Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Volga Belle

Post by Jabroniville »

VOLGA BELLE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Danny Fingeroth & Mike Manley
First Appearance: Darkhawk #16 (June 1992)
Role: Anti-Democratic Terrorist, Aggressive Brute, Powerhouse
Group Affiliations: The Peristrike Force, Remont Six
PL 7 (95)
STRENGTH
2/7 STAMINA 3/6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Terrorist) 6 (+8)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Monstrous Form"
Enhanced Strength 5 [10]
Enhances Stamina 3 [6]
Power-Lifting 1 (6 tons) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+6 Powered Form), Fortitude +5 (+8 Powered Form), Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Overthrowing Russia)- The Peristrike Force wish to overthrow Russia's new democratically-elected government and install a new dictator.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 10 (95)

-Volga Belle was an aggressive brute- a stocky woman who turned into a squat, dark grey monster, and tended to lash out first. She brawled with Darkhawk during a battle at his school, holding off his amulet's power with her bare hands, and had to be kept from killing their kidnapping target by Scattershot, the field leader. She threw around some police cars during their escape, but was one-shotted by Darkhawk in their second battle, when he suddenly transformed into his powered form from his human one. Of the entire team, she is the only one to have a second appearance, showing up in the Winter Guard Limited Series, joining the Soviet revolutionaries called "Remont Six". When the Winter Guard came to stop their terrorist activities, she and the Snow Leopard brothers attacked Ursa Major, who easily knocked them all out.

-Volga is PL 7- a strong fighter who can toss cars around, but ultimately falters before a concentrated metahuman attack- both Darkhawk and Ursa Major have one-shotted her.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Fraternity of Raptors

Post by Jabroniville »

THE FRATERNITY OF RAPTORS
Created By:
C.B. Cebulski, Harvey Talibao & Bong Dazo
First Appearance: War of Kings: Darkhawk #1 (April 2009)
Role: Ancient Intergalactic Guild of Assassins

-The Fraternity of Ratpors was a retcon established to give the Darkhawk Armor a new origin story- it turns out that EVERYTHING YOU KNEW WAS WRONG, and Darkhawk's armor actually hails from the Fraternity of Raptors, an ancient organization meant to maintain the Shi'ar Empire through assassination and espionage. They eventually grew too powerful, and were sealed away in patches of dark matter, forgotten to history, but some escaped. Reawakened in modern times, the Raptor named Talon teamed up with Darkhawk, but controlled him with the identity "Razor", and killed Empress Lilandra. Later, Darkhawk had to fight and defeat Gyre, and two Shi'ar Imperial Guardsmen, Mentor & Plutonia, were convinced to become Raptors as well, but naturally, the next writers forgot that and they just showed up in the Guard like normal shortly thereafter.

-Later, in Guardians of the Galaxy, the Raptors took control of Nova-Prime's brother, Robbie Rider, and forced him to accept their armor, which took over his mind as "Dark Starhawk". Robbie slaughtered Gyre, and Razor died saving Darkhawk after turning good, but in the ensuing battle (Nova trying to reason with Robbie), Death's Head blew up the Raptors' ship, killing all of the sentient armors present. Later, Robbie gathered a new contingent of Raptors and fought to gain some Infinity Gems. Most of them were killed in the next battle, when another ship exploded.

Roster:
Talon- The seeming leader so far.
Raptor- The mind in the Darkhawk Armor. Became sentient and sacrificed his life to save Darkhawk, telling him to continue on their mission.
Gyre- Fought Darkhawk and was beaten. Later killed by Dark Starhawk.
Kyre- Plutonia of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
Strel- Mentor of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
Canorus & Aceptar- Tried to capture Chris Powell's Raptor Amulet on Earth.
Dark Starhawk- Robbie Rider, brother of Nova.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Darkhawk! Peristrike Force! Fraternity of Raptors!)

