Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Nessie! Lamia! Ghouls! Baba Yaga! Ganesha!)

Post by Ares »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:56 pm Is Hanuman related to the Monkey King of Chinese legend?
Not to my knowledge. Sun Wukong served a very different role in Journey to the West, being a mischievous and clever warrior who was nonetheless at the mercy of his own ego and impulsiveness, which let him serve as an easy analogy for human nature. That story is more about Hanuman's journey from a trouble maker to gaining enlightnment and self-control, while Hanuman's origins are a bit more nebulous and to my knowledge he's always sort of an ideal combo of righteousness, cleverness and religious piety.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

He did help the Ultra brothers fight some kaiju though......what? He did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SvfSGyJhrQ

But yeah, this is a thing....and the weird thing is the events after the movie are even weirder. I strongly suggest checking the video out, even if just to see the kaiju get REKT SON.

as for the others, Baba Yaga...I had that figure and I always thought it was neat looking. And I remember watching Jack Frost on Mystery Science Theater, and while the witch's house with bird legs didn't strike any chords (first I'd ever heard of THAT tidbit) when she got in her pot and started flying around I was all "Heeeey she's Baba Yaga!"

As for the others, not much to say. I never had them (though I hear the Ganesh is graceful) though I always thought the Blemmyae looked really cool. I thought he was some kind of giant or ogre just from seeing him. Imagine my disappointment.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:24 pm He did help the Ultra brothers fight some kaiju though......what? He did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SvfSGyJhrQ

But yeah, this is a thing....and the weird thing is the events after the movie are even weirder. I strongly suggest checking the video out, even if just to see the kaiju get REKT SON.

as for the others, Baba Yaga...I had that figure and I always thought it was neat looking. And I remember watching Jack Frost on Mystery Science Theater, and while the witch's house with bird legs didn't strike any chords (first I'd ever heard of THAT tidbit) when she got in her pot and started flying around I was all "Heeeey she's Baba Yaga!"

As for the others, not much to say. I never had them (though I hear the Ganesh is graceful) though I always thought the Blemmyae looked really cool. I thought he was some kind of giant or ogre just from seeing him. Imagine my disappointment.
That movie is also the reason for the long, long legal battle between Chaiyo Productions (who co-created the movie. The movie was official, but the company made a bunch of unauthorized ripoffs later, including a Kamen Rider bootleg also featuring Hanuman), and Tsuburaya Productions, the actual owners of Ultraman.
I won't go into detail, but it's explained pretty well here on the Ultraman Wiki.
Jabroniville

Yama

Post by Jabroniville »

100) YAMA (aka "Fire Creature")
Origin:
God (Hindu Religion)
Role: God of the Dead
PL 12 (193)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 5 (+10)
Expertise (History) 9 (+12)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+13)
Expertise (God) 8 (+13)
Insight 8 (+13)
Intimidation 9 (+14)
Perception 8 (+13)
Persuasion 7 (+12)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 4 (Hindu Deity), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Several), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Hindu God"
"Immortal"
Immunity 7 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Hot, Cold, Pressure, Vacuum) [7]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [9]
"Four Arms" Extra Limbs 2 [2]

"Noose" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [12]
"Snatch Life" Weaken Stamina 14 (Feats: Reach 6) (20 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Snatch Life +10 (+14 Weaken, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +12

Complications:
Responsibility (The Dead)

Total: Abilities: 102 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 13 (193)

-Yama is the God of the Dead in Hindu Mythology, and the son of Surya, the Sun-God. Riding a water buffalo and holding a noose, mace, or sword, he is said to be fearsome and powerful, seizing life from those who are about to die. He also appears in Buddhist mythology frequently, largely as an aspect of how Buddhism hailed from India. Kenmadragond added the following: "But yeah, Yama has a whole lot of work to do. But his job is ensuring that people die and pass on properly. He typically has a bunch of minions and minor functionaries (that are all a part of him as aspects of his own divine being), that do the actual job of being "Grim Reaper", which leaves Yama to only attend to the Deaths of Important Personages. Even then, he's busy ensuring that everyone's souls are properly passing on, minding his minions in their duties, and ensuring that Death is done the way it must, so souls pass on through the cycle of Samsara, and the dead are brought to their respective afterlives in the Underworld (and for the exceptionally virtuous, Heaven)."

