Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
M4C8

Re: Jab’s Builds! (King of Fighters Maximum Impact! Fiolina!)

Post by M4C8 »

Excited about the New Warriors builds, IIRC the first job lot of back issues I even bought from a comic shop was NW volume 1.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Hyena

Post by Jabroniville »

HYENA
First Appearance:
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact (as Announcer only)
Game Appearances: King of Fighters: MI 2 & A
Role: Joke Character, Wimpy Henchman
PL 6 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+10)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Kick Combo), Improved Critical (Crescent Kick)

SNK Fighting Style: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack, Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Spinning Helicopter Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Thrown Playing Card" Blast 4 (Flaws: Source- Playing Cards) (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Cowardice)- Hyena is wimpy, and shies away from fights.
Weakness (Predictability)- SNK Characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 3 + 11 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 6 (89)

-Hyena is the goofy-ass Announcer in KoF: Maximum Impact, working directly for Duke as a go-between for the fighters, but became an unlockable character in the second game. Wearing a green suit and sporting huge sideburns, he was supposed to be the "off-beat" one, acting like a coward and being generally inept during fights.
Jabroniville

Nagase

Post by Jabroniville »

NAGASE
First Appearance:
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2
Role: Snarky Girl, Killer Cyborg Ninja
PL 7 (111)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Assassin) 4 (+6)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Shurikens- Blast 3) (Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Fireball), Improved Critical (Slashing Combo), Ranged Attack 4

SNK Fighting Style: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack, Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Slashing Combo" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5) -- [8]
  • AE: "Fireball" Blast 4 (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -1) (5)
  • AE: "Invisibility" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Flaws: Limited to a Short Time) (2)
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Testing Her Limits)- Nagase has enhanced powers thanks to science, and wishes to test them out.
Rivalry (Pretty Boys)- Nagase despises pretty boys like Rock Howard & Kyo Kusanagi, preferring older men in general.
Weakness (Predictability)- SNK Characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 9 + 11 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 10 (111)

-With wild hair and round glasses, Nagase is said to be "a very Falcoon design", and was more or less taken from an old sketch of his (yes, a LITERAL SKETCHPAD CHARACTER) and given a pretty sassy personality. She's a human transformed by one of the "Addes" gang's subordinates into an enhanced version with a "Battle Disc System" that enhances her powers. With no loyalty to anyone, she does Jivatma's bidding simply to test out the limits of her powers.

-Nagase's moves are similar to Hanzo Hattori's from Samurai Shodown, though she sports a slashing-style combo- she has a Teleport, Invisibility (a really rare power in KoF, and more. As Hanzo's in the same game, this is probably both a cute in-joke and a cheap way to save on character animations and attacks.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

This guy...

This guy sucks a lot.

(Sorry. That was in reference to Hyena. Nagase is a pretty cool design.)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Hyena really is a deliberate Joke Character, after all. His in-game bio also seems to show that he's a toady type, and spent his time sucking up to Duke and reveling in the power that being a part of the gang brought him (until it was brought down), as well as a lot of lying to people by claiming that he had a lot more power than he actually did, his boasts netting him a reputation and an invite into the second game's tournament, where I can only presume he lost painfully.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I get that he's a joke character, but his visual design is so bad. Also, though he has very few lines of dialogue in the game, he doesn't actually come across as a joke.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Xiao Lon

Post by Jabroniville »

XIAO LON
First Appearance:
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Regulation "A"
Game Appearances: King of Fighters: MI "A" only
Role: Assassin Girl
PL 7 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Expertise (Assassin) 5 (+5)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment (Concealed Weapons +1), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Weapons), Improved Critical (Poison Kiss)

Powers:
"Poison Kiss" Weaken Stamina 4 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Feats: +1 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (12) -- [13]
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Weapons +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Poison Kiss +10 (+4 Weaken, DC 14)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Unloved & Tainted)- Ron's wife did not care for her stepdaughter, and caused Ron to avoid her. Her poisonous body will also prevent her from ever living a normal life.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 4 + 11 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 11 (112)

