Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: DC SuperHero Girls Movie #2

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:* The villain Dark Opal (no idea who that is) teleports out of the Amethyst (hey now!) crystal atop SuperHero High
He was one of the chief villains of the Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld series, the sword, sandals, and supers comic from the 1980s.
Ah, okay. I figured he was from that, as he & Eclipso are shown briefly fighting Amethyst in Gemworld during the Movie. Oddly, that plays a VERY tiny role in everything, yet also shows just enough of Amethyst to make you go "are they doing something with this? Her reveal doesn't really seem all that big".
Jabroniville

GeNext

Post by Jabroniville »

GeNEXT:

GeNEXT was a group of future-kids of the X-Men created by Chris Claremont after his X-Men: The End series (meant to wrap up some of his loose ends and finish the stories of some of his characters. Sadly, despite the awesomeness of his early X-Men run, I've heard nothing good about this one).

Becca Munroe: Storm's daughter. Inherited the same weather powers, but sometimes grows more savage, gaining clawed fingers and weird markings.
Rico Richards: Grandson of Reed & Sue, probably the son of Franklin Richards (though some think he might just be a younger kid of Reed & Sue). Low-level elasticity, but his main ability is his genius and Invisibility powers like his grandmother.
Olivier Raven: Son of Rogue & Gambit (took Rogue's maiden name after an estrangement from his dad). Absorbs powers like Rogue, and hooked up with Megan. He has some Telepathy & Flight powers as residual effects from maintaining contact with others.
Rebecca LeBeau: Daughter of Rogue & Gambit. Technically the same first name as Becca. Has flight & low-level (Class 5) Super-Strength, and great skill with the Bo.
Pavel Rasputin: The son of Colossus's son with that Savage Land girl he hooked up with eons ago, and Polaris. Has the same powers as Colossus.
Megan Summers: Cyclops & Emma Frost's eldest daughter. Looks pretty much like an Emma Clone, and has the same generic Psionic power-set. Might have low-level Flight.
No-Name: A new girl with mysterious powers and extreme fighting skills.

-Their allies are Beast, Cecilia Reyes (Claremont was oddly good with occasionally picking up the side-characters created after his run had ended- many writers merely ignore characters created in later eras), X-23, Emma Frost & Cyclops. They also befriend Skanda, an Indian God of War with power levels equivalent to Thor. There's also an Indian girl named Kalima, who has Supersonic Flight & Flying Brick powers.

---

Here's the new kids from Cyclops' team on Uncanny X-Men. Unlike most of the other new mutants kicking around, these guys are your classic "we don't know how our powers work yet" types, with mostly-unexplored abilities. By contrast, Wolverine & The X-Men focuses more on interpersonal stuff and the teachers:

GOLDBALLS (Fabio Medina): Throws gold balls at random from his body (mostly Uncontrolled). He quit the team after a horrifying incident in Limbo where Dormammu tried to kill them (Cyke was actually understanding, correctly stating that their life wasn't for everyone), but was immediately arrested along with his family by S.H.I.E.L.D., which might just threw him back in with the team full-time. He's since become the "Iconic" member of Cyke's squad.
BENJAMIN DEEDS: Has the humorously-useless ability to transform into the exact image of whomever is close to him. This of course turns out useful in a few stories, like one where it's shown that his ability allows him to subtly "influence" whomever he's mimicking, making him the perfect infiltrator- those he mimics innately trust him, and believe anything he says.
TRIAGE (Christopher Muse): Healing powers (even curing death).

TEMPUS (Eva Bell): Exceptionally powerful Australian girl who EASILY froze the entire Avengers roster in time, allowing the X-Men to escape. Borderline-uncontrolled, but hugely effective. Can also Teleport others through time (last issue she accidentally buzzed Magik out of time for a few seconds). She seemed to become a HUGE Bendis favorite, as he wrote a monster story featuring her going into the future by accident, meeting a man, falling in love, raising a child... then losing both of them as time restructured itself and she ended up back in our time. She was also used as a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Ass-Pull to cap off another Bendis tale, featuring a Godlike Mutant who was able to end the world with his thoughts. Though innocent, the young man couldn't control his powers, slew a ton of important characters (Magneto, Cyclops)... and so Eva just flew into the past, did the "Kill Hitler As A Baby" thing, and ended it. JUST LIKE THAT. This was like SIX MONTHS of story thrown down the tubes by a half-assed "couple of pages' worth of stuff" ending. And the story wasn't even BAD before that- which makes that Ass-Pull of an ending EVEN WORSE.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Angel Salvadore

