, Postcognition) (Flaws: Postcog Limited to Immediate Area) (7)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Stun" Affliction 12 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative) (49)
  • Dynamic AE: "Astral Form" Remote Sensing 8 (Sight, Hearing & Mental- 2 miles) (Feats: Subtle, Dimensional) (Flaws: Helpless While In Use) (26)
  • AE: "Mind Switch" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Transformed to Another) (Extras: Sustained +2) (Flaws: Side-Effect- Ends up in Other Body) (21)
  • AE: "Power Suppression" Affliction 12 (Will; Fatigued/Exhausted/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative) (49)
Force Field 11 (Feats: Increased Mass 3, Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others, Impervious, Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (48) -- [58]
  • Dynamic AE: TK Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Penetrating) (46)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 15 (Feats: Precise) (32)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (27)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) (40)
  • Dynamic AE: Deflect 12 (12)
Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Mental Blast -- (+13 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 28)
Mental Attacks +9-12 Perception (+9-12 Perception Afflictions, DC 19-22)
TK Blast +6 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
TK Blasts +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+14 Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility/Involuntary Transformation (Wields the Phoenix Force)- The Phoenix Force is a Cosmic Entity of unimaginable power, and occasionally goes out of Giraud's control.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 139 / Defenses: 14 (199)

-Giraud here is the Phoenix of the Guardians of the Galaxy timeline, popping up in the 31st Century, a time in which the Mutant population has been reduced to only nine remaining. He was a human who lived on the mutant-settled world of Haven, and tried to overthrow the remaining mutant ruling class. Starhawk of the Guardians led him to the Phoenix Force, becoming the ninth sentient being to do so since Jean Grey first did- Phoenix fed on Haven's core, destroying the planet, and teleported those living there to Main Frame's world. Giraud was then placed under psychic inhibitors to keep his powers in check, but they were broken when The Intimidators tried to bring back Michael Korvac, and he beat them all. He later joined the Galactic Guardians for their short arc.

-Giraud is functionally similar to my Rachel Summers build, but lacks her experience or broad capabilities outside of his tremendous cosmic might.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Yeah I was going to bring up the Hollywood thing before I saw Ares did it.

I'd give him a PL 14 personally.
Jabroniville

Monster In My Pocket

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

MONSTER IN MY POCKET:
-So this set came about when HalloweenJack suggested it, as it would fall near the build-up to Halloween (shockingly, a favorite holiday of his). I at first discounted what would be a pretty large project, but after doing a bit of research, the idea grew on me, particularly because I didn't really have an idea for a Next Big Project, having just finished the New Marvel Builds, as well as a few Fighting Games in a short period of time. Sure there was Shining Force and Fire Emblem, but so soon after Mario? Given my own fascination with mythology, cxyptozoology and folklore, this looked more and more fun the more I looked into it.

Monster in My Pocket was the creation of two former Mattel executives, who'd quit and had Matchbox release a line of monochromatic figures in 1989. Made of simple soft plastic, the creatures were given detailed molds, but were produced single-color, with only a handful of known colors used for all the creatures. Series I and II were the only two that are much known or cared for by people, and are the most commonly-found figures today. Figures were assigned ratings between 5 and 25 at first, but was rapidly elevated later- you "won" if your figures came to a higher total than your friend's, I guess.

The Monsters hail from folklore, mythology, and (most controversially) actual current religions. So you have Griffins, Hydras, and Bigfoot being sold alongside Ganesha, Remover of Obstacles and the Great Beast of Revelation. Over one-hundred were produced, in all. Some are more well-detailed than others (multi-headed figures with detailed faces to plain, boring-posed guys), and some are from VERY obscure sources. There are multiple Vampires, Ghosts, Witches, and more, and you'll find local fables like Jenny Greenteeth mixing with obscure Indo-American Gods like Coatlicue. You gotta give them credit- they did a LOT of research.

