IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

The majority of the tracks lead off to the west, down the same path that Aldan chose to investigate.
The west hallway branches of north and south. Up the hallway to the north is a fairly well maintained door, with light escaping from under it.
To the south the hallway almost immediately ends, but Zasio immediately spots a hidden latch indicating the south wall is actually a hidden door.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:17 | HP:21/21

Aldan will wave over Zasio. "North door or South secret door?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 31
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Z Goodberries (3 - each heals 1 hp), SB Goodberries (3 - each heals 4 hp)

"Secret door."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan goes to the southern wall and tries to open the door.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Correction: Aldan listens at the Southern door and checks for traps. (Almost forgot I was playing D&D)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Once Aldan finds the latch, the door opens easily without issue.
On the other side of the camouflaged doorway is a rough but sturdy dock floating in dark waters. Tied to it is an ugly but sturdy looking rowboat.
The room opens into a large cavern which appears to be an underground pond.
The room itself is silent with only the sound of water gently shifting around.
In the distance a log appears to be floating along deeper into the room.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[How far is the log?]
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

It is about 20 feet away from the end of the dock, almost submerged.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan uses his Mage hand to lightly tap the water's surface, 30 feet away (10 feet beyond the log). He suspects the log it a demarkation point for some some hazard and wants to see if it would be attracted to the disturbance his magic hand creates.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The "log" shoots forwards suddenly a large maw of sharp fangs appear. The mage hand disappears instantly, and the "log" quietly drifts off out of sight further in to the unground lake.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan jumps, not expecting that. "Zasio, I don't know that creature but we can maybe hide and both unleash ranged attacks at the same time? I fear if just one of us go without coordinating it will just submerge. Thoughts?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Z Goodberries (3 - each heals 1 hp), SB Goodberries (3 - each heals 4 hp)

Aldan wrote:Aldan jumps, not expecting that.  "Zasio, I don't know that creature but we can maybe hide and both unleash ranged attacks at the same time? I fear if just one of us go without coordinating it will just submerge. Thoughts?"
"That is an alligator Aldan, I've dealt with them several times. They are a surly beast to be sure." The Half Elf looks over the area for a moment considering things. "I recommend we leave it alone as it is unlikely it would attack us if we use the boat; to it we would be a larger creature and not prey. I'm certain if we try to pass without using the boat the alligator would try to pick us off one at a time to fill its belly."
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan looks over the water dubiously. "Unless it's specifically trained to do such, say by a psychotic cult - capsize a boat and all the people in it would be done for, yes? Can they be trained? And if there are more? Are they bolder in numbers?" he asks.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:

]

"I have never heard of anyone managing to train an alligator successfully nor have I witnessed alligators hunting in groups. These animals tend to be solitary, territorial hunters and that that one's size mean it is dominant; it would not tolerate a smaller hunter in its domain." "
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"All right, you're the expert. I'll take this moment to say I'm not the... strongest swimmer so being on water makes me *very* nervous."

Aldan secures the bag of holding across his body, making sure the flap is secure. He takes a coil of rope onto a shoulder, crossing his chest the opposite direction like a bandoleer. he makes sure his weapons are securely in their holsters in case of any unfortunate tumbles into the drink and otherwise makes himself as water-ready as possible.
[how many does the rowboat hold? How do we think it'll do with the heavier armored among us?]