-The MIMP figure looks more like a melt-y, demonic minotaur than a mustache-twirling God, and is said to hail from Tibet. His mohawk and tiny fire wisp are usuall colored, which never looks great, but the solid-color version seems to be okay.
-For stats, I left Yama with high levels of power, and a Lasso that will actually physically kill people.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yama also features in Japanese myth as "Enma", who is the basis for DBZ's "King Yemma".
Jabroniville

Kali

Post by Jabroniville »

WOULD BANG.

19) KALI
Origin:
God (Hindu Religion)
Role: Goddess of Destruction and HEAVY METAL, Female Aspect of Shiva & Parvati
PL 14 (207)
STRENGTH
14 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Deception 5 (+10)
Expertise (History) 9 (+12)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+13)
Expertise (God) 8 (+13)
Insight 8 (+13)
Intimidation 9 (+14)
Perception 8 (+13)
Persuasion 7 (+12)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 4 (Hindu Deity), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Several), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Hindu God"
"Immortal"
Immunity 7 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Hot, Cold, Pressure, Vacuum) [7]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [9]

"Multitude of Arms"
Extra Limbs 8 [8]
Multiattack on Strength [14]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +14, Fortitude +12, Will +12

Complications:
Obsession (Destruction)- Kali is horrendously bloodthirsty, and may only be talked down by Shiva himself.
Relationship (Shiva)- Kali is Shiva's wife's dark incarnation in most stories, and he may calm her down by lying prostrate beneath her.

Total: Abilities: 126 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 15 (207)

-Kali is among the more famous Hindu deities, and is a terrifying, deadly destroyer, though typically targets only evil forces (and in some aspects is kindly and a benevolent mother figure). She is often the consort/feminine aspect of Shiva (sort of combining Shiva with his wife Parvati), himself terribly destructive, and is typically viewed as a blue-skinned, six-armed woman with her tongue sticking out (the Rolling Stones logo was taken from an image of Kali). From Kenma: "Its not wholly accurate to call Kali the consort of Shiva. She is, but the title isn't that of "Shiva's Wife" - that's Parvati's title. But Parvati and Kali are kind of the same person? But not really? It really depends on who you're asking, because the stories differ widely. Nevertheless, she's absolutely terrifying, vastly powerful, and usually can only be tamed by Shiva (who himself is tamed by Parvati, who may or may not also be Kali as well as Gauri... theirs is an interesting relationship)."

-One telling of Kali's rare battlefield appearances: "Kali's appearance is dark blue, gaunt with sunken eyes, and wearing a tiger skin and a garland of human heads. She immediately defeats the two demons. Later in the same battle, the demon Raktabija is undefeated because of his ability to reproduce himself from every drop of his blood that reaches the ground. Countless Raktabija clones appear on the battlefield. Kali eventually defeats him by sucking his blood before it can reach the ground, and eating the numerous clones." A band of thieves making a human sacrifice to appease her instead drew her ire when the victim, a monk of Brahmin, was so devout that his image burned her- she decapitated the thieves and drank their blood as a result, because she is the Goddess of METAL.

-Kali is one of the earliest monsters in the MIMP line, and thus appears in the NES game as well (as a "three-hit" Monster), providing one of the few video games where you can defeat an actively-worshipped divinity in three hits. The figure is pretty good, with the famous "Garland of human heads", and in her four-armed aspect instead of the ten-armed one.

-Kali here is built up as a mighty PL 14- enough to take anyone in the real world with ease. With her multiple arms and sharp teeth, she does a horrendous amount of damage very quickly.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Karnak

Post by Jabroniville »

15) KARNAK
Origin:
None (Made up for the toy line)
Role: Punisher of Grave-Robbers
PL 8 (136)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+7)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 9 (+12)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Mind Control 8 [32]

"Pair of Skulls" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [18]
Environment 10 (Visibility, Impede Movement, Cold) (30 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Punishing Grave-Robbers)- Violate the graves of Pharaohs at your peril.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 9 (136)

-Karnak is, unusually, a MIMP creation- inspired by the cat-headed Gods of Egypt, but meant to act as a monster, not a figure of worship. His job is simply to punish those who violate the graves of Pharaohs. Clashing two skulls together, he can create storms of great power, and he can also take control of the minds of interlopers. He appears in the NES game as one of the enemies that takes two hits to defeat. The figure is pretty stiff, but well-detailed facially and with the skulls in its hands.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Sebek