I remember MIMP being decently-known at the time (I was eight years old), but the similar MUSCLE was probably more liked because of the goofier figures, and I of course was MUCH more fascinated by the mighty Battle Beasts line. Only the first two Series did particularly well- another was cancelled, and they shifted into sillier, gimmicky lines (Dinosaurs in My Pocket, colored creatures, etc.), each being less and less popular, and most not being released outside the UK, which took over production and selling after a point. As a result, most people who sell the toys these days hail from Europe.

The figures today are rather inexpensive, but rarities exist. The later Series figures are in that uncomfortable "Rare but Unpopular" zone, where the rarity should increase prices, but the figures are ugly & dumb, and so nobody wants them, so it's not really worth it to collect them. ALWAYS watch out for assuming that a "rare" figure will go for a lot, for reasons like that. There was a Blemmyes that was released exclusively as a pack-in with the NES game (read below). Among the most rare figures are ones that *I* actually owned- some that were released as giveaways in boxes of Shreddies cereal exclusive to Canada (and Big Boy restaurants in the US)- I owned Jimmy Squarefoot and Anubis in this manner. Despite VAGUELY remembering owning some MIMP figures, I had no recollection of these two, so imagine my surprise when my mom offered us the stuff shoved in the bottom of our childhood toybox, and I found these two. Not thinking much of it, I checked on eBay, and it turned out these two were giveaways that went for INSANE prices these days, so despite some damage to the Anubis (his nose had rubbed off a bit), I sold the pair for a ridiculous $90, because MIMP maintain a substantial online collector market. There were four colors for each promotion, but Orobas was only released in Canada, meaning he's only available in four. Most figures are all soft rubber, but the Big Boy ones also have hard plastic for four figures.

The most rare piece is a "Star Jotun"- the Jotun Troll figure with a special "star" located on its body. These were given away at random in packages, and possessing one meant you could send it back for "ten free figures". Naturally, the Star Jotun attained mythical significance to collectors, culminating when someone FINALLY found a figure, paying a bunch for it. And then a REAL one turned up, revealing the prior had been a fake. The "Little Rubber Guys" forum had a lot of fun with a few threads devoted to this- as the main MIMP fansites had long since dried up and quit being updated, LRG was the last remaining "resource" for new information. When a THIRD Star Jotun type popped up, people were really confused, as both legitimate-looking ones (the original had a pretty poor star indent and looked to have a "test star" underneath that one- signs of forgery) had different fonts for the number on the back. Needless to say this tiny figure will go for hundreds.

A few attempts at renovating the line, even re-using old toys, were made, but all of them failed quickly.

SUPPORTING MATERIALS:
-There was a board game, a comic book series by Harvey Comics (written by Dwayne McDuffie) of Casper the Friendly Ghost fame which lasted four issues, and a fairly well-known NES video game, where you could play as the Vampire & Frankenstein's Monster, with the Final Boss being the Warlock. The game includes a ridiculous number of monsters from the toyline- FORTY CREATURES in all! This is astonishing for the era, where most games (even Mario) kept the total number of foes to under twenty. Many are limited to just one stage, and copy each other's moves (there are a LOT of Flying Monsters, for example). It's quite inventive, though, with levels taking place across tables, photographs, a rooftop, a sewer, a fridge, and more- they really make the most of the "You're actually really tiny" thing. A 1992 animated special was produced by Hanna-Barbera, and was probably pretty awful, given that it was HANNA-BARBERA in *1992*. The Werewolf was turned into "Wolf-Mon" and spoke with a Jamaican accent, the villains were led by Vampire, and the heroes led by Dr. Henry Davenport (the Invisible Man).

THE BUILDS:
-For Power Levels, I will assume that of the natural creature- in-universe, most tales indicate that the monsters literally ARE able to fit into one's pocket, and so they're all tiny, running around living rooms and stuff like they're vast caverns.
Jabroniville

The Others

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ONES I'M NOT STATTING:
-The goofier later stuff and the dinosaurs, I'll skip. In the latter case, I already statted Dinosaurs.