-Another character with a VERY "Falcoon" design (the wild hair and flamboyant outfit are dead giveaways), Xiao Lon was created to bridge between the 2D & 3D King of Fighters games by making her the sister of Duo Lon, who was at that point appearing in the "Ash Crimson Saga". She's sort of based on the Chinese "Xianchi" ghosts (same as Hsein-Ko from Dark Stalkers) and a scorpion. Her father, Ron (a minor, unplayable character in the franchise) disassociated himself from her because his wife didn't like Xiao's mother (he was apparently a bigamist). In order to impress people, she was trained in the "poison hand" techniques of Lin's, but Duo Lon was the only person who liked her.

-Xiao Lon fights a little bit like Lin, but specializes in a "Poison Kiss" that drains health continuously, as well as using weapons concealed beneath her clothing.
Grenzer

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Ash Crimson! Elisabeth! Those From The Past!)

Post by Grenzer »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Grenzer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:49 am Quick note, the Mr. Karate who appears in this game is not Takuma, but a future version of Ryo after he becomes the full head of the Kyokugen Karate School. He is grey-haired, bearded, and has supped up moves. Most of the time he does not wear the tengu mask, but you can add it as an alternate.

Did I mention Ryo is my favorite KOF character? I know Jab does not like him that much, but he is actually a fantastic character. There was a discussion earlier on this thread about how other readers liked Danny Rand/Iron Fist because he was a relatable blue-collar martial artist. Ryo fills a very similar role in the KOF cast.And he canonically beat the crap out of Geese in both AOF and KOF, so that counts for something.

I'll get into that more later.
That's great that you find a way to enjoy someone I may personally not like- I'll admit I haven't done the story modes of hardly any KoF characters, so I might not know the finer details of many of their lives. I hadn't considered Ryo that much of a "Blue Collar" guy before, not having had that information.

PS I finally completed a Kenshiro build, and he'll be posted at the end of the KoF set in a couple of days- he was actually a lot of fun, what with that Reddit thing outlining all of his weird one-off powers! That kind of thing makes the building process very entertaining. Then I'll make everyone read me gush about Frozen and its characters (you know, as opposed to what I normally do on this thread).
Ryo is in essence a mixture of the Ryu/Ken archetype with various other influences thrown in: 80's American Rebel Heroes (Ryo's face and personality were apparently modeled after Patrick Swayze*, but some of his behaviors in latter games seem patterned after Kurt Russell as Jack Burton, perhaps to play up his goofy side), Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter (SNK turned the parody around by making Ryo a more humorous character while still keeping him as an elite fighter), and the 'Idiot Hero' found in a lot of shonen manga.

There is also a question of how much a Ryu clone Ryo is when his original creator Takashi Nishiyama was one of the two directors on the original Street Fighter. Apparently Nishiyama created Art of Fighting to make a fighting game closer to his original vision for the SF franchise before the executives at Capcom demanded various changes to appeal to Japanese arcade gamers. This includes Ryo's blond hair and red gi, which Nishiyama wanted for the main character of SF, but it was insisted the main character be more recognizably Japanese. At the time, the compromise was made to make Ryu a redhead, and Ken have the blond hair/red gi combo because he would only be the P2 selection. After Nishiyama left Capcom for SNK, Ryu's design was tweaked to make him look darker in every subsequent SF game, although there are several reasons for this that have nothing to do with ethnic politics. But that subject
is worthy of its own post and I want to stay on topic.

Ryo's backstory in AoF is harsh: expected to inherit his family's karate school, Ryo finds he lacks the talent to live up to his father's high expectations. Robert, the son of Takuma's old friend Alberto Garcia chooses to train with in Kyokugen karate against his father wishes (who sees it a a youthful fancy) and quickly becomes the star pupil, destroying Ryo's self-confidence. And then his mom is murdered, and Takuma recklessly abandons his children to avenge his wife. Forced to raise his younger sister Yuri while still a young teenager, Ryo drops out of school and becomes a construction worker to make ends meet, but when that does not pay the bills he tries moonlighting as an underground prize fighter... and gets the crap kicked out of him on numerous occasions.

