Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Sea Dragons- Ghost, Hydros, Octo & Sand Dragon!)

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:34 pm They weren't hated persay at least not in my experience when they came out. Africa was primarily liked for the apocalypse storyline and how to handle the horsemen via the Army of light which was the focus of the story

England was all about the millennium trees and Arthurian legend so you could play a knight of the round table without having to be a cyber knight.

Neither book was universally loved or as popular as japan or juicer uprising but they weren't panned either.

I think any hatred for Africa IMHO comes from as you've pointed out people waking up more to the racial sterotypes and in general just RCC/OCC bloat in the book as well as the fact that a book base don a continent that's basically larger then the entire north American continent for the most part is reduced to some basic blurbs about how wild it is. this is a land where dinosaurs and dragons and who knows what else could roam around along with walking mountains and giants etc etc and they reduce it to Egypt and witch doctors oo eee oo ahh ahh

as for England its mostly been one of the forgotten books but mostly because the English setting simply never caught on with the same detail that NGR and europes warzone did. England has a lot of great magic story potential with Irelands fae and scotlands lore as well aa albion and Arthurian myth etc but England as a book just seems to have fallen to the background as the story potential outside of Arthurian conflict with the alien intelligence myrrlynn was all they focused on. theres even a blurb about myrlynn trying to keep Arthur from sending troops to aid the army of light in Africa against the horsemen

For the most part so id say they have kind fo slid into the background of most campaigns especially since in a way the writers of rifts have handicapped the PCs a bit by saying ohnonono water travels too dangerous and sos air travel over the oceans and yeah Ley line travels possible but VERRRRRRRRRRRRRy dangerous because you don't know what could hitch a ride with you and arrive at your destination so best to stay here in the good ole US of A with future Nazis and various monsters.

Oh and by the way we have all these fantastic settings which should be played on their own. they've created this great world but no way without some GM interpretation to actually interact with it

which ironically was what Africa brought to the table with the Army of Light. Heroes from ALL OVER THE WORLD fighting the desperate struggle against the Horsemen before doomsday
Cool, thanks for the response. I figured something like that, but I didn't want to be too biased, since I hadn't actually read the book yet- I might have just been basing things off of my friends never having collected Rifts England and merely assuming it was weak.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Ichthyosaur! Jonah's Fish! Kilmoran's Eel!)

Post by Ares »

I had a talk with Jab last night about this topic, and in my experience Rifts Africa and England were both not popular, and did receive flack from anyone who actually read them.

Africa's problem was that it tried to condense the importance of an entire nation into a single book, and a book that didn't even focus on the land itself for the most part. Most of the book was dedicated to the Four Horsemen plot and the idea of basically the Justice League of the Rifts setting showing up to stop them. I've said it before, but the Four Horsemen book should have been a source book on its own with a lot of potential adventure seeds inside of it. It should have been a truly global adventure where each Horseman appears on a different continent, and the four travel to a single point, cutting these huge swaths of chaos and destruction across the world, justifying the need for the heroes to move, travel and collaborate to stop them.

Like maybe War lands in North America, and it's his presence that kicks off the Coalition/Tolkien War, which makes him grow in power. And it's only after both sides have been weakened that he starts marching through their territories, killing everyone in his path. It gives justification for a major event in the setting, it demonstrates the sheer threat each horseman presents, and it justifies a huge global mission to stop them.

Africa itself could have been very interesting instead of the mass of stereotypes we got. Obviously in a world where magic is a probable thing people are going to start practicing it and give life to old traditions. But Africa has been this hotbed of conflict for a long time, with warlords popping up all over the place, dictators replacing each other and the ongoing racial tensions. By the coming of the Rifts, several African powers had developed their own advanced technology. I think they might have been responsible for Juicers.

So imagine the coming of the Rifts and the world goes completely nuts. It's the perfect opportunity for each warlord to gather as many people to them to serve them out of a desire to survive as possible, and could create this landscape of different city states with their own personality, in an uneasy peace with each other as they fight the monsters at their door. One could be completely pro-human, one might use DeeBees as slave labor, one might welcome DeeBees as citizens if they prove they aren't evil, etc. It gives a lot of potential for a unique setting, especially given how magic, DeeBees, alien technology and the lime might have shifted things.