Insects in my Pocket:
Perhaps due to the controversy over all the Hindu Gods appearing in the previous lines, MIMP shifted to a more innocuous line based around insects and arachnids. Unfortunately, in so doing they left out details, turned everything into goofy puns, and kept up the "paint splatter" stuff. The puns include the Wolf Spider literally having a wolf's head on a spider's body, for instances.

121-144) Tarantula, Black Widow Spider, Jumping Spider, Wolf Spider, Turret Spider, Crab Spider, Soldier Beetle, Soldier Fly, Robber Fly, Armored Cockroach, Vampire Leaf Hopper, Lightning Bug, Eastern Toe Biter, Stink Bug, One Eyed Jack, Clubtail Dragonfly, Dog Face Butterfly, Horntail Moth, Scarface Scorpion, Mexican Bed Bug, Lady Bug, Horsefly, Cave Cricket , Hunchback Beetle

Dinosaurs in my Pocket:
The Dinosaurs are not altogether that well-designed. Another release, featuring skeletons painted onto the figures, also came out in the next year, and are that odd combination of rare and not that expensive, because not that many people liked them. I've already statted almost all of these dinosaurs (only Teratosaurus is missing). The list is pretty in-depth, featuring all of the common "Popular '80s Dinosaurs"- it dates itself by using the then-popular Deinonychus instead of the Velociraptor (translation: Jurassic Park wasn't out yet, but props for using Chasmosaurus, Plateosaurus and Monoclonius of all things.

145-168) Tyrannosaurus Rex, Apatosaurus, Apatosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Spinosaurus, Iguanodon, Plateosaurus, Woolly Mammoth, Cave Man, Pteranodon, Dimetrodon, Sabre-Tooth Tiger, Ankylosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Teratosaurus, Styracosaurus, Deinonychus, Struthiomimus, Kentrosaurus, Monoclonius, Parasaurolophus, Lambeosaurus, Baby Protoceratops (a dino coming out of an egg)

Space Aliens:
* Some partially-painted space alien characters. Heat-activated panels on their backs indicated their allegiance and their points value. These are the last MIMPs in the line that have their numbers listed.

Good:
169-176) Space Dinosaur, Floyd the Android, Blaster of the Universe (nice He-Man pun), Full Moon Freak, Nova Scorcher, Jumbo Jupiter Junkeater, Laser Blaster, Asteroid Attack Android
Bad:
177-184) Venus Booby Trapper, Creature from the Black Hole, Meteor Monster, Star Scorpian, Saturn Scumsucker, Sun Poisoner, Martian Maniac, Radioactive Uranian Rodent

Monster Wrestlers In My Pocket:
* Released in 1995 in the UK. The first nine were released as a pack-in with Kellogg's Frosties. They're all pretty poor-looking, though "Dr. Suture Self" is a FANTASTIC name.

Characters: Iron Mighty, Jester Minute, Brad the Barbarian, Texas Turbo, Shark Bite, Mane Man, Cross Bones, Frank the Stone, Tony the Coach, Double Header, Hog Stomper, Nuclear Ninja, Simian Smasher, Howlin' Prowlin' Werewolf, Sabretooth, Toad Trasher, Gizzard the Lizard, Piranha the Piledriver, Grunt, One Eyed Jack, Gargoyle, Bulldog Drumhead, Bloodsucker the Vampire, Stickleback, Crusher Cussak, Steel Slammer, General Mayhem, Man 'O' Arms, Goonie, Julio the Mauler, Chain Gang Chomper, The Executioner, Congo King, Bully Beef, Smasher Basher, Headbanger, Sgt. Strangle, Coach Harry Headlock, Referee "Double" Nelson, Referee "Final" Countdown, Pin Head, (unnamed guy), Ortho the Ogre, Deadly Night Nurse, Dr. Suture Self

Monster Sports Stars:
* Released in the UK in 1996, these guys are the most elaborately-painted in the line, but are pretty horrible looking. The were released in Kellogg's Frosties. Tony the Referee is clearly Tony the Tiger, too.