Recalling his father's words, "A man's strength cannot be known only by his fist." Ryo realizes that he must become strong not just for his own sake, but Yuri's as well if she is to survive. He uses the construction job as a way to train his body, and through sheer grit and hard practice begins to win street fights and build a reputation for himself as 'The Invincible Dragon'. Robert moves back the the USA when he turns eighteen, and he and Ryo form a sort of 80's action buddy duo for the next several years, which is why Mr. Big begins to fear them and kidnaps Yuri to get leverage over them.

And this was all told in a mini comic that came with the original Japanese NeoGeo cartridge of Art of Fighting, so it is not something that American players of the game would have known back in the 90's. SNK wikia has untranslated scans of it up. The art was by Shinkiro, who was SNK's chief illustration as the time and designed many of SNK's most iconic characters. It sort of reminds me of Frank Miller's artwork for Daredevil, but I have no idea if was an intentional homage.

And that is all just part of the reason I like Ryo. From a gameplay perspective, he's a heavy-weight shoto with a lot of options and counterattacks, and that always appealed to my playing style. And yes, I know Terry and Kyo are always going to overshadow him both in and out of universe, but his scrappy underdog status gives him even more character for it. Although it should be pointed out in the KOF games that Ryo is considered an equal to the aforementioned heroes, and seen as a major competitor in the tournaments. No one ever really speaks down to him as such (except for villains), and in one manga Kyo sought him out for advice in endurance training.

* In turn Robert is a mix of Andy Garcia and Steven Segal, and Garcia became Robert's last name.

And aside from that, I am really looking forward to your take on Kenshiro. And I really have to talk about some of the other KOF characters like Kyo. His flame powers work in some very interesting ways that are not necessarily reflected in gameplay. But that is something for another day.
Last edited by Grenzer on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jivatma

Post by Jabroniville »

JIVATMA
First Appearance:
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2
Role: Final Boss (MI 2 & A), Crime Boss, Shapeshifter
PL 8 (144)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 2 (+9)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Critical (Dark Energy) 2, Improved Critical (Dark Energy Punches) 2, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Shapeshift" Morph 3 (Various Human Forms) [15]

"Dark Energy" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -1) (7) -- [8]
  • AE: "Dark Energy Punches" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2, Variable- Bludgeoning or Blades) (Inaccurate -1) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Firestorm +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Dark Energy +9 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Jivatma runs his wing of the "Addes" gang, controlling various things and making subordinates carry out hits for him.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 11 + 11 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 11 (144)

-Jivatma is the new Final Boss of KoF: Maximum Impact 2, and is retroactively made the boss of Duke from the first. Your typical "stylish, arrogant boss" that's found a lot in anime and manga, he's a shapeshifter with stretching, bladed limbs, and has a lot of mystery surrounding him.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Ash Crimson! Elisabeth! Those From The Past!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Grenzer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:12 am
And that is all just part of the reason I like Ryo. From a gameplay perspective, he's a heavy-weight shoto with a lot of options and counterattacks, and that always appealed to my playing style. And yes, I know Terry and Kyo are always going to overshadow him both in and out of universe, but his scrappy underdog status gives him even more character for it. Although it should be pointed out in the KOF games that Ryo is considered an equal to the aforementioned heroes, and seen as a major competitor in the tournaments. No one ever really speaks down to him as such (except for villains), and in one manga Kyo sought him out for advice in endurance training.

* In turn Robert is a mix of Andy Garcia and Steven Segal, and Garcia became Robert's last name.

And aside from that, I am really looking forward to your take on Kenshiro. And I really have to talk about some of the other KOF characters like Kyo. His flame powers work in some very interesting ways that are not necessarily reflected in gameplay. But that is something for another day.
Cool- neat comic! Thanks for sharing that!