Post by Woodclaw »

The weird thing about the Raptors is that they could have been included in much more coherent way, while keeping most of their elements intact.
Let me paint you a picture:
  • The Raptors are a secret order/military unit working with or for an established alien power in the MU;
  • To prevent the loss of information and agents, the Raptors develops the amulets and the android bodies.
  • The new semi-immortality of the Raptors makes them problematic, so their allies seal them away.
  • Later on, Evilhawk discover some hints of Raptor technology and manages to get his hand on a few amulets.
  • Evilhawk receuits a team of scientists to replicate the amulets. They are unduccessful, but manage to "hijack" the ones they have, so that they operate outside of the Raptors' network, building also a new housing for the androids.
  • The original Darkhawk series happens as we know, except that Evilhawk provides Chris with a doctored version of the story.
  • After coming into contact with another Raptor survivor, Darkhawk is reconnected to the network
Unless I'm grossly mistaken, this accounts for pretty much everything and it soft-reboot only a couple of details.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I am always so pleased with how well the people on this board come up with better, more consistent stories than comics writers.

If only companies cared about consistent stories rather than...well...all sorts of other crap.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Talon (Fraternity of Raptors)

Post by Jabroniville »

TALON I (Shir Ydrn Talonis)
Created By:
C.B. Cebulski, Harvey Talibao & Bong Dazo
First Appearance: War of Kings: Darkhawk #1 (April 2009)
Role: Dark Mentor Figure

-Talon is the first of the "Fraternity of Raptors" seen, and lies to Chris Powell about their nature. Soon enough, the truth is revealed, and Talon has the "Razor" mind take over Chris's host body and kill Empress Lilandra. His host body is that of a Skrull commander. He watches as Vulcan risks everything to fight Black Bolt, and prepares to take control of the Shi'ar himself, but is finally defeated by Chris, now fully in control of Darkhawk, who exiles Talon back to Null Space, where all the armors reside. He tries to make it back, but the Skrull, freed from his control, kills them both in a suicide attack. He later reappears on an Imperial Guard ship, recruiting Mentor & Plutonia to the Fraternity and allying with Gladiator in a life or death battle. Later, he is combined with Robbie Rider and exerts some control over him, though aspects of Robbie remain.

-Talon has powers pretty equivalent to the later Darkhawk- he's a PL 10, fast-moving assassin.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Darkhawk

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:43 pm I kind of enjoyed the Darkhawk series because I could relate to having troubles at home, troubles at work, feeling like an outsider, being angry.
And the amulet was a power source that made me think "Hey, I could do this."
I mean, I'm not super smart, super fast, extra talented, am worthy of the powers of Thor, or come from some other planet and earn powers from the sun.
But I could pick up an amulet and transform into a superhero. And being able to heal after I screw up? Because I would screw up. Repeatedly.
Like non-stop ;~)

Eh, I know the series was a massive failure, but then that's my life.
If I enjoy it, it gets canceled. If I dislike it? It makes MILLIONS! :lol:
Yeah, I can see that- Darkhawk is more "real" than even Spider-Man, because well... Parker was a GENIUS. Not many of his readers could have made web-shooters. So his powers getting dumped on him completely by accident can make him a more approachable, normal person.

I was excited when they said they were bringing Darkhawk back, but the Fraternity of Raptors didn't work for me.
For starters the name is terrible, too long, and doesn't seem really impressive.
And then for some reason huge retcon of the origin, the writer pulling a "it was all a dream" nonsense, and suddenly the Darkhawk armor can do anime upgrades in midbattle.

Yup. For the people who liked Darkhawk (So... just me?) this was insulting. And sadly the new direction they went didn't really catch my attention or make me care about where they wanted to go. And that seemed to be the general consensus.
I honestly kind of wonder what the point of it all was. Like... they wanted Darkhawk to be threaded into the "Space Scene" more, obviously. But to just invent a bunch of random stuff like this, then go "HAHA HIS BOOK WAS A LIE!", which practically seems designed to piss off whatever existing fanbase the character had? It's weird, and thought his book was never a major deal, it hardly seems worth throwing it all away for the "Fraternity" thing, especially as it's woefully overcomplicated and bizarre. Like... the suits exist to take over the minds of host bodies? But the suits also rest in Null Space on a tree? They gotta add ALL THAT to the story?