Slam Dunk, Full Back Drac, Angry Oddity, Scrundown, Completely Batty, Spooky Sprinter, Werewolf Slugger, Tony the Referee, The Big Dipper, Abominable Snowboarder, Hard Puck, Howlin One, Franken Ninja

Monster Ninja Warriors:
* Released in the UK in 1996/97, these guys were the only MIMPs released with weapons.

Sumo Stomper, Rotten Hood, Skeleton Samurai, Dirty Hari Kari, Mohican Warlord, Eye-Do-Jujitsu, Kung Fu-Neral, Shotgun Slasher, Sayonara Sucker, Terror Dactyl, Fear Wolf, None Chuck, Bigfoot Kickboxer, Cyber Samurai, Ninja Vulture, Karate Sid
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww snap.

Cannot wait.
Jabroniville

The Kraken

Post by Jabroniville »

Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides; above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumber'd and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
-Alfred Tennyson ("The Kraken")

11) THE KRAKEN
Origin:
Mythology/Folklore (Scandinavia)
Role: Ship-Sinking Sea Monster, Giant Squid
PL 14 (196)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 12 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 10 (+7, +17 Size)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 26 (+24, +4 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Grab, Startle, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense) [2]

"Squid Features"
"Eight Arms" Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Unarmed Reach 10 (Reach: 150 feet) [10]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]

"Ink Jet" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Cloud +4, Attack) [14]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 6 (120 mph) [6]
Immunity 3 (Pressure, Cold, Drowning) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 20 (Str & Sta +20, +20 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) -- (250 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [41]
"Body Ram" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (48) -- [50]
  • AE: "Tentacle Attack" (Extras: Multiattack 16 to Unarmed Damage) (16)
  • AE: "Single Tentacle" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +2) (36)
  • AE: "Whirlpool Wake" Move Object 12 (Extras: Area-120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Dragging Into Water) (36)
Strength-Damage +4 [4]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 15) [19]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +19 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +19, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Squid cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: -34 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 155 / Defenses: 42 (196)

-The Kraken is actually a creature hailing from Scandinavian folklore, and is an oceanic creature that threatens the coasts. The word "krake" means twisted or crooked, implying the evil nature of the creature. It's often believed that sightings of giant or colossal squids created the concept of the creature, though "we imagine _____, but bigger" is among the more common Monster Types out there, and early descriptions of the beast resembled crabs or whales more than cephalopods. From Norse tales it moved on to being a general "tall tale" common to all men of the seas- a superstition that crossed oceans. The name was given to the beast in Clash of the Titans, taking the role more commonly given to Cetus, but neither resembled an octopus (the Kraken of the film did, however, have four tentacles).

-The figure itself is alright-looking, at at least inventive- a monstrous, sharp-toothed face springs from beneath the "surface", along with some suckered legs. Not one of the better silhouettes in the line, but it's okay. It appears as a HUGE Boss in the NES video game, showing up at the end of the sewer level.

-Fabled for their ability to drag the heaviest ships to the bottom of the seas, and create massive whirlpools in their wake, Krakens are PERFECT Sea Monsters for a campaign. At PL 12, they're enough for a whole team of super-heroes, and so pushed towards Strength & Toughness that even the mightiest heroes will be hard-pressed to fight them. This build represents something that is actually capable of taking out an entire ship by itself, and would likely threaten even modern seafaring vessels. Imagine the naval reports coming in about THIS sucker!

-The Kraken is not only big and strong, but it has elite versions of the "Area Attack" Extras my own large creatures get. It's so big that it's wake causes a massive Move Object effect, dragging things behind it into the water (up to 100 tons worth). It's tentacles either Multiattack at +16 Damage, or strike out as Lines or Bursts, each 120 feet in scope. It's pricey, but it's a mindless monster, so who cares? The MIMP packaging asserts that the creature is one MILE wide, "as large as Yankee Stadium", so even this Growth doesn't really do it justice all the way.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Damn man, you can stat pretty much anything now can't you? When you gonna stat all of us out? :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:49 am Damn man, you can stat pretty much anything now can't you? When you gonna stat all of us out? :lol:
Hey, this is easy :). 90% of this is actually close to things I've already built, in fact. The research is the hardest part!