Post by Jabroniville »

ANGEL SALVADORE (aka Tempest)
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Ethan Van Sciver
First Appearance: X-Men #118 (Nov. 2001)
Group Affiliations: X-Students, The Teen Brigade, Brotherhood of Mutants, The New Warriors
Role: Angry Wife, Bug Chick
PL 7 (68)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Aerobatics 8 (+9)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Dazzle & Acid) 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1)

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Fly-Like Physiology"
"Membranous Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
"Heal Damage" Regeneration 2 (Flaws: Limited to When in a Cocooned Hibernation State) [1]

"Acidic Spit" Blast 3 (Extras: Secondary Effect) (Diminished Range -2) Linked to Weaken Toughness 4 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (Diminished Range -2) (17) -- [18]
  • AE: "Ultrasonic Vibrations" Dazzle Hearing 8 (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Ultrasonic Vibrations +6 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Acidic Spit +6 (+4 Ranged Weaken & +3 Ranged Damage, DC 14 & 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+4 Uniform), Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Relationship (Beak & The Children)- After kissing him on a dare, Angel grew to love Beak, and they soon produced a gaggle of mutant offspring.
Power Loss (Ultrasonic Vibrations)- Angel requires the use of her wings to Dazzle people's hearing. If they are bound or damaged, she loses the power.
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Angel has to digest food like a fly (barfing acid onto it and then lapping it up), and has wings on her back.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 12 (68)

-Angel Salvadore was a somewhat stereotypical black/latina girl who got bug-like mutations, created as a romantic interest for Beak. Her characterization was mainly limited to him, and she ended up producing a gross bunch of eggs a week or so after boinking the hideous mutant, and now she's characterized as dealing with their six children all the time. She & Beak were de-powered after M-Day (a boon to these two), gaining new technological-based powers as part of the new New Warriors, a failed concept Marvel tried several years back. She also got a mega-hotness upgrade, rather than being a big-bootied angry wife, she now looks like your everyday supermodel. And oddly she got picked for the X-Men: First Class movie (possibly helping that she had an obvious physical mutant power and was a minority), despite being a very minor character who wasn't even in the books anymore.

-Not too complex, she's got Flight, a Visual Dazzle and some Acidic Spit (though she doesn't really use that offensively, she can disintegrate food with it, which is close enough). I boosted her Attack & Defense a bit above the 'common' students because she eventually ended up joining that New Warriors team (with a suit that let her use Ice Snare 8, Fire Blast 8, and regular Flight 6 for 24 points- 3 more than her regular total), so obviously was a bit better a fighter than some of the other kids.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Tag

Post by Jabroniville »

TAG (Brian Cruz)
Created By:
Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir & Carlo Barberi
First Appearance: New Mutants #7 (Jan. 2004)
Group Affiliations: X-Students, The Hellions
Role: Powerhouse, Redundant Character (to Rockslide)
PL 7 (106)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+4)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Commands Others to Run Away"
Affliction 10 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- 250ft. Burst +4, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to Running From That Location, Instant Recovery) [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+4 Uniform), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Silly Power)- Tag seems to accept his powers, but... pretty silly.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 10 (106)

-I actually kinda liked Tag. Not so much the character (he had "Wallpaper Lad" all over him as much as Lightning did "Wallpaper Lass" in JSA), but his powers- it's just so MINOR and kind of dumb, that you can appreciate further the fact that not every mutant got some kick-ass power-set. I mean, not everyone needs to get awesome Weather Control or Super-Healing or Energy Blasts- some guys were left with minor, ridiculous crap. He could touch people (or things), and automatically force everyone to run away from that point. That's it. He had a decent look (bla... *checks Wiki* PUERTO RICAN kid with cool hair), but as one of the lesser-powered New X-Men (part of the "Mean Clique" Hellions), he got de-powered from M-Day, and died in the Bus Explosion of Cast Erasing. He was pretty easily the most important character killed in the Busplosion, actually- everyone else was a non-character.