Abnett & Lanning did a lot of phenomenal work on the space scene at the time (though I liked the stuff Giffen added... even though it was rapidly ignored as if it never existed), rescued Nova from obscurity, and wrote two amazing Event Stories. But... they ran outta gas eventually, as even the best tend to do. War of Kings, the "Cancerverse" story and others just didn't have the same impact, and it's no wonder why the whole scene got shaken up and the Guardians of the Galaxy became the sole survivors, getting rewritten even more strongly into the "Movie Version".
Jabroniville

Gyre

Post by Jabroniville »

GYRE
Created By:
Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning & Andrea Di Vito
First Appearance: Nova #31 (Jan. 2010)
Role: Ancient Intergalactic Assassin

-Gyre is a Raptor that controls the body of a Kree archaeologist. He is found in a big "Sphinx" story arc in Nova, and is chosen as one of the counterparts to Nova's team of allies- he is meant to fight Darkhawk, another Raptor. Darkhawk finally succeeds by driving Gyre out of his host, freeing the Kree and trapping the Gyre armor in Null Space with the other Raptors. However, he is freed with the Raptors when they no longer need human forms to possess, and he attacks, killing some pretenders- he teams up with Robbie "Talon-R" Rider in their quest to bring order to the galaxy, but when Rider becomes "Dark Starhawk", he decides he doesn't like being order around, and slaughters Gyre.

-Gyre has powers pretty equivalent to the later Darkhawk- he's a PL 10, fast-moving assassin.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Robbie Rider

Post by Jabroniville »

ROBBIE RIDER (aka Talon-R, Talonar, Dark Starhawk)
Created By:
Marv Wolfman & John Buscema
First Appearance: Nova #1 (Sept. 1976)
Role: The Hero's Brother, Smart Guy
Group Affiliations: Project: PEGAUS, The Nova Corps., The Fraternity of Raptors
PL 9 (167)
STRENGTH
2/8 STAMINA 3/8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Aerobatics 1 (+4)
Expertise (Space Hero) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+10)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 3 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Gravimetric Blasts) 3 (+8)
Technology 3 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Access to Nova Force"
Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]
Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]

"Gravimetric Force" Blast 9 (Feats: Penetrating 4) (22) -- [28]
  • AE: "Force Wave" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (18)
  • AE: "Force Line" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (18)
  • AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (9)
  • AE: "Gravity Control" Move Object 10 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Up or Down) (20)
  • AE: "High Gravity" Environment 4 (Impede Movement 2) (8)
  • AE: Force Field 2 (Extras: Affects Others 8, Impervious 7) (Flaws: Immobile -2) (8)
"Worldmind Powers"
"Datalink" Communication (Computers) 2 [8]
"Attention Nova Corpsman! It Is Imperative That You Pay Attention At This Time!" Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]
Enhanced Will Check 2 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Attacks) [1]

"Nova Uniform" (Flaws: Removable) [24]
Senses 7 (Extended Vision 2 & Infravision, Detect Energy- Acute, Ranged & Tracking) (7)
Immunity 9 (Life Support- Starvation) (9)
Communication 3 (Radio) (Flaws: Distracting) (12)
"Open Stargates" Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (Flaws: Requires Medium- Stargates, Limited to Other Stargates) (1)
Features 1: Quick Change (1)
-- (30 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Nova Punch +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Groundstrike +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Blast +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Force Beams +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+8 Stamina Boost, +10 Force Field), Fortitude +4/+9, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Space Police)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 102 / Defenses: 9 (178)

-Robbie Rider was initially just Nova's smarter kid brother- he was somebody that made Richard feel insecure, as unlike Peter Parker and other "ordinary guy" heroes, he wasn't any smarter than anyone else. However, Robbie always looked up to him. He was one of the New Warriors' family members kidnapped by the Poison Memories, and had one of his fingers chopped off as a warning to the team. However, he held no grudge, still admiring Nova's heroism.

-Shocking Richard, Robbie was chosen as one of the new Nova Corps officers- his biggest feat by far was using his full power to temporarily hold down Xenith, a Gladiator-tier Strontian warrior. Robbie was thought lose in the Cancerverse, but was really trapped on an uninhabited world. Later, he was brainwashed into serving the Fraternity of Raptors- instead of going by "Talon Rider", he went by Talon-R. He and Star-Lord ended up each grabbing a Nega-Band and having a huge battle, and was then trapped on a distant planet ruled by Ultron Zombies.