Or you could got the opposite and have some Nelson Mandela like figure actually unite the disparate factions into a single power, sort of like the Rifts version of Wakanda, only less "segregationist isolationist ethno-state" than the actual Wakanda. Have this powerful force rise up thanks to one good leader and have Africa maybe be a less evil version of the Coalition States, with multiple city states spread throughout the region that work together for a common purpose.

Then there's all the C.J. Carella style craziness you could toss in as well, random aliens, monsters, threats, etc. Heck, I'd leave Egypt to be it's own book.

Rifts England is . . . well, boring. For some reason it went completely back to Medieval Times, and there's way too much focus on druids, weird plants and the Millennium Trees. The friggin Millennium Trees. For some reason, Siembieda loved the Millennium Tree concept. And it isn't a bad one, it just seems like he went overboard with them. The knights are all just guys in non-magical armor and swords going around fighting monsters. The whole of Arthurian Mythology gets turned into this Lovecraftian horror story, which COULD be interesting but it kind of sucks that other historical figures of heroism and mythology get brought back in full glory and here it turns out Merlin was evil.

Imagine if during the time of the Rifts King Arthur HAD returned in his people's time of greatest need, and lead the nation through the dark times to create a new Camelot that was a mix of magic and technology, basically the city of Lazlo on a grander scale. Arthur would have eventually died, but before he dies he returns Excalibur to a stone, and each new ruler of Camelot must be chosen by the sword to lead the nation. And regardless of how the previous ruler dies, the sword always manages to be returned to the stone for a new ruler to be chosen.

You could then do things where Excalibur is used to enchant the swords and gear of the Knights of the Round Table, making each knight have their own high powered magical sword. Their armor and extra gear could all be Techno-Wizard stuff. The "squires" could be a highly trained military group armed with high tech gear that each hope to be promoted to Knight through valiant service. You could have a good version of the Mystic Knights from Rifts Mad Haven. Wizards could be a respected class, with a Harry Potter style school for wizardry. Technology and magic would be seen as equally valuable, and supernatural creatures are actually okay so long as they follow the rules and are good citizens.

Make Camelot an actual beacon of hope in a dark world, where you could see a Knight with magic gear riding a griffin into battle, flanked by a squad of Squires in gear ranging from personal power armor to robot armor, supported by the squad's wizard. You could even do things where you examine how the military might have changed under this situation, how it combines traditional modern military tactics with the Chivalric code, magic and knights. Like there's a drop ship being deployed and the squires are all having the kind of banter you'd see in the opening of Predator, with the squad wizard reading a book. Then the Knight comes in and everyone gets at attention, the way they would when a high ranking officer comes onboard, and the knight gives the military briefing and a speech, ending with drawing his sword and saying "For King/Queen, Country and Camelot!", which they all echo.

So much wasted potential.

C.J. Carella showed that you could go bonkers with the setting, and while Rifts Japan was a collection of cliches, at least those cliches were fun and fit the setting. Rifts Africa suffered from a lack of focus and the wrong stereotypes, and Rifts England was just boring.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Curbludgeon

Post by Curbludgeon »

I suppose I might describe England and Africa as clumsily attempting the fomat better realized in South America and Underseas, where disparate elements were thrown together not so much to highlight contrast as to caulk in place whatever was most recently half-polished.

I've commented on the Africa book before, and in addition to the immediate problems I'd add there was a real problem with K.S. overfocusing on the less engaging but more page-filling aspects of a proposed metaplot. Africa came out a little after the Mechanoids sourcebook, itself being the first of several crises in a psychic warning storyline that never panned out, and the Horsemen were meant to be another checkboOnex on the list. Instead of making that another sourcebook, which could have included ideas subsequently published regarding Horseman cults and earlier manifestations of Apocalypse demon foursomes, it was jammed into a book that was simultaneously too short and too long. The whole "Gathering of Heroes" section is entirely useless, being an excuse to stat up Erin Tarn and friends. The section on ancient Egyptian gods was essentially an ad for Pantheons of the Megaverse. The Phoenix Empire is a decent example of a regional power (provided you reduce the supernatural population totals by ~90%), and something that we could have stood to see 5-6 more of. The Necromancer section was fine, and was likely the main utility of the book for most readers until it was superceded in that respect by Mystic Russia. The Mind Bleeder is a lesser version of the same. The other OCCs were page bloat through cultural stereotype, in which several of those authors just couldn't help themselves from indulging. The section cribbed from an encyclopedia is so perfunctory that those 15 or so pages would have been far better used just giving stats for things from myth.

