Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

Nope, I don't think I mentioned them following you. Like I said, you guys headed off doing your own stuff. The ratcatchers were probably taking care of things like their dead and wounded members and disposing of a dead swamp dragon. I was just following your lead. If you want a chance to get back to headquarters that is fine by me. I know you feel naked without your armour Lady Elizabeth.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:20 am
Nope, I don't think I mentioned them following you. Like I said, you guys headed off doing your own stuff. The ratcatchers were probably taking care of things like their dead and wounded members and disposing of a dead swamp dragon. I was just following your lead. If you want a chance to get back to headquarters that is fine by me. I know you feel naked without your armour Lady Elizabeth.
Sorry... I was trying to get Hollamby to follow per your lead. Changing that direction.
"So Iggy. While we make our way back, I'm curious. How precisely does a goblin like yourself end up in our brigade?"
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"There are no other goblins like myself." he says smoothly which a touch of haughtiness.

"As the anomaly that I was, I could only logically end up one place...." Iggy says with certainty, "Bedlam Asylum."

"So to forestall that, I asked Sir Reginald to arrange the opportunity for me to serve in the Air Brigade. I estimate the increased mental demands and distraction added years of lucidity. That's... over now." he says, looking at his artificial arm, a tinge of regret in his squeaky voice.

"But you... bright, intelligent, a world changer, you are, yes? You just have to fight against a world that hates the different, that hates change, that hates... us."

"Were I betting male, I wouldn't like the World's odds...
He gives a chuckle and a lop-sided, snaggle-toothed grin.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 am "There are no other goblins like myself." he says smoothly which a touch of haughtiness.

"As the anomaly that I was, I could only logically end up one place...." Iggy says with certainty, "Bedlam Asylum."

"So to forestall that, I asked Sir Reginald to arrange the opportunity for me to serve in the Air Brigade. I estimate the increased mental demands and distraction added years of lucidity. That's... over now." he says, looking at his artificial arm, a tinge of regret in his squeaky voice.

"But you... bright, intelligent, a world changer, you are, yes? You just have to fight against a world that hates the different, that hates change, that hates... us."

"Were I betting male, I wouldn't like the World's odds...
He gives a chuckle and a lop-sided, snaggle-toothed grin.
"Hmm... Well world changing is a tricky business. Plenty of people who like the world the way it is will try to keep it that way. They will react to even small changes, such as a goblin in the air brigade, or a woman teaching mathematics. It helps to not care what others think. Sadly, I am a woman of our age. Manners make the woman."

Elizabeth smiled warmly at the little goblin.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

apologies-struggling with continuity I guess. Blame spieadic pisting on my part.
Given time, you eventually manage to walk to an area that would allow you to get a hansom cab back to Sir Henry's. It is a quick process to get cleaned up, have a hot bath, and a decent meal while Sir Henry discusses your findings.

"it's a tragedy about the swamp dragon.. I used to play chess with one, called himself Cyril, overly fond of the Ronanov gambit. You did what you had to do I supose. As for the ratcatchers I fear they will be needed soon.

I can't imagine synthesising mating hormone is an easy task. I would have thought an old fashioned love potion would have been easier. So it seems like we are looking for someone who is near King's basin, using a ship that has been to Africa recently, but has links to someone with advanced chemical synthesising capabilities.

Iggy, which countries fit that list? With your knowledge of chemistry you are probably more in the loop than anyone else."
Everyone can make a Chemistry roll
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 pm
apologies-struggling with continuity I guess. Blame spieadic pisting on my part.
Given time, you eventually manage to walk to an area that would allow you to get a hansom cab back to Sir Henry's. It is a quick process to get cleaned up, have a hot bath, and a decent meal while Sir Henry discusses your findings.

"it's a tragedy about the swamp dragon.. I used to play chess with one, called himself Cyril, overly fond of the Ronanov gambit. You did what you had to do I supose. As for the ratcatchers I fear they will be needed soon.

I can't imagine synthesising mating hormone is an easy task. I would have thought an old fashioned love potion would have been easier. So it seems like we are looking for someone who is near King's basin, using a ship that has been to Africa recently, but has links to someone with advanced chemical synthesising capabilities.

Iggy, which countries fit that list? With your knowledge of chemistry you are probably more in the loop than anyone else."
Everyone can make a Chemistry roll
Chemistry Roll 19

I think I might have a penalty for being untrained in chemistry. -2? -5?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy wanted to say it was 'Alchemy' he knew which.... shared the field with chemistry. But it wasn't worth mentioning. Many people used them as synonyms these days any way.

To synthesize that pheromone...
Alchemical: 1d20+15 35
Oh, wow.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Fritz Haber is the only scientist you think capable of this at the moment. The man is your hero. His ground breaking work on piperonal derivatives, his enlightened work in electrochemistry...You should have recognised his work in the polymer chains. You have followed his work closely. He is currently working for the Royal Dutch Petroleum Company in an unspecified role although his rate of publication has dropped off a lot recently.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy shares the information he'd gleaned with the room.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

"Hmm... do we have any particular in with this man? It would be useful if we could talk to him under friendly pretenses."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“He May have heard of me as I have him.” Iggy muses. “I can always approach as a peer to compliment his discoveries, of which are many that are compliment-worthy.” The goblin nods at the idea of meeting the scientist.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:56 am “He May have heard of me as I have him.” Iggy muses. “I can always approach as a peer to compliment his discoveries, of which are many that are compliment-worthy.” The goblin nods at the idea of meeting the scientist.
"Would you rather I went in with you or waited nearby, just-in-case? I am also a scientist and mathematician, but if we are both there, it may give him reason to alarm."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You could come. It is a feature of the society that he may not have paid attention to your scientific achievements. Plus having a female there may split his focus and his answers may be more honest. Are we trying to figure out if he did it, and if so, who put him up to it? Or are we considering him to be one of our enemies? It would not be the first time a man of science developed dark intentions." Iggy offers.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:44 pm "You could come. It is a feature of the society that he may not have paid attention to your scientific achievements. Plus having a female there may split his focus and his answers may be more honest. Are we trying to figure out if he did it, and if so, who put him up to it? Or are we considering him to be one of our enemies? It would not be the first time a man of science developed dark intentions." Iggy offers.
"We cannot make assumptions here. We shall go together; but I think we should take the carriage. I will not wear my suit as we enter; but I would like it nearby, just in case."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Just where is it you are going?