Post by Jabroniville »

69) SEBEK (aka Sobek, "Crocodile Man")
Origin:
God (Ancient Egypt)
Role: God of War & Protection, Crocodile God
PL 10 (153)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (God) 7 (+10)
Expertise (History) 2 (+5)
Expertise (War) 10 (+13)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit (Status- God), Diehard, Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Immortal God"
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]
Immunity 9 (Aging, Drowning, Suffocation, Starvation & Thirst, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Poison, Disease) [9]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Crocodile Head"
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
"Sensory Pits" Senses 3 (Accurate Ranged Touch) [3]

"Water-Based Creature"
Swimming 5 (8 mph) [5]
Immunity 1 (Drowning, Heat) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Underwater) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Egyptian Pantheon)

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 12 (153)

-Sebek, more commonly called "Sobek", was a fairly "fluid" (ie. they changed worship of him a lot) deity, being a crocodile-headed God of War and Protection. The Egyptians of course would have deeply respected and feared the mighty Crocodiles that inhabited the Nile River and Africa as a whole, and made one of them a benevolent God ('twas the lethal HIPPO who was considered a more evil animal, and created a nastier god). Sobek covered fertility as well- one hymn speaks to spooge (swear to God calling a pharaoh "Lord of semen"). Sobek was later fused with aspects of first Horus, and then Ra- the final worshippers of these Gods actually considered Sobek more highly than those before them.

-Sobek was in charge of THE MOST BITCHING RELIGIOUS TEMPLE EVER, in (again, swear to God) Crocodilopolis, in which live Nile Crocodiles were raised as living incarnations of the god, mummified upon death, and more.

-The Sebek MIMP figure is fine, but a bit plain- just a muscular guy with a crocodilian head. He was renamed "Crocodile Man" following the line's recall over Ganesha & Herne, despite there being few worshippers in modern times.
Jabroniville

Anubis

Post by Jabroniville »

75) ANUBIS
Origin:
God (Ancient Egypt)
Role: God of Funerary Rights
PL 10 (144)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (God) 7 (+10)
Expertise (History) 2 (+5)
Insight 10 (+13)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit (Status- God), Diehard, Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Immortal God"
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]
Immunity 9 (Aging, Drowning, Suffocation, Starvation & Thirst, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Poison, Disease) [9]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Canine Head"
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Tracking) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Egyptian Pantheon)

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 12 (144)

-More typically called Anpu in Inpu during the time of his most-active worship, Anubis was renamed when the Greeks came calling. In a death-obsessed culture, it was Anubis who was the most important God of funerary rights, being in charge of mummification, embalming, cemeteries & tombs, and the Underworld itself. Famously sporting the head of a canine (often a jackal, possibly the African Golden Wolf in older depictions), Anubis oversaw the weighing of a person's heart against Ma'at ("truth") before they joined the afterlife- if it was too heavy, their souls were devoured and obliterated. Despite his importance (though Osiris eventually replaced him in the cults as rulder of the Underworld), he was not involved directly in many myths, and his parentage is dubious, changing numerous times (He is either the son of Hesat, a cow-goddess, or Bastet, while another story features him as the son of Ra himself. ).

-Anubis is one of the most famous Egyptian deities, if not #1 with a bullet, owing to his dog-headed nature and his status as "God of the Dead". Like Hades, he has been unfairly been painted as evil in many incarnations, but it's important to remember that both beings merely RULED the dead; they did not fight for power or actively kill people. Anubis was portrayed as more fair-minded in a great Gargoyles episode, where he explains that death itself is impartial- all are equal.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Baba Yaga! Ganesha! Hanuman! Kali! Anubis!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I didn't have many of these, aside from Yama

In my MIMP, Yama was the supreme leader (being a solid 100) and was often whom the Imp schemed against to gain power.

My Yama was also pretty bitching because he was one of the glow in the dark monsters, so that was kinda cool.

I had no idea Karnak was made up though. I knew it was a place, but I just figured that there'd a psycho pomp of the creature
Jabroniville

Nuckelavee

Post by Jabroniville »

Well that’s just horrifying.