-Finally rescued and holding both Nega-Bands, Talon-R heads to the "Tree of Shadows" that holds the other Raptors, but finds that they've already awakened- they kill all the "pretender" Raptors but him, and they convince/force him to accept the position of "Dark Starhawk" using a big ritual. Robbie, now uber-powerful and evil, refused to listen to his older brother's reasoning and planned to wipe out Earth's population, but all the other Raptors were killed by Death's Head. Later, in a search for the Infinity Gems, he accidentally kills his own mother, thinking she's an illusion, but a trick of the Time Gem saves her. He is at least horrified by this, proving there's some good left in him, but he abandons everyone after this battle as well.

-This build reflects Robbie as one of the Nova Corps. officers- he was ordinarily unpowered, thus making him a PL 5 guy, tops, and much worse before he gained any space-experience, as he likely had +0 to his combat scores previously. As "Talon-R", he has Darkhawk-type powers (the later, Fraternity of Raptors kind)... and then he gains the Nega-Bands, meaning he has QUASAR powers, too.

TALON-R (Robbie Rider, aka Talonar, Dark Starhawk)
Created By:
PL 10 (177)
STRENGTH
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 1 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Talon Replacement Body" (Activation -1) [-1]
Enhanced Strength 7 [14]
Enhanced Agility 3 [6]
Enhanced Dexterity 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Ranged Attack 3 [3]
"Armor" Protection 5 [5]
Senses 2 (Extended & Infravision) [2]
"Teleport Back to Null Space" Healing 16 (Flaws: Limited to Self) (Quirks: Must Appear as Chris Powell for Two Rounds) [7]

Flight 7 (250 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (4)
  • AE: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2) (4)
"Chest Beam" Blast 11 (22) -- [24]
  • AE: "Shield Generator" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 2 (Extras: Sustained +0) (4)
  • AE: "Datasong Boost" Mind Control 4 (16)
"Grappling Claw"
Movement 1 (Swinging) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: Strength-Damage +1 (1)
"Alternate Forms" Variable 2 (Various Mechanical Abilities) [17]
(Examples: "Strike Suit" +2 to Blast & Protection, "Warflight Mode" +2 to Defenses, "Rescue Mode" Enhances Sensors & Power-Lifting)

"The Datasong"
Communication (Mental) 5 (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited to Fraternity of Raptors Members) [20]
Enhanced Advantages 1: Eidetic Memory [1]

Offense:
Talon Armor +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Claw +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Chest Beam +9 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Shield, DC 18-20), Parry +8 (+10 Shield, DC 18-20), Toughness +3 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Controlled by Talon)- Robbie is now controlled by the armor of the Fraternity of Raptors, and has little of his original mind in command.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 101 / Defenses: 9 (177)

TALON-R (Robbie Rider, aka Talonar, Dark Starhawk)- With Nega-Bands
Created By:
PL 14 (264)
STRENGTH
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 1 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Talon Replacement Body" (Activation -1) [-1]
Enhanced Strength 7 [14]
Enhanced Agility 3 [6]
Enhanced Dexterity 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Ranged Attack 3 [3]
"Armor" Protection 5 [5]
Senses 2 (Extended & Infravision) [2]
"Teleport Back to Null Space" Healing 16 (Flaws: Limited to Self) (Quirks: Must Appear as Chris Powell for Two Rounds) [7]

Flight 7 (250 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (4)
  • AE: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2) (4)
"Chest Beam" Blast 11 (22) -- [24]
  • AE: "Shield Generator" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 2 (Extras: Sustained +0) (4)
  • AE: "Datasong Boost" Mind Control 4 (16)
"Grappling Claw"
Movement 1 (Swinging) (2) -- [3]
AE: Strength-Damage +1 (1)

"Alternate Forms" Variable 2 (Various Mechanical Abilities) [17]
(Examples: "Strike Suit" +2 to Blast & Protection, "Warflight Mode" +2 to Defenses, "Rescue Mode" Enhances Sensors & Power-Lifting)

"The Datasong"
Communication (Mental) 5 (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited to Fraternity of Raptors Members) [20]
Enhanced Advantages 1: Eidetic Memory [1]