-Tag's pretty much on the cheap, as he was never shown kicking ass or doing much. His power was kind of useless as an offensive weapon, but could be handy to get out of trouble- everyone running away from you makes it impossible for them to HIT you. Hardly anyone has ever been shown MAKING a save against his power either (the "Hellions" Mini-Series made The Kingmaker resist it, however), making determining his exact PL difficult. A DC 20 Will Save is nothing to sneeze at, though. I wouldn't recommend playing as the guy, as he was a PL 6 defensively at-best, and a PL 5 on offense, but he's basically kind of a Defensive Fighter mixed with his power. If he'd lived and moved on, he could've been a powerful martial artist-type guy (remember my saying: "Even the worst-powered guy has one more power than Batman"), but it wasn't to be.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Icarus

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

This can't possibly be meant to look romantic, can it?

ICARUS (Joshua Guthrie)

Complications:
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Jay will lose his healing abilities if his wings are severed.

You know, you'd THINK that the regeneration ability is what would kick in WHEN your wings get removed, not that removing the wings would remove your powers. You'd think guys with those kind of extra extremities would need some kind of regeneration to keep them functioning and healing right. Making the regen dependent on the wings just makes it clear this poor dope was doomed from the get go and being set up to die.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Onyxx

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote:
-Aaaaaaaaaaand of course being "A Poor Man's Rockslide" on a roster that INCLUDED ROCKSLIDE, the dude pretty much had a target on his head from day-one- it took a bit (he lasted past Decimation/M-Day and The Purifiers story-arcs), but during Necrosha (aka "Blackest Night: Marvel Edition"), he came across a now-evil Wither, who effortlessly one-shotted him to death. He was one of only a couple people who died that arc (along with Diamond Lil), and even NAMOR was left going "well why the F are we mourning these D-League Losers?" Cyclops basically noted that sure; these were bottom-tier nobodies, but EVERY death counts when the Mutant Race is being diminished.
Cause Heaven forbid you just mourn someone because they were a human being that you knew who died during a tragic circumstance. The sound of that exchange makes no one look good, Namor for being an ass and Cyclops for basically only mourning someone because he was the right race. It's like writers forget how to write human beings sometimes.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Re: Onyxx

Post by Batgirl III »

Cause Heaven forbid you just mourn someone because they were a human being that you knew who died during a tragic circumstance. The sound of that exchange makes no one look good, Namor for being an ass and Cyclops for basically only mourning someone because he was the right race. It's like writers forget how to write human beings sometimes.
Exhibit #24,602 in my continuing case that Marvel Comics doesn't like superheroes anymore.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Harley Quinn! Starfire! Batgirl! The Young X-Men!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Well, Namor is a known asshole, and in this circumstance, it comes off as more of an a side comment from Cyclops: "Why are we mourning these losers?" "With so few of us left, every death counts". It's not like he was all "he only matters because he was a Mutant"- he was correcting Namor being... well, Namor-like.

It's Cyclops's OTHER actions in later years that are more questionable- forming a more extremist wing, making a public spectacle of how "separate" they are, etc. But even THEN, you could see how we went down that path- keep in mind that one of the groups actively trying to rein in and control mutants was Maria Hill's S.H.I.E.L.D., who then promptly sent out some SENTINELS for crowd control. And Cyke was very careful to thank the humans who'd joined "the revolution", being genuinely grateful for the youth movement that was forming behind his X-Men. Bendis was, in this instance, much more careful than say, Mark Millar was with Civil War to make sure that BOTH SIDES had their points, even if they were misguided.

That said... that whole Schism thing was a mess, especially with the Original Five X-Men getting involved, Kitty switching sides solely because Logan's side were all "well now you have to go back to your home time", the Original X-Men being there AT ALL (and this is from someone who's actually collecting the books featuring them because I consider them too good to drop), and the fustercluck that Bendis turned his squad into. Wolverine and the X-Men, like I said, was fantastic- the rest was iffy at-best, especially when Bendis was involved.