And yeah, I'd be curious as to the other applications of the Kusanagi Flames. The most "Story-Oriented" stuff I remember from King of Fighters was one particular run of the games on GameFaqs, that seemed to go into extraordinary detail on each team's story in each game- I believe it came from sources SNK released alongside the games, though as Alex Lucard of Diehard GameFan said, "It doesn't count to a game's story if you don't release it in the game!"
Jabroniville

Yuki Kishinada

Post by Jabroniville »

This is quite literally the most generic design ever made. It was like they wanted to tell the female audience "YOU are Kyo's girlfriend."

YUKI KISHINADA
First Appearance:
SNK Gals' Fighter (first appeared as a backgrounder in King of Fighters '97)
Game Appearances: SNK Gals' Fighter
Role: Kyo's Girlfriend
PL 5 (88)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Expertise (Schoolgirl) 3 (+3)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment (Backpack +1), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Reading Stars), Improved Critical (Steam Blast), Improved Critical (Sleeve Hammer)

Powers:
Features 1: Adds Backpack Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Screaming 'NO!!!'" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Reduced Defenses -2) (4) -- [5]
  • AE: "Backpack Swing" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 17)
Backpack +8 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Backpack Swing +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
"NO!" +4 Area Damage (DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Kyo Kusanagi)- Yuki and Kyo are dating.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 5 + 11 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 9 (88)

-Yuki Kushinada is one of those generic, sexless "Girlfriend" characters you found a lot in material targetted towards young Japanese boys- it was imperative that their hero be manly enough to DATE girls (as boys knew that this was something older guys did), but they didn't want their hero tied down with icky, cootie-ridden female concerns, so these charming, generic, friendly girls were often put into the backgrounds. Yuki has a plain name, a plain look (she's even short-haired!), and wears the plain schoolgirl outfit, and is seen in the backdrops. Though it's said on the SNK Wiki that she was added because Kyo was more popular with female gamers than male ones, and so they wanted some romance introduced, if only so they wouldn't pull some "yaoi" stuff and try to "ship" him with other males.

-Yuki appeared in some random mangas and a contest was even held to voice her, with many fans of the games applying, but she was always kind of a minor thing. She is kidnapped by the "New Faces Team" in the finale of King of Fighters '97, as a sacrifice to Orochi- when Kyo, Iori & Chizuru arrive, Orochi is forced to possess the body of Chris instead. Yuki scarcely appears in anything else, but is a random selectable character in the handheld game SNK Gals Fighter, a low-budget game with "big-head" graphics. Here, she uses her backpack as a weapon.
Jabroniville

King of Fighters EX

Post by Jabroniville »

THE KING OF FIGHTERS EX (2002):
-Another peculiarity in KoF history is the release of a pair of handheld versions of the series for the Game Boy Advance in the early 2000s. Out of continuity (the "NESTS Saga" never happened), they made up a few new characters of their own- starting with Moe in the first one. Strikers are included in this game, typically based off of popular characters who weren't included, like Shingo, Joe Higashi, and others. It's centered around the "Ten Treasures of Japan", though this never impacted the story- I assume it was a first draft that got rejected.

Established Characters:
1) Kyo Kusanagi
2) Benimaru Nikaido
3) Terry Bogard
4) Andy Bogard
5) Mai Shiranui
6) Ryo Sakazaki
7) Robert Garcia
8) King
9) Leona Heidern
10) Ralf Jones
11) Clark Still
12) Kim Kaphwan
13) Chang Koehan
14) Choi Bounge
15) Athena Asamiya
16) Sie Kensou
17) Bao
18) Iori Yagami (Sub-Boss)
19) Geese Howard (Final Boss)

New Characters:
20) Moe Habana- The only new character, she's a normal-dressing girl who looks up to Kyo and joins his quest.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS EX2 (2003):
-The year after KoF EX was released, the GBA got a sequel, also released for the failed Nokia N-Gage system. A few characters are removed or swapped out- Robert, King & Geese are gone. A man named Gustav Munchausen is trying to revive the spirit of Goenitz by channeling it in a boy's body. The boy, Sinobu Amou, is one of the ten sacred treasures, and Gustav hosts the tournament to test his new weapon's power.