The England World Book is put together much the same way. The sections on Temporal Magic and Millennium Tree items are the most useful takeaway for most games, much of the herbology section is blatant copypasta, and New Camelot spends 1/6 of the book on statting NPCs for a throwaway story in a kingdom of 16000 while barely giving a mention to the millions in Ireland and Scotland. The section on Celtic gods is shorter than in Africa, so is less of an affront, and the RCCs are a mixed bag. One thing that really rubbed me the wrong way about New Camelot is that Merlin (however they spelled it) has a magic pyramid quite close to a Splugorth outpost, whom absolutely would not have stood for that. Giving stats for a new kind of alien intelligence is ok but spending time making Galahad a tattooed man while Percival wears power armor or whatever is a total waste. If I were going to play in that area again I'd scrap Camelot entirely. A few years back I had a different take, making the intelligence a sporulating hivemind, as described here.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Make Camelot an actual beacon of hope in a dark world, where you could see a Knight with magic gear riding a griffin into battle, flanked by a squad of Squires in gear ranging from personal power armor to robot armor, supported by the squad's wizard. You could even do things where you examine how the military might have changed under this situation, how it combines traditional modern military tactics with the Chivalric code, magic and knights. Like there's a drop ship being deployed and the squires are all having the kind of banter you'd see in the opening of Predator, with the squad wizard reading a book. Then the Knight comes in and everyone gets at attention, the way they would when a high ranking officer comes onboard, and the knight gives the military briefing and a speech, ending with drawing his sword and saying "For King/Queen, Country and Camelot!", which they all echo.
Actually did something very similar in a brief run of England rifts. New Camelot was built around the base of a millennium tree that spouted out of the ruins of London. the Knights were of the round were basically superheroes/jedi knights whose authority was rarely questioned but they had to maintain rigorous codes or be smote by the lady of the lake in some fashion. Worship of the lady was the paramount religion with Merlin being camelots ally.

the military was basically modern Rift military mixed with Knights and militia a real colorful display but very effective especially against monsters like the brodkill, gargoyles and such.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, thanks for the responses, guys! Sidious names Rifts England as one of his favorite World Books in an early post on this thread, so I imagine he's a fan, but I wasn't sure about the "general" response.
Jabroniville

Terror Eel

Post by Jabroniville »

TERROR EEL
Role:
Human-Sized Nasty Bastard, Terror-Causers
PL 6 (58)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 7 (+6)
Close Combat (Bite) 5 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+2 Size)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bite), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended & Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 4 (16 mph) [4]
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]

"Eel Bite" Strength-Damage +3 [3]

"Terror Shriek" Affliction 6 (Will; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Unaware Hearing) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- Hearing Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Hearing Impairment) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Eel Bite +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Eels cannot speak to humans, nor use their fins to easily manipulate objects.
Disabled- Fish require water to survive, and will die quickly if left out of it.

Total: Abilities: -2 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 14 (58)

-Terror Eels are a fairly unique addition to the world of Rifts monster- something that's both S.D.C. (and thus not a threat to any well-armed PCs), but also has Magical powers. In this case, Terror Eels are effectively just Moray Eels with the ability to create magical fear in other creatures. Sometimes called "Screaming Eels" (which makes me think they're inspired by the Princess Bride creatures), they are very good at surrounding creatures and each blasting their "Terror Shrieks" to disabled them.
Jabroniville

Mega-Ray

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA-RAY
Role:
Undersea Mount
PL 8 (69 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+3, +8 Size)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 12 (+14, +4 Size)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 7 (Extended 2 & Acute Scent, Tracking-Scent, Low-Light & Extended Vision, Extended Hearing) [7]
"Lateral Lines" Senses 1 (Ranged Touch) [1]
"Sonar Stealth" Concealment (Hearing) 1 (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 3 (8 mph) [3]
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Cold) [2]
Immunity 10 (Cold Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]