What's funny is... much as people snark, I don't think ANY of the X-Men's real problems are to do with the Inhumans & Fox.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Hope

Post by Jabroniville »

HOPE SUMMERS
Created By:
Mike Carey & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: X-Men #205 (Nov. 2007)
Group Affiliations: X-Students, The Lights
Role: The Mary Sue, Power-Copier
PL 9 (234), PL 15 (234) When Mimicking Certain Powers
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (History) 2 (+4)
Insight 4 (+5)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 7 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Roll, Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed),

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Power Mimicry"
Variable 15 (Mutant Powers of Others) [105]

"Jump-Start Mutant Powers" Variable 5 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Newly-Emerging Powers, Limited to Mutant Powers) [25]
Immunity 2 (Mental Detection) [2]
"Martial Arts Training" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll, +5 Uniform), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Responsibility (The Mutant Messiah)- The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope has been charged with being the savior of the entire mutant race. However, she could also become the Antichrist, as she was in Bishop's timeline- she feels an intense amount of responsibility for this.
Relationship (Cable, Father)- Cable stole the infant Hope away and into the timestream to escape those who would murder her.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 133 / Defenses: 18 (234)

-Hope is... complicated. She's the first new mutant born after the Scarlet Witch de-powered the majority of the unimportant ones, and is basically a Mutant Messiah mixed with an "I didn't want all this responsibility" type. Annoyingly, they made her look just like Jean Grey and gave her a Phoenix link, making it look like a re-tread. Thank God they didn't end up giving her the TP/TK power-set of so many Psionic Mutants (though it was damn close- there's been some implications she could have them). She was a big focus of Avengers (vs) X-Men, which was DECIDEDLY awful and stupid, which probably didn't do much for her popularity (nor did being part of a team that seems really damn boring in Generation Hope). Honestly I found her a bit dull in the issues I have featuring her- it's not for nothing that she is mostly staying under the radar since the big event. She's since kind of just farted around in the backdrop of the X-Universe, not getting involved with anything important.

-Hope has shown glimmers of super-awesome powers before, but for the most part she's a Power-Jumpstarter (sorta like Sage) and Power Mimic, often grabbing the powers of whichever mutants are close to her (such as the time she regrew her face after some torture because Wolverine was close by).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Primal

Post by Jabroniville »

PRIMAL (Teon Macik)
Created By:
Matt Fraction & Kieron Gillen
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #529 (Oct. 2010)
Role: Background Character, Animalistic Guy
PL 8 (123)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 10 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Primal Mutation"
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended & Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Hyper-Instincts" Variable 3 (Abilities, Skills & Advantages) (Flaws: Unreliable) [18]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Social Misfit)- Primal is able to speak, but generally does not, only choosing the most simplistic responses. He sees the world in a very animalistic matter, looking for "Alphas" and acting protectively.
Relationship (Hope)- Primal views Hope as the "Alpha", and follows her around constantly.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 15 (123)

-Primal is a fairly unique character actually- he's a new Mutant with the power of "Hyper-Instincts", which generally turns him into an animalistic savage who follows one of the Stepford Cuckoos around to "mate" with, defends Hope as the "Pack Alpha", and generally grunts and growls at people. Though this generally leaves the Ukranian hero with low socialization, but thanks to his Instinctive traits, he can all of a sudden pull one out in desperate situations- at one point, he spoke up in a trial where his parents were trying to get custody of him back from the X-Men, actually speaking with great eloquence. This is basically an Unreliable Variable effect, giving him higher Presence, or a sudden boost in Skills (Persuasion or Deception, for example)... because if there's one power the X-Men are lacking in their history, it's guys with VARIABLE EFFECTS *eye roll*.
Jabroniville

Velocidad

Post by Jabroniville »

VELOCIDAD (Gabriel Cohuelo)
Created By:
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #527
Group Affiliations: The Lights, X-Students
Role: Latino Ladies' Man, Speedster
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4/10 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+5/+11)
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Localized Time Disruptions"
"Simulation of Super-Speed"
Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
Quickness 8 [8]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Evasion, Improved Initiative 3 [4]

Enhanced Fighting 6 [12]
Enhanced Dodge 6 [6]

"Attack Everyone in Range" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 5, Selective 5) (13) -- [14]
  • AE: "Rapid Attack" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Increased Time +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Rapid Attack +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+12 Increased Time, DC 20-22), Parry +6 (+12 Increased Time, DC 16-22), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Relationships (Hope, Pixie)- He's gone on dates with both, basically dumping Hope to date Pixie.
Disabled (Rapid Aging)- Velocidad's powers to speed up time causes him to age rapidly- he fears he will soon die, and tries to live life to the fullest to make up for it.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 9 (112)