Established Characters:
21) Yuri Sakazaki
22) Takuma Sakazaki

New Characters:
23) Reiji Oogami- A wild-haired guy who's allied with Chizuru, and sent to help Kyo on his quest to quell the Orochi power within Sinobu.
24) Miu Kurosaki- A schoolgirl in dark clothing, out to help her brother Sinobu.
25) Jun Kagami- A wild, busty girl allied with Miu.
26) Sinobu Amou- A young boy possessed by the Orochi Power within Goenitz.
Jabroniville

Moe Habana

Post by Jabroniville »

MOE HABANA
First Appearance:
King of Fighters EX
Game Appearances: King of Fighters EX & EX2
Role: Sporty Girl
PL 7 (102)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Reading Stars), Improved Critical (Steam Blast), Improved Critical (Sleeve Hammer)

Powers:
"Sleeve Hammer- Punch Combo" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 2) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 2 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (3) -- [5]
  • AE: "Reading Stars- Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Steam Blast- Flash Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Punch Combo +12 (+2 Damage & Affliction, DC 17 & 12)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Kyo Kusanagi)- Moe helped Kyo out after he was injured fighting Orochi, and views him as a "big brother" figure.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 4 + 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 11 (102)

-Moe Habana is one of the "Ten Treasures", and is a biracial (always Half-Japanese in video games, remember), sporty-looking girl who acts as the primary female character of the KoF EX handheld games. She found Kyo Kusanagi after his battle against Orochi, and nursed him back to health- hanging out with him to guard him, viewing him as a "big brother" figure.

-Moe fights using Jeet Kune Do, and is your standard female character.
Jabroniville

Miu Kurosaki

Post by Jabroniville »

MIU KUROSAKI
First Appearance:
King of Fighters EX 2
Game Appearances: King of Fighters EX2
Role: Dark Girl
PL 7 (98)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Amagakeri) 3 (+10)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Reading Stars), Improved Critical (Amagakeri), Improved Critical (Yomosugura), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Amagakeri- Crow Feather Blast" Blast 3 (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -1) (1) -- [2]
  • AE: "Yomosugara- Energy Drill" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Amagakeri +10 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:

Complications:
Relationship (Sinobu Amou- Brother)- Miu fights to rescue her brother from Orochi's influence.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 8 + 11 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 11 (98)

-Miu Kurosaki is a dark-dressing, quiet, lonely girl, teaming up with Iori Yagami to find her younger brother Sinobu, who'd been corrupted by Orochi's power. She fights using a tiny blast of crow feathers and an Energy Drill from her hands.
Jabroniville

Reiji Oogami

Post by Jabroniville »

REIJI OOGAMI
First Appearance:
King of Fighters EX 2
Game Appearances: King of Fighters EX2
Role: Wild-Haired Guy, Chizuru's Helper
PL 7 (106)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Expertise (Dancing) 6 (+9)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Critical (Violent Wolf Bash) 2

Powers:
"Flying Wolf Bash- Shadow Image" Blast 4 (Feats: Accurate 2) (Reduced Defenses -2, Diminished Range -2) (4) -- [5]
  • AE: "Violent Wolf Bash- Karate Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Flying Wolf Bash +7 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:

Complications:
Relationship (Kyo Kusanagi)- Moe helped Kyo out after he was injured fighting Orochi, and views him as a "big brother" figure.
Weakness (Predictability)- SNK Characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done. However, Reiji can use the Violent Wolf Bash any time he likes, with no flaws.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 3 + 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 11 (106)

-The only new MALE character introduced as a regular character in the King of Fighters EX series, Reiji debuted in the second game, and is one of the "Ten Treasures". He's a representative of Chizuru, and teams up with Kyo. He was thought to perhaps be Chizuru's husband, but it turns out they're just allies from similar clans. Some of his attacks come with shadow images falling behind, but the Flying Wolf Bash actually acts as a Blast (the "Shadow Image" leaps out of him, while he stays still).