"Natural Size" Growth 10 (Str & Sta +10, +10 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -10 Stealth) -- (42 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [21]

"Psionics" (Bio-Regenerate Self, Empathy, Increased Healing, Presence Sense, See the Invisible)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Rays cannot speak to humans, nor use their fins to easily manipulate objects.
Disabled- Rays require water to survive, and will die quickly if left out of it. Also, they MUST be able to continue swimming to be able to breathe- if trapped by anything, they will slowly drown.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 40 + Psionics / Defenses: 19 (69 + Psionics)

-The book includes two kinds of M.D.C. mantas, for some reason (that reason is probably "because both artists drew something, and only one matched the book's cover art"), and the weaker of the two is the Mega-Ray. Curiously, this is the one that's on the cover of the book, with two Mega-Rays swimming around, fitted with mechanical gear (a contrast to the "living armor" typically used in the book's art). Also, they are in NO WAY close to the size shown in the write-up, as the book's cover features manta ray-sized creatures, while these are said to be 40-70 feet wide from wingtip to wingtip!

-Mega-Rays were modified by Biomancy to become powerful beasts of burden, and they are involved in all aspects of Lemurian society, being ridden for work and play alike. They are partially-concealed to Sonar and hearing, but have much lower stats than most War Steeds, being only moderately tough (averaging about a hundred M.D.C.) and doing +8 damage at maximum. PL 8 is almost nothing in Rifts, especially for a large creature that needs so much room to move about their options are limited outside of the open ocean.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Jonah's Fish! Kilmoran's Eel! Mega-Ray!)

Post by Spectrum »

Something has been kinda puzzling me about the Lemurian setting. Hopefully, I'm missing a crucial piece of information that makes sense out of all of this.

A. A major threat is the vampire intelligences
B. A danger to the vampire intelligences is running water- in the Mexico book they even have high powered water pistols as a weapon against them
C. The ocean is made of.. running.. water?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

The major threat is an Alien Intelligence in this case the Lord of the deep and in some cases Lord Splyncryth of Atlantis a splugorth intelligence

the main differnces is that the Vampire intellgences usually manifest on land
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Ah yes, but I thought that they were specifically Vampire Intelligences?
Curbludgeon

Post by Curbludgeon »

There is a variant type of Vampire Intelligence in the Lemuria book, whom uses the Milu crab people as servants and a stylized version of Davy Jones as the Master Vampire. That type of vampire is specifically immune to running water (pg 158), but takes extra damage from Biomancy energy weapons.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

its possible they are I know palladium classifies its intelligences under the same basic profile big ugly evil alien etc etc. but they are also different

Vampire intelligences for example are considered the ugly stepchild of the intelligences, the splugorth are considered a joke but one that doesn't get laughed at when theyre around and so on

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Mega-Ray

Post by Jabroniville »

LINE RAY
Role:
Undersea Mount
PL 9 (148 + Magic & Psionics)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+3, +6 Size)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 10 (+12, +6 Size)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 7 (Extended 2 & Acute Scent, Tracking-Scent, Low-Light & Extended Vision, Extended Hearing) [7]
"Lateral Lines" Senses 1 (Ranged Touch) [1]

"Sea Creature"
Immunity 4 (Drowning, Cold, Ley Line Storms) [4]
Immunity 10 (Cold Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]

"Natural Size" Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (21 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]

"Ley Line Powers"
"Ley Line Phasing" Teleport 10 (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (Flaws: Limited to Along Ley Lines, Source- 15-60 Second Ritual -1/2, Unreliable- 4/hour -1/2) (20) -- [23]
  • AE: Flight 5 (Flaws: Source- Ley Lines) (5)
  • AE: Swimming 5 (30 mph) (5)
  • AE: "Ley Line Hopping" Teleport 5 (Flaws: Source- Ley Lines) (5)
"Ley Line Energy Blast" Blast 9 (Feats: Extended Reach 2, Accurate 3) (Flaws: Source- Ley Lines) [14]
"Ley Line Healing" Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) (Flaws: Source- Ley Lines) [3]
"Read Ley Lines" Senses 7 (Ley Line Awareness- Ranged 2, Analytical, Acute, Distance Sense) [7]
"Sense Magic" Senses 2 (Magic Awareness- Ranged) [2]