-This guy might have one of the worst code-names I've ever heard, at first glance- "Velocidad" sounds like something a deliberately-goofy father would name himself in a Comedy Book. It makes sense in Spanish (it means "Speed"), but just reading it I thought it was a joke. He's one of "The Lights"- the new Mutants gaining their powers after the birth of Hope Summers, and sort of acted like a "new class" of X-Students. For stats, he gets a modified version of a Speedster-build- his power is unique in that he's really slowing down TIME for other people- not moving quickly himself! This means that he can't do some Speedster stuff (Wall or Water Running, for example), but can still punch everyone in range, and is really hard to hit.
Jabroniville

Zero (UUUUUUEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)

Post by Jabroniville »

ZERO II (Kenji Uedo)
Created By:
First Appearance: Generation Hope #1 (Jan. 2011)
Group Affiliations: The Lights, X-Students
Role: Token Evil Teammate
PL 8 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 3 (+5)
Expertise (Art) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Techno-Organic Creation"
Communicate (Mental) 2 (Flaws: Limited to Tendrilled People) [6]
Enhanced Will Save 4 (Extras: Affects Others) (Flaws: Limited to Mental Attacks, Affects Others Limited to Tendrilled People) [3]
Variable 4 (Techno-Powers) (28) -- [30]
  • AE: Create Techno-Objects 6 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Continuous) (19)
  • AE: "Command Tendrils" Affliction 5 (Will; Entranaced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Ranged, Progression +2) (20)
Summon Techno-Organic Creatures 6 (Extras: Heroic +2, Variable- Techno-Monsters) [30]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Techno-Fists +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Mind Control +7 (+5 Ranged Affliction, DC 15)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+4 Uniform), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Nihilist)- Kenji actively hates his teammates, and often just likes to destroy things.
Rivalry (Hope Summers)- Kenji hates Hope, and always talks about wanting to kill her.
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Kenji is covered in weird techno-organic fibres.
Quirk (Summoned Creatures)- Kenji's little Techno-Creations are connected to him via tendrils, so can't go that far away from him.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 69 / Defenses: 8 (143)

-Kenji seems like a VERY weird character- a Token Evil Teammate of sorts, he's a bit odd and seems rather sociopathic by what I've read on him. His techno-organic powers went on the rampage a few times, and he often seems to be willing to "test" people far beyond what is necessary (often taunting Hope, and even trying to stab Magneto's eyes during training). Oh, and he's apparently a big knock-off of Tetsuo from Akira, which is made more obvious by looking at pictures of him going all "KANEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" with giant techno-arms and stuff. Things built to a head with him, as he Mind Controlled a group of Utopian mutants to crucify Hope, and he was killed by No-Girl (who was actually close with him).

-Kenji's rather complex (particularly for a character I've never read... well I read "Schism" but I forgot ever seeing him), featuring a bunch of VERY weird, unusual powers. He can Create stuff (a staircase appears in one picture) or Summon Minions (usually small, simple stuff, though his early "Out of Control Powers" appearance features a full-blown KAIJU), but I went with a full Variable for his baseline abilities. I've seen him use Hand-Binoculars (Extended Vision), spray a bunch of people with "steel & gristle" (Line or Cone-Area Damage), stretch (Elongation) and basically just look gross, so it's not SUPER-high level, but quite a bunch of stuff for a simple guy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Transonic

Post by Jabroniville »

TRANSONIC (Laurie Tromette)
Created By:
Matt Fraction & Keron Gillen
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #526 (July 2010)
Role: Logical Character, Flier
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH
2/4 STAMINA 2/4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Aerobatics 6 (+9)
Athletics 2 (+4, +6 Size)
Deception 2 (+3)
Perception 1 (+2)
Stealth 1 (+4, +2 Size)

Advantages:
Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications), Evasion, Improved Defense, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Supersonic Mermaid"
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]

"Mermaid Form"
Flight 4 (2,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) [4]
Immunity 1 (Pressure) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Mermaid Form +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+4 Mermaid Form), Fortitude +4 (+6 Mermaid Form), Will +4