66) NUCKELAVEE
Origin:
Mythological Creature (Scotland)
Role: Nightmare Creature, Sea Beast, Bogeyman
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 8 (+8, +9 Size)
Perception 6 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Move-By Action

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision) [2]

"Wilts Crops" Weaken Stamina 5 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Progressive +2) [20]
"Human Torso on the Back" Extra Limbs 2 [2]

"Water Creature"
Swimming 8 (8) -- [9]
  • AE: Speed 3 (16 mph) (3)
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Weakness (Freshwater)- Nuckelavee are sea creatures, and will not enter or pass over rivers, streams, or lakes.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 13 (110)

-Nuckelavee is another new one to me- they are aquatic, horse-like demons from the Northern Isles of Scotland. The Nuckelavee features a large-headed, legless human torso attached to its back, as if the horse had a rider, and its arms reach the ground. Its breath could wilt crops and sicken livestock, and it was considered to be responsible for droughts and epidemics on land. The Nuckelavee was opposed by a more benevolent sea-creature, and it would only reveal itself at certain times of year.

-The MIMP figure is a bizarre, melt-y looking cyclopean horse with strange human-like limbs hanging off its back, as there's supposed to be a human torso up attached up there. It's a bit of a mess, though, and doesn't look quite like anything unless you see it up close and can maa as he out the head lolling off to one side.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shock

Re: Anubis

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 pm Image
That is a BADASS statue
Jabroniville

Astaroth

Post by Jabroniville »

102) ASTAROTH (aka "Mutant Spider")
Origin:
Demon (Biblical Theology)
Role: Greater Hell-Lord, Demon
PL 10 (213)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Expertise (Demon) 10 (+13)
Expertise (Magic) 10 (+13)
Expertise (Current Events) 10 (+13)
Insight 5 (+10)
Intimidation 7 (+12)
Perception 5 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Prince of Hell), Ranged Attack 8, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Great Prince of Hell"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel- Hell) [2]

"Arachnid Physiology"
"Arachnid Senses" Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
"Tremorsense" Senses 4 (Ranged Touch- Accurate 2 & Extended) [4]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Burrowing 2 [2]

"Spider-Bite" Strength-Damage +0 Linked to Weaken Stamina 6 (Extras: Progressive +2) & Affliction 4 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Progressive +2) (Quirk: Takes 3-4 Rounds to Start -2) (28) -- [30]
  • AE: "Irritating Hairs" Dazzle Visuals 4 (8)
  • AE: "Webbing" Snare 8 (Flaws: Touch Range) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Snare +12 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Spider-Bite +12 (+8 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 23 & 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

Complications:
Responsibility (Great Duke of Hell)- Astaroth has certain responsibilities.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 63 / Defenses: 15 (213)

-Astaroth is another Demon- a "Great Duke of Hell" in whatever "Demonology" is. This stuff honestly comes across like those stories people write about one-off people Tolkien named- like you take a name mentioned in the Bible and write this story about a guy riding a dragon and using a whip and it's sooooooooooooo friggin' FanFiccy. A check of stuff shows a guy in 1577 naming him as part of the "first hierarchy" with Beelzebub & Lucifer- an evil trinity. His name apparently comes from Astarte, a name for the Babylonian Goddess Ishtar, who is mentioned in the Bible as an opposing force to God. Astaroth is first mentioned as a male demon in a 1458 Hebrew scripture.

-Monster in My Pocket inexplicably turns him into a giant spider with a skull drawn on its abdomen and a human face on its back. He "tempts mortals with the easy life and lures them into his web". The figure is painted, but honestly doesn't look as bad as most of the painted figures. He was renamed "Mutant Spider" in the UK after a point.

-I took the Orobas build and swapped in Giant Spider stuff- technically Astaroth could have ANY powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Baba Yaga! Ganesha! Hanuman! Kali! Anubis!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

People really love throwing the names of the demons onto their own characters, too - Just using Astaroth as an example, the name's thrown onto the demon villain of Ghosts 'n Goblins, Soul Calibur has a guy with that name, among others.
Jabroniville

Re: Anubis

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:15 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 pm
That is a BADASS statue
Yeah, it popped up right away on Google Image Search- there's some badass collectible stuff of Anubis, the most interesting-looking of the Egyptian Gods.