"Nega-Bands"
Snare 15 (Feats: Reversible, Dynamic, Extended Range) (48) -- [61]
  • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Energy Control" Blast 16 (Feats: Split, Dynamic, Improved Critical, Penetrating 8) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: Create 14 (Feats: Precise, Innate, Dynamic, Selective, Stationary, Tether) (Extras: Movable) (48)
  • Dynamic AE: Absorption 14 (Energy to Blasts) (Feats: Dynamic) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Enhanced Field" Force Field 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 15, Affects Others 13) & Immunity 10 (Life Support) (Extras: Affects Others +0) & Space Travel 1 (Extras: Affects Others +0) (44)
  • AE: "Quantum Jump" Teleport 15 (Feats: Increased Mass) (Extras: Extended Only +0) (Flaws: Tiring) (17)
Senses 7 (Detect Energy- Ranged 3, Acute & Analytical, Communication Link- Eon/Epoch) [7]

Flight +3 (2,000 mph) [6]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]

"Mind Shield" Enhanced Will Check 6 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Attacks) [3]

Offense:
Talon Armor +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Claw +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Chest Beam +9 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Snare +9 (+15 Ranged Affliction, DC 25)
Bursts +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Shield, DC 18-20), Parry +8 (+10 Shield, DC 18-20), Toughness +3 (+8 Armor, +12 Quantum Fields), Fortitude +4, Will +4 (+10 to Mental Attacks)

Complications:
Responsibility (Space Police)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 188 / Defenses: 9 (264)

-In this form, Talon-R gains the powers of the Nega-Bands, which seem to act more like Quasar's Quantum Bands. I'm not sure if they can be taken off or not. Later, he gains power as the "Dark Starhawk", but I have no idea what his capabilities are in that form.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And with that, the Darkhawk builds are finished, as the New Warriors themed builds! These were a lot of fun to do, so I hope people liked them! Thanks for commenting, everyone!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

More proof that the most dangerous position in fiction is to be a supporting cast member of a superhero.

In my own original setting, I'd have at least half the heroes would have family and friends that have no superhero related shenanigans in their lives. Because it undermines the point of a secret identity if your friends and family get roped into said shenanigans regularly anyway.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Monark Starstalker

Post by Jabroniville »

MONARK STARSTALKER
Created By:
Howard Chaykin
First Appearance: Marvel Premiere #32 (Oct. 1976)
Role: LSD-Inspired Space Bounty Hunter
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (103)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Bounty Hunter) 4 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Microbot Sword +3- Improved Critical, Space Gear), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Microbot Sword), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Light Fighting Smoke" Concealment 5 (All Senses) [10]
"Nano-Swarm" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged) [16]
Remote Sensing (Visuals, Hearing) 8 (Flaws: Source- Via Ulysses) [16]

"Vortex Pistol" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [15]
Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Unaware & Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (24 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Vortex Pistol/Nano-Swarm +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Money)- Monark is a bounty hunter.
Relationship (Paradox)- The two form a romantic and sexual relationship, both being exiles from other dimensions.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 12 (103)

-Monark Starstalker is an acid-trip concept from the 1970s- a guy starting out in Marvel Premiere (aka "We don't really have any confidence in this, but we'll just throw it out here for the stoners in our audience!"), Starstalker was a space pilot who was attacked by hostiles and ended up nearly dying, but for an android falcon named Ulysses attaching itself to him telepathically, thus acting as an artificial nervous system. Starstalker of course became a bounty hunter of sorts- on an ice planet, he hunted down a guy named Hammer, but his target died on the long trek back to civilization. This was his only appearance, and he never met established Marvel characters....

-Until the 2000s, when he apeared as a one-off in Nova, coming into conflict with the Nova Corps recruits when they got in the way of his bounty on a space pirate. Just then, Ego-Prime and a bunch of Mindless Ones attacked, and Monark was badly injured by a blast... and discovered that he was actually just a sentient nanotech program made to do someone's will. When the day was saved, he decided to stay in the Marvel Universe, as he was now free from his controller.

-He then appeared in a Wovlerine Limited Series, being linked to Paradox, and that reminds me that I actually BUILT that character- another odd Marvel one-off, this one from Marvel Preview. Paradox had taken female form at the time, but the two became lovers anyhow, and Space Bounty-Hunters, both fighting people infected by "The Fault" (a rip-off of Warhammer's Chaos Warp).

-Monark has a weird grab-bag of powers, including a Vortex Gun that creates nausea and unconsciousness in people, and some later powers, like his "Nano-Swarm". He can also see through the eyes of his bird, Ulysses.