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Laurie is blue-skinned and generally runs around naked. Just because.
Responsibility (Logic)- Laurie is an intelligent young student, but tends to think of things logically only.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 13 (85)

-Laurie (how many freaking X-people do we need with that kind of name? X-23 is Laura, Wallflower was Laurie, and Shark-Girl is a Lara. Are there more?) is a Vancouverite (home of the most entitled Hockey Fans on the face of the Earth, who assume they're owed the Stanley Cup even though the team keeps choking in the play-offs. THE CANUCKS SUCK!!!), and became one of The Lights of Generation Hope. Her power is mainly to fly and be a Hot Naked Blue Chick, the latter of which is more interesting. Though her Flying Form actually looks pretty cool at times, turning her into some giant aerial mermaid or missile-thing. I don't really imagine her as being much of a powerhouse, though- she doesn't seem very tough or even justifiable at PL 8.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Graymalkin

Post by Jabroniville »

GRAYMALKIN (Jonas Graymalkin)
Created By:
Mark Guggenheim & Yanick Paquette
First Appearance: Young X-Men #1 (xxxxxx)
Group Affiliations: The Young X-Men
Role: One-Series Character
PL 8 (78)
STRENGTH
3/8 STAMINA 3/8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Farmhand) 3 (+3)
Expertise (History) 4 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Persuasion 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Nocturnal Super-Physiology" (All Have Flaws: Limited to Night)
Enhanced Strength 5 [5]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [5]
Impervious Toughness 6 [3]
Immunity 4 (Aging, Cold, Heat, Pressure) [2]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
At Night +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+8 At Night), Fortitude +4 (+9 At Night), Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Graymalkin is all gray.
Prejudice (Homosexual)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 11 (78)

-Graymalkin's a very new character, showing up with the "Young X-Men" as a mutant who was assaulted & buried alive by his father 200 years ago (for "experimenting" with a fellow farmboy), going into suspended animation and coming out in the present day. He's got powers that only work at night, which is a pretty big limitation considering he's not THAT powerful at all, really. I don't know much more about him, but he doesn't really have much of a look to him- he's probably most-notable for being the OTHER gay X-Student at the time, but they actually decided NOT to hook him up with Anole (reminds me of when a co-worker tried to set up two of the gay dudes, assuming that they had so much in common- one was girlier than a Lisa Frank factory and about as giggly as you could imagine a human being, and the other was more... not that way- this would not have worked). It also reminds me of the time Bishop joined the X-Men and a fan wrote in immediately wondering if he was going to hook up with Storm. Once Young X-Men was cancelled, Graymalkin pretty much vanished.

-I've never read this character, and he doesn't appear on the Think Tank anywhere else I can see, but here's my best guest- a low-end Brick with a heavy limitation. I really don't see a lot to him.
Jabroniville

Wolf Cub

Post by Jabroniville »

WOLF CUB (Nicholas Gleason)
Created By:
Brian K. Vaughn & Lee Ferguson
First Appearance: Chamber #1 (Oct. 2002)
Group Affiliations: The Young X-Men, X-Students
Role: One-Series Character
PL 7 (82)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 2 (+9)
Expertise (Survival) 3 (+2)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 6 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment (X-Student Uniform- Communications, Protection +1), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Claws), Ranged Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Lupine Form"
"Natural Weapons" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Protection 1 [1]

"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Natural Weapons +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Could Become an Animal)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 8 (82)

-Wolf Cub was a semi-frequent character in the X-Books, showing up to be lured into Maximus Lobo's "Wolf Pack"-type gang, where it was theorized that all the animal-powered clawed mutants were a new, separate species of mutant. Like most of Chuck Austen's ideas, it was ignored (like that time he gutted Havok in Exiles during a crossover). Gleason, with that wussy name, didn't have much of a future ahead of him, as he was already packing one of the most generic power sets in all of comics (especially for Marvel), and so his days were numbered: Keeping his powers after M-Day, he was killed in the first arc of Young X-Men, being slain by wussy villain Donald Pierce. With his dying words, he begged his teammates not to kill the loser, because "X-Men don't kill".

-Wolf Cub's another minor Animal Guy Build of mine, packing less of a punch than the usual ones (PL 7 on offense & defense), which is sorta how he ended up dying. He was never a major character, just a bit below the "Main" Young X-Men.