Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Padme Amidala

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:03 am It's not for nothing that her clone Kiera Knightley (who actually appeared in Episode I as Fake Amidala and gets blown up- the two girls looked so similar that one of their mothers legitimately got confused) is ALSO one of the most-desired actresses in Hollywood, even though she's got the build of an anorexic 12-year old boy.
Third row, second panel. :D

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Boba Fett! Jabba the Hutt! Lando! Princess Leia!)

Post by Ares »

Ah, Love and Capes. I use to read that regularly during it's initial run. Kind of sad that a webcomic that focuses on the romantic comedy potential of superheroes wound up being unironically one of better and more fun takes on superheroes as a whole. I'd read it again before 90% of what Marvel, DC and Image putting out these days.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Ithorian

Post by Jabroniville »

ITHORIANS
Role:
Background Puppets
Group Affiliations: The Ithorian Race
PL 4 (26)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Four-Throated Scream" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Tiring, Unreliable -2- 1 Use) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Scream +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (Mother Jungle)- Ithorians worship nature.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 4 (26)

-Ithorians are a particularly-distinctive alien race in Star Wars (which REALLY beats the shit out of Star Trek for cool-looking aliens, owing to the film-sized budget and a lack of seriousness), being large brown creatures with t-shaped heads. One appeared in the famous Mos Eisley Cantina scene in the very first film that so blew people's minds back in the 1970s. They grow from limbless "pupae" and come from a jungle world they've vowed to never desecrate (despite having discovered interstellar technology all by their lonesome). They're generally kind, calm and charitable, but the ones we usually see are bounty hunters, Cantina Scum, and a Jedi warrior.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Looking at the Ithorian's sonic attack I'm wondering where the Unreliable came from? I think the only time it's really used on screen is in the original Clone Wars cartoon which had it used a couple times in quick succession, I'd say just being tiring would be enough to keep it from being used overly often without HPs. For the attack itself, the Jedi one's seemed rather powerful. It's first use caused a hallway to instantly collapse on Grievous, while the second used soon after ripped apart the metal flooring and tore apart the small army of elite mook droids Grievous tried to use to corner them and somewhat stalled the general himself who at that point seemed like a rather high tier threat.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:19 pm Looking at the Ithorian's sonic attack I'm wondering where the Unreliable came from? I think the only time it's really used on screen is in the original Clone Wars cartoon which had it used a couple times in quick succession, I'd say just being tiring would be enough to keep it from being used overly often without HPs. For the attack itself, the Jedi one's seemed rather powerful. It's first use caused a hallway to instantly collapse on Grievous, while the second used soon after ripped apart the metal flooring and tore apart the small army of elite mook droids Grievous tried to use to corner them and somewhat stalled the general himself who at that point seemed like a rather high tier threat.
From what I saw from the archives, Jab statted that guy (Roron Corobb) as well, making his version of it stronger.
Jabroniville

AT/ST Walker

Post by Jabroniville »

AT-ST WALKER
Role: Bipedal Jobber Machine

Baseline Stats: Large Size, Strength 5, Defense 3, Toughness 7 (6)
Movement: Speed 4 (4)
Features: Radius Vision (1)

Weapons:
"Blaster Cannon & Chin Lasers" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24) -- (25)
  • AE: "Grenades" Blast 7 (Feats: Extended Range 3) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
Impervious Toughness 5 (5)

Total Cost: Stats: 6 / Movement: 4 / Features: 1 / Weapons: 30 (41 Equipment Points)

-Used as a sort of All-Terrain Vehicle, the "Chicken Walkers" end up being complete Jobbers, getting trounced by the indigenous population of Endor. Their distinctive bipedal stance is actually their greatest weakness, allowing them to be easily-tipped over in areas of poor terrain. And also you can just jump in the pilot compartment and take it over. They should really only be used in urban environments.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Princess Leia and Amidala make for a striking bit of subtle differences. They're both teenage "royalty", they both wear white a lot and both end up falling for the bad boy. But Leia was spunky, a little impetuous and pretty close to an equal partner in fights up until Luke became a Jedi. Padme had a sort of bland personality, being just generically "good" and flawless. And she was easily overshadowed by her Jedi allies in every fight. Padme also had far worse taste in men. :mrgreen:

It makes for Leia being an all-time classic character while Amidala is only famous because she was in Star Wars.
Jabroniville

AT-AT

Post by Jabroniville »

AT-AT (All-Terrain Armored Transport)
Role: Mechanical Indricotherium

Baseline Stats: Colossal Size, Strength 15, Defense 5, Toughness 16 (19)
Movement: Speed 3 (3)
Features: Holoprojector (1)

Weapons:
"Multiple Laser Cannons"
"Heavy Cannons" Blast 15 (Feats: Extended Range) (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 10) (Innacurate -1) (55)
Blast 12 (Extras: Multiattack) (36)
Blast 12 (Extras: Multiattack) (36)

"Durasteel Body" Impervious Toughness 17 (17)

Total Cost: Stats: 19 / Movement: 3 / Features: 1 / Weapons: 144 (167 Equipment Points)

-The Battle of Hoth features these spectacular creations, resembling giant Indricotherium-like metal walkers. Now, why you would pilot something with four legs on an ICE PLANET is beyond me, but again: Star Wars runs on the Rule of Cool. Practicality can go eat a dick, because we wants our giant Metal Death Machines with scrawny, trippable legs and easily-struck Piloting Sections. This is a very iconic sequence, featuring an unstoppable army of slow-moving, slow-blasting AT-ATs making a constant march directly towards the Rebel base on Hoth. They're pretty much immune to everything the Rebels throw at them, until Wedge starts wrapping their legs up with a metal wire thing from his Snowspeeder (upon prompting from Luke). But it's all for naught, as the AT-ATs seal the Base's fate. However, all the major characters escape, for which Vader strangles the man in charge to death.

-AT-ATs are extremely tough and powerful (packing three guns all going off at once), and very intimidating. Pretty much the only way to bring them down is with trickery like Wedge used (or just blow up the part where the guys are sitting), AND they tend to be carrying dozens of Stormtroopers and some of their vehicles!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I never skip a chance to watch the Battle of Hoth if I happen across it on TV. Luke never actually got an AT-AT with a tow cable. His gunner (Dak) got taken out before he could take a shot. It was Wedge that took the first walker down.
Jabroniville

Jedi Padawans

Post by Jabroniville »

JEDI PADAWANS
Role:
Eager Young Students
Group Affiliations: The Jedi Knights
PL 7 (109)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Insight 1 (+1)
Investigation 2 (+2)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Technology 2 (+2)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Blaster +5, Assorted Gear)

Powers:
"Mastery of The Force"
"Force Senses"
Senses 6 (Detect The Force- Ranged 2, Detect Life- Ranged 2) [6]
Enhanced Skill 2: Vehicles 2 (+8) [1]
Enhanced Advantages 2: Defensive Roll, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment) [2]