"Magic" (Chameleon, Cleanse, Globe of Daylight, Ley Line Fade, Invisibility- Simple, Negate Poison/Toxin, See Aura, See the Invisible, Sense Evil)
"Psionics" (Resist Fatigue, Resist Hunger, Sense Dimensional Anomaly, Sense Time)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Rays cannot speak to humans, nor use their fins to easily manipulate objects.
Disabled- Rays require water to survive, and will die quickly if left out of it. Also, they MUST be able to continue swimming to be able to breathe- if trapped by anything, they will slowly drown.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 96 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 15 (148 + Magic & Psionics)

-Finally, we come to the Line Rays, the much more powerful variety of Ray in the book, despite being MUCH smaller! These are also thought to be the creation of Biomancy, but the book doesn't elaborate upon their origins- just that they are seen as highly-versatile mounts that can move through both water and air. However, their dependence upon Ley Lines for so many of their abilities seems to be a major hindrance to me. Much as a Ley Line is MASSIVELY larger underwater (as it is probably a wall that's literally miles high and you can move through any part of that), it's like... how often are you SURE you're going to see one?

-So a Line Ray is around twice as durable as a Mega-Ray (P.E.x10 M.D.C., which is likely around 20 or so), is faster, does +10 damage, and has a ton of Ley Line Walker powers, boosting its cost to ridiculous levels. Magic, Psionics AND all that stuff adds up to a bunch.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Curbludgeon wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:58 am There is a variant type of Vampire Intelligence in the Lemuria book, whom uses the Milu crab people as servants and a stylized version of Davy Jones as the Master Vampire. That type of vampire is specifically immune to running water (pg 158), but takes extra damage from Biomancy energy weapons.
Thank you! So... aquatic vampire intelligences.
Jabroniville

Saber-Toothed Sea Lion

Post by Jabroniville »

SABER-TOOTHED SEA LION
Role:
Oddly-Broken Super-Monster
PL 12 (76)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+8)
Close Combat (Tusks) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 9 (+8 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack 5, Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Water), Improved Critical (Tusks), Improved Hold

Powers:
"Echolocation & Other Senses" Senses 9 (Extended, Ultra & Accurate Hearing, Extended & Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense, Acute & Extended Scent) [9]
"Tusks" Strength-Damage +6 (Extras: Penetrating 8) [6]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 6 (30 mph) [6]
Immunity 2 (Cold, Drowning) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic) [2]

"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
"Thick Blubber" Protection 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Tusks +10 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Sea Lions cannot speak to humans, nor use their flippers to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (Duelling)- Sea Lion males duel and posture for mating rights. These contests involve many stab wounds, but are rarely fatal- the older ones have numerous scars.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 12 (76)

-A totally random addition to Rifts Lemuria, I was thinking this was gonna be just another "Upgraded Regular Animal" and be done with it... but then I looked at the stats. FIVE ATTACKS? His M.D.C. is his Physical Endurance times SIX? His bite does HOW much damage? These guys are given a tiny write-up indicating they're just pack animals who follow a leader and are thus easy to tame and make amenable to riders, with Oceanic Guardsmen & Serpent Hunters sometimes doing so. But really, they are INSANELY powerful! So much so that I wonder if the anemic Narcassai Swordfish stats weren't accidentally replaced with this one's, as that creature's an untameable menace, and this one apparently takes well to it and isn't as scary, despite doing three times the damage twice as quickly.

-A Saber-Toothed Sea Lion only has semi-reasonable M.D.C.- averaging to 136 or so, because the P.E. number is so flat (1D6+18 doesn't lead to a lot of variance)- but then you add in the ridiculous number of attacks, +3 to hit, and an absolutely insane 6D6 Mega-Damage bite (about +13 damage in my set-up), you have something that does the same amount of damage as a War Steed, yet very little indication in its bio that it's supposed to be so dangerous. Hell, this thing is described like it was almost any other animal, but it gets THAT?