---

ULYSSES
Role:
Helper Bird
PL 9 (110)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 6 (+3)
Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+6)
Perception 10 (+10)

Advantages:
Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Improved Hold

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended, Ultra & Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Natural Weapons- Talons & Beak" Strength-Damage +4 [4]

Flight 8 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [8]

"Tiny Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 foot) [17]
(-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]

Force Field 4 (Extras: Affects Others 8) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Natural Weapons +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6 (+10 Force Fields), Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Birds cannot speak to humans, nor use their talons to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 80 / Defenses: 8 (110)

-Ulysses is Monark's helper bird, and is so tiny, with such a powerful Force Field (it blocks Nova Blasts), that he's actually a higher PL than his "Boss".
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

A Monark comic is visible in Fred's collection in Big Hero 6 at one point, apparnetly. Something that was not un-noticed by his creator, Howard Chaykin:
Jabroniville

Slaughter Boy

Post by Jabroniville »

The purple codpiece really pulls the whole look together.

SLAUGHTER BOY (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Howard Mackie & Salvador Larroca
First Appearance: Ghost Rider #51 (July 1994)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: The Shadow Initiative
PL 6 (53)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+1)
Expertise (Wrestler) 3 (+2)
Intimidation 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Power Attack

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Slaughter Boy is very large, and has chalk-white skin.
Motivation (Fightin' Round The World)- Slaughter Boy is delighted when Ghost Rider arrives, because he can actually put up a fight.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 6 (53)

-The goofy Slaughter Boy debuted in an issue of Ghost Rider, and was immediately forgotten, despite a VERY young Salvador Larocca doing the work on him- Sal was apparently REALLY into copying the Kubert Brothers, because his work looks identical to Andy's from this time period. He was a violent character thrown out of the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation (a largely-unused property since The Thing's solo book ended; wrestling was at this point in some doldrums, with the Diesel run not far away in the WWF, while WCW was floundering with Hulk Hogan trying to relive the '80s in the Southern promotion) for being too merciless. Instead, he decided to rampage through New York City, perhaps not being genre savvy enough to realize he'd get immediately beaten down. And sure enough, Ghost Rider took him out with the Penance Stare.

-This ended up being Slaughter Boy's only appearance of the era- the one-noter was then used as a backgrounder in Norman Osborn's "Shadow Initiative". Osborn sent tons of cannon fodder to recapture Prison 42 in the Negative Zone, and Slaughter Boy, Johnny Guitar & Blackwing II were among the first slaughtered- immediately killed by Blastaar's hordes.

-Slaughter Boy is one of those "unknown quantities", with enough superhuman strength to wreck some cars, but not enough to truly establish exact levels. I gave him PL 6 because he just sucks THAT BAD.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Re: Robbie Rider

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:33 pm "Nega-Bands"
  • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Energy Control" Blast 16 (Feats: Split, Dynamic, Improved Critical, Penetrating 8) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: Create 14 (Feats: Precise, Innate, Dynamic, Selective, Stationary, Tether) (Extras: Movable) (48)
  • Dynamic AE: "Enhanced Field" Force Field 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 15, Affects Others 13) & Immunity 10 (Life Support) (Extras: Affects Others +0) & Space Travel 1 (Extras: Affects Others +0) (44)
  • AE: "Quantum Jump" Teleport 15 (Feats: Increased Mass) (Extras: Extended Only +0) (Flaws: Tiring) (17)
Senses 7 (Detect Energy- Ranged 3, Acute & Analytical, Communication Link- Eon/Epoch) [7]

-In this form, Talon-R gains the powers of the Nega-Bands, which seem to act more like Quasar's Quantum Bands. I'm not sure if they can be taken off or not. Later, he gains power as the "Dark Starhawk", but I have no idea what his capabilities are in that form.
yeah, those sound more like Quantum bands than the Nega-bands. Looking over the Marvel Wii entry it sounds like the regular Kree Nega-bands.
Jabroniville

Re: Robbie Rider

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidious wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:57 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:33 pm "Nega-Bands"

yeah, those sound more like Quantum bands than the Nega-bands. Looking over the Marvel Wii entry it sounds like the regular Kree Nega-bands.
That was my difficulty, too- the bio seemed to indicate these powers, which as I mentioned are more "Quantum Band"-y (being able to Teleport & stuff). But not having read the issues in question where all this goes down, I really have no idea. It's very likely the writer, like me, has no clue which was which without looking it up, and just did whatever they thought was right.