"Force-Assisted Movement"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Jedi Laser Deflection" Deflect 8 (Extras: Multiattack, Reflect, Redirection) (Flaws: Limited to Lasers, Lightsaber-Based, Multiattack Requires Multiple Lasers -1/2) (12) -- [15]
  • AE: "Use The Force" Move Object 3 (Feats: Precise, Subtle) (Diminished Range -1) (7)
  • AE: "Force Push" Damage 2 (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) Linked to Affliction 4 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Stunned) (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11)
  • AE: "Jedi Mind Trick" Affliction 2 (Will; Dazed/Compelled) (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area- Audio Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5)
"Lightsaber" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Those Trained) [9]
Strength-Damage +6 (Extras: Penetrating 7) (13 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Lightsaber +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Blaster +4 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Force Push +2-4 Area (+2 Damage & +4 Affliction, DC 12 & 14)
Mind Trick +2 Area (+2 Affliction, DC 12)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Jedi Order)- Jedi are under numerous rules (never falling in love, stuff like that), and their mission is to keep peace and order throughout the galaxy.
Relationship (Master)- A Padawan is taught by a Master, who generally has to rein in the eager young candidate for the Order.
Responsibility (The Dark Side)- The Dark Side is dangerously-close for all Jedi. Using the "Channel the Dark Side Powers", using Dark Side-like powers (like strangling someone with The Force, or crushing them internally), killing defeated foes or otherwise killing needlessly, and even using All-Out or Power Attack too often can lead the Jedi down a dark path. The Dark Side is "quicker, EASIER- more seductive," and the temporary boost of power can easily tempt one. Excessive use of the Dark Side will twist one's spirit, and mangle their body.
Weakness (Inverse Law of Ninjitsu)- Jedi Knights become magically shittier the more of them are involved with one conflict. Two Jedi frequently lose against a single opponent, leaving the survivor to defeat the enemy. If there are dozens of Jedi around you, you're pretty f*cked. Maybe they just can't use their Lightsabers to full-effectiveness with allies close by.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 18 (109)

-The Jedi/Padawan relationship became of paramount importance to the Prequel Trilogy and surrounding fiction (both Clone Wars cartoons had this as a big theme), though got a bit of use in the Original Trilogy via Luke & Obi-Wan, then Luke & Yoda. Luke only knew either guy for like a week, however. Usually, we saw it with Obi-Wan & Anakin, and I can't help but think that Obi-Wan kind of screwed the pooch on that front. Like, his student not only TURNED EVIL, but basically SLAUGHTERED ALL THE REMAINING JEDI. You can't really call yourself a good teacher after THAT.

-Padawans are like regular Jedi, but lower-level- during the Battle of Geonosis, they are unpractised and cut down in DROVES alongside presumably-more-experienced Jedi. They're... GOOD fighters, but can't take out Mooks like a Master Jedi could, and are much more vulnerable.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:19 pm Looking at the Ithorian's sonic attack I'm wondering where the Unreliable came from? I think the only time it's really used on screen is in the original Clone Wars cartoon which had it used a couple times in quick succession, I'd say just being tiring would be enough to keep it from being used overly often without HPs. For the attack itself, the Jedi one's seemed rather powerful. It's first use caused a hallway to instantly collapse on Grievous, while the second used soon after ripped apart the metal flooring and tore apart the small army of elite mook droids Grievous tried to use to corner them and somewhat stalled the general himself who at that point seemed like a rather high tier threat.
I'm kind of going under the assumption that the regular guys in the race can't whip that out that often at all- it seemed to take a lot out of the Jedi (who, yeah, is getting a build later). Though I find it hilarious how it wasn't a part of them until the cartoon used it, so the D&D guys had to rapidly add that ability into their "Ithorian" racial choice in the RPG :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 am I never skip a chance to watch the Battle of Hoth if I happen across it on TV. Luke never actually got an AT-AT with a tow cable. His gunner (Dak) got taken out before he could take a shot. It was Wedge that took the first walker down.
My bad- I haven't seen those movies in a billion years. Hell, I might not have seen Empire since it was re-released to theaters!
Jabroniville

Jedi Knights

Post by Jabroniville »

JEDI KNIGHTS
Role:
Space Samurai
PL 8 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Equipment 3 (Blaster +5, Assorted Gear), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Lightsaber), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Languages (A Few), Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mastery of The Force"
"Force Senses"
Senses 8 (Detect The Force- Ranged 3, Detect Life- Ranged 3) [8]
Enhanced Skill 2: Vehicles 2 (+9) [1]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment) [3]

Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Jedi Laser Deflection" Deflect 10 (Extras: Multiattack, Reflect, Redirection) (Flaws: Limited to Lasers, Lightsaber-Based, Multiattack Requires Multiple Lasers -1/2) (15) -- [18]
  • AE: "Use The Force" Move Object 4 (Feats: Precise, Subtle) (Diminished Range -1) (9)
  • AE: "Force Push" Damage 2 (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) Linked to Affliction 5 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Stunned) (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (12.5)
  • AE: "Jedi Mind Trick" Affliction 3 (Will; Dazed/Compelled) (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area- Audio Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Lightsaber +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Blaster +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Force Push +2-5 Area (+2 Damage & +5 Affliction, DC 12 & 15)
Mind Trick +3 Area (+3 Affliction, DC 13)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Jedi Order)- Jedi are under numerous rules (never falling in love, stuff like that), and their mission is to keep peace and order throughout the galaxy.
Relationship (Padawan)- Many Padawans are taught by Masters, who generally has to rein in the eager young candidate for the Order.
Responsibility (The Dark Side)- The Dark Side is dangerously-close for all Jedi. Using the "Channel the Dark Side Powers", using Dark Side-like powers (like strangling someone with The Force, or crushing them internally), killing defeated foes or otherwise killing needlessly, and even using All-Out or Power Attack too often can lead the Jedi down a dark path. The Dark Side is "quicker, EASIER- more seductive," and the temporary boost of power can easily tempt one. Excessive use of the Dark Side will twist one's spirit, and mangle their body.
Weakness (Inverse Law of Ninjitsu)- Jedi Knights become magically shittier the more of them are involved with one conflict. Two Jedi frequently lose against a single opponent, leaving the survivor to defeat the enemy. If there are dozens of Jedi around you, you're pretty f*cked. Maybe they just can't use their Lightsabers to full-effectiveness with allies close by.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 18 (143)

-Standard Jedi Knights are rather elite, hitting PL 8- the equivalent of a Rookie Super-Hero, which rather fits guys that can be incredibly-dangerous, but have very Mook-y instances of being easily-defeated by adversaries both numerous & solitary. Many of the Jedi seen in supplementary materials that DON'T play a role in the major plot end up here, as they can be great fighters, but fail to stand out from each other. And remember, though PL 8 is only "Rookie Super-Hero" level, there are HUNDREDS of these guys. The Battle of Geonosis from Attack of the Clones involved more than TWO-HUNDRED of them, and it took hundreds upon hundreds of Combat Droids to bring them down to a mere 20 (assume that both Minion Rules and the aforementioned "Inverse Law of Ninjitsu" Complication are in effect). At PL 8, they are just one notch lower than Qui-Gon Jinn was in the first Prequel.

-Jedi Knights are a lot more expensive than the immature Padawans, despite being close in PL (Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon were near-equals in combat skill- Obi-Wan may have even been BETTER). Because while Padawans can be the physical equals of their Masters, they lack the breadth and depth of Skills and Advantages, being inexperienced and a bit hot-headed. Jedi Knights are trained diplomats, go-betweens and protectors, and are thus a lot more well-rounded... of course 90% of their missions end in a giant firefight anyways, but hey- their Persuasion isn't that high.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jedi Council

Post by Jabroniville »

JEDI COUNCIL MEMBERS
Role:
Wise Old Mentor-Figures Who Are Also Kinda Doofuses, Ruling Council
PL 9 (166)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Lightsaber) 2 (+10)
Insight 4 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+7)
Perception 6 (+10)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Benefit (Rank- Jedi Council), Defensive Attack, Equipment 3 (Blaster +5, Assorted Gear), Fascination (Persuasion), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Lightsaber), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Languages (A Few), Ranged Attack 6, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mastery of The Force"
"Force Senses"
Senses 10 (Detect The Force- Ranged 4, Detect Life- Ranged 4) [10]
Enhanced Skill 2: Vehicles 2 (+8) [1]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment) [3]

Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Jedi Laser Deflection" Deflect 12 (Extras: Multiattack, Reflect, Redirection) (Flaws: Limited to Lasers, Lightsaber-Based, Multiattack Requires Multiple Lasers -1/2) (18) -- [21]
  • AE: "Use The Force" Move Object 6 (Feats: Precise, Subtle) (Diminished Range -1) (13)
  • AE: "Force Push" Damage 2 (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) Linked to Affliction 6 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Stunned) (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (14)
  • AE: "Jedi Mind Trick" Affliction 4 (Will; Dazed/Compelled) (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area- Audio Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Lightsaber +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Blaster +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Force Push +2-6 Area (+2 Damage & +6 Affliction, DC 12 & 16)
Mind Trick +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Responsibility (The Council)- Council members are held to a higher standard than other Jedi.
Weakness (Static & Unmoving)- The Council members are prone to being a little too set in their ways, and don't like anybody speaking out of line. This leaves them rather reactive, rather than proactive.
Relationship (Padawan)- Many Padawans are taught by Masters, who generally has to rein in the eager young candidate for the Order.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 47 / Defenses: 18 (166)

-The Jedi Council mainly sat around and did nothing for the first bit of the Prequels- they're an elite bunch of super-wise, well-respected Jedi, but suffer from a few character flaws: They're very stuck in their ways, and they don't like people to go against the "Company Line". Though Masters Yoda & Windu are hardcore, the rest are only seen occasionally, and get zero characterization beyond agreeing with what the others are saying. All but Yoda were slain when Palpatine gave the order to take down the Jedi- most were gunned down by the Clone Troopers. Their numbers include Gas Mask Guy (Plo Koon), Tall Head Guy (Ki-Adi-Mundi), Black Girl Killed By Darth Maul's Brother (Adi Gallia), and a few backgrounders, none of whom do much of anything during the films. Some get a few focus episodes in the Clone Wars series, however.

-I figure High Council members for being PL 9s with a bit more Awareness than lesser Jedi. They're all extremely-good fighters, but are still mowed down by Clones. PL 9 puts them on an even level with Qui-Gon Jinn, and they cost a good deal of points, owing to the fact that Jedi have to do a LOT of different jobs.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'd say one of the biggest mistakes of the Prequels (aside from Jar Jar, Midiclorians, some casting choices and the lack of a co-director) was how they handled the Jedi.

The overall concept wasn't bad, with the idea of this great order that had protected the galaxy for tens of thousands of years was brought low at their most complacent moment, sending the galaxy into darkness. The Jedi had become comfortable, more concerned with managing the politics of the galaxy than the needs of the Force, and certain members like Yoda had made the last 100 years of the Jedi steadily more rigid and dogmatic. It was basically a perfect time for them to be destroyed when people like Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin could have lead it towards a revitalization without Sith interference. Even their destruction largely by those they trusted made perfect sense.

Instead, the Jedi are kind of . . . well, they're watered down from what we expected. The idea in the original trilogy was that Yoda, while a great Jedi Master, was not the be-all-end-all of Jedi, and that the stuff Yoda and Luke could do was considered AVERAGE for a Jedi. Like, every Jedi should have been the equivalent of a one-man army and full on superhero-level threat. It's sort of like the Texas Ranger of idea of "One riot, one Ranger" where a single Jedi showing up is frequently more than enough to deal with any issue, and multiple Jedi showing up is an example of how big the crisis is.

Seeing Yoda fight with a lightsaber was also kind of silly, as I thought the whole point of being an elite Jedi was to progressively have less and less need for a lightsaber. Like, a lightsaber is a tool, and once you'd fully mastered the Force, it would become an unnecessary tool. Someone trying to attack Yoda with a lightsaber would have Yoda just flick the lightsaber out of their hand and then smack them into a wall with his brain.

I'm not saying the Jedi should have been invincible, but draw a bit more from the wuxia/wire-fu side of things.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.